facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 3, 2007, 07:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default Are not we asking too much from this young team? Please have patience

Yesterday there was a totally disappointing show in the field by our team
against NZ. They also failed to create any impression against Aus.  But i
am sure they will gear up soon again. They have potentials. Just need constant
and steady implementation. This team is too young. Let's have a look at the
players age and experiences.

Player Age ODI Test First ClassList A
Javed Omar30 54 35 77 89
Tamim Iqbal18 9 0 12 16
Aftab Ahmed21 60 10 26 74
Saqibul Hasan20 25 0 13 33
Habibul Bashar34 105 42 72 143
Md. Ashraful22 95 33 70 124
Mushfiq Rahim18 16 2 14 27
Mashrafe Murtaza23 61 20 28 68
Md Rafique36 117 26 49 152
Abdur Razzak24 43 1 37 83
Syed Rasel22 23 4 34 511
Shahriar Nafees 21 45 6 22 51
Shahadat Hossain20 20 7 23 31
Tapash Baisya24 56 21 56 87

First come to age group. If we break down the ages of the players in 4 groups
lets see what we find.

Age GroupNumber of players
20 below - 20 4
21 - 257
26 - 30 1
31 - Above2

It's clear that we have 4 players at age 20 or below. They are too young to be
productive at regular basis. Playing under pressure in every game may ruin their
confidence and definitely this may destroy their cricket career as well.

There are 7 player in 21-25 age group. At this age players are not well capable
of giving best output every day especially if they have to go under pressure
always. They need support from seniors. Along with their help they can give
vital contribution to team.

In 26-30 age group, we find only 1 player which is really pathetic. This is the most
important age group in cricket world. At this age players gets into full rhythm
and can take important responsibility. At this age, they start to understand their
responsibility and can handle pressure well. But our bad luck we have great
lack here.

And in 30 and above we have only 2 persons. Both of them are giving best output
in their respective fields. Rafiq is the best bowler we have for last several
years. While Bashar is the best test batsman BD ever had though he is not good
for ODI at all.

If you look at the experiences of our players, it is evident that they have lack
of good experiences as well. Most of our players even played fewer first class
and List A games than the number of test and ODIs played by the players of other
test playing countries.

Isn't it evident that we are asking too much from this young shoulders? With
time surely they will grow in good effective players for sure. But for now,
their young shoulders are really bent down by heavy weight. So stand beside them
and give required support.

Ash is probably the best capable batsman BD ever had. But he never became that
much productive. If we explore into deep to find the answer, this is
obvious that he always has to take too much pressure on his shoulder. Everybody of us
and the team expects him to play well every game. Along with him, we all
know that BD has a good chance to put up a good show if he clicks. This thing
started when he was only 17. Now the pressure is a bit released with the arrival
of some other good young player. But still we all rely too much on him . He
never had luxury to play under the shadow of other great batmen to grow up with
their guidance. Definitely that burden was too much for him and he used to
collapse.

Therefore this is obvious that we need to have patience and trust on them.
They started to put on good show on the field on odd days. At least, this has
started. With time they will grow mentally and technically and someday will come
up as a very good team for sure.

Old April 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
Club Cricketer

I for one do believe so, we are asking too much.

Looking at Dav coming in, in just 3 years the improvement is massive. Besides, the training we need to build the mental though process for these kids which is custom for the game. We are always getting beaten on that. What I see is that the experience players of age some 40+ is beating the nation who is represented by 21+ average team.

Then again some points out, your professional, and have already played so many games why isnt your performance becoming steady. This logic is also valid but breaks when look at age, after all they are way young and immature when compared to other teams.
Old April 3, 2007, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane2k
I for one do believe so, we are asking too much.

Looking at Dav coming in, in just 3 years the improvement is massive. Besides, the training we need to build the mental though process for these kids which is custom for the game. We are always getting beaten on that. What I see is that the experience players of age some 40+ is beating the nation who is represented by 21+ average team.

Then again some points out, your professional, and have already played so many games why isnt your performance becoming steady. This logic is also valid but breaks when look at age, after all they are way young and immature when compared to other teams.
That's why keeping faith on them is really important. Let them be free of pressure. At least no pressure from the fans.
Old April 3, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Most of the Bangladeshis are 1-3 years older than their official age, so our team may not be so young. However, I agree that most of the players are very immature in terms of match experience.
Old April 3, 2007, 02:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Most of the Bangladeshis are 1-3 years older than their official age, so our team may not be so young. However, I agree that most of the players are very immature in terms of match experience.
no sir u r wrong about that. they have the right ages.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 3, 2007, 02:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I am not sure if your observation is totally correct. But if you add 1-3 years with their age then still they are very young to be very much competitive. Isn't it my friend?:p
Old April 3, 2007, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I am not sure if your observation is totally correct. But if you add 1-3 years with their age then still they are very young to be very much competitive. Isn't it my friend?:p
If you add two years to average age of our players, they are as old as any average player from England or WI. Yes, they all are still very young.
Old April 3, 2007, 02:59 PM
Cricket Guru

