facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old May 1, 2010, 05:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Shakib is lanky and skinny, and he doesnt have the power that Ashraful has. He got tired after he got to 30 runs.

Shakib was stopping the play to sit down and catch up on his breath, Ashraful was just fine. He wasnt tired, as he played couple of more shots and was running with no trouble even after Shakib got out.

Shakib got out playing a tiring shot, he could have easily cleared it, if he wasnt tired, like he was doing earlier. Ashraful got out playing a dumb shot, not a tiring shot.

Ameer's ball that got Ashraful's wicket wasnt anything special. It was Ashraful's mistake to try and do what he did. He got himself out.

Situation demanded Ashraful to stay there, not play dumb shot and get out.

I really dont think you'd understand any of it. B.c that post of yours was a 3rd grade standard. So dont bother
Your post itself makes Ashraful lookms much better thna Sakib. Why would he get tired before Ashraful in such a visible way when he came in 5 overs after Ash? To get tired in 10 overs for a supposedely elite international athlete is disappointing. Ashraful said he would work on his fitness and he obviously did. I suspect maybe Sakib had some kind of virus. Otherwise its only his own fault that he got tired.

But you know what! Why are you guys even trying to put one down to glorify the other? They both did very well, which can't be said of any of our bowlers barring the wonderful Shafi & Shakib. They were the ones that sank us, not these two. Razzak sucks nowadays.

Old May 1, 2010, 05:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I am not lowering Shakib by mentioning that he got tired. It was very humid today, but as a international player you cant really get tired in 10 overs, you gotta be more fit. But thats what happened, and he got out playing a proper but powerless shot. But Ash had the power, but he played a dumb shot, when he could have just hit 3 straight 6s and won us the game. And if he was there till the end, he may have just won us the game will an over to spare.

And thats all i am saying, Ash didn't get out to his tiredness, nor the ball was any special, nor the situation demanded that shot. He gifted his wicket, like he always does.. but for some reason, this 1 hurt a lot more
Old May 1, 2010, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Something happened to Shakib at that point today, may be it was some kind of cramp or dehydration or something... he is a bowler who can bowl 30+ overs in a day, so fitness is definitely not a problem for him.
Old May 1, 2010, 06:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Something happened to Shakib at that point today, may be it was some kind of cramp or dehydration or something... he is a bowler who can bowl 30+ overs in a day, so fitness is definitely not a problem for him.
you stole words from my mouth. thats exactly what im thinking. Its unsusal for him to get tired so early and easily. a person who can bowl endless overs and he has obviously played long innings before.
Old May 1, 2010, 06:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Shakib is lanky and skinny, and he doesnt have the power that Ashraful has. He got tired after he got to 30 runs.

Shakib was stopping the play to sit down and catch up on his breath, Ashraful was just fine. He wasnt tired, as he played couple of more shots and was running with no trouble even after Shakib got out.

Shakib got out playing a tiring shot, he could have easily cleared it, if he wasnt tired, like he was doing earlier. Ashraful got out playing a dumb shot, not a tiring shot.

Ameer's ball that got Ashraful's wicket wasnt anything special. It was Ashraful's mistake to try and do what he did. He got himself out.

Situation demanded Ashraful to stay there, not play dumb shot and get out.

I really dont think you'd understand any of it. B.c that post of yours was a 3rd grade standard. So dont bother
That is so lame bro..your actually giving a free pass 2 shakib and your going all off on ash? That is absolutely ridiculous..I understand shakib bowled and then had 2 bat so he was tired but still he shouldnt have gotten out..I will give him slack but they are professional athletes and at the end of the day if a player gets out like that, there is just no excuse..he just seemed out of breath..not even cramping up..he really needed 2 stay there till the end or near..you have 2 give blame 2 shakib no matter what and also 2 ash..saying he got out because he was tired and he deserves a total free pass is unfair..at the end of the day he and ash got out 2 silly shots..also if he was that tired he should have just given the strike 2 ash by focusing on singles..if he was that tired then he shouldnt have tried 2 hit boundaries..they needed about 10 runs an over at that stage and they needed 2 boundaries each over..shak could have been the man 2 hit the singles while ash could have hit the boundaries..
Old May 1, 2010, 07:56 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I am not giving Shakib a free pass.

All i am saying, Shakib did NOT gift his wicket away, but Ashraful did.

End of story..
Old May 1, 2010, 07:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Some 1 said Ash was loling, and some 1 said he was crying/ which 1 is true?
Old May 1, 2010, 08:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Old May 1, 2010, 08:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I am not giving Shakib a free pass.

