facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old February 13, 2010, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel
lol chill out man. What do you expect me to do? Sell lemonade to raise money for cyclone victims? I can make, what, like 10 bucks or something? Do i have to be the perfect bengali to give advice on a country that i root for in many areas? Sounds like you are pretty prejudiced and only want people who are like you to speak. Yeah i may be sitting on my ***, but maybe that is why my opinion may be more credible than others. I don't have any emotional attachments with dhaka and can thus, give a more objective point of view on the city. Is it wrong to bring a different pov into play? Isn't that what democracy is all about? Or are only people ,who went to kfc or bfc or nando's or white castle or skyroom or any other foreign franchise restaurant sipped a coke, munched a big chicken drumstick and discussed the bollywood beauties, allowed to speak?

And how am i against you? Things will never get done if we just ignore stuff because our family lives there and etc.
fail.

Old February 13, 2010, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Song recalling scenario of old Dhaka

Modern Song on Dhaka

Famous Cinema Song on Dhaka
ঢাকার শহর আইসা আমার আশা ফুরাইছে

one of the crappiest songs by Tishma
Old February 13, 2010, 07:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Dude, the rankings are not "statistics". It's a subjective survey, otherwise no sane person would rank Lagos and Mogadishu higher than Dhaka.
Exactly. I have actually studied how flawed these type of "studies" are and it is even more pathetic when they are presented as statistics or people take them to be statistics.

I agree with mona, Dhaka has deep problems which need to be fixed. Very recently showed by the fire in Japan Garden City. However I don't agree with calling people "parasites", it is not their fault Dhaka is the only place in the country where they can make a decent living and rise up the social ladder.

I also agree with Rabz bhai. Even with the problems Dhaka is my favourite city. I wouldn't have any complaints going back and living there now. But I do realise that not every one has the same life in Dhaka. There are people who have to struggle really bad to survive a day there.
Old February 13, 2010, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
I think Vancouver is too dead to be at number 1. Isn't leisure/culture a part of the criteria? And I'm not talking about going skiing every weekend at Whistler. I love Vancouver though, perfect for me.

Plus, Perth and Adelaide ahead of Brisbane? Puh-lease. Clearly this list has issues.

Ahhh.. Dhaka. That city reminds me of a circus. No, a zoo, where all the animals have been let loose. It's sick and needs help. It's infected with millions of parasites also known as the middle and upper classes.

Just read this http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=22175

I understand the love for it, it feels so much like home even for me. We got the lucky end of the stick though. The problems are undeniable, it can't continue in this way.
I think your style of talking is just like trash and garbage. Please learn how to respect others while communicating in a civil society. IMHO you should ask for apology; not to me, to the millions of people living in Dhaka.
Old February 13, 2010, 10:06 AM
Forever Bangy

Thanks Rabz bhai for forcing me to respond.

Firstly, I apologise if anyone took offence to me using the 'P' word, I didn't mean to direct it at anyone in particular and certainly didn't mean it in any sort of vicious way. I think some members would be wise to remember that I too am Bangladeshi and know that I have a huge family residing in Dhaka, all of whom belong to the aforementioned classes. I would never say anything offensive about them, let alone the numerous good people out there whom I don't even know.

So, I don't apologise for using the word. To me it just means people (or micro organisms) living/prospering at the direct expense of others.

Please let me elaborate.

Servants (?slaves) work in almost every household. Many, no most, of these are children and from what I've seen there are sometimes more than one of them in the one household. There are only a couple of things that children should ever be doing - going to school and playing. Some may argue, that though education should be a basic right, some children are less equal than others and should be thanking their lucky stars to be working and not be on the streets. Well, clearly, f*** you. For the part of many employers, they have started to send the kids to school. The family always comes first though, and if there's a wedding or something else going on, school-e jaoa bondho. To me all of this is class A parasitic behaviour. If someone would like to enchant us with a story about how their family is supremely compassionate to their beloved servants, treat them as one of the family, etc by all means.. But bottom line is - however well they are treated they still sleep on the floor, they're still expected to be at the beck and call of their master, they still have a messed up education, they still get yelled at, sometimes hit, if something goes wrong and they are still the first to be suspected if something goes missing. This, apparently, is an acceptable way to treat someone, a child.

One thing I love about Australia and countries like it is the self-sufficiency that is required to live here. We all hate cleaning the house and washing up but that's what life is. It's not leaving your dinner plates on the dining table after you're done so that some little unknown will take it away and you won't see it again until the next meal. People don't have huge families anymore where help is required because of the sheer volume of duties. What is it about life in Bangladesh now that requires everyone to have servants?

