facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2009, 01:05 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

Sehwag is a machine, doesn't matter if you bowl brilliant balls to him, it will go to the fence anyway, best way to get him out normally is a terrible umpiring decision

Old March 11, 2009, 01:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
Sehwag is a machine, doesn't matter if you bowl brilliant balls to him, it will go to the fence anyway, best way to get him out normally is a terrible umpiring decision
INcutters/Inswingers

Tease him with a few Balls With Width and than Surprise him with the one the Jags Back in, You Could Bowl 6 Inswingers and he'd Try to Cut at least a few of them.

I just don't think NZ did there HW on Viru, they haven't Attacked him Accordingly.

007 would have sent him back by now

Stupid ICL
Old March 11, 2009, 01:16 AM
Banned

I live in the same city is shane bond, he signed up for the icl before it was decided it was a rebel league which would result in your ban, he still wants to play for the black caps

Really, whats wrong with the icl? Its only because the bcci doesnt make money off it, I see no problem with the like of kapali playing for BD again
Old March 11, 2009, 01:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Bad time for rain ..good going by the Indians.Hope Duckworth Lewis does not screw India.
Old March 11, 2009, 02:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Pishaach..........this Sehwag

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 11, 2009, 02:35 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

And here I thought Sehwag was over after that offcutter from Mash at worldcup 2007. Here's to me being wrong again. BTW, Aussies are back BABY!!! AWW RIGHT!!!!
Old March 11, 2009, 02:39 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Where the hell is Chris Martin by the way?! They leave out the one guy who could actually bowl some decent balls.
Old March 11, 2009, 02:43 AM
Banned

Rain saves India again, with Brendon Mccullum still to bowl india were in deep trouble
Old March 11, 2009, 02:50 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

100 for Viru off 60 balls- the fastest by any indians (just beat Azhar's 62 ball one vs same opposition)
Right now Match delayed by rain once again. Four more balls needed to get a result from this game (20 over). India 169/0 (19.2)
Old March 11, 2009, 03:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Time to try out the bench strength..even if it means loosing the last match.Would like to see Rohit and Karthik get a bat.More importantly I would like to see what Balaji has got.The third seamer will play a big role in the Tests.Irfan might get a nod ahead of balaji but it would be good if he gets to bowl before the Tests.

Good clinical stuff by India.Thats why I put the Indian team at the top in ODI's (not Tests).Mind you NZ stretched the Aussies (almost one won but for bad luck) . None of the matches here were even close here .NZ batting looks tight (unfortunate that I could not see Ross click), they need to improove their bowling though .
Old March 11, 2009, 03:39 AM
Banned

The thing with the indian team is there batsmen are just incredible, one great batsmen gets out another comes in there is no respite
Old March 11, 2009, 03:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Rain saves India again, with Brendon Mccullum still to bowl india were in deep trouble
You are being sarcastic definitely.
Old March 11, 2009, 03:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
D/L may favor against the Indians. 270 looked on the cards for NZ... let's see wat happens. I'd like to see a high limited over chased own from the Virus & Co.
So you got what you wanted? Without D/L, Sehwag probably would have scored a 200.
Old March 11, 2009, 04:25 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
The thing with the indian team is there batsmen are just incredible, one great batsmen gets out another comes in there is no respite
have to agree with u........look at this batting line up for India....
Tendulkar(i know he didn't played this ODI)
Shewag
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvraj
Dhoni

Shewag and Ghambir has been the best opening pair in all format of cricket since 2007........and the way they bat 2day......looklike those two will only improve
Old March 11, 2009, 10:32 PM
Cricket Savant

This guy is a gangsta:

It's very tough for NZ bowlers to stop me - Sehwag

lmao...

read the full article...

http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind20...ry/394842.html

Old March 11, 2009, 11:22 PM
Cricket Sage

well when you rip apart the bowling attack all over the field ...he's got every right to be cocky like that
Old March 12, 2009, 12:46 AM
Cricket Savant

yup ^

remember the time when he kicked Paul Harris's ball during the 319 (?) test score?

I actually love Sehwag for this type of attitude. Tamim has it, but his innings doesnt click that often statistically speaking.

Old March 12, 2009, 03:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
This guy is a gangsta:

It's very tough for NZ bowlers to stop me - Sehwag

lmao...

read the full article...

http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind20...ry/394842.html

That's pure arrogance backed up with a brilliant performance.
Old March 12, 2009, 04:51 AM
Banned

The thing is, where mills bowls to sehwag , troubled the Australian batsmen considerably, Sehwag just happens to complement mills with Sehwags favourite area being where mills likes to bowl and he is struggling to adjust to it
Old March 12, 2009, 04:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Feel sorry for NZ, the way they are losing the matches...
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old March 12, 2009, 05:13 AM
Banned

