facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2011, 09:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Default The Official I-Hope-to-Hell-Australia-Win-The-WC-And-BD-Gives-Them-A-Series-Drubbing Followers Thread!

Title says it all.

It's a dog eat dog world where teams which fought last week are probably rooting for each other so that by cancellation means one can proceed. So why not take it further? Root for Australia while jeer and boo them when playing them.

Let us be a bit more professional and don't panic. What were y'all expecting BD will go to QF and miraculously beat all the teams? Pssyhaah. Let us be realistic Bangladesh would've been out the very next game. 58 A.O. exposed us our fragile back bone; hence, only a sage chiropractor will do the job.

Either you agree with Kabir that the NZ game was 'fluke' or not. But if you do agree that it was fluke then Bangladesh haven't progressed any further. So you shouldn't be surprised at their loss. However, if you truly believe NZ drubbing was solid then you agree Siddons did a great job. If you truly believe Siddons did a good job then criticise him all you want but at least give him the credit that's due. My personal opinion being a terrific BATTING coach he can surely rectify our vital faults of technique and prepare us for an Australia drubbing. I am not a big fan of Siddons but I understand the value of a long term vision than a quick fix.

Byproduct would be Australia winning the World Cup then we can at least taste it by vicarious syllogistic corridor.

I say let's not get all personal. Have a little bit more faith on Siddons and pray for Australia's downfall after their uphill win to World Cup.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old March 19, 2011, 09:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Why should we pray for another country's downfall? That's not very nice, just because our players are incompetent you want to pray for Australian players downfall?
Old March 19, 2011, 09:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
Why should we pray for another country's downfall? That's not very nice, just because our players are incompetent you want to pray for Australian players downfall?
No Oppenheimer I want Australia to win when they play us in the next series.

Old March 19, 2011, 10:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Lol

BD beating aus- I'm an optimist(aren't we all when following BD), let's hope so. Credit's due where it's due, Siddons hasn't done a bad job in the past but it may be we've reached our max potential with him-we need a coach who's ready to beat the team into shape, beat them into some discipline. Siddons was committed, the guy kept coaching with melanoma. I think Siddons is a decent coach but we have idiot players who do not respond, do not want to respond, have too much bhat in their gray matter or simply play when their financial present reserves are running low.

Our players also seem to have psuchological issues with the pace attakcs they face eg tamim plays well against england, shakib against NZ
Old March 19, 2011, 10:27 PM
Club Cricketer

lo. The loss has taken its toll.
Old March 19, 2011, 11:32 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

stop day dreaming man..look what day dreaming has done in this WC
Old March 20, 2011, 04:01 AM
Banned

Australia will eat us for breakfast, lunch and dinner (3 ODI Aussie-wash)
Old March 20, 2011, 05:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Even austria A will eats this pathetic team

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 20, 2011, 05:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Australia will eat us for breakfast, lunch and dinner (3 ODI Aussie-wash)
Ponting will bump into steve smith, break his finger, then throw the ball in anger which will subsequently hit brett lee in the foot causing a fracture. Ponting in his frustration at losing his premier bowler will then throw his box which will ricochet off a nearby television to strike watson in the face. Watson will have to leave bangladesh for plastic surgery to his face. In the meantime Mithcell Johnson will try getting tattooed at some dodgy tattoo parlour and will subsequently contract a staph aureus infection (although rare) that is resistant to antibiotics. Treatment with local antibiotic tablets which really consist of talcum powder encased in a capsule will lead to a further deterioration of his condition causing him to fly home to his mother. Shaun Tait will bowl a beamer in the nets to mike hussey and in the process injure hussey and injure his own groin.

Australia will come in with a depleted squad and Bangladesh will win 3-0 whereupon the world's media will claim that this was a 3rd string Australia/west Indies team, it doesn't really matter because Chris Gayle did not play and so Bangladesh's wins count for nothing. People will point out that Chris Gayle plays for west indies and not australia however the media headed by Monga will claim that "as hard as it is to believe, it doesn't matter, the fact is Chris Gayle wasn't playing" and will also claim randomly that "the West Indieas bus got stoned". Khaled mahmud will then say that this is a depleted australia squad not like the one he faced which consisted of Alien, predator, Terminator and Rambo as part of the attack not to mention Bruce Lee as 12th man. Khaled mahmud will also claim that he could have led a team full of ashraful's to victory over the current zimbabwe and australia sqaud, showing how bad the squad was.

