facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Do you like Bijoy's approach ?
Yes 18 64.29%
No 6 21.43%
I don't know 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 21, 2014, 01:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Default Do you appreciate Bijoy's approach or not ?

It's amazing how focused he is to get a hundred,so focused that he doesn't care about the teams run rate or the number of dot balls he plays
For a team like BD I welcome player like Bijoy (although sometimes like yesterday it was getting difficult at times) but clearly if he was playing for a better batting team he would be criticized & asked to pace his innings according to the team's interest.

I kind a like what he is doing, he gets to his 100 with a 70 SR and then plays a few big shots to end the innings at a 80+ SR
But I would still hope he rotates the strike more.

Old August 21, 2014, 01:23 PM
Banned

True, it's not a flashy performance like what Ashraful used to give us. But, consider the alternatives , he would have got out for 30. BD would then have to defend 130
Old August 21, 2014, 01:24 PM
Cricket Sage

There is lot of things to like and then there is something you don't like and wish doesn't become his habit in future.
Old August 21, 2014, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

He is an opener. A SR of 70 in ODIs is just painful to watch. I understand that he had no choice but to go slow, but he was also very slow in the first few overs as well when Tamim was his partner.
And his head on collision with Kaedge was horrible. He has been playing cricket for good amount of time now and these type of juvenile errors are inexcusable. Don't want to talk about Imrul because don't want to waste my energy on him
Old August 21, 2014, 02:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

just watch him bat tomorrow, he will score fast no matter what happens.
Old August 21, 2014, 03:04 PM
Banned

If he has a SR of 70 and scores a 100 in each of the next 100 matches, then he will become the greatest batsman in BD cricket history! And, I will take that over a flashy 20-20 batting display from Tamim anyday!
Old August 21, 2014, 03:07 PM
Cricket Savant

flashy mashy boro kotha na. kotha holo how does he contribute to a team. sometimes a 30 ball 50 can be more beneficial than a 120 ball 100.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 21, 2014, 03:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Struggles to accelerate and take singles, even his century against Pak on the flattest of tracks came at a sr of 70. I guess his innings yesterday was fine, considering how everyone else was falling like dominoes on the other end, he had to play the anchor role.
Old August 21, 2014, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I'm a bit confused here...from the matches I've watched in the last 6 months Anamul seemed to be not only one of the most consistent batsmen in the team but also one of the fastest scorers. This was the first match in an away series played on a tricky pitch. Unlike all the other batsmen he was smart enough to read the conditions correctly and take his time to settle in before freeing his arms. If conditions were easy I'm sure WI wouldn't have lost half their side for 34 runs at home. WI were lucky to have Pollard have a very good day and the pitch ease up a bit in the latter half of their innings. Anamul's approach was commendable given he had to hold the forte while his partners were busy taking part in a procession and also survive Narine who seemed almost unplayable during half his overs.
Old August 21, 2014, 05:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Strike rotation us something he needs to work on but getting tons is important and no one else in BD does it as consistently as he does.
Old August 21, 2014, 07:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Can have any flaw you want, 70+ strike rate with a consistent track record opening the innings is very well played.

His job isn't to score a 30 ball 50, he's not number 7. h'es openeing the innings so get a hundred mate.
Old August 21, 2014, 07:42 PM
Test Cricketer

if you want a 30 ball 50 from him, given how rest of the team plays, we would not last 30 overs.
We don't need another Tamim.
Old August 21, 2014, 07:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
if you want a 30 ball 50 from him, given how rest of the team plays, we would not last 30 overs.
We don't need another Tamim.
When was the last time Tamim score something like 30 ball 50 runs? Now a days he plays very slow in ODIs. He is no longer that dashing Tamim when he first came.

