facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 31, 2005, 04:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Default External: Rafique set to get highest payment

All-rounder Mohammad Rafique is set to become the highest-paid player of the forthcoming Premier Division Cricket League in which he will play for the newcomers Sonargaon Cricketers.

Wasiq Rafiq, the president of Sonargaon Cricketers, on Monday told New Age that they were going to pay him Tk 7 lakh in cash besides some other benefits before signing him from the title contenders Mohammedan Sporting Club.

Middle-order batsman Mohammad Ashraful appears to be very close to Rafique as he gets Tk 6.5 lakh from Bangladesh Biman besides a free Dhaka-New York-Dhaka return ticket. Asharful accepted the offer from Biman after his talks with the reigning champions Old DOHS broke down.
According to the sources, Ashraful had demanded Tk 10 lakh from DOHS, who were crowned champions last season in their very first appearance in the top flight. But the club refused to give him not more than Tk 6 lakh, the amount they are paying to two senior cricketers, Akram Khan and Khaled Mahmud.
The credibility of Rafique being the richest player of the premier league increased further when a top official of Mohammedans, another big spending club, said they are also not paying any players more than Tk 6 lakh.

NewAgeBD

Old October 31, 2005, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

good stuff. good to see they're earning a lot.

off-topic: newagebd'r reportguli eto poor keno?
Old October 31, 2005, 05:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Taka poisa te nake lekhar quality te?
Old October 31, 2005, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:

gorib dhesher sobkichui gorib, rich holei sondeh lage.
Old November 1, 2005, 04:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
Quote:

gorib dhesher sobkichui gorib, rich holei sondeh lage.
sounds fishy ...

Anyway 6 luck taka for Ashraful can be justified but Khaled Mahmud does not even deserve 3 luck taka. He can neither ball nor bat.

We all know that Bulbul is involved with South Sydney Cricket Club and they participate in 4th grade cricket as well. Khaled Mahmud will struggle against 3rd grade cricketers with the bat and the ball in Sydney. I am not sure about the quality of 4th grade. I have seen 140 km/h quicks in 3rd grade but very soon that guy will be promoted to 2nd grade. Most of the tall guys in Australian grade cricket are well built and they can generate 135 km/h from a smooth run up and most of them arent really quick like but they are about Mashrafe's pace with ease. It's hard to get bowlers over 140 km/h.

Tait reaches 150 km/h sometimes. Lewis would be 145 km/h and we all know about Lee. Because tall bowlers can generate pace and bouncy in the bouncy and pacy wickets in Australia 135 km/h does the job.

Edited on, November 1, 2005, 9:41 AM GMT, by amim.
Old November 1, 2005, 08:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by amim
Anyway 6 luck taka for Ashraful can be justified but Khaled Mahmud does not even deserve 3 luck taka. He can neither ball nor bat.
Actually if you only compare the performance of domestic league of our national and ex-national players, ChaCha's performance deserve every bit of 3 lakhs if the upper threshold is 7 lakhs. The local teams are paying these players to perform in the domestic league only, not against Aus or England.

I don't have the statistics, but I am pretty sure last season ChaCha's domestic performance was much better than Ash, Alok, Rajin, Aftab, Nafis or even Bashar. Plus he is a capable leader for the team he is representing. Also he is pretty effective bowler for his his team in domestic league.

So based on his history in domestic league performance, he deserve more than that for next season.

Edited on, November 1, 2005, 2:10 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old November 1, 2005, 09:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Quote:
Originally posted by amim
Actually if you only compare the performance of domestic league of our national and ex-national players, ChaCha's performance deserve every bit of 3 lakhs if the upper threshold is 7 lakhs. The local teams are paying these players to perform in the domestic league only, not against Aus or England.

I don't have the statistics, but I am pretty sure last season ChaCha's domestic performance was much better than Ash, Alok, Rajin, Aftab, Nafis or even Bashar. Plus he is a capable leader for the team he is representing. Also he is pretty effective bowler for his his team in domestic league.

So based on his history in domestic league performance, he deserve more than that for next season. [/i]
Very true. Khaled Mahmud played very well in the local league last year and most likely he will do the same.

Mr amim i don't understand why you all the time bring some aus story? I know they are a very good sporting nation but what's the relevence here?

Edited on, November 1, 2005, 2:17 PM GMT, by istiak.
Old November 2, 2005, 10:00 AM
Test Cricketer

chacha haters der censored kono kaj nai. shujuk paileai hoilo. taka je diba sheita tar bepar.
Old November 2, 2005, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Yeah really.. whats up with 4th grade bowlers and Khaled Mahmud? Did he ever claim to be a fast bowler?

