facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 8, 2014, 09:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Bangladesh to play 64 Tests in the next 8 years

source: http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/758395.html

Isam just confirmed it on CI. The past several months has just been prelim talks from most of the Full Member countries, but now it seems that firm fixtures have been set and are all but finalized. This is great news.

I was hoping for 6-7 Tests a year, with 8 being ideal (well ideally everyone would be playing 12 Tests and 0 T20s a year), but we actually got our ideal of 8. A lot better than the 5 a year we've been playing since 2010. We'll even be playing NZ home and away in 3-test series which should be an excellant examination.

7 bilateral series with NZ, 6 with ZIM, and only 2 with PAK/SA. Good because we won't have to worry about arguing with PCB over touring PAK that often. Hopefully Papon got PCB to agree to tours in UAE or hosting in BD, especially after even Ireland pulled out of their PAK tour.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old July 8, 2014, 09:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Of note, we play ZIM at home more than we play away, meaning we have the best chance of passing them in the ICC rankings.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 8, 2014, 09:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

So England will visit us 4 times but we will not go there. Fine with me. I avoid that country if I can.

Australia touring us in Oct 2015 and 2020. We are going there in 2017.

Ind coming in 2015 and 2020. We are going there in August 2016.

As long as these happen I am fine with it. Let me know when the deals has been signed off.
Old July 8, 2014, 09:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
So England will visit us 4 times but we will not go there. Fine with me. I avoid that country if I can.

Australia touring us in Oct 2015 and 2020. We are going there in 2017.

Ind coming in 2015 and 2020. We are going there in August 2016.

As long as these happen I am fine with it. Let me know when the deals has been signed off.
ICC has ordered all boards to sign off by October. But that is a mere formality. We heard from Papon 50 tests in next 7 years, back in February and this is one better. As the dust has settled, it appears that the last 6 months were spent by all 10 boards negotiating with each other. We only play SL once, which is a shame, and PAK twice. Ideally it would be more even. But hey, we play the big boys a bit more and the teams lower down in several 3-test series can't ask for more.

PAK are playing 77 tests in the same period to our 64. That is very good from our point of view. If SL are playing around 80 that is a pretty good balance. As good as one can hope.

Just hope we wait till after the world cup to debut Taskin, as we don't want to risk an injury. Even more so now that our only test bowler's status is uncertain.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 8, 2014, 10:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Just hope we wait till after the world cup to debut Taskin, as we don't want to risk an injury. Even more so now that our only test bowler's status is uncertain.
Are you kidding me? Faruk is our chief selector. He is in. More so now without Shakib. You might even see him in WI.
Old July 8, 2014, 11:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

It depresses me how everyone else is announcing 80 tests and a gazillion other tours and meanwhile we get a big fat 0
Old July 8, 2014, 11:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
It depresses me how everyone else is announcing 80 tests and a gazillion other tours and meanwhile we get a big fat 0
England should have 3 weeks for Ireland every year. Either they are going there or you guys visiting.

I am sure down the road Bd and Zim would bring Ireland and Afganistan in the fold. At least send A teams.
Old July 8, 2014, 11:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
England should have 3 weeks for Ireland every year. Either they are going there or you guys visiting.

I am sure down the road Bd and Zim would bring Ireland and Afganistan in the fold. At least send A teams.
I've been hearing that for years now. Its never going to happen. Australia to be fair have sent some teams over in the past for a couple of games but other than that not a thing.

In 2011 after the world cup the ICC were all about us saying things like "10-15 ODI's a year!!". Last year we had 3.......

This year we have 9,only 3 of which are vs Full members. 1 of them was also rained off.

The ICC want to kill of all the Associates lets be honest. The 10 team WC in 2019 and the fact that they tried to boot Ireland out of WC's after 2011 outline that quite clearly
Old July 8, 2014, 11:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
2018 you'll get your shot against ZIM. ZIM are quite beastly at home, so if you could somehow get a 0-1 result, you should be set as you'll most likely go 2-0 at home against them. I believe - though not sure - that ICC will accept results of the home-away as a single 4 match series.

ZIM have a rating of 40 currently, we have 21. The difference of 19 should cleared by the end of this year when we beat them 3-0 at home.

Also, once you get Test status, spring a few surprises on on the likes of us, WI, PAK and Deutrom may be able to push for Full Member status. England have already stated that they will make room in their FTP for Ireland. So far, Big 3 has kept all or most of their promises to minnows.

Also make sure you beat ZIM and another Test side in the world cup next year. Ireland have that fighting spirit to do it. One of PAK or IND could easily fall on a seaming surface.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 8, 2014, 11:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
2018 you'll get your shot against ZIM. ZIM are quite beastly at home, so if you could somehow get a 0-1 result, you should be set as you'll most likely go 2-0 at home against them. I believe - though not sure - that ICC will accept results of the home-away as a single 4 match series.

ZIM have a rating of 40 currently, we have 21. The difference of 19 should cleared by the end of this year when we beat them 3-0 at home.

Also, once you get Test status, spring a few surprises on on the likes of us, WI, PAK and Deutrom may be able to push for Full Member status. England have already stated that they will make room in their FTP for Ireland. So far, Big 3 has kept all or most of their promises to minnows.

