facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 21, 2012, 06:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook
Default How weak is Bangladesh WO Shakib & Tamim? Solution?

I remember hearing an analysis from Sanjay Manjekar on Bangladesh Cricket where he pinned out that Shakib & Tamim together scored 36-38% of total Bangladesh runs in international cricket since they appeared in international arena.

And Shakib also took close to 30% of all wickets taken by Bangladesh.

So Basically, we are very ordinary and probably will be beaten by most associate nations without these 2 golden boys of our soil.
Agree? ( even if u dont agree, thats statistics :p)

Solution: What do you think?
The only solution I see are much better national level cricket tournaments and more international games (which will expose other potential such as nasir, mahmudullah, masrafe, safiul to be hired in international leagues), but how hopeful are such initiatives in the hand of hapless BCB chairman Mostafa Kamal who wants to build a 100k+ facility stadium in Coxes Bazar? pocketing some $$.

btw, a side note:
Who is this Abul Hasan, turning out to be very ordinary on international level.

Last edited by Mav; June 21, 2012 at 01:00 PM..

Old June 21, 2012, 07:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Need to keep developing all their players, including bringing in new young batsmen like Anamul Haq. Players like Nasir, Mahmudullah and Rahim are starting to pull their weight and will only get better as they are all still young. Even Tamim and Shakib are still very young and will improve a lot if they are coached well. There's no quick solution but in many ways you don't need a solution, Shakib and Tamim will be around for a long time to come.
Old June 21, 2012, 07:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

We have more weakness than strength mate. It seems all our players don’t have any plan for themself to improve their game. None of them don't even try to add more arrows for their bow. They can’t come up with different ideas to unsettle opposition when things are not going their way. We have certainly pulled out some good performance in several occasions but can’t dominate or put pressure on opponent. We pretty much wait for our days to come to deliver. We probably don’t level our self same as our opponent, we are probably too decent to play the game in modern spirit
Old June 21, 2012, 09:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Abul hasnt delivered well enough. Still looks raw, think that he shudve gone back to domestics b4 being thrown into the intl scene.

Without both u mentioned isnt too bad but we miss the X-factor, something both tamim and shakib have.
Old June 21, 2012, 09:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAus
Need to keep developing all their players, including bringing in new young batsmen like Anamul Haq. Players like Nasir, Mahmudullah and Rahim are starting to pull their weight and will only get better as they are all still young. Even Tamim and Shakib are still very young and will improve a lot if they are coached well. There's no quick solution but in many ways you don't need a solution, Shakib and Tamim will be around for a long time to come.
I hope so, but the way tamim & Shakib are hit by girls, i dont they would be professionals without baggage for long.........and then.. dot dot dot. :p
Old June 21, 2012, 09:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

i think with out shafiul, rubel and shakib, 3 of our automatic picks for bowling, and without (tamim because he hasnt contributed) and shakib not being there for the batting, we have performed above average in this series, really good experience for abul hasan, bijoy(rather he struggle and learn the demands of international cricket here than in actual games) and sunny and ziaur. also mushy nasir and mahmudullah displaying they have what it takes to bat at 4,5,6 for bangladesh in international cricket
Old June 21, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav
I hope so, but the way tamim & Shakib are hit by girls, i dont they would be professionals without baggage for long.........and then.. dot dot dot. :p
Well, it's their personal life isn't it? So, if they are professional cricketers, they'll know their way to keep on performing....and Insha Allah they will
Old June 21, 2012, 09:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
We have more weakness than strength mate. It seems all our players don’t have any plan for themself to improve their game. None of them don't even try to add more arrows for their bow. They can’t come up with different ideas to unsettle opposition when things are not going their way. We have certainly pulled out some good performance in several occasions but can’t dominate or put pressure on opponent. We pretty much wait for our days to come to deliver. We probably don’t level our self same as our opponent, we are probably too decent to play the game in modern spirit
Cant tell you how much i Agree with you on that. This is so true.

Why is such submissive mentality? I dont get it. Only Shakib and Tamim i saw are man enough to shut down any opposition, or atleast confront with storng mentality.

Does this have anything to do with our culture? they way we grow up in BD, India is pretty similar, cant agree.
I dont know...

