facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 2, 2006, 10:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Tour Dates set for Kenya Series (Burnout very Likely)

Quote:
The Bangladeshis will arrive in the country on July 18 and will play the first match in Nairobi on July 21. The other two games, which will also be played in the Kenyan capital, will be held on July 23 and 25.
http://www.cricmania.com/cricket/afp....fvtfdltv.html

So Check this out

July 21st: 1st ODI vs Kenya
July 23st: 2nd ODI vs Kenya
July 25th: 3rd ODI vs Kenya
July 29th: 1st ODI vs Zimbabwe
July 30th: 2nd ODI vs Zimbabwe
August 2nd: 3rd ODI vs Zimbabwe
August 4th: 4th ODI vs Zimbabwe
August 5th: 5th ODI vs Zimbabwe

So in a period of 15 days Bangladesh will play 8 ODI's with appoxomitly 3 Travel Days!

Old June 2, 2006, 11:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Today's Inqilab said miscommunication between ZC, CK, and BCCB continues. BCCB still don't know for sure what will be schedules for Zim and Ken tours.

Anyway, according to Rafiqul Islam Babu, BCCB joint secretary, BCCB wants to send BD team to Kenya on the 16th of July.
Old June 3, 2006, 05:21 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

As far as I know, BCB is not yet satisfaied with the tour itinerary and trying make it more comfortable for Bangladesh team. BCB wants to finish Kenya tour within 21st July.
Old June 3, 2006, 07:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

our players will be too tired. they need atleast a week off between 2 serieses
Old June 3, 2006, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Which one is the correct schedule then? BCB should be more sincere about cricket, Mr Lobi is busy with politics and he played the politics in the cricket board as well. Bunch of idiots.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old June 3, 2006, 11:47 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Zimbabwe will take full advantage of this, I hope the boys can hold up.
Old June 3, 2006, 12:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

There certainly should have been break between the series and between the games. Both countries are not playing any matches before or after that.. so they should certianly should have given more rest days in between..
Old June 3, 2006, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh set for punishing safari
Cricinfo staff
June 3, 2006

The dates for Bangladesh's tour of Kenya and Zimbabwe have now been agreed, and the schedule is a punishing one for the Bangladeshis, with eight ODIs in 18 days.

They arrive in Nairobi on July 15 and play three ODIs between July 19 and 23. The matches were brought forward by two days as the Kenyans had been scheduled to leave for Canada, where they play an Intercontinental Cup tie at the end of the month, on the evening of July 25.

From Nairobi the Bangladesh side head south to Zimbabwe on July 26, where they have five ODIs in eight days at venues yet to be confirmed. It is understood that negotiations are ongoing between the two boards over the exact schedule.

Cricinfo has learned that the Zimbabweans had tried to postpone the tour until September as many of their first-choice players are out of the country, most playing club cricket in the UK. But Bangladesh, who have kept all their first-team squad on stand-by, made clear that this was not an option under the terms of the Future Tours Program.

The back-to-back itinerary is probably in part due to the need for the Zimbabwe players to be in and out as quickly as possible to enable them to honour their club commitments.

The full Bangladesh tour to Zimbabwe will be preceded by a five-week visit by their A-team.
Old June 3, 2006, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

i m just glad to see the bangladesh team playing cricket and since I am in dhaka now hopefully can enjoy some live action on TV. Hopefully the BD team wont pull any typical antics by losing and making it a terrible experience for me.

I hope the selectors try out some new young players in these two tours. Perfect opportunity to give some young players exposure to international cricket and if they perform they will put pressure on our ever fragile top order batsmen.

Good luck to the team.
Old June 3, 2006, 04:00 PM
Cricket Legend

It's indeed too much cricket within short span of time (though good for fan). I just hope we don't pick up any injury for any of our key players just ahead of the crucial ICC trophy - where we have a lot to prove again.
Old June 3, 2006, 06:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

quit whining...you want more cricket don't you?

8 ODIs in 18 days...if this makes our players tired, then they need to back away from cricket and take office jobs instead.

remember when the aussies visited us...they had 10 times the opposition with a lot more matches and about as much rest time. they played tri series at home, went to SA, then came to dhaka.

to be honest, this 8 match-18 day gig is not too far off from the 7 ODI stint pakistan will have in England. just think of it as a 8 ODI series (which for all practical purposes it is).

plus its not their fault, the ZIM players have club contracts in UK and they need to field their strongest team, both for their benefit and ours.

the only legit concern, is will mashrafee and others hold up. if not...then we have plenty of pace power to give him a few matches rest...in fact i say play mash the first 2 games kenya series, sit him out on the last...then sit him out first ODI against ZIM, and play him the last 4.

that will give reza and tapash enough chances. and of course, russel and rajib will run through the africans' lineup like a cheetah.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 3, 2006, 07:02 PM
Cricket Legend

ZC is acting as if their players are busy playing county cricket. In reality, Zimbos are playing village cricket in England (quality of their clubs are probably worse than that of Rainhill). ZC should make enough money out of this series to pay off whatevere financial losses their players are going to face.
Old June 3, 2006, 09:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
i m just glad to see the bangladesh team playing cricket and since I am in dhaka now hopefully can enjoy some live action on TV. Hopefully the BD team wont pull any typical antics by losing and making it a terrible experience for me.

