facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 1, 2005, 06:05 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Syed Rasel is better than Mashrafe!

Yesterday Syed Rassel was supposed to get a minimum of 4 wickets rather than 2, if the other 2 catches were not fallen!!
I guess, he is like Mathew Hoggard of England, at this age of 21, he is the only one bowler in Bangladesh who can swing the bawl much creating a visible curve with variation, to left hander batsman he pulls his bawl with out swing and variation, and to a right handed batsman he is more dangerous as the balls come to the batsman as in swinger. Sometimes Pilot is getting confused to pick the ball to his gloves, no matter about his current speed, if he can increase the speed like 5-10 miles more by next 2 years, I am sure he will be like king fast bawler if he can turn his ball to inside of the left handed batsman like his out swinger to the left hander.
For my judgement, Syed Rasel is a pure genuine wicket taker, and better than Mashrafe or any other present bowler!

Old September 1, 2005, 06:11 AM
Street Cricketer

how can u say that after him just playing one match. maybe in the future but u cant make a judgement after one match
Old September 1, 2005, 06:15 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by haza4life
how can u say that after him just playing one match. maybe in the future but u cant make a judgement after one match
His wicket taking figure is 20 in tour to England playing of BD A Team! And, in a match (probably against Kent) he got 7 wickets.
He came from the U19 world cup, where Irphan played for Indian U19 in Bangladesh, and do you think it is very early judgement if someone says Irphan Pathan is a better bawler than Zaheer, Nehra, Agarkar?
Cheers Rasel!
Old September 1, 2005, 07:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

increasing the speed by 5-10 miles............is it that easy.i am sure it is ...........in cricket 2005!!!!!!!!
Old September 1, 2005, 08:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

What a useless and stupid thread this is. Rasel better than Mashrafe....after one match...wow! I am sorry, but honestly people need to get a grip and stop posting such tripe. Sensationalism and hype doesnot belong in Banglacricket. Or should I say "didn't" belong in banglacricket before. Topics and threads like this really make me cringe. Let us be little more considered and thoughtful about we write.

[As myself]
Old September 1, 2005, 08:45 AM
Club Cricketer

sort it out
Old September 1, 2005, 08:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The next comparison would be mash breaks down rusel doesn't. Eventhough he only played one game. I can see it coming.

BTW: Mash is the best we had, we have and will have uptill the World cup. May be we'll have a new tait by then.
Old September 1, 2005, 09:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

thoughtless thought.
Old September 1, 2005, 09:25 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zobair
What a useless and stupid thread this is. Rasel better than Mashrafe....after one match...wow! I am sorry, but honestly people need to get a grip and stop posting such tripe. Sensationalism and hype doesnot belong in Banglacricket. Or should I say "didn't" belong in banglacricket before. Topics and threads like this really make me cringe. Let us be little more considered and thoughtful about we write.

[As myself]
Pls do not make upset deleting the thread, as I believe the viewers of BC surely love this title & topics!
By the way, what is ur prediction of wickets taken in the next two ODI matches if Mashrafe & Russel bowls their 10 overs each?
My judgement: Russel will get at least 1 wicket more than Mashrafe!
He is a imroved bowler, steady & consistent.
He has got his dangerous swing and variation.
He is the danger bawler for a left hander, and more-or-less he is more dangerous to a right hander.
He is wicket taker, and knows where to place the bawl.
He is a genuine left hander after Monjurul Islam Monju.
His agrassion is like a mtured bawler.
So, cheers Syed Russel!
Old September 1, 2005, 09:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Everyone has a right to free speach and give thier own opinion, as long as they keep respectfull to other peoples opions & keep in line with banglacrickets rules and regulations.

There is nothing wrong with this thread, if you dont like done post on it. simple as.

Technically what syed has shown in one match may be a sign into the future of what he can do. only time will tell if he is better then mushrafe or not.
Old September 1, 2005, 09:40 AM
Street Cricketer

Why do we have to compare between Mashrafee and Russel?

Mashrafee has been great for our team - we are ready to embrace more great players into our team if then can perfom. But they have to win our hearts and minds with their performance - and surely Syed Russell seems to be doing just that.

So cheers Russell - but Mashrafee is Mashrafee.
Old September 1, 2005, 09:47 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by silly_point
Why do we have to compare between Mashrafee and Russel?

