facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 26, 2009, 04:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene
Default How good can BD team get?

We are always saying that we need more time to improve. So if we do improve to our peak will our team be world class?

How much do you think Ash, Shakib and Mash (or any other player of your choice) will improve as they grow older? You can even suggest numbers like Shakib will avg 40 in test later in his career or from now on. Wud suck if Ash is still avg 24 at the end of his career but there seems to be not much sign of improvement!!

Old February 26, 2009, 03:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniksh1
We are always saying that we need more time to improve. So if we do improve to our peak will our team be world class?

How much do you think Ash, Shakib and Mash (or any other player of your choice) will improve as they grow older? You can even suggest numbers like Shakib will avg 40 in test later in his career or from now on. Wud suck if Ash is still avg 24 at the end of his career but there seems to be not much sign of improvement!!
what kind of question is that? there is no limit. the question should be "when" not "how".
Old February 26, 2009, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
what kind of question is that? there is no limit. the question should be "when" not "how".
right on brother
Old February 26, 2009, 04:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

From a squad just 4 years ago, only Ash and Mash remains. Which tells us, most the current crop will not last through the next two years.

If we get really good, it would be a result of better academies and more talented individuals coming through the next 5-7 years or so.

I dont think you will recognize many faces from a world class BD team in the next 10 years from today. Although my hunch says Mash and Shakib might be nearing the end of their careers by then.

So your answer is, wait 10 years. Its not here yet and it wont be my current boys. Although, that does NOT mean this team wont give us good memories. In fact, strong wins from this team will inspire the better teams in the future.

Its a good question though, thanks 4 asking.
Old February 26, 2009, 05:01 PM
Cricket Savant

lol fadafadi sig, CCBd

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 26, 2009, 05:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

To answer the second part of ur question, we have to define how to get world class?

If we read the biographies of Shakib and Mash, you see that they were given opportunities EARLY in their careers. By the time, Shakib and Mash came to the squad, they have atleast 3000 hours of formal cricket practice between them. and atleast 150 competitive level cricket at home and abroad. that BEFORE the age of 19. Thats tell us anyone who picked up cricket late in their years or were not given many chances is at a serious disadvantage...which is about half the team right now. You just cannot count on that sort of experience.

Even oldies like Rafique hit their stride late in their careers after he had so much exposure to the game under so many conditions, he was truly a world class spinner.If that is true, Ashraful will need to play another 10 years or so, to gain that level of consistency or that level of confidence. Its a long hard process, and keeping ur place at the team does not come without a price.

So, the players that are going to be successful in to ten years are now 12 years olds that just got admitted to the state level cricket academies . When they will be 16, they will start to play the international tournaments, so by 22, they are really ready.

Thats how the Aussies and the Indians did it for many years, and they have warriors stepping up every time their big boys take a fall. We dont have replacements because we dont have experienced youngsters in the pipelines. Siddons is teaching fundamentals to our senior squad as we speak. So it will take plenty of time and involve a lot of personnel all over Bangladesh. N of course, bribes, nepotism and corrupt practices from the administrators of the game will have to make room for any young talent to develop properly.
Old February 26, 2009, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

nicely said CCBD bhai
Old February 26, 2009, 11:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
Yes I think there is a limit and I will mention it (him) in my next post!! See if you agree with me!!
Old February 27, 2009, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

If we want to know how good Bangladeshi players can get we need to compare them with the best player from a similar background till date. I feel that player is none other than Sourav Ganguly (Avg 42 Test, 41 ODIs). If we look at the best BD player of Ganguly's generation the player we see is Habibul Bashar (Avg 34 Test at peak, 21 ODIs) who is way off having played most of his games against Zim. Players from this generation seem to be doing better for BD.

Now the question is can we produce a better player than Ganguly??!! We might produce someone better or close enough but one Ganguly won't be enuff for a team!!
Old February 27, 2009, 12:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
If we want to know how good Bangladeshi players can get we need to compare them with the best player from a similar background till date. I feel that player is none other than Sourav Ganguly (Avg 42 Test, 41 ODIs). If we look at the best BD player of Ganguly's generation the player we see is Habibul Bashar (Avg 34 Test at peak, 21 ODIs) who is way off having played most of his games against Zim. Players from this generation seem to be doing better for BD.

Now the question is can we produce a better player than Ganguly??!! We might produce someone better or close enough but one Ganguly won't be enuff for a team!!
You cant compare them as their development was different. India has a much better domestic completion which prepares them better than anything we can provide. Having competent teammates also helps.
Old February 27, 2009, 12:42 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Best team in the World soonnnnnnnnnnnnn.inshallah
Old February 27, 2009, 12:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Yes I think there is a limit and I will mention it (him) in my next post!! See if you agree with me!!
I still agree with rashed-da here. How can a team have limits? As my mentor Conan-da says "No matter how good you are you can always improve." Heck even Don Bradman could improve his average to a perfect 100.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 27, 2009, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

there's always room for improvement... there's no limit 2 tht.. or else.. once a country reaches their peak.. they wudnt need 2 have coaches around 2 teach them more new stuff n still work with them...