All i am saying, Shakib did NOT gift his wicket away, but Ashraful did.

End of story..
you dont call hitting an unnecessary shot straight 2 the fielder throwing away your wicket? I'm not trying 2 pick on you bro but you have 2 fault shakib here..I mean dont get me wrong, Im a big fan of shakib and I really give him credit 4 doing so well with the bat and ball, add to that, his captaincy..but under the circumstances he really played a poor shot when the team needed him 2 stay..even if you ask him he will probably say that him being tired is not an excuse 4 that shot..shakibs a tough kid and has been through a lot more..no matter what you say he didnt play the smartest shot there..
Old May 1, 2010, 08:26 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

And here is the thing, at that point we needed them to play shots. (51 of 28). I wouldnt say it was unnecessary, I guess thats where opinion differences comes in. He had to go for it, but he was out of battery and he couldn't clear it, unlike the other 3 6s he had hit, he cleared those by miles. If he wasn't tired he would have cleared it. Should hear what the commies were saying. And there's where I am giving him a 'free pass'.

And on the other hand Ash was still had lot of fire, he was still clearing the boundary, but he gave it away. He could have easily played proper cricket and finished the game. There was no need to do that at that point. IF, IF he had gotten out the way Shakib got out, I wouldnt have bashed Ash. B/c the shot was on, the shot was nessecary, and I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that if Ash had gone for Shakib's shot he woulda been out. He would've cleared the ropes easily!

May be some of you are confused about what i am saying here, let me break it down.

I am not bashing his innings. Great innings.I am bashing his shot selection.

I am not blaming Shakib, because he got out playing a proper shot, which 1 on, but got out b/c he really was troubling out there. If Shakib played scoop (like he always does) and had gotten out, I wouldnt have any sympathy for him. Woulda bashed him like Ashfool

Hope I cleared my thoughts here
Old May 1, 2010, 08:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Something did.. He wasnt looking good at all. I thought he was about to pull a Opi and through up. that would have been embarrassin

After that he took another real quick double. And the hit a powerless shot and got out
Old May 1, 2010, 10:41 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

The full highlights have been uploaded here:
http://bangladeshtalks.com/index.php?topic=475.0
Old May 1, 2010, 10:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
And here is the thing, at that point we needed them to play shots. (51 of 28). I wouldnt say it was unnecessary, I guess thats where opinion differences comes in. He had to go for it, but he was out of battery and he couldn't clear it, unlike the other 3 6s he had hit, he cleared those by miles. If he wasn't tired he would have cleared it. Should hear what the commies were saying. And there's where I am giving him a 'free pass'.

And on the other hand Ash was still had lot of fire, he was still clearing the boundary, but he gave it away. He could have easily played proper cricket and finished the game. There was no need to do that at that point. IF, IF he had gotten out the way Shakib got out, I wouldnt have bashed Ash. B/c the shot was on, the shot was nessecary, and I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that if Ash had gone for Shakib's shot he woulda been out. He would've cleared the ropes easily!

May be some of you are confused about what i am saying here, let me break it down.

I am not bashing his innings. Great innings.I am bashing his shot selection.

I am not blaming Shakib, because he got out playing a proper shot, which 1 on, but got out b/c he really was troubling out there. If Shakib played scoop (like he always does) and had gotten out, I wouldnt have any sympathy for him. Woulda bashed him like Ashfool

Hope I cleared my thoughts here
Thats much better dilscoop..I dont know if you realized but that was much better written post compared 2 ur others ones and you made yourself a lot clearer..i disagree that he should have gone with that shot but we both have different views and thats completely fine..as long as you dont look very 1 sided with the players its all good..
Old May 1, 2010, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Tough luck Bangladesh. I think the experience of winning T20 games cost us the game, had Ashraful or Shakib stayed in for another 2-3 overs, or if Nayeem did anything similar to what he did against Indians in last T20, the story could have been different.
I think its high time Razzak gets kicked out of the team, bring in Saqlain, Enamul, use Shuvo as another spinner, but please let Razzak have a break. He has shown this quite often in recent times that he needs some serious work to be done with.
Also good to see Mash getting nearer to his peak, hopefully we can pull off something spectacular against the Aussies.
Old May 2, 2010, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Lack of Professionalism that come out with lack of planning.
Old May 2, 2010, 02:48 AM
Cricket Legend