Next, I can talk about cars. On a personal annoyance level, the traffic in Dhaka ranks top of my list. Shobai 5 minute bachaite jeye, dher ghontar traffic jam lagai dey. It's every man for himself on Dhaka roads. Who cares about things like traffic lights and road rules, they are for losers with patience and the ability to see that they were created for a reason. Obviously the traffic problem is multifactorial, most important being a lack of proper public transport, still the entire system reeks of selfishness and inconsiderateness.

There are other things such as housing which I could also talk about, but this is long enough already.

My point is, no one means to do anything bad. As Rabz bhai mentioned, everyone is just trying to get by and live their own lives. I know a lot of people and have heard of a lot of people who do a lot of good work. But everybody, quite unknowingly, contributes to the continuing destruction of the city and its most disadvantaged people. I don't want to lose the city because people have just accepted the way of life there and won't push for change. Because I love it, I really do.
Old February 13, 2010, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

^^^ Great Post
Old February 13, 2010, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

According to Mona, middle class is parasite for hiring kajer lok, and rich people and politicians are keeping the city safe by providing garments factory jobs and political unrest. good thinking. What you bring up (and I totally agree - yes shocking) is a very very tiny part of a very big social, political and economic problem.
Old February 13, 2010, 11:08 AM
Banned

Poverty knows no law.
Dhaka is living hell on earth. There is no point blaming and pointing fingers at others. The present state of Dhaka is a manifestation of years of maladministration, poverty and deprivation. We are all responsible for it including our grandparents.
They never thought about making Dhaka a better place.
Old February 13, 2010, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
Poverty knows no law.
Dhaka is living hell on earth. There is no point blaming and pointing fingers at others. The present state of Dhaka is a manifestation of years of maladministration, poverty and deprivation. We are all responsible for it including our grandparents.
They never thought about making Dhaka a better place.
I concur.
Old February 13, 2010, 11:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hahahahzahahah......this thread is a perfect example, good example on showing how WE, so quickly jump on each other and so quickly go into harsh insult to each other (who are not our ENEMIES, abductors or torturers!), when no Pakistani Army invasion of 1971, Indian Army invasion of any kind, Greg Chappell, Ian Chappell, Tony Greg or Virendrar Shewag's negetive comments, Awami-BNP-Jamat-Chatra League/Dol/Shibbir murders and hiding bodies in manholes, Pilkhana massacre even needed, or no real seperation or difference between us (this specific conversing group)at all, most of these (we) people fighting and mud throwing at each other are most likely coming from the same religion as well - still we fight and create an environment/atmosphere to do this, do we know how shameful and low that is??....Hahahaahahaha.....well I make and made a lot of shameful mistake always, why not we all..hahaha! This is sad!

Ohh..while we are doing this Dhaka is getting further fracked! Yeah comon apas and bhais, let's start an organization like SaveDhaka.org and start something and donate money in it and soemhow use it to improve at least a small old part of dhaka! Ki laabh bhais jhogra kore? Aaar arekjoner mone koshto die?

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 13, 2010 at 11:26 AM..
Old February 13, 2010, 12:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Mona Darling, dont worry, you dont have to apologise.

I was fuming a lot at first, then i realised, you are a living proof of "parasite" export.
Oh, my mistake, its your parent thats a parasite but they managed to ship out. And since you live in a civilised world, you must be a proper tree. By your own words from some other thread,

Quote:
Bangladesh isn't civilised, so I expect no more from it.
Dont want to go into a lengthy discussion about kajer bua's, cars in the street and housing problems out of many, in this thread. Someone feels compelled to, can open another thread and i can bang my reasons with ms bangy, if i can manage to get a time out of my parasitical activities of infesting the society.

I would also invite my 5 million other friends from "Dhaka Parasite Club" to drive our 1 crore a piece BMW, gulp our yabas, dance in the fuwang club all night long with the neo-whores of Dhaka Night Life. Then we will cool it off with a nice joint and then we get the munchies, we'd head off to KFC to hump their chickens,oops, i mean eat them.
And then, when i'd run out of steam, i'd just hide behind the mask.

The thing is ms bangy, God forbid by any chance, if your parents were unlucky enough not to leave this country, you would also have those ill fated kajer bua's in your home.

I'm also glad that you got the chance to go all the way to University of White Bananas instead of Jigatala Girls High School and Habibullah Bahar College. I sincerly hope that you would make the most of it.