I am really wondering about one thing. Is there really a big generation gap in BD cricket? If you look at the ages we don't have any player in the team at ages of 25-30 except gullu. it really seems some thing interesting to me. Why there is such a big gap?
Old April 3, 2007, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am really wondering about one thing. Is there really a big generation gap in BD cricket? If you look at the ages we don't have any player in the team at ages of 25-30 except gullu. it really seems some thing interesting to me. Why there is such a big gap?
Because we kicked out all the players from that generation from the national team, i.e. Rokon, Opee, Mushfiq Babu, Ehsanul, Faisal, Monju, etc.
Old April 3, 2007, 03:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Because we kicked out all the players from that generation from the national team, i.e. Rokon, Opee, Mushfiq Babu, Ehsanul, Faisal, Monju, etc.
I am afraid we are doing the same again. Captaincy can be questionable, but we must keep the young players.

I still remember that exciting innings against full powered Zimbabwe. In that game Opee and Biddut made a record opening partnership of 171. Opee scored first ODI century for BD while Biddut scored 68. Now Bd Biddut is almost 31 while Opee is 28. If we could culture these players then it could have been a fine thing for BD cricket.
Old April 3, 2007, 03:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

i think we are asking too much from them.. but.. whats wrong with their fielding?? their body languages are not good also.... they are like too afraid of these teams....
Old April 3, 2007, 03:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
i think we are asking too much from them.. but.. whats wrong with their fielding?? their body languages are not good also.... they are like too afraid of these teams....
When the players are under too much pressure then cannot field well. We often see this thing in ODIs when batsmen are on fire. Even best fielders tend to crack that time.
Old April 3, 2007, 04:30 PM
Test Cricketer

We are not asking to win each and every game.
We are asking them to show the fighting spirit in each and every game.
That is really lacking so far in the last two games.
There body languages say that they are in picnic of Super8!
They are more than happy what they have done!
They dont have any apetite or hunger inside! That's suck!
Old April 3, 2007, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I said this another thread, i will copy and paste it here.
.................................................. ....................
I am just getting fed up with excuses shown by BD media/fans/coach/captain EVERYONE. It's high time we take the responsibility and blame it on ourselves and try to improve, youth and inexperience can be a disadvantage but I think the team management needs to stop highlighting ALL THE TIME. Yes we are young but who cares? YOU CHOSE THEM, They are in the team because they can play good cricket aren't they? OR did you just put them in because you didn't want to take the blame on yourself? They are there (or should be there) because they are the best 11.

I can't believe BD went to the WORLD CUP the GREATEST TOURNAMENT for cricket that comes once in 4 years not trying to prove their cricketing abilities but trying to "prove we are a young-talented-inexperienced-exciting-promising" team that plays crappy cricket most of the times and just win once in a year against big teams. ENOUGH OF THIS AGE CRAP PLEASE.

ps: Team management includes the coach as well
Old April 4, 2007, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
.................................................. ....................
I am just getting fed up with excuses shown by BD media/fans/coach/captain EVERYONE. It's high time we take the responsibility and blame it on ourselves and try to improve, youth and inexperience can be a disadvantage but I think the team management needs to stop highlighting ALL THE TIME. Yes we are young but who cares? YOU CHOSE THEM, They are in the team because they can play good cricket aren't they? OR did you just put them in because you didn't want to take the blame on yourself? They are there (or should be there) because they are the best 11.

I can't believe BD went to the WORLD CUP the GREATEST TOURNAMENT for cricket that comes once in 4 years not trying to prove their cricketing abilities but trying to "prove we are a young-talented-inexperienced-exciting-promising" team that plays crappy cricket most of the times and just win once in a year against big teams. ENOUGH OF THIS AGE CRAP PLEASE.

ps: Team management includes the coach as well
But still younger age sucks. Isn't it?
Old April 4, 2007, 03:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Only thing we need to do is that not to replace these new bunch of players again with some upcoming newbies before theses guys become enough matured to provide good service for the team in future, otherwise things will stay cyclic on its worse.
Old April 4, 2007, 03:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

