facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 18, 2009, 02:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default Calm down and Take a deep breath: Players nearly went on protest

Players was about to go on protest on back of what Lipu said yesterday. I just hope the board,the players and the management dont make rush decission and ruin the whole thing. Some of us calling head for different people but I think we are over reacting. So please calm down every body.

Quote:
Ashraful hits back

Unrest at Tigers camp

Mohammad Ashraful came out fighting as he hit back at the board officials who on Wednesday heavily criticised the Tigers skipper by saying that there is no reason to keep him at the helm.
"When the general people and media expressed their anger it's acceptable but it's not right when board officials speak like that publicly from a responsible position," was Ashraful's curt response to BCB director Gazi Ashraf Hossain and Jalal Yunus' comments.
"If I am not to be retained as the captain then the board should have let me know before anyone else. And it's really painful to get to know this through newspapers in the morning," he said expressing his disappointment.
While Ashraful fumed, other members of the national team now training for the West Indies tour at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur looked upset at the board official's outburst in which they lambasted the players, the coaching staff, the selectors and the team management.
Although no other player wanted to make any comments, it was learnt that initially there was talk about refraining from practice in protest of the comments. Besides, the players were even contemplating not to continue practice on its resumption on Saturday unless board officials and former national skipper Gazi Ashraf Hossain apologized for his scathing remarks.
The players however later changed their stance.
Gazi Ashraf on Wednesday said that Ashraful should be sent to 'rehabilitation program' while referring to his inexplicable shot against Ireland in the ICC World 20Twenty in England in a match that Bangladesh lost by six wickets.
But Ashraful himself confessed to be satisfied with the team's performance under his leadership.
"One can't give judgment considering the performance. I think the team has been shaping up well under my captaincy and we played good cricket in the last twelve months. Nobody raised any questions before the match against Ireland.
"I have done a lot for my country and want to do more," he stated.
"If I am dropped from the team I will comeback with the performance. I am not such a bad player that I can't make my comeback. I can easily play international cricket for another eight to ten years if I am fit," he observed.
Though the players were angry at the comments they still took part in a full practice session under the guidance of Khaled Mahmud.
"They were really angry with the comments in the newspapers and took some decision at the heat of the moment. But later they could realise their position and thought that it would be rather better to talk with the board officials to convey their sentiment," said an insider on condition of anonymity.
Three selectors Rafiqul Alam, Akram Khan and Naimur Rahman were present during the eventful practice day along with team operations manager Shafiqul Haque Hira.
The players changed their stance as they learnt that the board would take stern action if the players breached the code of conduct
BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus was however not ready to make any comments on the issue.
Most of the BCB high-ups including president, senior vice-president and cricket operations chairman are now abroad and that's why the players may meet with vice-president Ahmed Sajjadul Alam on Saturday.
Daily Star

T20 is not where we should judge how good or bad we have become in past 6 or 7 months.

Old June 18, 2009, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Agreed one T20 match should not be an indication of how well or bad we are doing.
Old June 18, 2009, 02:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Ha Ha Ha... The Vilage Idiot is now fighting back.... but he is forgetting his boundary.

Whether I like it or not, Lipu and Jalal is not going anywhere ....that means finally this VI would be blacklisted for wrong reason i.e. fighting against his current boss who again and again gave him free lunch for so long. this time there will be no protest march for this VI as his fan base is also demoralized by his own (lack of) action.

The only sad part is this VI would involve drag other young players in his own mess and some of their career would also be ruined short term wise.
Old June 18, 2009, 02:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

They all deserve each other. I thought that "rehab" comment was incredibly childish and out of order for such a responsible position. No doubt Ashraful has no regards for the term " responsibility" but, in this case, its equally irresponsible. Sadly, the loser, yet again is BD cricket.
Old June 18, 2009, 03:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

VI is the number 1 batsman in the world, number one in throwing his wicket away that is. Number 2 wicket thrower is also from BD, his name is Tamim Iqbal. And the way Shakib thew his wicket away by playing the slog sweep in the T20 WC, he might as well be number 3. The players need to start working on their mistakes soon, otherwise West Indies will hammer BD this summer.

I actually agreed with what Lipu said, even though I don't agree with the way he said it to the media. I would've said it privately to Ashraful. The players have got to stop throwing their wickets away, not just in T20, but in ODI's and Tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Ha Ha Ha... The Vilage Idiot is now fighting back.... but he is forgetting his boundary.

Whether I like it or not, Lipu and Jalal is not going anywhere ....that means finally this VI would be blacklisted for wrong reason i.e. fighting against his current boss who again and again gave him free lunch for so long. this time there will be no protest march for this VI as his fan base is also demoralized by his own (lack of) action.

The only sad part is this VI would involve drag other young players in his own mess and some of their career would also be ruined short term wise.
Old June 18, 2009, 03:08 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ash is fire

Go Ashraful Go!
Old June 18, 2009, 03:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

I really feel sorry for this poor guy.
Old June 18, 2009, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Eto shongrami monobhaab keno shobar? Batsmen: Watch ball, hit/let go of ball. Bowlers: Watch batsman, hit batsman. Fielders: Watch ball, catch ball. Selectors: Watch players, pick/drop players. Board officials: Watch selectors, pick/drop selectors.