We gotta make Academies like BARCA, build them up since they are kid....may be that will help.
Old June 21, 2012, 10:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Well, it's their personal life isn't it? So, if they are professional cricketers, they'll know their way to keep on performing....and Insha Allah they will
Lets hope so !!
Atleast they have professional mentality.
Mashrafee after marriage, if u dont know, has become a big businessman. My bro once flying to dubai got the opportunity to sit close to mashrafe, before the plane took off, he was talking non stop about business with clients on phone.

I feel doing side business takes your concentration/professionalism away from sports.

So, just a bit concerned, but lets hope so.
Old June 21, 2012, 10:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav
Onara porashuna and poysha noshto kore .... Ei cheleder to aar porashuna nai...and noshto korar moto jotheshto poysha ache.. So don't worry... But they can be inspirational to lift their career also... So hope or the best ..
Old June 21, 2012, 10:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Sanjay Manjrekar is one of those anti-Bengali always highly crictical on BD achievement, so dont take him too much on consideration. But its true progess without Tamim and da Star is very much welcome here. I understand its very unlikely to reach final yet, still 2 wins in this tour is what overall expected.
Old June 21, 2012, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Sanjay Manjrekar is one of those anti-Bengali always highly crictical on BD achievement, so dont take him too much on consideration. But its true progess without Tamim and da Star is very much welcome here. I understand its very unlikely to reach final yet, still 2 wins in this tour is what overall expected.
plus one

Never seen Sanjay speaking anything good and constructive for Bangladesh. The only commentator from India who somewhat speaks highly of Bangladesh is Sunil Gavaskar although I might be wrong
Old June 21, 2012, 10:31 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Harsha Bhogle does as well. One or two of the CI Indian Editors do too from time to time.
Old June 21, 2012, 10:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav
Cant tell you how much i Agree with you on that. This is so true.

Why is such submissive mentality? I dont get it. Only Shakib and Tamim i saw are man enough to shut down any opposition, or atleast confront with storng mentality.

Does this have anything to do with our culture? they way we grow up in BD, India is pretty similar, cant agree.
I dont know...

We gotta make Academies like BARCA, build them up since they are kid....may be that will help.
Here is the deal budd...our player should have this attitude or belief in themself...no matter how good the opponent is, no matter how crap our player himself…u r not going to outplayed by the opponent till he is not pushing beyond his 100%...u wont let urself got beaten so easily, the enemy has to work their arse off to beat u…if u got hit once, u’ll come harder next time…no matter how bad ur situation is, u will not let ur enemy to take on u or owned u…

Mate trust me, I hate more than anything in my life to see the bowler’s helpless face when they are getting smashed. It doesn’t matter that u conceded 36 runs in 1 over but don’t show ur clueless expression to ur opponent. Keep trying to come harder on him. Same with batsmen’s clown like face.

I wish we can find someone in the team who can inject this belief in tigers. Needless to say that they are too young and decent to have this belief by nature
Old June 21, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav
Lets hope so !!
Atleast they have professional mentality.
Mashrafee after marriage, if u dont know, has become a big businessman. My bro once flying to dubai got the opportunity to sit close to mashrafe, before the plane took off, he was talking non stop about business with clients on phone.

I feel doing side business takes your concentration/professionalism away from sports.

So, just a bit concerned, but lets hope so.
When mash is not playing cricket, let him spend some time on business. Since, he is so injury prone, he needs to have a back up plan. BTW, mash is very serious and focus during preparation of games, so we should leave him alone.
Old June 23, 2012, 10:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dale Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
Here is the deal budd...our player should have this attitude or belief in themself...no matter how good the opponent is, no matter how crap our player himself…u r not going to outplayed by the opponent till he is not pushing beyond his 100%...u wont let urself got beaten so easily, the enemy has to work their arse off to beat u…if u got hit once, u’ll come harder next time…no matter how bad ur situation is, u will not let ur enemy to take on u or owned u…

Mate trust me, I hate more than anything in my life to see the bowler’s helpless face when they are getting smashed. It doesn’t matter that u conceded 36 runs in 1 over but don’t show ur clueless expression to ur opponent. Keep trying to come harder on him. Same with batsmen’s clown like face.

I wish we can find someone in the team who can inject this belief in tigers. Needless to say that they are too young and decent to have this belief by nature
Totally agree saw reza come to bat yesterday he looked clueless they made him look like a number 11 who couldn't even take a single. He is suposed to be an allrounder