facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 3, 2009, 05:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Bangladesh May Miss Out on Asia Cup

Quote:
Sunday, October 04, 2009
From Abdul Mohi Shah

JOHANNESBURG: Bangladesh will not be able to compete in the forthcoming Asia Cup to be held in Malaysia early next summer as the England and Wales Cricket Board refused to alter dates in the wake of a heavy English summer.

A well-placed source in the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) confirmed to ‘The News’ that the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) has decided to go ahead with the Asia Cup even if Bangladesh stays away from the tournament.

According to an earlier finalised itinerary, Bangladesh is scheduled to reach England as early as in the first week of May to play Test and one-day series. It is during the period of March to May during which the Asia Cup has been scheduled.

“The Bangladesh Board is making all out efforts to delay the start of the England tour so that they are able to compete in the Asia Cup. However, so far there has been no luck for them as the ECB has refused to accommodate them, saying that the summer is too hectic to even think of making changes in the schedule,” the source confirmed.

Before the tour of England, Bangladesh will host the England team from February to March. “All out efforts to adjust the Asia Cup in March has also not met any success, meaning that if we decide to host the Asia Cup in March, Bangladesh would not be able to compete in the event. England has refused to alter the dates of their trip to Bangladesh even, making it difficult for the team to compete in the Asia Cup,” the source said.

The ACC is considering the option to go ahead with the planned Asia Cup even if Bangladesh fails to comply with the schedule. “Even if Bangladesh stays away from the Cup we would arrange it in Malaysia next year. It would be too busy a schedule during the next year and if we fail to organise the Cup from March to May next year, the ACC may not be able to host the event at all. So we have decided to go ahead with the plan to host the event early next summer even if Bangladesh fails to participate. In absence of Bangladesh, however we would have to alter the fixtures and format of the competition.”

Pakistan is also scheduled to visit England next summer, not only to compete in the Test and one-day series against the host nation but also to play a Test series against Australia. The matches against Australia are set to be played at Lord’s and Healingly (Leeds).
I didn't like the Idea of Flying to England, PLay Tests, fly to Malysia and than Fly to England for ODI's

Tri Series Dates are Finailzed anyway with India and Sri Lanka

Old October 3, 2009, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

if one of the team cannot play how can it be a Asia cup? would ACC go ahead if one of the three can not participate? it will just be a tri-series.
Old October 3, 2009, 06:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

I guess it makes no difference right now. Pakis are pissed at us right now anyways because of all the recent history with the safety issues and Endia could care less about us.
The Lankans never look for trouble so they will be out of it.

I guess no Asia cup for us this time around. I am liking the England matches better anyways. For some reason our boys perform terribly when it comes to Pakis especially. And as for Srilanka, Ashraful zindabad lol.

Good luck BD! Hope things get sorted out somehow.
Old October 3, 2009, 06:18 PM

Bangladesh mone hochchhe Asian politics-a-o mar khachchhe...! BCB should fight hard against all odds.
Old October 3, 2009, 06:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

I'd rather play with England in English conditions than the Asia Cup if there's no choice. In this case, ECB's reluctance to change schedule is understandable. ACC could've arranged sth, but they don't seem to give a hoot..looks like we got caught in Asian politics. Better not say anything b4 they *cough*Pak*cough* find a way of sabotaging our WC hosting or sth..Really need to get Butt in the Gulistan rastas.. public would love to give him sth back...
Old October 3, 2009, 07:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

damn...this is bullshit. ACC can't alter dates but can cancel an entire tournament if india backs out. money talks and the world is a just one big whorehouse looking for johns.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 3, 2009, 07:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

BCB should keep ACC in the dark and pull out last minute, screwing up the plans...that should teach those brownies a lesson...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 3, 2009, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Old October 3, 2009, 07:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Chamchami of Indian board, cancelling Pak tour - all are paying back with the ususally accommodative neighbours now becoming carefully careless. Political intervention, if any, should not take place on BCB matters.
Old October 3, 2009, 10:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
Chamchami of Indian board, cancelling Pak tour - all are paying back with the ususally accommodative neighbours now becoming carefully careless. Political intervention, if any, should not take place on BCB matters.
chamchami of indian board ok i'm with you on that one. but cancelling the pak tour was necessary. BCB didn't cancel the tour just because they wanted to. as far as i know they canceled it because the government asked them. i believe it was the right call, pakistan is just being stupid. they are just pissed of at everyone for being kicked as one of the world cup hosts. we are better of playing england, we haven't played them in so long.
Old October 3, 2009, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
damn...this is bullshit. ACC can't alter dates but can cancel an entire tournament if india backs out. money talks and the world is a just one big whorehouse looking for johns.
My thoughts exactly. ACC'r rear end e chaarta laathi mara dorkar.
Old October 4, 2009, 12:37 AM
Test Cricketer

