facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 3, 2013, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I don't think you can have it both ways. If you are trying to be proactive than you should also be willing to accept your decisions backfiring at times. You cannot always expect risky decisions paying dividends at all times. Then again today most of his bowling changes did not quite work, especially toward the end but then again it's a batting wicket which is why we chased it down and won.
His decision of not bowling Zia may have been one of those tricky ones just it was not to bowl Mominul and finishing off Riyadh instead bring in Razaak and Mash toward the end. But then again he might have tried to instill some confidence in Mash in a match that did not have any bearing on the outcome of the series.
Very well said

People are being a bit too harsh. If this was a do or die then I am sure the tactics would been different

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Old November 3, 2013, 01:23 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I did not see any reason to bowl mash at the death instead of Zia

The only reason why he did not bowl momin too much is because they had an army of lefties so understandable but seriously, why repeat the same mistake of bowling Mash?

it wasnt fair to drop Mash after 1 bad over. It should have been a 4 over spell at least and than bring him in after like 20 overs for another 3-4 overs spell... but who am i kidding
Old November 3, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

The only reason I can think of for him to now bowl Zia was that he wanted him at 100% when opening, you don't really see a lot of pace all-rounders also opening the innings.
Old November 3, 2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I don't think you can have it both ways. If you are trying to be proactive than you should also be willing to accept your decisions backfiring at times. You cannot always expect risky decisions paying dividends at all times. Then again today most of his bowling changes did not quite work, especially toward the end but then again it's a batting wicket which is why we chased it down and won.
His decision of not bowling Zia may have been one of those tricky ones just it was not to bowl Mominul and finishing off Riyadh instead bring in Razaak and Mash toward the end. But then again he might have tried to instill some confidence in Mash in a match that did not have any bearing on the outcome of the series.
Mushy's captaincy was worse today than ever! How on earth he gave Mash to bowl in the death overs? He just ruined Mash's come-back performance in the last two matched by letting him bowl in the death overs yesterday.

How come he didn't use Naeem, or Mominul or Zia?

Mushy has serious biasness for Razzak - he kept using him even when he was failing to deliver!

Mushy really needs to step up as a captain if he wants the TIGERS to be a competitive team IMHO.
Old November 3, 2013, 04:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

mashraffie shouldnt bowl at death that a big mistake
Old November 3, 2013, 06:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Mushy's captaincy was worse today than ever! How on earth he gave Mash to bowl in the death overs? He just ruined Mash's come-back performance in the last two matched by letting him bowl in the death overs yesterday.

How come he didn't use Naeem, or Mominul or Zia?

Mushy has serious biasness for Razzak - he kept using him even when he was failing to deliver!

Mushy really needs to step up as a captain if he wants the TIGERS to be a competitive team IMHO.
You always have to have faith on your old guns. His only problem is he doesn't think outside of the box
Old November 3, 2013, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
A lot of discussions can be had once the game is over. In Mushy's defense one can argue that he didn't want to take his chances with Riyadh and give away runs and give people the chance to blame him for using a part timers. It's an error a lot of captains make by going with the main bowlers (a safety first approach) during PP or death overs to avoid risks or criticism. What they forget is in any given match your main/strike bowlers are the ones that perform/take wickets, not the ones that are labeled as such. A smart captain should figure this out and plan accordingly.
Old November 4, 2013, 02:49 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

There are PLANS guys.... SJ and Mushy will sign off on them. Senior players like Mash (ex captain) will have a big say too, on the field. As will Tamim and Sakib. Ryad is a key interacting player, too.

Mushy is a very smart skipper that will take stock of a huge amount of input.

Shane is the biggest input for Mushy and they will agree plans between them. The Banglawash success says it all.. end of
Old November 4, 2013, 03:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
There are PLANS guys.... SJ and Mushy will sign off on them. Senior players like Mash (ex captain) will have a big say too, on the field. As will Tamim and Sakib. Ryad is a key interacting player, too.

Mushy is a very smart skipper that will take stock of a huge amount of input.

Shane is the biggest input for Mushy and they will agree plans between them. The Banglawash success says it all.. end of
agree quite a bit

Old November 4, 2013, 03:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

at the end of the day, records suggest he is one of our most successful captains ever
Old November 4, 2013, 04:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Mushy is turning out to be the best and most successful captain of Bangladesh's short international history.

Random on-field decisions at times can be erratic and frustrating from a fan's perspective, but what matters is the result in an overall bigger perspective.

The boys are playing as an unit, the team is winning more, the progress have been upward and the overall image of Bangladesh team have been very positive since he took over as captain. More importantly, the wall between the "star player" and regular members of the team is demolished with he himself being one of the best performer over the past 2 years, reliance on big names is reduced to almost zero and new match winners are emerging every game. Before, even the most assured regulars would have dreamed of playing a match winning role, these days, the stand-in comes in and becomes the star of the day.

This must be something to do within the culture of the team and I must credit Mushfiq and Shane for this complete changeover of the team's psychological barrier.

Besides, except Shakib who is unarguably the best cricketer the country has produced so far, Mushy is also very well respected amongst the cricketing fraternities around the world and that personal image eventually would reflect on his team as well.

Carry on Captain.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 4, 2013, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
at the end of the day, records suggest he is one of our most successful captains ever
one of?

He is our most successful captain by a country mile. We never had this much success under anyone. Mushfiq is a wise player and under him Bangladesh looks like a team.