At the end of it all however the fans will scream "Sack Siddons" and "It's all Siddons' fault" whereupon one member will point out that he has already been sacked. After hearing this there will be renewed calls for "No foreign coaches" and "Sack Shakib and Tamim and bring in Akram Khan as coach" as well as "bring in Khaleda Zia's gynaecologist daughter in law as trainer to deal with the pregnant Tamim and Nafees". However the BCB with its exceptional panel of analysts will come up with the grand unifying theory of ashraful-avity and replace the team with Ashraful seeing how a team of ashraful's could have beaten this team.

On a more serious note we have to do something about our board and the idiotic media

Last edited by mar umpire; March 20, 2011 at 05:52 AM..
Old March 20, 2011, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Who is going to smash Bangladesh? Ponting, oh his mighty average of 20~ in the last 2 year is really scaring me.
Or maybe Steve Smith, the player who is apparently the mixture of Shane Warne and Ricky Ponting. [I think it is the mixture of batsmen warne and bowler ponting]
Oh wait, I know, it will be Shaun Tait. Whose pitch map looks a lot like a blind man throwing darts.

This Australia team is really not that strong, the players who would be able to disturb Bangladesh are Shane Watson, Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke and Brett Lee. Australia currently have too many liabilities in the team, I am sure Bangladesh will be able to pull one or two victories against them.

T
Old March 20, 2011, 06:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Australia to win WC= possible
Bangladesh to banglawash Australia= if anyword more than impossible is there, it should be
Old March 20, 2011, 07:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Our home average, their away average (batting and bowling against G8, last two/three years). Add and subtract some because of the home field advantage. See if we can matchup against them? Not yet. So we may steal one if Shakib plays like NZ series. The rest are not professional and riding on Shakib's shoulder. In other words, not up to intl standard.
Old March 20, 2011, 07:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

teams like SA/Ind against BD a re better than this current Aussie team,so we can hope one victory,but even that will be hard.
Old March 20, 2011, 07:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Our home average, their away average (batting and bowling against G8, last two/three years). Add and subtract some because of the home field advantage. See if we can matchup against them? Not yet. So we may steal one if Shakib plays like NZ series. The rest are not professional and riding on Shakib's shoulder. In other words, not up to intl standard.
All match should be played in Chittagong

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 20, 2011, 08:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Who is going to smash Bangladesh? Ponting, oh his mighty average of 20~ in the last 2 year is really scaring me.
Or maybe Steve Smith, the player who is apparently the mixture of Shane Warne and Ricky Ponting. [I think it is the mixture of batsmen warne and bowler ponting]
Oh wait, I know, it will be Shaun Tait. Whose pitch map looks a lot like a blind man throwing darts.

This Australia team is really not that strong, the players who would be able to disturb Bangladesh are Shane Watson, Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke and Brett Lee. Australia currently have too many liabilities in the team, I am sure Bangladesh will be able to pull one or two victories against them.

T
Considering West Indies, the I-feel-sorry-for Windies, team absolutely smashed Bangladesh, (saving Tamim's face, which then uttered more nonsense), and then South Africa beat us by 206 runs, yes good chance Australia will win the series.

Australia will probably win the World Cup too.