fingers crossed well get a solution
Old October 4, 2009, 12:59 AM
Cricket Guru

I would prefer not to field the team in May against England in England. Our batsmen (may be except Tamim and Zunaed) are so horrible against swing bowling (and I highly doubt few practice matches in England will change that) is that the series spells disaster and scything media criticism. If possible, Bangladesh should use the Asia cup as an excuse to back out of the Test series.
Old October 4, 2009, 01:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Asia cup has been postponed or re-scheduled a couple of times in the past due to the unavailability of other members. We have our own administrator (Ashraful Haque) and yet we are not able to play in the tournament. Simply unacceptable....
Old October 4, 2009, 01:09 AM
Cricket Savant

double u b double u double u da

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 4, 2009, 01:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Why the hec our BCB goons agreed on an altered date for England tour, knowing that the time was already slotted for Asia cup??

Why the hec they didnt finalise issues with ACC first??

Stop blaming indians and pakis for everything. The opening was created by us and now they are merely belting us on it.

This is what happens when you are too busy buying business class tickets and arranging 7 star accomodations for people who have very little knowledge about cricket.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 4, 2009, 03:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I would prefer not to field the team in May against England in England. Our batsmen (may be except Tamim and Zunaed) are so horrible against swing bowling (and I highly doubt few practice matches in England will change that) is that the series spells disaster and scything media criticism. If possible, Bangladesh should use the Asia cup as an excuse to back out of the Test series.
Come on, u can't seriously think that as a senior member here! We shine in adversity. One more disaster won't matter that much, but one thrilling test would do a lot to post a positive image of us. Just imagine taking the first ever day-night test match to the last hour, with England sweating and praying... the whole world would be watching, and they would remember
Old October 4, 2009, 03:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Come on, u can't seriously think that as a senior member here! We shine in adversity. One more disaster won't matter that much, but one thrilling test would do a lot to post a positive image of us. Just imagine taking the first ever day-night test match to the last hour, with England sweating and praying... the whole world would be watching, and they would remember
Sis, you are only kidding yourself. It will be an achievement for Bangladesh team if they can survive till fourth day of any Test in England next May.

Here is our Test record in England, Australia, SA and NZ - http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...m;view=results

Except one match, we lost all by innings. Heck, last we visited England, we lost to a half strength Sussex team by innings.

Other subcontinental teams, that are much stronger than us, were embarrassed in early English summer. Siddons knows very well what kind of blipping chance we have against England in May, and he told a reporter he would have preferred to see the series take place in August.

BTW, ECB ruled out any chance of organizing a day-night Test next May, as pink ball (that will be necessary for such a match) has not been trialed well yet.
Old October 4, 2009, 07:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I will be damned if you were talking using Ancient Iranian people of horse-riding nomadic pastoralists known for dominating the Pontic-Caspian steppe through Classical antiquity...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 4, 2009, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

oh noo...asia cup is the only time we can hope of winning against crap teams
Old October 4, 2009, 08:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

can't believe..its all pakis politics..
Old October 4, 2009, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Ashraful hoque/islam is the top man of ACC. I am expecting him to do something positive for his country. Without BD the Asia cup is not true Asian cup it is merely a triangular series.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 4, 2009, 12:49 PM
Test Cricketer

I think well sort it out:

http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/inte...,-insists-BCB/
Old October 4, 2009, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
I think well sort it out:

http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/inte...,-insists-BCB/
Ahh, some good news then. I want us to play as mush as we can. Been too long without top cricket this year.
Old October 4, 2009, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
I didn't like the Idea of Flying to England, PLay Tests, fly to Malysia and than Fly to England for ODI's

Tri Series Dates are Finailzed anyway with India and Sri Lanka
Would you please let know the source of that news please? Was waiting for this to be finalised for a while.

Last edited by Purbasha T; October 4, 2009 at 01:55 PM..