I disagree with most (i guess), I would rather have one opener taking advantage of power play and get some quick runs, while other opener can play anchor role to a certain point. However I understand this was not the pitch to hit from the beginning, and therefore ok with starting slow to a certain point.
Old August 21, 2014, 07:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

he needs to be more aggressive
Old August 21, 2014, 08:09 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Plenty of other batsman could have taken the initiative while anamul played the anchor role. He cannot play anchor and also blaze away like Sehwag. That would have costed him his wicket. If the run rate was poor and it surely was, blame the rest of the batting group who couldn't capitalize on a stable partner at the other end. If everyone else had a 100 strike rate besides Anam then we could blame him but look at the strike rate of others in the game.
Old August 21, 2014, 08:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

That was a Javed Omar type innings from the 'do sommanjonok score' era.
Old August 21, 2014, 09:11 PM
Cricket Legend

One must realize the next highest scorer only got 26. If someone else converted to a 50, Tigers could have easily taken the score to 250, and Anamul could have played a more aggressive role. With the wickets falling, Anamul had no other choice than be there till the end. Else it would have been a 170-180.

Placing value on wicket is a rare attribute amongst Bangladeshi players. Even the best in the business throw their wickets with one rash shot. I am glad Anamul has shown he doesnt fall in that category.

He does need to learn how rotate strike better, but that ll come with experience. But for the time being lets direct a bit more energy to those who failed to score past 26, and praise the guy who at least got us to a respectable position!
Old August 21, 2014, 10:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

At least jeesh bhai gets it.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 21, 2014, 10:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

if a partner at the other end is rotating strike regularly it automatically influences the other partner.

so while Bijoy is capable of staying there till the end even if he is playing for century ... the other batsman at the other end must step up. we all know bijoy can play shots ... so if he gets support from other end ... he will be aable to up the tempo ...... but if others keep falling apart .... he will always play slow and steady ...
Old August 21, 2014, 11:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Replace the name "Bijoy" with "Imrul Kayes" with the same exact innings and baam, so many criticisms....
Old August 22, 2014, 12:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Replace the name "Imrul Kayes" with "Nazza" with the same exact innings and baam, everyone loses their minds.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 22, 2014, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
At least jeesh bhai gets it.
bro everyone gets it. stop talking to fazal mamu that's all.. things will make sense....

it is ridiculous talking about the only guy who scored in the match.... ppl here are embarrassing... same applies when attacking shakib.. the best player... rest of the modons haven't done jack shittt, the only guy that does something is under constant criticism...

eita re bole when you have a headache, blame the head and cut it out... that will solve it..
Old August 22, 2014, 01:23 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Replace the name "Imrul Kayes" with "Nazza" with the same exact innings and baam, everyone loses their minds.
Replace the name "Nazza" with "Mahmudulla" with the same exact innings and shazam!!!, you have an intro to a fantasy story in your hands
Old August 22, 2014, 03:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The Israeli government and their Hasbarista minions are good at blaming the victim. We are good at criticizing that performer who outperforms everyone else.

@Na(zimuddin)mul converts his 50s and puts runs on the board. Celebratory chitkartao bhalo. Others also need to do their part because this is still a team sport. Their failure should be the focus, not Bijoy's allegedly slow ODI 100s often amounting to 50% of the team's total. Maybe with a proper partner his 100s won't be as "slow". Playing with winners like Mrs. Benson, BP KaEdge and Kopa Shamsu dooms his approach from the start, and then he has to deal with the greatness of the recently retired Mrs. Bogura and her in-law Mrs. Sissypuss before Mrs. Mahjabeen throws her wicket away. Attempting to rotate the strike with these guys means suicide and a grand total of 150 max. Let's face it, we've reverted back to the pre-2007, even pre-Zimbashing years. So it's all about individual landmarks and SJPs now, and I'm glad Bijoy has 3 tonnes in 20 tries.

One of the major reasons why we lose from possibly winning positions is Mit'hu's captaincy. I say make Bijoy captain.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 22, 2014 at 03:53 AM..
Old August 22, 2014, 03:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Absolutely I do.... his strike rate was 80 which brilliant. If this was below 60, then it would have been questionable. For a team like ours, scoring 100 with a 80 strike rate in an ODI match should be exampleary.