I hope the selectors try out some new young players in these two tours. Perfect opportunity to give some young players exposure to international cricket and if they perform they will put pressure on our ever fragile top order batsmen.

Good luck to the team.
Dont think we will have any live tv coverage for the Kenya and Zimbabwe series! Cause no one will be interested to telecast the matches live. I mean there might be no tv production from the kenyan or Zimbabwian end. So dont expect too much.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old June 3, 2006, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Dont think we will have any live tv coverage for the Kenya and Zimbabwe series! Cause no one will be interested to telecast the matches live. I mean there might be no tv production from the kenyan or Zimbabwian end. So dont expect too much.
As per ICC rule, Zim-BD series (matches between full members) has to be televised.
Old June 4, 2006, 01:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Zimbabwe cricket is in mess. BCB should try harder to reschedule the matches so that it is spaced out. Why cant we play Kenya 3-4 days ago, that would atleast give a week break between the series. The important thing is not to win the series, but to WHITEWASH BOTH.
Old June 4, 2006, 05:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

i think mushrafe will da star the series against kenya
Old June 4, 2006, 06:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
I am almost certain that there is not going to be any live TV telecast of the BD-KEN matcyes. As for BD-ZIM matches... there is a possibility. In dhaka... 3 sports channels broadcast BD matches. They are TenSports, ESPN & StarSports. If all of them are not busy telecasting other ongoing series (IND-WI or ENG-SL or else..) the ZIM series probably will be shown in any one of them. It has been telecasted before (when BD went to ZIM).. and probably will also this time.. unless other more important cricket is going on.
Old June 4, 2006, 04:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Check this out-

Zimbabwean captain Terry Duffin gets a duck in the first match for his English village team
Old June 4, 2006, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
I am almost certain that there is not going to be any live TV telecast of the BD-KEN matcyes. As for BD-ZIM matches... there is a possibility. In dhaka... 3 sports channels broadcast BD matches. They are TenSports, ESPN & StarSports. If all of them are not busy telecasting other ongoing series (IND-WI or ENG-SL or else..) the ZIM series probably will be shown in any one of them. It has been telecasted before (when BD went to ZIM).. and probably will also this time.. unless other more important cricket is going on.
The last time BD toured Zim I don't know who showed the matches but during 2001 when BD toured Zim then Ekushey tv showed all those matches.

The main question is will anyone (tv company)from zim make the live production from their end? Second question is -if any tv company make the production then is there any tv channels who is interested to show those matches in bd?

If the answer is yes for both of the questions then we can hope for a live telecast. But the question remains cause those who are living in foreign then live streaming is the only option so still don't know wats gonna happen.

Old June 5, 2006, 05:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

i hope they r not following our ash.
Old June 5, 2006, 05:55 AM
CricInfo Editor

Quote:
The last time BD toured Zim I don't know who showed the matches but during 2001 when BD toured Zim then Ekushey tv showed all those matches.

The main question is will anyone (tv company)from zim make the live production from their end? Second question is -if any tv company make the production then is there any tv channels who is interested to show those matches in bd?

If the answer is yes for both of the questions then we can hope for a live telecast. But the question remains cause those who are living in foreign then live streaming is the only option so still don't know wats gonna happen.
I believe that negotiations are taking place with a view to broadcasting rights for the Kenya series. These are with the home side but it will only happen if there is interest from the Bangladesh end and a deal can be done.

Zimbabwe's recent home series against Kenya was not covered, and given that the national broadcaster did not even buy the Zimbabwe-West Indies one-day series either, it seems there is little likelihood of anything happening from their end, so as with Kenya, the desire will have to be from Bangladesh's end.

Re the schedule in Zimbabwe; the majority of Zimbabwe's players are contracted in the UK and earning more there than they do from anything internally. Therefore, they want to spend as little time as possible back in Zimbabwe, hence the jam-packed itinerary.
Old June 5, 2006, 07:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

the schedule looks fine. These are test cricketers and should handle the situation without any problem. Think of it as two test matches that finishes in 18 days.
As long as they don't have to travel by bus from Kenya to Zim then this should not be an issue. There is only two back to back matches in the Zim tour. So what's the fuss? If our under 17 team can beat the crap out of these tenth string zim team then anything less than a whitewash would be dissapointment.
Old June 5, 2006, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Well test match and odis are two different things and odis are usually more intensed and put more pressure on your body... but still I don't think its that of a big deal because we are not playing any games before or after these two series...
Old June 5, 2006, 08:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

May be it would put a bit pressure on the mind but not on the body for sure. Bowlers are restricted to only 10 overs at most. Batsmen highest can bat 50 overs (no one can and will). Our boys are use to field two continuous days under the hot summer. It would be winter over there with sweaters on.

By the way, what color sweaters do we have for ODIs? we are not playing in whites, are we?
Old June 5, 2006, 05:55 PM
CricInfo Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
As per ICC rule, Zim-BD series (matches between full members) has to be televised.
The rules are being relaxed all the time. Zimbabwe haven't the capacity for coverage, even if no broadcaster from Bangladesh steps in, the matches will happen. Can you imagine the tour being cancelled because no TV company is interested? That would kill most matches involving Zimbabwe dead and the ICC cannot afford that. The series will go ahead, TV broadcasts might not. I still reckon that some company in Asia will stump up the cash for at the least the Zimbabwe leg.