facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2013, 09:26 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Its been a rough tour so far for the Aussies. Has to be a lot of events that made them eventually tick. And if its supported by Clarke then there must be some problems. I think having Watson out could be a blessing in discuise. Time for him to go in Tests. Hes just not doing good enough and needs a break. Khawaja needs a run in his place after his suspension is over
IMO Watson is the second best batsman after Clarke in this side. He is a good player of spin and pace with a good range of strokes and immense power. He would have come good eventually but unfortunately for him he won't get that chance now.

Clarke is either a very innocent guy or a very shrewd one who knows how to hide his wrong doings. He had issues with Katich and now seems to have issues with Watson. We all know what happened to Katich.

Old March 12, 2013, 09:45 PM
Banned

There is a stark difference between Arthur's coaching style than that of his countryman Gary Kirsten's. Kirsten seemed to earn respect from his pupils, didn't need to force them. Thats why he has been successful with teams of two very distinct cultures. Whereas Arthur seems to be a task master. Also, as much as I like Clarke's performance on-filed, his performance off-field leaves a question. Players like Katich and Symonds lost their places under his captaincy and now Watson. Clarke made Watson felt unwanted few times by saying "We beat Indian 4-0 without Watto". This is not how you speak as a captain. Your job is to unite the team but you are dividing. These are grown up professional cricketers. Everyone of them worked their backsides off to reach to the national team. You as the captain and coach need to find a way to get the best out of them. The team has to enjoy what they do.
Old March 12, 2013, 10:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
IMO Watson is the second best batsman after Clarke in this side. He is a good player of spin and pace with a good range of strokes and immense power. He would have come good eventually but unfortunately for him he won't get that chance now.

Clarke is either a very innocent guy or a very shrewd one who knows how to hide his wrong doings. He had issues with Katich and now seems to have issues with Watson. We all know what happened to Katich.
Watto could be the 2nd batsman in the team but that doesn't say much in a team with full of youngsters. Also it doesn't change the fact that he's underachieved in Tests. Only 2 centuries and a 30 odd average after all these matches. I think it's time he takes a long break and goes back to Sheffield Shield before he comes back.
Old March 13, 2013, 05:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Khawaja threw away his test debut
Old March 13, 2013, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Khawaja threw away his test debut
He has played 6 tests already.
Old March 13, 2013, 10:15 AM
Banned

Some interesting points from Nasser Hussain:

"First up, I do believe Mickey Arthur (coach) and Michael Clarke have been badly let down by the four players who failed to do their homework."

"It's lazy and disrespectful of them not to respond to a simple task on a tough tour," he wrote.

"Second, I find it hard to understand why Shane Watson, the vice-captain, isn't on the management team."

"When I was captain, we made sure people felt involved in big decisions - especially the No.2. The whole structure seems wrong."

Hussain hit out the prevailing spirit in the Australian team, saying the other players should have checked about the homework with sacked four.

"It also tells me a lot about team spirit. Forget all this rubbish about clapping your teammates on the balcony for the benefit of the TV cameras."

"Team spirit should have been someone asking Watson or the other three whether they'd done their feedback - and if not, why not?" said Hussain.

"Having said all that, I do feel the decision to drop the players is just too harsh. This just feels like shooting yourself in the foot," Hussain added.

"These four guys are never going to forget this. And when they're in a tight spot in the Ashes later this year, they may just ask themselves who it is they want to perform for."

http://www.vcricket.com/cricket-news...wed-39749.html
Old March 13, 2013, 10:22 AM
Banned

Some of the misconducts that led to sacking four players:

- Showing up late for team meetings and training sessions;

- Missing medical and physiotherapy appointments;

- Sleeping in and holding up the team bus;

- Wearing the wrong uniforms;

- Failing to consistently complete CA health and well-being forms;

- Recording fluctuating skin-folds, with some players deemed overweight.

The exact offenders are not known.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/...#ixzz2NQwlKUjB
Old March 13, 2013, 10:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Interesting message from Flintoff

"flintoff11 andrew flintoff
Amazing 4 Aussie players banned for not doing homework , I thought letting them play in the next test would be punishment enough #3-0india"
Old March 14, 2013, 07:49 AM
Banned

Watson's wife Lee gave birth to their boy Will tonight. Wow. That is what Watson meant when he said earlier, "Things happen for a reason".
Old March 14, 2013, 10:08 AM
Banned

Default Ponting shows staunch support for Watson

Ricky Ponting has mounted a staunch defence of Shane Watson's qualities as a team player and also said that Cricket Australia's team performance manager Pat Howard would regret his implication that the national team's vice-captain was anything otherwise.

Speaking after he made his third Sheffield Shield century of the season for Tasmania against Victoria in Hobart, Ponting was adamant that he had never found fault with Watson's actions in the past, though he described the decision to suspend four players from the third Test in Mohali as "drastic" but merited in the circumstances.

"I've never known him to be anything other than a very good team player and a great bloke to have around your team."

"I loved every moment that I played with Watto," Ponting said. "To tell the truth I think I understood him and his personality as well as anyone that I ever played with. I tried to get as close to him as I could. I tried to know him as well as I could both on and off the field and I actually felt by doing that I got as much out of him as I could as a player."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-...ry/625003.html

Howard really made a fool of himself talking nonsense.
Old March 14, 2013, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
He has played 6 tests already.
In India i meant.