facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 24, 2017, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

What is a kachhi biriyani? Is it similar to Hyderabadi dum Biryani? there are dozens of Biryani varieties available in India and I tasted them all, but never had this kachi biryani, not sure if available here.

Old June 24, 2017, 08:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
What is a kachhi biriyani? Is it similar to Hyderabadi dum Biryani? there are dozens of Biryani varieties available in India and I tasted them all, but never had this kachi biryani, not sure if available here.
It's a typical mutton biriyani of this place cooked with potatoes, boiled egg etc. perhaps it is the most generic form of biriyani in Dhaka
Old June 24, 2017, 06:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonglababu
It's a typical mutton biriyani of this place cooked with potatoes, boiled egg etc. perhaps it is the most generic form of biriyani in Dhaka
Yeah Roy, just like Sandy mama (Bonglababu) explained...this Kacchi biriyani is very good around old Dhaka neighbourhoods, like Lalbagh, Koshaituli, Narinda, Motijheel.

The fact of the matter is the khashi - the goat meat (mutton) has to be kacha (raw) and it is cooked under the heat of the already cooked biriyani rice and spice...thus called 'kacchi' (kacha) ...it is a very unique process and there is flipping (involved) of the material inside the pot- meaning, during the process of the biriyani is being cooked, after a certain amount of time, you flip and let the mix meat mix ith the rice.

Anyway I am having a hard time explaining the process...because I myself can not cook it, and have not seen it being done very closely, or observed it carefully...

Also a lot of the restaurants in London and New York City that I ate at, would sell you biriyani dish as 'kacchi'. but believe you me, those are NOT kacchi...they do not even know how to cook that thing.
Old June 24, 2017, 07:25 PM
Cricket Guru

When I was young I thought kaachi biryani was made with kaachi fish