Trust me ISnaad, next time you play india, do not bring Shahadat Hossain or expect him to go for 12 an over
Old March 12, 2009, 06:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

sewhag is top notch...
som ppl compare him wiv afridi buy he is watyyyyy better then afrdi
Old March 12, 2009, 02:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijanur
som ppl compare him wiv afridi
Now that my friend is an offensive statement !! Afridi and Shewag should not be in the same sentence

Coming to NZ, sure they are down but their batting line up impresses me.Ryder, Mc,Ross,Guptil all look match winners to me.Give them a couple of years together (by the WC 2011) they might end up being the best batting lineup ( after India )
around.With the WC in Aus/NZ we might have a new winner
Old March 12, 2009, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

wat an amazing innings by sehwag. fantastic mind blasting lol
Old March 12, 2009, 11:17 PM
Cricket Savant

At the risk of this becoming a Sehwag thread:

Virender Sehwag
A man and his bat carry the hopes of a nation
By Brian Bennett

When N.A. Sharma, a coach at a government-sponsored cricket center on the outskirts of the Indian capital of New Delhi, first met Virender Sehwag, he found little that impressed him. Sehwag was a 13-year-old local boy, son of a grain hawker, who lived in a house stuffed with siblings, uncles, aunts and 16 cousins. He had no dazzling skills—but was desperate to learn. Sharma was bowling to Sehwag one afternoon when dusk fell, and the coach suggested they call it a day. Sehwag refused: he wanted to perfect his stroke. "The other boys were sitting on the side gossiping," Sharma recalls, "but here was Sehwag, still batting. From that day onward, I told the other boys: 'Virender is going to play big cricket.'"

Cricket is India's national passion; Sehwag its latest object of hope and adoration. As a batsman, the 24-year-old is aggressive, graceful and, when he's on his game, outright dazzling. In a one-day match against New Zealand in 2001, he hit 100 runs off 69 balls—the second-fastest century by an Indian in history. The most striking feature of his batting is the ease with which he dispatches balls all around the wicket—the sign of a natural shotmaker. That talent is obvious to all Indians, including teammate and legend, Sachin Tendulkar, whom Sehwag idolizes and imitates.

To India's impoverished youth, Sehwag is the man of clay astride the mountain of the gods. Most of India's cricket heroes have come from affluent or middle-class backgrounds, gone to private schools and learned English and other gentlemanly ways. Sehwag was lucky his parents could afford the $3 a month for cricket training. His family didn't have high hopes: his grandmother used to call him bholi, an endearment for a good-natured simpleton. That simpleton is now a jet-setter. Invited into the cockpit of a jumbo jet on a recent flight from New Delhi to Bombay, Sehwag gazed at the gleaming dials and the skyline of Bombay coming into view and whispered: "If I wasn't a cricketer, I would never have been able to see this."

Between matches, Sehwag makes thousands of dollars a day shooting advertisements for multinational brands, including Coca-Cola, Samsung and Johnson & Johnson. The first sports jacket he ever donned was the blue blazer of the national cricket team. Today, Sehwag is a pitchman for Mayur Suitings, a giant textile manufacturer, and he owns a closet full of tailored suits. During a recent photo shoot in New Delhi for Mayur's catalogue Sehwag poses in two dozen outfits, and the photographer goes through a bagful of film, but the cricketer is ever cool, raising his eyes to the camera as if he's staring down a bowler on the pitch. "He's so sweet," coos the makeup artist.

Sehwag plans to trade in his Honda City for a red Mercedes convertible and buy his family a $500,000 home *Gopal whistles* in New Delhi's posh Defence Colony. But he doesn't hide the apron strings endearingly attached to his cricketer's blazer. Sehwag calls his mother after every match, a habit memorialized in a cell-phone advertisement run on Indian television during the recent International Cricket Council's 2003 World Cup. He wears a gold Shiva medallion bought by her "for safety," he says, and his favorite dessert is still her homemade custard. Does his mother worry that her famous son will get caught up in the vacuous swirl of India's élite? "No," she says, sipping tea in her living room, a wall of Sehwag's trophies looming behind her. "He will marry a simple, homely girl who gives respect to his family."

Occasionally, Sehwag goes back to his old neighborhood of Najafgarh on the outskirts of New Delhi, distributes some pocket money to the local boys, instructs them in square cuts and backfoot punches, and lets them in on the key to his success. "I didn't have any connections," he lectures. "I just worked hard and played well. If you are talented, you will definitely get a chance."

On a recent afternoon in Najafgarh, school has let out, and on both sides of a dusty, pot-holed road, boys in gray slacks and frayed navy-blue sweaters are running past piles of discarded tires and skipping over spiny-haired pigs. They're playing cricket, of course, and for these prepubescents hoping to find a way out of hardscrabble lives, there is only one role model. "Sehwag played on this spot," says scrawny 12-year-old Deepak, tapping his bat on the uneven dirt wicket. "If Virender Sehwag can make it from here," he says, "so can I."

http://www.time.com/time/asia/2003/h...er_sehwag.html