It's a simple and beautiful game. Why so much hatred? Make runs, not war.
Old June 18, 2009, 03:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Have you guys done 'Pingo me babay'? What is this?
Old June 18, 2009, 03:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I say start from the top. Irresponsibility became a tradition in Bangladesh. No wonder this village idiot has learnt from his bosses. Lipu and co. has been showing irresponsibility and lacking accountability from the start. The players just followed their footsteps. I would like to see more chaos around the issue so that every stakeholder has to be accoutable.
Old June 18, 2009, 03:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Is there a riot between the playas and BCB?
Is ti about who ate how much curry?
Update den bhais.,.!
Or Pingo me bababy!
Old June 18, 2009, 03:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I say start from the top. Irresponsibility became a tradition in Bangladesh. No wonder this village idiot has learnt from his bosses. Lipu and co. has been showing irresponsibility and lacking accountability from the start. The players just followed their footsteps. I would like to see more chaos around the issue so that every stakeholder has to be accoutable.
From the begining (since 1997) that i have seen bd cricket they have always been irresponsible and inconsistent. Its not just the players because so many players have come and gone but our irresponsible style has not changed.
This will continue and more and more players will come and go and i dont see any hope for BD cricket. With this childish culture we will never see a balanced team of experience & youth, defense & offence, talent & reliability and ultimately Wins VS Losses.
Old June 18, 2009, 04:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I can't help but laugh

Ashraful is a Bauce
Old June 18, 2009, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Make runs, not war.
I signed in to digg this up

"Ashraful hits back" - only if this was against a cricket playing team.

too much talk, little action. Carry a big stick with a smile... ki jaani ekta kotha bolchilona Obama - dhur bhuila gelam.
Old June 18, 2009, 04:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I say as a rule we drop Ash for a year as soon as he hits his 'Eid' innings.

There is plenty of blame to go around but its important that some heads roll as a mark of accountability. It really needs to start with the captain and coach.

If it continues it needs to be the selectors and if still nothing, Lipu should resign.
Old June 18, 2009, 04:18 PM
Cricket Savant

I guess Ashraful took Asif vai's comment to the heart:

Maar Ashrafullia Maar!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 18, 2009, 04:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

i dont see why the team is so upset...Ash fine because he got criticised personally; the team lost to Ireland and thus deserves some criticism but no one else was singled out... Ash has been failing as a batsman for too long - no team keeps a player on the team just as a captain with no other purposes
Old June 18, 2009, 04:20 PM
Club Cricketer

Please Don't be ....We as a Bengali...very forgiveful...which is good...but some times we need to step back and become BOLD & TOUGH...If Lipu Said this Kid need Rehab...I cometely agree with him, You go to Rehab with coronic dieseas, and ASH has it ...so Sending him to Rehab won't be bad idea...and he needs his f*&^K *** kicked ...being a Captain ...IT's SHAME ...he still haven't resigned yet...what a JACKASS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
I really feel sorry for this poor guy.
Old June 18, 2009, 04:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

sounds like everyone is crazy, BCB should have let ashraful, teh team and the coach and management before announcing it to the media. i hope the players were going to protest over the lack of communication rather than the actual comments the BCB made about changes because if things aren't working the BCB should be allowed to make changes and yes that includes team selections and things like captaincy. also if ashraful thinks no one was question his captaincy before the ireland match then he's gone completely barmy, or maybe he was always like that.
Old June 18, 2009, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

with this performance they can do this type of protest, I am thinking what would be their protest if they had performed a little better ... now I really don't The VI in the team ... he will teach others how to stay in the team without performing ..

Ei gadhata still knows they are doing all right ... hai allah!
Old June 18, 2009, 04:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i guess one good thing is the players are now listening to the BCB, they didn't want to suffer the consequences if they broke the code of conduct, hopefully the BCB don't take advantage. in regards to ashraful and him saying he's good enough to play international cricket for 8-10 years, well he's certainly not good enough atm, does this guy just forget all the bad matches and jsut remember the good ones? he's not a good player at the international level, might have the potential but that doesn't mean he's good enough atm or will be in the future, he should compare himself to other international batsmen and realise he's doing quite a bad job.
Old June 18, 2009, 04:32 PM
Cricket Sage

VI trying to play village politics in metropolitan city. He is no match against city politics.

He should have absorb the hit and compromise his already compromised pride and try to survive through back door i.e. begging to Lipu to keep him.

Instead he underestimated his oppponent's power and will end up being crushed like a flog from small pond crushed by a SUV in highway.
Old June 18, 2009, 04:43 PM
Banned

may be icl players, they r injoying the drama of betwen bord and ash. they're luck getting open day by day....what a mess our cricket.....
Old June 18, 2009, 04:53 PM
Banned

ash should be quiet...but also i thik tamim and saqib gultiy too. for this poor performence. so bord should look every way. other wise it will be misjudge to ashraful. this is true, for him we are gaint killer to the world cricket. so not too much emotion, i dont except from the board.
Old June 18, 2009, 04:56 PM
Club Cricketer

What Ash is doing is this:
''Pothe haagbay abar chokh ranaga bay"