facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 19, 2005, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara
Default Worcestershire chairman blasts Akhtar

cricinfo news:
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/co...ry/222543.html

what do you think, guys? Is Akhtar a that bad and un professional guy?

My personal opinion is, it is something like Flintoff's statement about Ganguly, coming only for personal reasons. Another important point is, statements like these will help the Pak selectors leaving Shoaib out of the squad and it is England is who will be benefitted of that.

Edited on, October 19, 2005, 1:28 PM GMT, by Baundule.

Old October 19, 2005, 09:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

[.... edited....] dat english man!
who is he 2 point out at akhtar or n e playa?

Edited on, October 19, 2005, 5:58 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Reason: mod.content: no foul language.
Old October 19, 2005, 09:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

yeah they can't play so attack him off the field.. just like they use to do on reverse swing and now they them selves r doing so stupid brits
Old October 19, 2005, 12:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

In fairness, Shoaib was very disapointing in his spell at Worcestershre and didn't show ant great enthusiasm. He spent lots of time driving expensive sports cars about like a showman and the turned up for the game and didn't look bothered.

You can perhaps understand the chairman being a bit peeved.
Old October 19, 2005, 12:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Pak is better off without Shoaib. He is an immatured, spoiled brat. Even before England sting he was all for his own glory. He don't even have 200 wickets in test or ODI. I clearly remember his attitude when he played against BD in Dhaka (I was visiting at that time). His head was not in the game but in the stands where the girls were. Last time he went to Aus with the team he was in the nightclubs causing trouble. What kind of role model is he? On the field, his team was losing badly. he is suppose to be 'the one' for Pak team. Yet he can not deliver. His action speaks volume alright. All negetive.
I hope Inzi keeps him out of the team. Look how they did against India at India without him. Then look again how they did against India with him in Pak. He is not a team player and cricket is team sport.
Enough Shoaib bashing.
The chairman just voiced his opinion with the facts he saw. And for the notion that England wants him out of Paki lineup I cannot agree with that. Didn't he get his rear kicked in England while playing for Worcestershire in fast bowling friendly pitches? In Pakistan he will be even more unproductive. So the English management should want the opposite.
Old October 20, 2005, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

It is really funny that Shoaib does not have even 200 wickets either in ODI or in tests. But the reason is, he played only 36 tests and 125 ODIs. His strike rates in tests and ODI are 44.34 and 30.53 respectively (compare that figures of Wasim Akram: 54.65 and 36.22). He is a wicket taking bowler and you have got to know how to use him. Inzamam failed to do that completely.

Captain having problems with the match-winning player does not help the team. I can remember one ODI where Wasim was captain and he let Waqar bowl only 2 overs. That costed 16 runs and he never got another chance in the match!

It is a common mistake that people saying Pakistan is a better team without Shoaib. But in Australia, it was only Shoaib who could put some pressure on the Aussies. He got no support from the other end. Same things are told about Brian Lara. In the recent series with SA, WI played the first test without Lara and they were on top. With Lara, they lost the rests. But it was not because Lara performed horribly. Do you think, they will dump Lara for that?

Attitude of a show man is no big deal. Lara is a big show man and he is still an all-time great of the game. A recent comment of Flintoff: "I have to watch my skin more and make sure that I look good and have had my hair done. I could easily lose my crown back to David Beckham if I'm not careful." One good series and Flintoff is already ....

I don't like Pakistan team. But I am a big fan of the quality players like Wasim, Saeed Anwar or Shoaib Akhtar. And it's sad if some internal mean politics hamper their career. It's a loss for the player, for the spectators and bove all, for cricket.
Old October 20, 2005, 03:55 AM
Cricket Legend

I would ask why he play 36 test in a 8 yr career. Because he is often unfir. he is a spoil brat. Does what ever he like. Even when he is not performing he blamed the captain for not using him properly. Did waqar made a comment whn Wasim did not use him in the test when Aus chase more than 350. Because he knows his deed would speak itself. Shoeib mention tht Pakistan (or woolmar)does not know how to use fast bowler. If Pakistadoes not know then no country know but aus how to use Fast bowler. May be he forgot Woolmar managed Donald a bowler much better than him. If Pakistan want to compete with England it is better to left him out. They have example in India and WI tour.

Edited on, October 20, 2005, 8:56 AM GMT, by thebest.
Old October 20, 2005, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend

you can ask the same question to Mashrafee because he has a higher rate of injury problem. But do you think, BD team will leave a fit Mashrafee out of the team? Don't say that shoaib gets his injury because of spending nights with girls or drinking much alcohol. If that were the case, Shane Warne or Ricky Ponting woudn't be playing!

About the performance, please see the past 10 series, at least, when he played for Pakistan. He is the most successful paceman. No one else is even close to him.

Shoaib is not a coward and it's true that Inzi does not know how to use him. Shoaib is playing regularly now and they are just creating pressure on him citing the fitness issue. Express bowlers always have injury problems and in recent times with the busy cricket schedule that's very common. (Brett Lee and Shane Bond are examples, if not Glenn McGrath). But that should not dump your best asset.
Old October 21, 2005, 12:56 AM
Test Cricketer

shoaib does have that 'pin-up' attitude with girls.....more like imran khan...

but atleast imran khan has proved his worth...
Old October 21, 2005, 07:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Shoaib has a mouth bigger than his head. He is not a team player, never will be. Pakistan will be better off him.