Not too long ago, I would watch a match just to see how Tamim would blast the bowlers or Shakib playing a face saving innings. These days I don't give a damn about those sort of performance when it goes in vain.

Our players seems to be installed with the belief that they could do anything. In the 2010 asia cup when we were to chase 330+ we relied only on Tamim to get us close. When he got out we gave up. Yesterday we chased 300+ without Tamim or shakib.

And about Zia opening. It was not a" jodi laiga jai" type innings. It was a deliberate ploy to give us a quick start and ensure that the better batsman are not exposed to the new Balls.

Old November 4, 2013, 05:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
He is THE most successful captain we have ever had by far. The unity he brings and his emphasis on team-work and training have so far compensated for some not very smart tactics on the field on occasions. But that being said when we are playing against the best there will be very little room for error and Mushfiq will have to show that he has learned from previous mistakes. However, I have no doubt that he is still the best man for the job bar none.

Last edited by Equinox; November 4, 2013 at 07:34 AM..
Old November 4, 2013, 05:45 AM
Banned

I enjoyed his captaincy in the second ODI! Other than that its been ok.
Old November 4, 2013, 05:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Lol @ Ian and Night_Wolf's signature!!! hahaha... what am I missing here?
Old November 4, 2013, 06:44 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Lol @ Ian and Night_Wolf's signature!!! hahaha... what am I missing here?
not missing anything..a lame try by a world renowned coach to get back at a fan..how lame can you get?..whats the difference then between me a common armchair fan and him a world famous respectable coach worldwide?
Old November 4, 2013, 06:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Mushfiq should rely a bit more on Mominul and Nasir. They are much better bowlers than he thinks they are. But overall, Mushy has been successful and we cannot deny that.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 4, 2013, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
not missing anything..a lame try by a world renowned coach to get back at a fan..how lame can you get?..whats the difference then between me a common armchair fan and him a world famous respectable coach worldwide?
Why is it lame? He's human too.

Who says you can make a dig at someone and he can't defend?

Better to say appreciate and say touché than to appear to be the boorish one in the exchange?
Old November 4, 2013, 08:18 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Why is it lame? He's human too.

Who says you can make a dig at someone and he can't defend?

Better to say appreciate and say touché than to appear to be the boorish one in the exchange?
yeah you are right, but his attempt was boring, he tried to get at me with a rant i gave after mushy gave mash the ball at the slog overs, meaningless ranting is common with fans when match is going on isn't it? though that time it wasn't meaningless, cant say touche!, looks like a desperate attempt to get back, but i had a laugh at his desperate attempt though!, if you say human then its ok but there is some difference with me and him thats why i asked the last question..just my 2 cents

Ian you got me!
Old November 4, 2013, 11:08 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Mushfiqur's captaincy has been much better in the 1st and 2nd ODI. However, he does have the unfortunate tendency of using the wrong bowlers in death. Mash has not been a good death-over bowler since the early days of his career. His overs should be used early, when he is really effective. Using Shahadat twice in death overs have cost Bangladesh each time. Meaning no disrespect to Ian Pont, not every on field decision is made beforehand. Use of Mash that time had Mushy's signature all over it.
Old November 4, 2013, 11:24 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Mushfiqur's captaincy has been much better in the 1st and 2nd ODI. However, he does have the unfortunate tendency of using the wrong bowlers in death. Mash has not been a good death-over bowler since the early days of his career. His overs should be used early, when he is really effective. Using Shahadat twice in death overs have cost Bangladesh each time. Meaning no disrespect to Ian Pont, not every on field decision is made beforehand. Use of Mash that time had Mushy's signature all over it.
Read what I said, bhai. PLANNING is done off the field (such as who bowls when and how) but this alters dependent upon the match and this will be an interaction of many players not just Mushy.

Mash has to WANT to bowl at the end otherwise he wouldn't Mash is a former Captain and is the death bowler for DG in BPL. I was saying that it is a "collective heads" rather than just Mushy on his own making random decisions.

It takes a brave man to bowl the last overs. That's probably why Mushy turns to Mash, who would run through a brick wall for the team.
Old November 4, 2013, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

There's only one way to settle this. Ian, Night_Wolf, get your gamchas out, it's time to straighten things out the right way, with an intense match of Jabbar-er Boli Khela.
Old November 4, 2013, 11:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Baack-co-ler maitta koliga Dangor hoe.

Yes its great to be brave. but the on-the-field brains not only need to be bravehearts but also need to use their brains. Every bowlers may not be suited for every condition/game situation, when one great bowler continue to fail repeatedly in certain situations, may be it is wise to look for alternatives. Also not using all the resources when leading bowlers are bleeding runs may not also be a good on-field decision, regardless who makes the decision, whether one person of a group decision.
Old November 4, 2013, 11:33 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
There's only one way to settle this. Ian, Night_Wolf, get your gamchas out, it's time to straighten things out the right way, with an intense match of Jabbar-er Boli Khela.
no thank you!, i'd rather enjoy this!..its getting funnier and lame-ier! every moment
Old November 4, 2013, 11:42 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

With respect to BC i am changing my Sig!, i had my fun now its time to move on

never thought ian would response like a 15 year old though (thats not even my line!, 30% members here in bc rants about that )

Ian please google translate this

রেগে গেলেন তো হেরে গেলেন