facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 4, 2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
....Everybody scares 'Muslim world' now, bruhaha..
What do you mean?

Old October 4, 2012, 04:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
Only in Bangladesh .....
And Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Nigeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Sudan...etc etc
Old October 4, 2012, 04:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
What do you mean?
I mean minorities now have every reson to be scared of. So RUN for your safety. Leave those lands to the new lords.

(sorry for being bit sarcastic here)
Old October 4, 2012, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I mean minorities now have every reson to be scared of. So RUN for your safety. Leave those lands to the new lords.

(sorry for being bit sarcastic here)
That is what been happening [in some cases] also in other southern part of Bangladesh, in Barishal, Bhola, Noakhali etc. If their mother land cant provide 'safety of life' then where on earth? Sarcasm point has been acknowledged.
Old October 4, 2012, 04:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Whatever is lost there in fire & gun powder blast, it worth less value now. Minorities in chittagong to cox-bazar zone who were superior once 300-400yrs ago now need to realise the reality of Muslim stronghold & violent nature of aggresion. In just few hours of one night 19! temples getting looted, burned & destroyed one after another by thousands of angry Muslims supported by locals & influencing parties; I cant help anything advicing for Minorities but to move away to some place where at you can save atleast one temple by yourself.
Old October 4, 2012, 08:50 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Bangladesh High commission has been attacked in SL according to banglanews24.com.
Old October 4, 2012, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Bangladesh High commission has been attacked in SL according to banglanews24.com.
If this is true than it is the same sort of behavior we've been condemning our citizens of...it is disgusting and we should protest to the highest office.

Our representatives deserve security and protection, and as guests of the SL govt, they have an obligation to provide it. A legal obligation no less...
Old October 4, 2012, 09:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

There is a campaign in Facebook to make your profile black to show sympathy,support, and condolences for the minorities in our country. We can all join and it can be a symbolic resistance.

Also, there is a blood drive in Dhaka for the similar cause. We should all do what we can. I used to take pride in the fact that Bangladeshi Muslims are tolerant and moderate. But this just disproves that.
Old October 4, 2012, 10:00 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
. I used to take pride in the fact that Bangladeshi Muslims are tolerant and moderate. But this just disproves that.

I think it has more to do with our natural instinct than anything else. We (human) tend to act ferociously when our faith and existence is in peril. We also like to pick on people who are less sturdy.. As a result discrimination against minorities has been going on for ages. Hindus are doing it in India, Buddhists are doing it in Myanmar, China. It's a disease and we Bangladeshi Muslims are no exception.

I thought we could eliminate this disease through education. Attack on BD high commission in Sri Lanka broke my heart not because they attacked our high commission but because they are well read and have good moral values. I know they are better than this..
Old October 4, 2012, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

shame on us...dhet
Old October 4, 2012, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Gut-wrenching.

Don't care what happens around the rest of the world, always thought we as a whole are different but these kind of incidents shake that belief.
Old October 4, 2012, 04:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Not only Jamat/Shibir, but also BNP,BAL were also involved in this. It was a well planed all party attack on Buddist people. Amra manosh na, janoar hoie gechi. Never thought it could happen in Bangladesh, thought we Bangladeshi were deifferent. I am wrong. Lojjai matha amar nicho hoie geche.
Old October 4, 2012, 04:53 PM
Banned

This is completely random and has very little to do with the thread..and I'm not saying for a minute anyone has insinuated anything of the sort...

I just found this hilarious

Old October 4, 2012, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
My BUET classmate Sufi was just promoted and posted as the new High Commissioner there. What a welcome. But knowing him, this will be dealt with dignity and honor.
Old October 4, 2012, 08:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
My only question to these Sri lankans who attcked Bangladesh embassy is why you didn't attact Myanmar embassy when same Burmese Buddhist people slaughtering Muslims there? No I am not supporting what my fellow Bangladeshi did in Ramu. As a Bangladeshi, I am ashamed of this act by other Bangladeshi. Attacking embassy will not solve issues. Sri lankans I know are much better than this.
Old October 7, 2012, 08:24 AM
Test Cricketer

UK Buddhists are called to protest In front of British Parliament on Thursday against arson attacks on Buddhist temples and villagers in Bangladesh.
source
Old October 7, 2012, 04:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^Although no matter how horrific, severe and uotragious the above crimes comitted against Buddhist Monks and people by muslims, there are 6 pictures posted above and actualy almost none of them are from Bangladesh...
a. The bleeding dead victim monk on the street
b. Young buddhist girl holding placard "Stop killing Buddhist monks"
c. top right photograph showing Sinhalese written

and these photographs are taken from the source given in the above post where it clearly stated that thiese photographs are taken from recent violent riots between muslims and buddhists in THAILAND...not in Bangladesh...this is VERY troubling and disturbing to relentlessly further tarnish a society that is multi-cultural and fought a bloody war on this very issue not too long ago, 40 years ago we seperated ourselves from a concept of sadistic oppression in the name of religion, AND WE HAVE PROOF FOR THAT. Yes I am outraged about the recent attacks on Buddhist estalishments by muslims in Cox's Bazaar but I WILL NOT and nobody should just ignore a bunch of lies or twisting of information for someone to promote further hate and why should Bangladesh be blamed for the above pictures...posting it here like that in this thread suggests they are Bangladeshi victims and that could not be further from the truth!! . A post like the one above where there is no mention where these photographs originated from, what so ever has to make one feel, ask what is the intention behind all these?? I read a few other posts somewhere else and this is way too much...this is like a Sam Becile (spell) here and just trying to incite anguish, violence and nothing but trouble!
Old October 7, 2012, 08:29 PM