As for me, time to gulp in some more yabas.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 13, 2010, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

rabz that post was kinda sexist.

Quote:
Oh, my mistake, its your parent thats a parasite but they managed to ship out.
kids kids.... what is this?
Old February 13, 2010, 12:32 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

hmm!
What mona said in her first post is totally unacceptable. Sorry mona, I must say you chose a very harsh word while making your point. You should apologise for using that word. An apology will not do any harm - trust me.

Yes, we all know dhaka is sick and needs help but the point you were trying to make in your 2nd post is too silly in the context.

I was born in dhaka and never lived any other city other than it until I move to Canada 7 yrs ago. My whole life evolves with this city. I know dhaka has thousands of problems but still I would love to live in dhaka than the #1 ranking canadian city any day. Today I was in Dhaka University area for pohela falgun celebration.....the boi mela chottor, charu kolar bokul tola.....amar desher manusher eto sundhor participation ami ar kothay pabo! Dhaka is the best city for me. Love Dhaka.

today's few pics from charu kola -

Old February 13, 2010, 12:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Yes Orphy, good chance i was.
What can i do?? I live in an uncivilized country.
Old February 13, 2010, 01:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Now Sarajevo, that was once a very beautiful city...shalar Serbs aar Slobodan Milosevic, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic as well as Milorad Trbic, Milenko Trifunovic, Brano Dzinic, Aleksandar Radovanovic, Milos Stupar, Slobodan Jakovljevic, Branislav Medan and Petar Mitrovic messed it up!

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 13, 2010 at 01:10 PM..
Old February 13, 2010, 01:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Javed bhai, can i throw in some vowels for you???

Oh, you forgot one name,
Semen Farteyvich.
Old February 13, 2010, 01:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Now Sarajevo, that was once a very beautiful city...shalar Serbs aar Slobodan Milosevic, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic as well as Milorad Trbic, Milenko Trifunovic, Brano Dzinic, Aleksandar Radovanovic, Milos Stupar, Slobodan Jakovljevic, Branislav Medan and Petar Mitrovic messed it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Javed bhai, can i throw in some vowels for you???

Oh, you forgot one name,
Semen Farteyvich.
Arrey dada, edreke (ai haramjada/shalader) Dhaka-e ene juta peta + fashi dewa dorkaar! U.N. er gushti killai!
Old February 13, 2010, 01:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal

Arrey bhais and apas abar dekhen addidas backpack-er zipper khola...abar ekjon public-er dui nomobori haat or kandher upor dia dekha jai, ki jani churi korte korte camerai chobita uthlo naa!!! ------------>
^^Ai hai, dekhen dekhen, shishu bacchara langta hoe panite frolic kortese aar shishu kortese...ki bandor ei prokhkhatto sculptor!
Old February 13, 2010, 01:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

The survey is flawed because Lagos, Accra, Rangoon, Addis Ababa, Freetown are much worse than Dhaka.

The reason surveyors did not like Dhaka may be over population and its negative impact on very insufficient infrastructure, which is not available in the above cities.

Our city planners, engineers are incompetent, greedy and corrupt protected by even more corrupt and greedier politicians, they do not care for this beautiful and historical city, they only care for their bank accounts and assets.

I am afraid much worse days are ahead of this unique cultural city.

Old February 13, 2010, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Toronto 4th?? Thats soo fail. It shouldnt even be in the top 10. Both Barcelona and Paris are better cities to live in than Toronto. Toronto subway system is soo crap. And everything is old.
Old February 13, 2010, 02:15 PM
Cricket Sage

BK bhai Bronx er naam tow list e dekhlam nah??
Old February 13, 2010, 05:41 PM
Cricket Guru

WOAH! Whats happening in here?
Now that I look at the rankings more closely....why are we ranked beneath Karachi? That place gets bombed 100 times a day! How are they better than us? This is B***S****!
Dhaka maybe a living hell, but there is just something about Dhaka that makes it so great! Life is so colourful there and everyone is so happy. Its not like Melbourne, where more than half the population suffer from depression ( I like happy places).
I mean, if I ever go to Dhaka and there is no traffic jams and the place is not crowed... it seriously won't feel like Dhaka.
Old February 13, 2010, 09:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
And then, when i'd run out of steam, i'd just hide behind the mask.
Good for you.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 14, 2010, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thanks Rabz bhai for forcing me to respond.

