facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2003, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Default SHAME BANGLADESH SHAME

watng for bd to bat over lunch - wth a bum laptop. a bum leg and a headache- just wanted to share what a msery ths was to watch. wll wrte about the full experence later and we may yet wn the game/ bt do we deserve to?

am glad ths s plot's last game as captan. we tred our best to lose ths game our captan leadng from the front....

Old March 1, 2003, 07:22 AM
Club Cricketer

rafiq,

come on over to chat. need your commentary. i lost my internet video feed. cricinfo also not working too well.

Old March 1, 2003, 10:53 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

We lost. Just when victory was in sight Khaled Mahmud had to come down the wicket.

We are hopeless bunch. And fate seems to be in Kenya's side:

We dropped 4 catches, Kenya almost dropped a catch and the guy got it up and caught in second try. Very strange.

The most bad thing was Ash out. There was inside edge, it wasn't LBW. Ashoka d'silva's upiring was pretty sub-standard.

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by nasif]
Old March 1, 2003, 11:08 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default :)

We dug our own grave. We had a long tail but first Rokon sacrificed his wicket, then Asoka sent Ashraful back to Pavilion lbw on a clear inside edge (However, he did not give Brijesh Patel out to a clear edge). Pilot tried for a while, I was surprised Tusher scored that many, he was fishing all over early on.

Sanwar and Akram were going along great but Sanwar went for a completely useless shot - sacrificing another of OUR wickets. Shujon decided to check Otieno's reflexes and rafique's left hand was never that good. IN the end, Akram sees that there is still a shot, but he had to make sure we had luck in our side so he goes for a shot (WHY?) only to see Angara hold on to his fumble. Mind you, Pilot had big gloves in his hands and yet, he could not hold onto a simple catch.

Anyways, kenya moves on, quite lucky. If you haven't seen their batting, don't comment. I wonder how they beat sri Lanka with this team. I really wonder. Anyways, they are bound to get whacked in the super sixes but you know what, they will still be in the super sixes and we are going out without anything to show for the world cup.
Old March 1, 2003, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Can someone explain to me why Kenya are already in the super sixes? They have 4 wins from 5 games, which gives them 16 points. They have one game left against the WI, which they will most likely lose, so they will have 16 points.

NZ will beat Canada to get to 16 points.

If, SA beat SL, SA and SL will both have 16 points.

So with 4 teams on 16, the three teams with the highest nrr will go through right? So why is Kenya already in the super sixes?

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by Sham]
Old March 1, 2003, 11:21 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Why them ?

First of all - because we let them through. not to offend anyone and you may think I'm cocky but WE lost, Kenya did not have to do much. We could have beat them. It's one thing when you lose your wickets to good bowling, it's another, when you give it away.

Anyways. Kenya goes through to super sixes because at 16 points, they will get preference over Sri Lanka and new Zealand because they have defeated them. Don't know how Lanka lost but with their luck they got a bye from NZ, in a match where they would have lost easily. I'd be happy if NZ gets out. That'll teach them. It's common knowledge that you are safer in Kenya than South Africa. Heck, the Lankan's played there (and lost - may be connection), no big news there.

Anyways, kenya top NZ and SL because they beat both sides. So, they move on.
Old March 1, 2003, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Got it!
Old March 1, 2003, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Tehsin Bhai, I think Kenya deserves some respect after all this. Winning 4 matches out of 5 is no fluke. And of all people, WE, the Bangladeshi supporters, don't have the priviledge to disparage their effort.

Life is tough. You earn respect by showing what you can do. Nobody respects a person based on his ego or what he could have done.

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by Arnab]
Old March 1, 2003, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Exactly. Kenya said that they were hoping to go to the super sixes and thats exactly where they are. Sure they got helped along the way by NZ, but thats not their fault. If SL beat SA, and Kenya, SL and NZ go through, Kenya will take full 4 points to the super sixes stage. Thats amazing. It means one upset win in the super sixes and they will be in the semis. Unlikely to happen, but they are giving themselves every opportunity. I think the Kenyans deserve a lot of respect for the way they stuck to their task. They chased 197 against Canada, defended 210 against SL and 218 against us.