Also make sure you beat ZIM and another Test side in the world cup next year. Ireland have that fighting spirit to do it. One of PAK or IND could easily fall on a seaming surface.
Nothing is known of the Test Challenge in 2018. Its nothing more than a sham really. No team has ever started their test lives successfully and here the ICC expect Associates to win. No one knows if you will be required to win all the matches or draw them all or what so I wouldnt exactly be too hopeful of it being a fair contest.

All I want to see is 4 day matches vs A teams. It'd give us an idea of how ready we are.

Re:the world cup next year I am ever so slightly hopeful of 6 points. Zimbabwe we beat in March and UAE shouldnt be an issue. Then we have WI and Pak who we have decent records against. But then again we could end up with just 2

Who knows how it will go really. But I'm convinced that even if we won the WC nothing would change.
Old July 8, 2014, 06:28 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I hope I am wrong with this but 64 tests in next 8 years does seem a lot for us given our skills, fitness level and available substitutes for each of the 11 position. I feel like 6 tests a year would have been just right with more ODIs than what is announced. However, i am glad that we play the bottom 2 very often. I expect a home a domination with an upset once in a while away against the 2.

Rather than trying to get more matches, I hope BCB will put some work in arranging A tours AWAY.
The break of play between series should not be a "i am off to vacation" or "i need some rest" or "time to spend some time with my family" but keep the players busy. NCL, BCL, BPL, DPL. Its not hard to arrange 4 domestic tournaments and have our key players play most of it given our schedule gaps. This is cricket... its not like a mining job where you spend 4 months working in harsh conditions and the rest of 8 months is a family vaca.....
Old July 8, 2014, 06:31 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Nothing is known of the Test Challenge in 2018. Its nothing more than a sham really. No team has ever started their test lives successfully and here the ICC expect Associates to win. No one knows if you will be required to win all the matches or draw them all or what so I wouldnt exactly be too hopeful of it being a fair contest.

All I want to see is 4 day matches vs A teams. It'd give us an idea of how ready we are.

Re:the world cup next year I am ever so slightly hopeful of 6 points. Zimbabwe we beat in March and UAE shouldnt be an issue. Then we have WI and Pak who we have decent records against. But then again we could end up with just 2

Who knows how it will go really. But I'm convinced that even if we won the WC nothing would change.
BCB should definitely look into A tours against Ireland. I think the Irish team will have a huge edge at home and be competitive enough to make things interesting away(at BD)

also DPL, BPL should feature some Irish players as well... they are definitely worth the buck as they have shown in the past.
Old July 8, 2014, 07:43 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
What?! I thought we were suppose to go there 2015, at least based on old schedule. Instead we get crap load of series vs Zim and NZ. Not a win.

24 out of 64 is against the same 2 teams. Boring. (Not that we deserve to play higher teams or anything)
Old July 8, 2014, 11:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Just more tests is a win imo, perform well in these ones and more will come against higher ranked opposition, at least we'll get a decent amount if tests per year now which we haven't been getting lately.
Old July 8, 2014, 11:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:

you sound like you are 100% sure
Old July 9, 2014, 10:21 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

This should be If
Old July 10, 2014, 01:57 PM
Club Cricketer

It is an achievement by the BCB. Interestingly, nobody outside banglacricket.com is discussing about it. Our main stream media also did not highlight it.
Old July 10, 2014, 02:06 PM
Cricket Savant

alfurqan money hoy choto kale debate clb r champion chilo?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 10, 2014, 05:39 PM
Cricket Sage

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ry/759159.html

CI just posted India's near-finalized FTP. Looks like we will only be playing one-off Tests with India which is disappointing. According to BCB we have 3 India tours (1 away, 2 at home) and BCCI says they will play 3 Tests total with us. Makes sense for each to be one-off. Hopefully BCB can negotiate more tours. Another question is, is our India tour merely a one-off for supporting India, or will we get 1 away tour per 8 year cycle?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 11, 2014, 12:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

some good news in a mist of a lot of bad news
Old July 14, 2014, 01:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
This should be If
Haven't sobered up from your fluke win in England yet have you?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 15, 2014, 02:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ry/759159.html

CI just posted India's near-finalized FTP. Looks like we will only be playing one-off Tests with India which is disappointing. According to BCB we have 3 India tours (1 away, 2 at home) and BCCI says they will play 3 Tests total with us. Makes sense for each to be one-off. Hopefully BCB can negotiate more tours. Another question is, is our India tour merely a one-off for supporting India, or will we get 1 away tour per 8 year cycle?
hahahaha!!! One off test? I thought any one off test records do not get count on standings purposes. Very nice move BCCI. A draw wouldn't hurt their third string that they would send. Ind's are smart bunch.
Old July 15, 2014, 09:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
hahahaha!!! One off test? I thought any one off test records do not get count on standings purposes. Very nice move BCCI. A draw wouldn't hurt their third string that they would send. Ind's are smart bunch.
It does I'm pretty sure. That's why ZIM was always ahead of us because they won that one off Test. Either way, I have a hard time believing India tours to BD will not be 2 tests. We'll have to wait till October when the final FTP is published.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 16, 2014, 02:39 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

What is the point of asking more games with India when we couldn't win against an India B team at home. We are in a vicious cycle of losses. Right now I don't see where our next win will come from especially when Mushy is still captain and Shakib is not playing.
Old July 16, 2014, 09:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

64 Tests...Loss = 54, Win = 4, Draw = 6

We should be happy with this.