Mashrafee has been great for our team - we are ready to embrace more great players into our team if then can perfom. But they have to win our hearts and minds with their performance - and surely Syed Russell seems to be doing just that.

So cheers Russell - but Mashrafee is Mashrafee.
If I compare Mashrafe to Sugar, then Russel is 'Goor'!
Cheers Russel!
Mashrafe, Russel, Tapash will be my next fast bawling attack in world cup 07.
Cheers Bangladesh!
Old September 1, 2005, 09:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

omg this thread is pointless, u cannot compare both players after one game, lets compare every player after one odi game shall we?

rasel is a medium pacer and always will be, he cannot increase his speed by 5-10 miles, becuase his action is weird, dodgy, he will need to recitfy that to get speed. but if he does, he may lose his swing.
Old September 1, 2005, 10:07 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Huda
omg this thread is pointless, u cannot compare both players after one game, lets compare every player after one odi game shall we?

rasel is a medium pacer and always will be, he cannot increase his speed by 5-10 miles, becuase his action is weird, dodgy, he will need to recitfy that to get speed. but if he does, he may lose his swing.
Pls do not forget to count his recent decent performances in England! He is far better than Shahdat Hossain, and others who are in queue to place in national team, I am counting his place as better than Mashrafe considering his using left hand, swing, variation, and wicket taking characteristics! Moreover, since he is at his early stage of doing business, one can expect more from him as he is still not fallen in any injury! And, right on track, he can improve a lot, and can deliver you many good smiles in future!
I am not sure how many Bangladeshi Bawlers took 7 wickets against a county team?
At last, better is always there, there is nothing in the dictionary that Mashrafe will be number 1 in future, if it happens Bangladesh Cricket will not go to the direction that you people want, so it will be very good news if Syed Rasel can prove his talen in the future games, and can take the number 1 place, and we can expect some one great who can take the maximum of Bangladeshi Bawling Attack!

Edited on, September 1, 2005, 3:15 PM GMT, by national_zoo.
Old September 1, 2005, 10:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by 6ALLTHEWAY
Everyone has a right to free speach and give thier own opinion, as long as they keep respectfull to other peoples opions & keep in line with banglacrickets rules and regulations.
Agree 100% to your statement. But feel that the comparison is pointless. As a statistician I know that a sample size of 1 does not give you any power for prediction. But if you are a cricket expert, you may predict Rasel's future based on his techniques, etc. Even so, I would hesitate to compare him to anyone.

Once Basit Ali was predicted as the next Javed Miandad of Pakistan. Now we know where Basit Ali is.
Old September 1, 2005, 10:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally posted by national_zoo
Quote:

Pls do not forget to count his recent decent performances in England! He is far better than Shahdat Hossain, and others who are in queue to place in national team, I am counting his place as better than Mashrafe considering his using left hand, swing, variation, and wicket taking characteristics! Moreover, since he is at his early stage of doing business, one can expect more from him as he is still not fallen in any injury! And, right on track, he can improve a lot, and can deliver you many good smiles in future!
I am not sure how many Bangladeshi Bawlers took 7 wickets against a county team?
At last, better is always there, there is nothing in the dictionary that Mashrafe will be number 1 in future, if it happens Bangladesh Cricket will not go to the direction that you people want, so it will be very good news if Syed Rasel can prove his talen in the future games, and can take the number 1 place, and we can expect some one great who can take the maximum of Bangladeshi Bawling Attack!

of course it is good for BD cricket, and he is better than rajib, but remember he played agaisnt weak county teams that fielded their b teams, reserve players, u-19 players etc, so the competetion wasnt against a full strength side.

If he is a geunine swinger of teh ball, then he will struggle in pakistan , bangladesh, india, sri lanka, if the pitch is dry etc.

But it is nice to see a very good talent, let see andy roberts working on his action, which i feel needs working on.
Old September 1, 2005, 10:43 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by national_zoo
Quote:

of course it is good for BD cricket, and he is better than rajib, but remember he played agaisnt weak county teams that fielded their b teams, reserve players, u-19 players etc, so the competetion wasnt against a full strength side.

If he is a geunine swinger of teh ball, then he will struggle in pakistan , bangladesh, india, sri lanka, if the pitch is dry etc.