Firstly, I apologise if anyone took offence to me using the 'P' word, I didn't mean to direct it at anyone in particular and certainly didn't mean it in any sort of vicious way. I think some members would be wise to remember that I too am Bangladeshi and know that I have a huge family residing in Dhaka, all of whom belong to the aforementioned classes. I would never say anything offensive about them, let alone the numerous good people out there whom I don't even know.

So, I don't apologise for using the word. To me it just means people (or micro organisms) living/prospering at the direct expense of others.

Please let me elaborate.

Servants (?slaves) work in almost every household. Many, no most, of these are children and from what I've seen there are sometimes more than one of them in the one household. There are only a couple of things that children should ever be doing - going to school and playing. Some may argue, that though education should be a basic right, some children are less equal than others and should be thanking their lucky stars to be working and not be on the streets. Well, clearly, f*** you. For the part of many employers, they have started to send the kids to school. The family always comes first though, and if there's a wedding or something else going on, school-e jaoa bondho. To me all of this is class A parasitic behaviour. If someone would like to enchant us with a story about how their family is supremely compassionate to their beloved servants, treat them as one of the family, etc by all means.. But bottom line is - however well they are treated they still sleep on the floor, they're still expected to be at the beck and call of their master, they still have a messed up education, they still get yelled at, sometimes hit, if something goes wrong and they are still the first to be suspected if something goes missing. This, apparently, is an acceptable way to treat someone, a child.

One thing I love about Australia and countries like it is the self-sufficiency that is required to live here. We all hate cleaning the house and washing up but that's what life is. It's not leaving your dinner plates on the dining table after you're done so that some little unknown will take it away and you won't see it again until the next meal. People don't have huge families anymore where help is required because of the sheer volume of duties. What is it about life in Bangladesh now that requires everyone to have servants?

Next, I can talk about cars. On a personal annoyance level, the traffic in Dhaka ranks top of my list. Shobai 5 minute bachaite jeye, dher ghontar traffic jam lagai dey. It's every man for himself on Dhaka roads. Who cares about things like traffic lights and road rules, they are for losers with patience and the ability to see that they were created for a reason. Obviously the traffic problem is multifactorial, most important being a lack of proper public transport, still the entire system reeks of selfishness and inconsiderateness.

There are other things such as housing which I could also talk about, but this is long enough already.

My point is, no one means to do anything bad. As Rabz bhai mentioned, everyone is just trying to get by and live their own lives. I know a lot of people and have heard of a lot of people who do a lot of good work. But everybody, quite unknowingly, contributes to the continuing destruction of the city and its most disadvantaged people. I don't want to lose the city because people have just accepted the way of life there and won't push for change. Because I love it, I really do.

Firstly what does House-Help (aka Servants) got to do with how livable Dhaka city is? Now since you are talking abt Domestic Helps, Such services do exist at the west also but at a higher price ofcourse and not many can afford. Now, you are making it sound as if these people are working as slaves and that is not true. They some how have to feed themselves and hence they decide to provide labor. Child labor is still considered a crime in Bangladesh and definately there is nothing to indicate that society supports hitting these servants. However even organisations like "Save the Children" is not against Child labor in bangladesh simply because someone needs to feed the kids, instead they try to open schools and offer them free education in hope to eradicate this deadly poverty cycle. Now if the society decides not to hire any child labor than that will make the situation only worse. This is just a problem with our system, too much population, too little land and too many mouths to feed.

Now since you are so much in awe and admiration for Australia, just to give u a reality check, there is more racial attacks in Aussie land than in most places. Now for you it might not suck to be discriminated and being treated like a second class citizen but I rather live in dignity in my dirty home than suffer discrimination in a beautiful palace.

Yes traffic Jam in Dhaka is the worse compared to any place i ever been to, but guess what? When you are in Dhaka, I am sure you were using a private transport and not a public transport. Hence you yourself were contributing to the mess. So just zip it. And again before you call us parasites, I tend to realise where you are coming from, It must be your Aussie friends that treats you like one.

Ciao
Old February 14, 2010, 12:38 AM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
kids kids.... what is this?
I think Orphy, but I can't be sure given the truly subtle nature of the tactic, that he's trying the old 'let's give her a taste of her own medicine and when she complains we'll say 'ha! now see how it feels!''. Ingenious really.

I don't understand why some of you are taking it personally as if I'm some outside observer with no connection to the country making offensive comments about your people. I'm being critical of MY country and MY people and even MY family thank you very much. Asking me to apologise is like one black person asking another black person to apologise for using the N-word.

Having said that, if people genuinely are offended and not just angry that some bloody FBCD dared to criticise their beloved people, I do most sincerely say sorry.

The End.