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by Sham]
Old March 1, 2003, 02:41 PM
Club Cricketer

Bangladesh is fuc.ked up
Old March 1, 2003, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Default I hate to admit it...

...but Mohammad has summed up everything quite nicely.

Anyway, hats off to Kenya: they are, have been, and probably will be (for some time) a whole lot better than us. They deserve to be in the Super Sixes...let's see whether they can pull off another upset win.
Old March 1, 2003, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

If Kenya, New Zealand and Sri Lanka go thru then Kenya goes into Super Sixes with 10 points
Old March 1, 2003, 09:15 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default :)

They could be better then us (despite being all nervous and lucky during the match) but they are no super league material. Did you know that they couldn't even get 30 players to make a camp for the world cup ? Even in their final 15, they had to bring in retired players to make up the 15.

Anyways, they won. However, they do not deserve to be in the Super league. A team who can barely beat Bangladesh against teams who can send in their school kids to beat our team ? NAAH.
Old March 1, 2003, 09:54 PM
Club Cricketer

Kenya's bowling attack is very poor, They're main weapon was spinners of which two of them were part time. I thought Bangladesh were comfortable with spin(spin wickets in asia), how wrong I was. Only player that can play spin is Akram. Officially they are the worst team in the world cup.

Kenya will get hammered in super sixes.
Bangladesh will struggle to beat teams such as USA, Argentina, PNG, Hong Kong and Ireland. They are the laughing stock of the world and it's sad because these players are professional's and will still get their salary. Instead of paying them, they should be fined for putting up such a pathetic performance in the world cup.
If Saddam Hussein was in power in Bangladesh then theses players would've claimed asylum in SA as if they went back then they would've been tortured.
How do other players feel about this performance, I mean the ones that were left out such as Golla, Opee, Bulbul, Nannu.

Old March 1, 2003, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Kenya

With all due respect to kenya, who are probably better than bangladesh, i feel they are just not good enough for the super six.

Just winning against one test nation does not make you good enough.

For instance sri lanka beat both west indies and new zealand but still are not sure of qualification while kenya already qualified after one only one quality win.

and as for carrying points ot the next stage it has some advantages.

but now if sl wins against sa and sl , nz and kenya all progress, it is possible that kenya will get trashed in all their 3 super six games by 9 wickets or so and still make the semi finals. How ridiculous can u get?

Minority countries need all the encouragement they can get but not at the expense of spoiling the quality.

can u imagine china or saudia makign football wc semis after one shock win and 4 trashings by 3-4 goals?
Old March 2, 2003, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Default stop the WHINING, fellow Bangladeshis

Please stop the whining!

Don't add salt on our wounds by this nagging whining about whether kenya is good enough to get to the Super Sixes, whether they will get thrashed once they get there, etc. Who cares? They got in. Be big enough to realize it was not just because NZ did not play them, but also because they BEAT NOT ONE BUT TWO TEST TEAMS FAIR AND SQUARE.

Tehsin, I am surprised to find you in this group.

As for the last poster, excuse me, have you stopped to think about what you are saying? How did Bangladesh get test status? After how many victories? What has Bangaldesh done to the quality of test cricket and one day cricket?

Kenya doesn't have enough money to build their infrsatructure. That's why they have 20 players in the whole country. And those 20 have made a habit of beating our lazy behinds everytime we play!
Old March 2, 2003, 08:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Well i was not talking about test status.
i was just saying that if kenya loses all its super six matches by big margins it does not deserve to be in the semi finals.

However, thanks to the current screwed up rules, kenya might go to the semi finals even if australia, india and the 3rd team trash the hell out of them.

This is what was about to happen to zimbabwe last wc. they won none of their super sixes match but were about to gone on to the semi finals but for nz beating india.

Michael Holding definitely has a point when he says that the wc has been undermined.

Old March 3, 2003, 06:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Kenya can top Pool B ???

If Kenya beats WI, it tops Pool B with 20 points!

Kenya will go into super-6 with 10 points atleast if SL and NZ go too. If they beat WI, they go with 11 then and top the group. It can beat Ind/Eng and with it, it can easily reach the semi-finals!