He is one of the top performers last leage. To date, he is a great inspirer. He lead our first major world cup win and still plays pretty good. Do you just go by some pre-existing mindset or make a judgement by stats? You have to remember,, CCDM will rather take performers than stars who shines every 11 innnings..
Old November 2, 2005, 04:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Chacha is one of the most talked and over rated players CB ever had.He does not like to disappear from the radar either.So he keeps making news and thus gettting our views over and over again.
He does have some connections which still keeps him under the contract.
All we know he is a good fighter,motivator and very hardly heard a good performer too.Still he is waiting to play one more game ..One more game he has to play before retiring ...

Very fortunate guy.

Edited on, November 2, 2005, 9:42 PM GMT, by CricTiger.
Old November 3, 2005, 12:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Rafique >>>>> Money>>>>>> Chacha.
Is it sickness?
Any subject, there you go! chacha, chacha, chacha.
Old November 6, 2005, 07:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

[quote]Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

u call this a lot? man rafique earns my 3 months sallary(3000euro/month).

i am sure any regular county player earns as much as me.

that means that i can mange a team with best players in dhaka leage with my 1 yr sallary.

nannu (the watcher)
Old November 6, 2005, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

why chacha had to play a game to retire? many great cricketers retire when they find they are blocking places for youngsters. chacha is not a great cricketer and there are young upcoming players.

i dont understand the meaning "performer". if he performs against biman or abahoni in local league it doesnt matter. a player is defined by his performance against class opposition in international stage. chacha can play local as much as he like but he should retire from international stage... and the team doesnt have to select him anymore for that retirement.
Old November 6, 2005, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by nannu
Quote:

that means that i can mange a team with best players in dhaka leage with my 1 yr sallary.

nannu (the watcher)
a lot in bangladeshi standards, and from the fact that even a couple of years ago, our cricketers had to work (outside the stadium) to earn a living.

nowadays, not only are they making lots from the domestic leagues, but also from match fees, contracts and what not.

you can't really compare your salary with the bangladeshi scale; they are two very different scenarios.

Edited on, November 6, 2005, 6:15 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old November 7, 2005, 09:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
why chacha had to play a game to retire? many great cricketers retire when they find they are blocking places for youngsters. chacha is not a great cricketer and there are young upcoming players.
Whats wrong wid chacha....he is the only "veteran" we have who has some international fame....
may b he is not as successful as sachin but in some aspects chacha is even better than him.......whenever he performs BD goes to win the game......or atleast most of the times.

And in local league Ash has much more to prove to b even compared wid chacha....
CHACHA is a LEGEND 4 me now ...even though when he was young I neva liked him........
Old November 7, 2005, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

[quote\]

may b he is not as successful as sachin but in some aspects chacha is even better than him.......whenever he performs BD goes to win the game......or atleast most of the times.
[/quote]

LOL... don't you think you are going a little overboard?
Old November 8, 2005, 01:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Though the Soanrgaon officials refused to disclose the amount they are going to pay Ashraful, sources close to the player confirmed that he is set to get Tk 9 lakh for the most dramatic signing so far this season.
Ash to get 9 lakh
Old November 11, 2005, 05:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Sumon is also asking for 8-9 lakh and it looks Abahoni is happy to give it if Mohammedan failed.

Look what Chacha did yesterday!!! 37 n.o. in 25 balls and ensure his teams win in corporate league.
Old November 11, 2005, 12:11 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Quote:
Originally posted by nannu

nannu (the watcher)
Dude... its really nice to know that you earn a lot. But that was uncalled for how you undermine the pay that Rafique will get.
Old November 14, 2005, 03:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Star batsman Ashraful said he was ready to take the challenge if he was asked to lead the team.
"When I was a spectator, big teams like Abahani and Moha-mmedan drew huge crowds. The situation is not the same now. There is little difference between big and small teams. That's why I chose to play for a team which I will call new, but not small," Ashraful told reporters while explaining the reasons behind his joining Sonargaon.
--DailyStar

Who is he fooling?
Old November 14, 2005, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

yeah, right ash, we all know it's the money (which is fine)

seriously, 9 lakhs is a crap load of money...i don't think any bd player ever earned so much from a single season of domestic cricket...the highest earning by an individual player before this season was probably aminul islam's 6 lakhs a couple of years ago...