facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 1, 2015, 12:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Your take on South Africa?

I know we take one game at a time and we have Ind series before that. However, SA series is very important for all the qualifications attached to it for us.

So what is your take on them?

We beat them when they were ranked #1 before. They have a history of choking. They are playing @ BD against a different BD team.
+++
Other side of the coin, I think with the exception of Amla, everyone in their ODI squad is playing IPL. They know the slow and low bounce nature of the pitches. Abbott, Theron, Morkel-Steyn-Duminy, ABCD, Fuf, Miller, Tahir and so many others; everyone is familiar with the environment and sub-continent pitches. Amla owned Ind in their last tour. De V is just toying with bowlers.

What is your take? What do you think about the ODI series? Can we win? How many can we win?

Old May 1, 2015, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't follow IPL. Are those pitches really slow-low like ours?
Old May 1, 2015, 12:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I don't follow IPL. Are those pitches really slow-low like ours?
From the scores and few articles I read in cricinfo, some are flat and some are slow and low like others. They play about 10/12 places around Ind.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:42 PM
Cricket Guru

I would still go with low-slow pitches, at least to take edge out of their pacers. Hopefully they still won't find our spinners easy to deal with.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe

We can win the ODI series InShaAllah. Bat first, score 300+, and SA will choke under lights at SBNCS.

I do not know if anyone feels that, but the darkness of night, the flood light, and the roaring of fans at SBNCS create an atmosphere where the whole stadium feels like a pressure cooker. Therefore, if we can score 300+, SA will definitely choke.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Beatable but that doesn't mean we.will

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 1, 2015, 04:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I watch KKR matches...most of them are either flat or slow and low. Until last year Eden garden used to surprise with rank turners once in a while - this year haven't seen that at all.
Old May 1, 2015, 05:05 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

South Africa won't be easy even if we have home advantage. Their players are capable of doing well anywhere in the world.

I think we can still win at least one game. Winning the series is highly unlikely but we wouldn't get sweeped insha'Allah
Old May 1, 2015, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Hmm s africa divided over the issue of quotas now effecting team performance,they are more vulnerable than ever before.
Old May 1, 2015, 05:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrul
We can win the ODI series InShaAllah. Bat first, score 300+, and SA will choke under lights at SBNCS.

I do not know if anyone feels that, but the darkness of night, the flood light, and the roaring of fans at SBNCS create an atmosphere where the whole stadium feels like a pressure cooker. Therefore, if we can score 300+, SA will definitely choke.
In addition to what you said, statistically, SA do considerably better when they bat first, they don't deal with spin well, and they win 80-something (I want to say 82) percent of their games when Amla plays well. This is from stats shown during the WC in the India-SA game. I think most of us are aware of all three, but they were pretty telling statistically.

So, create a wicket that'll assist the spinners in the second innings, device plans for Amla, win a couple of tosses, and we can surely win the requisite one game.
Old May 1, 2015, 05:12 PM
BC Editorial Team

Bhai Saffers are a whole lot more disciplined than the Pakistani bowlers. And they have AB. Gaache kathal gofey tel
Old May 1, 2015, 05:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Kaake bolchen, amake? Ami to bollam ekta match jitte parbe, aar oder sheta korar khomota oboshshoi ache, whitewash korbe bolini to.
Old May 1, 2015, 05:21 PM
Cricket Savant

keno ab devillain to bolei dilo: aj toder ekdin ki amar ekdin

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 1, 2015, 05:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Yeah, may be their bowling is not quite good, but it is greatly consolidated by scintillating fielding and inhuman batting.
Old May 1, 2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I know we take one game at a time and we have Ind series before that. However, SA series is very important for all the qualifications attached to it for us.

So what is your take on them?

We beat them when they were ranked #1 before. They have a history of choking. They are playing @ BD against a different BD team.
+++
Other side of the coin, I think with the exception of Amla, everyone in their ODI squad is playing IPL. They know the slow and low bounce nature of the pitches. Abbott, Theron, Morkel-Steyn-Duminy, ABCD, Fuf, Miller, Tahir and so many others; everyone is familiar with the environment and sub-continent pitches. Amla owned Ind in their last tour. De V is just toying with bowlers.

What is your take? What do you think about the ODI series? Can we win? How many can we win?
->The World # 1 T20 allrounder is not playing in the current IPL
-> There is NO Sunny there...
_> No Zubair or Taijul...

I see a a lot of excitement ahead for the Africans !
Old May 1, 2015, 06:51 PM
Cricket Guru

If we have flat pitches Ab De Villiers will violate us like no tomorrow
Old May 1, 2015, 07:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Jokhon ashe, tokhon dekha jabe. One step at a time. Fan ba player jei hok na keno, mathai extra pressure niye luv nai, chul taratari pake. ofcourse, I'm hoping for a win here and there in ODI. Banglawash or Banglarash (opposition gives us bangladholai) might not be possible.
Old May 1, 2015, 09:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Different ball game all together. Amla, Faf, AB, De Kock(flat track hero) Miller wouldn't be surprised one bit if they notch up 400. Also their bowling. We have to play out absolute very best to stand a chance. I'l be happy if we can manage one win.
Old May 1, 2015, 09:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrul

The series will be tough but in your formula we may win a game
Old May 1, 2015, 10:14 PM
Club Cricketer

Imran Tahir will be the key. in Batting, ball 200 balls to Amla, he will score 150 and rest 100 balls to other, they will score 150, so chase 300, otherwise we have to chase 400.
Old May 2, 2015, 01:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Bhai Saffers are a whole lot more disciplined than the Pakistani bowlers. And they have AB. Gaache kathal gofey tel
Kathal kintu amra ek bar bhangsi. ek nombor thekey dui nombor'e namai disilam 2007'a. Tao tho bedeshi condition'a. ei bar desh'e pamu ei gulare.
Old May 2, 2015, 07:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Javed Omar Belim

We should play an all pace attack in the practice match then unleash the SLAs in the ODIs
Old May 2, 2015, 08:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

RSA will win the ODI series 2-1.

They will also win the Test series 1-0.

Above results would still add ranking points to our account.

Last edited by Cricket4All; May 2, 2015 at 08:44 AM..
Old May 2, 2015, 08:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

We beat them in 2008 when we were young tigers (well we're still young but have grown to WHAT I'D SAY to about 4.5 years of how an adult male tiger would be in the wild; strong ready to take over, and main prime strength is about 5 or 6). when our tigers we're about I'd say 3 years of age of how a tiger male not fully grown adult would be in the wild (like still not sure, quietly learning, alone, trying to figure out how to survive, everything was learning curve for the next step in the future etc etc). And now, we will beat them at our own den, because the Tigers are well past growing stages and are ready to hunt for territories -- InshALLAH!

Behold, Oh Rivalries. The Bangladesh Tigers are still yet to hit their main prime age (where their muscles/quality will be grown into max thickness/strength and will be even more brute force)

Joy Bangla
Old May 2, 2015, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I followed the 5 ODI series between WI vs SA before the WC, where Amla averaged 200, ABD took MOM award in every other match, and they went on to win 4-1. On their day they can break every world record out there but when they have a bad day they can be beaten even in their own conditions. In our conditions I see us winning at least one if not two matches if two things happen. We make the right pitches (spin friendly), and we have the ODI leg first so their batsmen haven't had the chance to get used to our conditions. Not worried about their fast bowlers on our tracks, only bowler I'm worried about is Imran Tahir if he's still in their plans.