But it is nice to see a very good talent, let see andy roberts working on his action, which i feel needs working on.
I am not thinking to put counter of ur reply, but I guess u have seen yesterday him, Sanath Jayasuriya missed few of his swing balls, and remembr he will be maximum wicket taking bawler from the 3 ODIs.
He is a very calm, and thinking customer!
Old September 1, 2005, 10:49 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
we can expect some one great who can take the maximum of Bangladeshi Bawling Attack!

Irphan Pathan is a better bawler than Zaheer, Nehra, Agarkar?
Could you please spell it as 'bowling' and bowler.

bawl :

1 : to cry out loudly and unrestrainedly : YELL, BELLOW
2 : to cry loudly : WAIL
transitive senses : to cry out at the top of one's voice

(Merriam-Webster dictionary)
Old September 1, 2005, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I am a big fan of Mashrafee.

But I am pleased with Rasel's performance. Well, if national_zoo thinks he is better than Mashrafee, no offence! But it's too early to make such a comment.

We need a swing bowler with decent pace (80 - 85 mph). How fast is Rasel?
Old September 1, 2005, 11:00 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tintin
Quote:
we can expect some one great who can take the maximum of Bangladeshi Bawling Attack!

Irphan Pathan is a better bawler than Zaheer, Nehra, Agarkar?
Could you please spell it as 'bowling' and bowler.

bawl :

1 : to cry out loudly and unrestrainedly : YELL, BELLOW
2 : to cry loudly : WAIL
transitive senses : to cry out at the top of one's voice

(Merriam-Webster dictionary)
Thanx, moderator! What you can expect good english like a man from me, as I was the student of Bangla, and always worried not to get pass from the English Exam, and luckily the score was there 33 (a pass mark) from 100.
Please excuse me, if my english is not good enough!
Old September 1, 2005, 11:11 AM
Test Cricketer

this thread is stupid dum.
i agree that if rasel can inceases his speed by 5 to 10 ks( which he can do over the years) can be handful or may be more successful than mash. but u cant compare him after 1 match. hold ur thought we dont have the memory of a gellyfish.
Old September 1, 2005, 11:18 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by dash
this thread is stupid dum.
i agree that if rasel can inceases his speed by 5 to 10 ks( which he can do over the years) can be handful or may be more successful than mash. but u cant compare him after 1 match. hold ur thought we dont have the memory of a gellyfish.
Pls read all the posts under this thread, and tell me if I am wrong putting rasel ahead of mashrafe!
Old September 1, 2005, 11:20 AM
Test Cricketer

i remember monjurul islam monju had a good out swinger as well. he started his test career taking 6 wickets against zimbabwe. (not this weak zimbabwe team). not he is not even in the team. rassel can swing the bowl i just hope he doesnt turn out to be like monju though. because i found alot of simalaraties between the two after watching rassel. if he wants to have a long career he needs to increase his pace. and by the way he is no where near masrafee yet. non of our bowlers can match up to masrafee yet. taposh is the second best but he is still far behind masrafee.
Old September 1, 2005, 11:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

[as myself]

free speech?! Do you see me opposing his free speech? If that was the case I would have simply deleted this thread which I can. I just expressed my disappointment at the content of the post. As for not posting...brother not to worry! the day the major of the posts/threads are of this nature will be the day I will stop posting for good. But until then, I will do all I can to encourage people to come up with thoughtful and sensible topics/discussion and discourage "kill him/drop him/hail him/the best ever/the worst ever" threads.

[as moderator]

Speaking of forum rules, I have caught you several times now posting in ALL CAPS. I hope that since you are aware of the forum rules, you will try and avoid that in the future.

Quote:
Originally posted by 6ALLTHEWAY

There is nothing wrong with this thread, if you dont like done post on it. simple as.

Technically what syed has shown in one match may be a sign into the future of what he can do. only time will tell if he is better then mushrafe or not.
Edited on, September 1, 2005, 4:24 PM GMT, by Zobair.
Old September 1, 2005, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Moderators - please change the title of this thread to something like "Comparing Rasel to Mashrafee".

Titles like these would drive away new intelligent vistors who might think that this is a garbage site. We need all the help to get the IQ up for this website.