facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 6, 2010, 07:27 PM
Banned

Default Bangladesh of Old....

দেখেছেন তো? কথায় কথায় আমাদের নিয়ে টানাটানি। এই জন্যিই (হুমায়ুন আহমেদের ভাষায়)এদের "ইয়ে ধরে" লাফাতে নেই। যাকগে, এটাকে এক রকমের প্রশংসাই বলা যায়।

Bangladesh of old...

Old August 6, 2010, 08:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Billah bhai asholei to eta shotti bepaar this article, plus its written by Andrew Miller so amder to bodnam er kono kotha ei ute na
But like you said, lets just take it as proshongsha just in case!
Old August 6, 2010, 08:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

can we have 2 test match series against Pakistan ?? BCB president wake up...grab the opportunity !
Old August 6, 2010, 09:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Ohh hoo hoo! What a fantastico read Billah bhai!! Very nice! Enjoyed it thoroughly!
Amar kase ekhon ajke ektu Eid Eid lagtese!! Shak got a fifer too! Khub poolokito lagtese amar mon dil ajke!!
Old August 6, 2010, 10:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

there is no doubt that we are a better Test batting unit...in ODIs they creamed 400 on us as we struggled to reach 240.

but whereas we averaged close to 300 if not 300 in four test innings in england, pakistan haven't even gotten a 300+ plus score yet, have they?

they've been bowled out under 100 twice i think, not sure if even the Bangladesh of old has managed that in the same series, let alone back to back innings.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 7, 2010, 12:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

আমাদের নিয়ে এতো টানাটানি কেন?অন্য দল খারাপ খেললেই বাংলাদেশের উদাহরণ টানতে হবে!!!আমরা খারাপ খেলার মানদণ্ড হয়ে গেছি।
Old August 7, 2010, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Bangladesh have been accused of cheapening Test cricket for years, but at least in the last few seasons they have learned the necessary application to take a game the full distance.
thanx Andrew Miller for writing the truth.
Old August 7, 2010, 01:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

When you say "Bangladesh of Old", does it mean there is a "New Bangladesh" ?
A newer improved version??

But we must thank Mr Millers for highlighting our performance in this England tour.
A positive note always helps.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 7, 2010, 02:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Default Pak home series chai

Forget NZ, Zimbabwe, even forget the WC. Get Pakistan to play us a"home series" in England now with the craps they have in the batting order. For the first time, we see a team with brains half the size of our batsmens'.

Can we please do it by October? They'll come out of it soon no doubt. A public statement by Jamie saying we can beat Pakistan now will sure inflame them enough to play us. Provided the retirees don't start coming back we'd win for sure even with their world class bowlers operating. All that needs to happen is someone provokes Shahadat.
Old August 7, 2010, 02:02 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Darun to... Sotti kothai bolche..
Old August 7, 2010, 02:05 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Forget NZ, Zimbabwe, even forget the WC. Get Pakistan to play us a"home series" in England now with the craps they have in the batting order. For the first time, we see a team with brains half the size of our batsmens'.

Can we please do it by October? They'll come out of it soon no doubt. A public statement by Jamie saying we can beat Pakistan now will sure inflame them enough to play us. Provided the retirees don't start coming back we'd win for sure even with their world class bowlers operating. All that needs to happen is someone provokes Shahadat.
im nt sure wheather we will win or not.. But ata true amader boro akta chance thakbe jodi amader bowling ta bhalo hoy...
Old August 7, 2010, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

We need a home series in bangladesh : their pacer will be completly ineffective : look back at the test in dhaka and chittagong against eng

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 7, 2010, 05:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

good to read people appreciating us for a change!
Old August 7, 2010, 07:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

We didn't come in as a positive example. But It's Tamim Iqbal who made the difference between two teams. But our pitches and conditions were much better than what Pakistan got.
Old August 7, 2010, 08:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
We didn't come in as a positive example. But It's Tamim Iqbal who made the difference between two teams. But our pitches and conditions were much better than what Pakistan got.
or rather our batsmen made it look easy ! English are making pile of runs on this very pitch whereas pakis are getting all out under 100s ! would u blame on pitch for pakis poor show ? even Nasir hussain said, these pitches are way better than 70-80ish pitches. and weather ! during our series, the weather was changing session to session. rather i would say, weather has been consistent in Pak-Eng series.
Old August 7, 2010, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
A drunken monkey knows that going to England during May is almost equivalent to committing cricketing suicide. I cant recall how many times I read "Bangladesh should have waited till August-September and play in England, something the new Sri Lankan team used to do"
I know we still are a weaker unit than Pakistan in general, but give the boys some credit where they deserve it.
Old August 7, 2010, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

The key to the article is our 'last few seasons'. Andrew has said the obvious and I am glad he did. There hasn't been any talk of us 'cheapening' test lately, or the demand to 'kick us out of elite status'. Without bowling resources, we have no option but to stretch a test match as long as possible, and the batsmen have done that. I am glad Andrew Miller wrote about it. This should sting the chamra of Pak establishment..lol
Old August 7, 2010, 01:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
The key to the article is our 'last few seasons'. Andrew has said the obvious and I am glad he did. There hasn't been any talk of us 'cheapening' test lately, or the demand to 'kick us out of elite status'. Without bowling resources, we have no option but to stretch a test match as long as possible, and the batsmen have done that. I am glad Andrew Miller wrote about it. This should sting the chamra of Pak establishment..lol
the batsmen have, largely done their part...bowlers have often let us down, apart from the occaisional 5-ers from rajib and shakib (who i suspect will both continue to take 5ers for us)...and occaisional spells of brilliance from shafiul and rubel. i think we need to recognize these are the 4 bowlers we need to go into a test match with. perhaps using rubel in short 3 over spells, twice each session, to maintain not only pace, but prevent the opposition from scoring at 5 an over for prolonged periods.

but we do need more from the batsman. we need kayes to continue his solidity, but also to hit more 70s and 80s, instead of 30s and 40s...junaid needs to keep it up and score a few more tons. ditto for jahirul. i also want him to take the gloves out of rahim's hands and move rahim up to no 4. push riyad back down the order, or replace him with naeem. also it seems Rock might have his game-face on again...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 8, 2010, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
the batsmen have, largely done their part...bowlers have often let us down, apart from the occaisional 5-ers from rajib and shakib (who i suspect will both continue to take 5ers for us)...and occaisional spells of brilliance from shafiul and rubel. i think we need to recognize these are the 4 bowlers we need to go into a test match with. perhaps using rubel in short 3 over spells, twice each session, to maintain not only pace, but prevent the opposition from scoring at 5 an over for prolonged periods.

but we do need more from the batsman. we need kayes to continue his solidity, but also to hit more 70s and 80s, instead of 30s and 40s...junaid needs to keep it up and score a few more tons. ditto for jahirul. i also want him to take the gloves out of rahim's hands and move rahim up to no 4. push riyad back down the order, or replace him with naeem. also it seems Rock might have his game-face on again...
if u want rahim at 4,then where will jahurul bat?and where wll u fit in shakib,riyad and rock?