We played well but we lack quality finishers.naeem,riyad,mushfiq are useless.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Last edited by hoodlum; May 2, 2010 at 03:13 AM..
Old May 2, 2010, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Cricinfo didn't report anything on the post match press conference. Anyone knows what the Coach and the Captain said?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 2, 2010, 03:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Cricinfo didn't report anything on the post match press conference. Anyone knows what the Coach and the Captain said?
No news Hasan bhai.
You know all papers are closed today due to May day vacation.
Old May 2, 2010, 05:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean williams

ashrafull played very well
Old May 2, 2010, 05:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I dont know why you guys here are arguing about Ash and shakib, they are not the only 2 batsmen in the team. They tried their best, but both got out to useless shots, especially Ash, I think he got a brain f---rt, He is brainless to have attemped that shot, I hope that he never attempts that shot again. I was happy to see that he made his highest T20 score.
Now something was definitely wrong with Shakib, He has bowled and batted for longer period in the WI last year. He got out to a poor and weak shot. Now Imrul, Tamim, Riad, Mash, Mushy and Nayeem all failed. If they had contributed a few runs. i am sure that BD would have won.
In the bowling, Shakib sets a defensive field, not an attacking field, too many singles and twos were allowed. Seem that they played this like an ODI. Still, inspite of all the batting failures, I must say that they did OK to reach that score.
I think that it will be tougher against the Aussies who always goes for the kill. pakistan played very moderately here, but I am sure that they will improve their game against the aussies.
Old May 2, 2010, 05:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaHiMa
Our batting was fine ...bowling was just terrible!
Gotta give BD credit for putting up somewhat of a fight in the 2nd innings. This was against the t20 champs, so it wasn't so bad.

Next mission: The Aussies!
Are you serious? Batting was horrible with the exception of Ash and Shakib, rest showed that they had no clue and crumbled under pressure. Unacceptable batting for the ones that got out so quickly. I thought that Aftab should have played, why did they put a rookie in the form of Shuvo?
Old May 2, 2010, 08:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Are you serious? Batting was horrible with the exception of Ash and Shakib, rest showed that they had no clue and crumbled under pressure. Unacceptable batting for the ones that got out so quickly. I thought that Aftab should have played, why did they put a rookie in the form of Shuvo?
Did you see pakistans batting? Butt and Akmal did great but then shahid afridi really struggled 2 time his shots..misbah and razzaq didnt hit any boundaries either..wat does this say? The pitch was not that great 4 batting..the ball was not coming on to the bat nicely which forced the batsmen 2 having 2 settle in..so ash/shak were the 2 set batsmen and really needed 2 continue..i would say imrul failed big time because he had time 2 settle in but went with a poor shot..tamim was injured so I'll be light on him but still got out 2 a bad shot..the rest I cant really blame..they needed time 2 settle in and unfortunately they didnt..
Old May 2, 2010, 08:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Did you see pakistans batting? Butt and Akmal did great but then shahid afridi really struggled 2 time his shots..misbah and razzaq didnt hit any boundaries either..wat does this say? The pitch was not that great 4 batting..the ball was not coming on to the bat nicely which forced the batsmen 2 having 2 settle in..so ash/shak were the 2 set batsmen and really needed 2 continue..i would say imrul failed big time because he had time 2 settle in but went with a poor shot..tamim was injured so I'll be light on him but still got out 2 a bad shot..the rest I cant really blame..they needed time 2 settle in and unfortunately they didnt..
pakistan could not score a boundary in the last 6 overs and they had stroke players like afridi, razzaq and misbah on the crease, it was tough to play big shots using only brute force
Old May 2, 2010, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
pakistan could not score a boundary in the last 6 overs and they had stroke players like afridi, razzaq and misbah on the crease, it was tough to play big shots using only brute force
exactly..so saying that mahmud, naeem, and mushy failing is not fair..pakis batting was not good in the end either..our bowling is mainly at fault here..we needed 2 break that opening partnership early 2 expose their brittle batting lineup..
Old May 2, 2010, 08:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

We definitely misread the pitch. This was a pacer's wicket not a spinner's wicket. South Africa are playing five pacers and they are making India struggle. Rubel would have been effective on this wicket especially given how fragile the Pakistan top order is facing that extra yard of pace. Even Sami and Amir got good returns from the pitch whereas their spinners Afridi and Ajmal struggled. But instead a top order batsman was dropped to accommodate a rookie spinner who ended up bowling only 1 over. So another failure from the management even before the match had started.

Last edited by Equinox; May 2, 2010 at 09:01 AM..