facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 4, 2005, 11:48 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Remembering Monjurul Islam - the left arm pacer & our bowling

First of all, I must admit my fear that if we had batted during the morning session on Day Two - with the drizzle and the cloud cover - then we would not have such a good batting performance from our batsman.

Secondly, the most disappointing thing for me, is to have to remember of Monjurul Islam Monju, the left arm most reliable pacer of Bangladesh since our gaining test status.

Had Monjurul Islam been playing for Bangladesh in the Riverside, under the cloud cover and in the drizzling condition, I don't know what all of you were expecting, but I was sure that Monju could have at least taken a wicket or two.

This is sad, really. I was particularly disappointed in Mashrafee, whom we consider to be our best strike bowler, to not to take advantage of the situation. Tapash was the other experienced bowler who should have taken at least one wicket in that time-period along with Mashrafee Bin Murtoza (who actually had taken a couple of wickets both in the Lord's Test & in the current match).

With all the good performance of our batsman right now, let us just not forget the disappointments of our bowlers.