P.S: I know we would have a chance agianst them though with half their players missing after the World Cup including Ponting, Haddin, Watson and Mike Hussey. Unfortunately, I think Lee will be on the next flight to Bangladesh after the World Cup campaign if only to try our food, and benefit from Tamim and co's charity drives.
Old March 20, 2011, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

It's better not to hype up the series and increase expectations, to expect is to be dissapointed, we all know we're getting white-washed

typical bengali fan : But what else can we do other than hope and expect? It's our duty to hope
me: well then don't expect from the beginning, don't hope, expect bd to get white washed and if they win a match somehow you'll feel really happy
Old March 20, 2011, 10:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

i hope australia goes far, but also hope they dnt win the world cup.

as for us drubbing them, i do hope we win a match. we can. but our batters have to learn how to handle the sheer pace of the australian attack. naile kissu hobe na.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old March 20, 2011, 06:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avik-e-mam
i hope australia goes far, but also hope they dnt win the world cup.

as for us drubbing them, i do hope we win a match. we can. but our batters have to learn how to handle the sheer pace of the australian attack. naile kissu hobe na.
I think we can be promised a 100 run partnership, top scoring in the series by Tamim and a big century for Tamim at chittagong regardless of whether we are playing there or not
Old March 20, 2011, 06:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi

T

moja lagse pore. but amader batter ra shaun tait er dart mara dekhe bhoy peye wicket diye asbe. songe achhe johnson ar brett lee. as i said, amader batter ra ektu matha thanda kore khelte parle aussiego bate felte parbo inshallah.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old March 20, 2011, 08:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
Ponting will bump into steve smith, break his finger, then throw the ball in anger which will subsequently hit brett lee in the foot causing a fracture. Ponting in his frustration at losing his premier bowler will then throw his box which will ricochet off a nearby television to strike watson in the face. Watson will have to leave bangladesh for plastic surgery to his face. In the meantime Mithcell Johnson will try getting tattooed at some dodgy tattoo parlour and will subsequently contract a staph aureus infection (although rare) that is resistant to antibiotics. Treatment with local antibiotic tablets which really consist of talcum powder encased in a capsule will lead to a further deterioration of his condition causing him to fly home to his mother. Shaun Tait will bowl a beamer in the nets to mike hussey and in the process injure hussey and injure his own groin.

Australia will come in with a depleted squad and Bangladesh will win 3-0 whereupon the world's media will claim that this was a 3rd string Australia/west Indies team, it doesn't really matter because Chris Gayle did not play and so Bangladesh's wins count for nothing. People will point out that Chris Gayle plays for west indies and not australia however the media headed by Monga will claim that "as hard as it is to believe, it doesn't matter, the fact is Chris Gayle wasn't playing" and will also claim randomly that "the West Indieas bus got stoned". Khaled mahmud will then say that this is a depleted australia squad not like the one he faced which consisted of Alien, predator, Terminator and Rambo as part of the attack not to mention Bruce Lee as 12th man. Khaled mahmud will also claim that he could have led a team full of ashraful's to victory over the current zimbabwe and australia sqaud, showing how bad the squad was.

At the end of it all however the fans will scream "Sack Siddons" and "It's all Siddons' fault" whereupon one member will point out that he has already been sacked. After hearing this there will be renewed calls for "No foreign coaches" and "Sack Shakib and Tamim and bring in Akram Khan as coach" as well as "bring in Khaleda Zia's gynaecologist daughter in law as trainer to deal with the pregnant Tamim and Nafees". However the BCB with its exceptional panel of analysts will come up with the grand unifying theory of ashraful-avity and replace the team with Ashraful seeing how a team of ashraful's could have beaten this team.

On a more serious note we have to do something about our board and the idiotic media
Very original, you have a fair amount of creativity.

thoroughly pleasing to read. Almost looks like a short screenplay for a sitcom or something...
Old March 20, 2011, 08:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Agree. Genius bro. Hmm...wonder if mar umpire is an alias. :p

Old March 20, 2011, 10:32 PM
Test Cricketer

thanx for the nice comments, I think there are a few creative geniuses here on the forum already as I saw when I followed the forum as a guest. Humour is the best way to relieve sorrow I guess. Yelling and screaming isn't that good for the heart.

I've enjoyed reading some of the more humourous pieces on BC, I won't name names but they know who they are

Mar Umpire is my middle name, I'm not a massive fan of umpires.

On a more serious note I think BD could give a good account of themselves against the aussies, I still believe in them

Last edited by mar umpire; March 20, 2011 at 10:39 PM..