^^^ Kinda the same way zealous muslims propagate their Rohingya sympathies by posting photos from other countries and other years.

Does it strike anyone how the orchestration of the attacks against the Buddhists in Cox's Bazar stems from a "Quran burning" issue similar to that of the developmentally disabled Christian girl in Pakistan? If anything the inciters in Cox's Bazar should also be arrested and hung by their nuts for inciting hatred and violence based on a rumour!

Facebook is so full of sh!t anyway. And people who post these religious "viral" appeal photos ought to find better ways at mental masturbation from behind a computer screen.
Old October 7, 2012, 11:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Forget 'deshbashi'....when educated mainstream Bangalis at local gathering and parties utter such lists as:

-ora to hindu
-ora to murti puja kore
-thiki hoise...keno amra ki jesus/buddha niye hashahashi kori naki
-ora kan amader pise laglo
-aar oidike je lakh lakh muslim mara jache taar kichu hoy na... (red herring)

What can we do? Well I will tell you what can you do. We should at least put our money where our mouth is and mtfu, instead of an internet tough guy, and challenge them straight. Yes, you will be ostracized as "beyadop" or breaking "cultural taboo" of disrespecting or mukhe muhke kotha bola with gurujon, but at least you will know you are doing the right thing.
Old October 12, 2012, 03:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Rohingya activists have alleged that Myanmar's Buddhist protesters have launched fresh attacks on Muslims in retaliation to last week's attacks by Muslims on Buddhist temples and houses in Bangladesh.

Nurul Islam, a Rohingya activist in Bangladesh, told DW that a number of Myanmar Buddhists took out a protest rally on Sunday against the attacks on Buddhist temples and houses in Bangladesh. He alleged that the protesters attacked a 400-year-old mosque and burnt hundreds of copies of the Muslim holy book, the Koran, and other religious texts.

"In the past few days, many Burmese Buddhists have launched a series of attacks on Muslims," Islam said. "They are posting derogatory texts and pictures about Islam on social networking websites. They seem to be retaliatory attacks.”

"After the violence broke out in Rakhine in June, the Buddhists started using social networking sites to organise attacks on Rohingyas," Aung Kyaw Oo, a member of the Rohingya community, told DW. "Now, after the attacks on Buddhists in Bangladesh, they have taken the anti-Rohingya campaign to a new height."

source: DW
Now, this is what happens over the border after sparking ethnic violance against the Buddhists inside. Both govt seems enjoying this.
Old October 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

As the news events are unfolding on the issue, it doesn't look like a Muslim Hindu issue, rather a pure political Issue created by AL/BNP for some political gain. You can see them accusing each other basing on their own investigation and none is talking about any extremist group's involvement... Like Jamat/JMB etc..

AL, BNP unwilling to unearth truth

Quote:
Criticising the blame game of the two major political parties, a citizens' body yesterday alleged that the government and the opposition are reluctant to unearth the truth behind the attack on the Buddhist community.

“We apprehend that the truth behind the attack at Ramu in Cox's bazar will not come to light, as the activists of two major parties were involved in the incident”, said columnist Syed Abul Moksud, a representative of Nagorik Protinidhi Dal.

At a press conference at Dhaka Reporters Unity in the capital, the members of the organisation also blamed the Rohingyas and Jamaat men for the violence.

After a two-day visit to Ramu of a 15-member team of the body, its coordinator Rubayet Ferdous revealed their findings before the reporters.

Referring to media reports, Ferdous, also a Dhaka University teacher, said the presence of some attackers at the prime minister's rally in Ramu had raised questions about the sincerity of the government in finding out the real culprits.

Last edited by BANFAN; October 12, 2012 at 06:16 PM..
Old October 23, 2012, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

'Durga deity vandalised in Sylhet'

http://bdnews24.com/details.php?id=234935&cid=2

Yet more sectarian style violence in the country...why can't we just live peacefully together?
Old October 24, 2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
'Durga deity vandalised in Sylhet'

http://bdnews24.com/details.php?id=234935&cid=2

Yet more sectarian style violence in the country...why can't we just live peacefully together?
Because, in all honesty, Bangladesh isnt and never was the tolerant harmonious ideal that everyone loves to dream up. Bangladesh is a resource-deficient morass of angry, intellectually impoverished people squished in a sardine can, with a culture of absolute disregard for discipline and dignity in their many forms. There is no hope for the future.