No we are not asking too much from this team. What we are saying them to do is keep things simple. Do the basics right. And then the question of winning and losing comes. Ashraful becomes out in trying to play cheeky shot when its a common fact that he has the talent and the technique to play normal cricket shots and score runs. Other batsmen also try being cheeky to get a SINGLE at the most. WHY? Have you ever seen Paul Colligwood bat? Not an immensly talented batsman. Doesnt have all the shots in the book of a batsmen. But plays to his limitations and oh my plays INDEED very well. Pietersen have been doing the basics right so often and now he is so confident that he can go for outrageous shots. Let us do the basics right. Whether you are 17 or 37 the basics will remain.
Old April 4, 2007, 04:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin
No we are not asking too much from this team. What we are saying them to do is keep things simple. Do the basics right. And then the question of winning and losing comes. Ashraful becomes out in trying to play cheeky shot when its a common fact that he has the talent and the technique to play normal cricket shots and score runs. Other batsmen also try being cheeky to get a SINGLE at the most. WHY? Have you ever seen Paul Colligwood bat? Not an immensly talented batsman. Doesnt have all the shots in the book of a batsmen. But plays to his limitations and oh my plays INDEED very well. Pietersen have been doing the basics right so often and now he is so confident that he can go for outrageous shots. Let us do the basics right. Whether you are 17 or 37 the basics will remain.
Whether you are 17 or 37 basic remains the same, but not the blood. When you are 17 your blood tends to be more hot while at 30 it not that hot. With age mental maturity comes and the player understands the playing condition well. So age is important. That's why we see Australia doesn't gamble these days by putting too young players on the track.
Old April 4, 2007, 04:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Mate, does tamim look 21 to u? He looks 16 to me........he's just growing his moustache for crying out loud!!!
Old April 4, 2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i think we need some experienced batsman in our side. we shouldnt discard rokon/opee so quickly. they still have lots to offer. dont forget, form temporary but class permanent. I think alok might come back becz of his super form. our problem is we always look for under 19, so if we select everytime from under 19, when our player will be mature/
Old April 4, 2007, 10:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
i think we need some experienced batsman in our side. we shouldnt discard rokon/opee so quickly. they still have lots to offer. dont forget, form temporary but class permanent. I think alok might come back becz of his super form. our problem is we always look for under 19, so if we select everytime from under 19, when our player will be mature/
Totally agreed.
Old April 4, 2007, 03:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

Quote:
Whether you are 17 or 37 basic remains the same, but not the blood. When you are 17 your blood tends to be more hot while at 30 it not that hot. With age mental maturity comes and the player understands the playing condition well. So age is important. That's why we see Australia doesn't gamble these days by putting too young players on the track.
Yeh. Agree and Disagree too. Look at Afrida/Sehwag. Very experienced and not very young. Heck Sehwags bald. Every commentator keeps telling Sehwag should do the basics right. Why the rush of blood at this age? Thats what I want them to do from 17... because once they keep doing the basics right then by 37 they will be world class. Yeh there can be rush of blood. But look at Aftab. He gives the fans a rush of blood.

I wouldnt like to make any comments about Australia. They are just way way way ahead of all the teams. If a batsman like Hussey finds it hard to come into the team, this team should be really good.

A young team can do wonders. Just do the basics right !
Old April 4, 2007, 03:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Mate, does tamim look 21 to u? He looks 16 to me........he's just growing his moustache for crying out loud!!!
Growing mustache !!! Tamim already got his beard (can't find the picture that shows him with that at this point). And, yeah, he looks 21 to me.
Old April 4, 2007, 05:30 PM
Club Cricketer

Thumbs up No need for over critical or too happy for loss / win

Quote:
Quote:

I think we all lost track of the master plan of BCB or at least thats what I think. From the point we got our test status the goal was to build the BD cricket side in a way that in the long run we will have
  • a continuous pool of players to feed the national team so build a local system, leagues, development program and so on
  • invest money and time on young players who will be present for long time to give return, on this principle keeping older players will be loss as they will retire by the time they were to yield result. Also they are too stubborn to be molded and controlled.
I guess things started too fast for us.
  • BD Brigade did big upsets in short time giving us too much hope too early and we lost track of the above plan
  • they showed considerable potential equivalent to their aged counterparts of other countries
  • still lags mental strength and foresight due to age and experience
We as a nation and fans get too happy too easily for every win and get dam upset dam fast for every loss. Rather we should be calm and critical for every win for the areas of improvement and the same for every loss.

Mathay tolaro dorkar nai achhar mararo dorkar nai....
Siratul mustakin... shorol pothay rakhtay hobay....

Old April 5, 2007, 06:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Only thing we need to do is that not to replace these new bunch of players again with some upcoming newbies before theses guys become enough matured to provide good service for the team in future, otherwise things will stay cyclic on its worse.
Spot on! That's where our future lies and don't forget by that time most of the giant team will collapse as they fall in to the age group we need to be patient here and hope that we find a good coach if Dav takes over India..