facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 29, 2005, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Dont forget that many of these buildings can only be completed so fast because labourer arent paid for months on end, so it puts less of a strain on the companies..........

Then again, the UAE is much better in most aspects than any other Arab country

Old November 29, 2005, 10:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84

yeah thanks to those unpaid labourer....

how is UAE so better off when they make posh builidings and cant even pay those labourer in timely fashion?? not to mention those arabs are making fortune out of oil...

In my opinion, UAE is one of those wannabe "rich, modern" but inside it is as rotten as iraq....
Old November 29, 2005, 10:23 AM
Test Cricketer

btw i forgot to mention that without south asian labourers, dubai is as good as siberia.....i cant picture oil rich arabs tolling under hot desert sun.....

lets face it those guys cant even afford a proper cricket team with atleast 2 arabs in it!!

Edited on, November 29, 2005, 3:23 PM GMT, by tiger_man.
Old November 29, 2005, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
Quote:

yeah thanks to those unpaid labourer....

how is UAE so better off when they make posh builidings and cant even pay those labourer in timely fashion?? not to mention those arabs are making fortune out of oil...

In my opinion, UAE is one of those wannabe "rich, modern" but inside it is as rotten as iraq....
Do you think other Arab countries fare much better?
In Saudia women cant drive muttawas beat people around, UAE has a very progressive atmosphere compared to that. And salary problems are more endemic there. Do you know that an employee cant leave Saudia even for a vacation unless his employer approves?

As rotten as Iraq? Alhamdulillah UAE is one of the safest places on earth.......

Human rights are respected more here than in arab countries where people routinely disappear and are killed

As for not paying salaries, heres a surprise..........
In many cases its egyptian, indian and BANGLADESHI employers not paying salaries........

Of course the UAE is to blame for not enforcing salary rules strictly enough even though that is gradually changing.

The UAE was blessed with a great leader in Shaikh Zayed, and heres the main difference between UAE and most other oil countries:

UAE has many of the ills but at the same time they also provided and spent for its people, so they have an excellent infrastructure and a good standard of living.
Old November 29, 2005, 12:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteguy
Quote:
Its sad that they never really invested in research, or good universities.
Why do you think that is??
Tunnel vision.
Old November 30, 2005, 07:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Do you think other Arab countries fare much better?
In Saudia women cant drive muttawas beat people around, UAE has a very progressive atmosphere compared to that. And salary problems are more endemic there. Do you know that an employee cant leave Saudia even for a vacation unless his employer approves?

As rotten as Iraq? Alhamdulillah UAE is one of the safest places on earth.......

Human rights are respected more here than in arab countries where people routinely disappear and are killed

As for not paying salaries, heres a surprise..........
In many cases its egyptian, indian and BANGLADESHI employers not paying salaries........

Of course the UAE is to blame for not enforcing salary rules strictly enough even though that is gradually changing.

The UAE was blessed with a great leader in Shaikh Zayed, and heres the main difference between UAE and most other oil countries:

UAE has many of the ills but at the same time they also provided and spent for its people, so they have an excellent infrastructure and a good standard of living.
first of all i dont get what saudi women being not able to drive has to do with this issue.......that country is a goner...no wonder all renowned terrorist come from there...

secondly, indian bangladeshi employers are mostly MIDDLE MANAGERS who are there to hire nd fire workers nd supervise....on top of them are the arabs sitting on their a$$ and counting gallons of oil going into american containers....

those guys at top level should be responsible for salary issues and dont tell me they arent aware of it...

dude..i have spent time in abu dhabi almost a year nd half and i know how crooked things are...
Old November 30, 2005, 08:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Tiger_man. Try to make your points with some respect. BG84 clearly has pride in his adopted country, can't you see that? So dis it, critisize it, with some respest. (It's a gonner, etc.)

I guess I know how it feels to be dissed here, by you too. You called me a moron the other day, for my views.

chill dude1 We all have our problems man, all countries, all people's.

Edited on, November 30, 2005, 1:25 PM GMT, by whiteguy.
Old November 30, 2005, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
Quote:

first of all i dont get what saudi women being not able to drive has to do with this issue.......that country is a goner...no wonder all renowned terrorist come from there...

secondly, indian bangladeshi employers are mostly MIDDLE MANAGERS who are there to hire nd fire workers nd supervise....on top of them are the arabs sitting on their a$$ and counting gallons of oil going into american containers....

those guys at top level should be responsible for salary issues and dont tell me they arent aware of it...

dude..i have spent time in abu dhabi almost a year nd half and i know how crooked things are...
I never said that its only sub continentals who are responsible for the salary fiascoes.

Its a combination of all nationalities. The hierarchy that you mentioned is found in govt companies. Govt companies almost always pay salaries on time

In most small private companies, where the largest salary problem cases are found, the "employers" are mostly egyptian, or indians.

Bangladeshis are less prevalent. One of my close friends dad had this problem, his Bangladeshi boss ( who was the business owner) refused to to pay him on time, causing a lot of problems.......

You cannot catergorize everythign into one category. A problem exists and i know pretty that the responsiobility lies nto onyl with arabs btu with all business owners who dont poay on time ,and this category includes people of all nationalities.
Old December 2, 2005, 01:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Tiger_man. Try to make your points with some respect
you make your points very respectful particularly when it comes to religious stuff...i havent forgotten when you said that our Prophet (PBUH) was "propagating"...sent blood boiling to my head....besides i wasnt speculating...i am telling what happened...

Quote:
BG84 clearly has pride in his adopted country, can't you see that?
do i care anyless??? yeah dubai is big nice and tall and i am not criticising his adopted country...i am criticising the arabs living there.....

Quote:
You called me a moron the other day, for my views.
you cant blame me if your views are moronic....atleast half the ppl here thinks so....

Quote:
chill dude1 We all have our problems man, all countries, all people's
yeah i know....so no harm discussing it is it?? i also criticise BD coz we got more probs than any sorry nation out there...

Edited on, December 2, 2005, 6:51 AM GMT, by tiger_man.
Old December 2, 2005, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

[quote]Originally posted by tiger_man
Quote:

Quote:
BG84 clearly has pride in his adopted country, can't you see that?
do i care anyless??? yeah dubai is big nice and tall and i am not criticising his adopted country...i am criticising the arabs living there.....

Edited on, December 2, 2005, 6:51 AM GMT, by tiger_man.
As usual WG hijacked my points

Firts of all UAE is not my country. All points i made were based on objectivitiy. I critisize many aspects of life here, and if you read up you will see i have done that here in this thread as well.

Secondly, all i pointed out was that its not just native arabs who are responsible for salary payments. There are many "Arab expats, i.e. egyptian, syrians" who are worst of the lot and indians as well .And to a much lesser extent some bangladeshis.

Do you know that some of the most gruesome murders in the UAE have been done by bangladeshis?

Two brothers killed their stepbrother for some insurance money, then more recently 5 bengali guys strangled a 75 year old man while he was praying , and ran away with the sum of ........150$.

And no, i followed those cases closely, it was not that they were very poort, it was greed that made them commit the crimes.
Old December 2, 2005, 02:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
[i]i havent forgotten when you said that our Prophet (PBUH) was "propagating"...i]
Is that why you've been mad all this time? I sense it in your writing style. I pick up your emotion. Listen, you know that I knew nothing about YOUR religion when I started posting here. It was unreasonable for you to get upset, in my view. I don't even know what you are talking about, and all this time you've been mad. silly.