facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 6, 2007, 09:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Reality check!!

No more streaking!! All the wins last year shows us how much weight it has.

Bashar back to ZERO!!

A sound defeat at the hands of Minnow makes us equal to minnows.

Winning formula don't work all the time. If one can't experiment now why take new batsmen bowlers for the tour?? Let them play domestic Cricket.

This tour was necessary for sure. No A team could provide this type of humiliation.

Send back Tamim. Old DOHS can use him a little. For sure management won't play him now.
Old February 6, 2007, 10:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Just a defeat, isn't it? I am not sad.............
Old February 6, 2007, 10:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roi
Just a defeat, isn't it? I am not sad.............
I understand your stance. But there were problems in BD team for the last few years. After so many months we could not solve those problems at all.

1. Top order collapse.
2. Batting lineup.
3. Bush like vision. Stay the course no matter what the reality is in the sugar coated name of "consistancy". Examples: We take players just for the sake of travel. We give chances to off form players as a free rides and to some players they can only play one innings then off the team again. Thus destroying any confidence he has in him.
4. We are better than Zim in every category one can think of.
a) Experience.
b) Skilled players.
c) Facilities.
d) Coaches.
e) Finance.
f) Organization/Admin.
name anything. We are better.

How can i accept a defeat like this??

I had no issue if we lost to fighting total or in the 47th+ over. But do take it personally when the beating shows us we are no better than the Canada or Barmuda.

These are the signs that our ek guiye management can't read. I am upset!! Very upset!! Stay the course...WC would be another dissaster unless something drastic is done ASAP!!
Old February 6, 2007, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

We sure have a team that can beat this Zimbabwe-B side on every ocassion, but what do you expect when the coach and the captain let the players slack off (stretching in hotel while Zimbabweans were working their butt off in the nets) just after one win ?
Old February 6, 2007, 10:08 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Reality check!!
Checked, brother.

My 2 cents, again..

It is definitely a wake up call for Bangladesh ahead to World Cup Cricket. Players and team management should sit together and try to find out, what went horribly wrong? Another series loss to Zimbabwe would mean Bangladesh has achieved nothing in last one year.
Old February 7, 2007, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Checked, brother.

My 2 cents, again..

It is definitely a wake up call for Bangladesh ahead to World Cup Cricket. Players and team management should sit together and try to find out, what went horribly wrong? Another series loss to Zimbabwe would mean Bangladesh has achieved nothing in last one year.
I think this is very good wake up call for players and the fans.

A thread started by Miraz has the record of all the megalomaniac fans that did not want ZIM series.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=18165

I will repeat what I said in that thread -
================================================== =======
Okay, stop being snotty.

This ZIM/BAN tour may be boring - but ONLY for some of the fans. Not for the team. We lost the last away series in ZIM. To win the series this time will be an improvement.

Granted BD IS playing better than before. But as some fans are developing this "Yawn" / "Oh no, another boring series" type mentality, I pray and hope that our cricketers are not being as snotty.

Match practice and perpetuation of the winning habit is very important for the BD team right now.

Good job by BCB to at least go out there and secure some quality match practice - definitely beats practice matches between Bangladesh Red and Bangladesh Green.

================================================== =======

Old February 7, 2007, 12:05 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
I think this is very good wake up call for players and the fans.
-----------------
I will repeat what I said in that thread -

-------

Okay, stop being snotty.

Granted BD IS playing better than before. But as some fans are developing this "Yawn" / "Oh no, another boring series" type mentality, I pray and hope that our cricketers are not being as snotty.
Your words have reached fans and unfortunately got lost on the way to players.

Hopefully players have learnt a lesson and will act accordingly.
Old February 7, 2007, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Has anybody ever heard Bashar ever saying anything new or anything intelligent? He doesn't add anything to what you already know.
Old February 7, 2007, 01:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
Has anybody ever heard Bashar ever saying anything new or anything intelligent? He doesn't add anything to what you already know.
What can he do? Our education system in Bangladesh offers no means for anyone to be creative, and say things constructively. Even in the SSC exams they write essays that they've memorized. What does our bechara Hablu have to do with it? After all, he's also a human being.

Jokes apart, I'm pretty sure it is based on his level of creativity. Or may be, he just doesn't feel comfortable speaking in public about failure?
Old February 6, 2007, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
A sound defeat at the hands of Minnow makes us equal to minnows.
Exactly what I try to say. We are minnows again!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 6, 2007, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Exactly what I try to say. We are minnows again!
Again? Were we something else before?

Although it's not likely to have any practical result, selectors should rest Mehrab and try Tamim. Someone who averages 20 with SR of 40 after 9-10 ODIs against minnows is definately not the solution to our ODI opening problem against any kind of opposition.
Old February 6, 2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

If we can win the rest 2 matches strongly, then we can throw this loss as just an upset, as any given day any team with ODI can lose to any other ODI team.

If we draw or lose this series, we got a problem.
Old February 6, 2007, 05:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
If we can win the rest 2 matches strongly, then we can throw this loss as just an upset, as any given day any team with ODI can lose to any other ODI team.

exactly...i am as pissed as the next person...but you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. kenya has lost 2 times to teams that would make zimbabwe look like the aussies. still they are head and shoulders above everyone in WCL.

lets first lose this series, and then prepare for keyamot.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 7, 2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood

Ditto
Old February 6, 2007, 10:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

If we had to lose, this was the best time for it. The continuous crushing of feeble opposition was masking some of our shortcomings. We are an improving team, with good young players. But as a team we have not proved our ability to consistently challenge the top 8. The oppositions know it, the media shares the opinion, and our cricketers have said as much. So we should not be deluded enough to imagine any surprise run to the WC second round.
Old February 6, 2007, 10:44 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
If we had to lose, this was the best time for it. The continuous crushing of feeble opposition was masking some of our shortcomings. We are an improving team, with good young players. But as a team we have not proved our ability to consistently challenge the top 8. The oppositions know it, the media shares the opinion, and our cricketers have said as much. So we should not be deluded enough to imagine any surprise run to the WC second round.
Very well said.

I fully endorse your view.
Old February 6, 2007, 10:48 AM
Banned

I think this result is good. It will prevent the players from getting too carried away. I think the best series result will be 3-1, with us winning all the remaining games. Lets also hope that we lost because we were slacking off, and not because under alien conditions we fall in quality, when playing Zimbabwe.

I am concerned with the fact that we are playing Zims so much. Hopefully we can sneak in one additional ODI against a team like NZ, before the cup.
Old February 6, 2007, 10:58 AM
Cricket Savant

To beat any test team at Port of Spain one must at least score 280+. I am not making this up without any type of research. Be it Ind, SL, NZ or WI. Heck even a 300 would be hard to defend the way other teams are scoring. With the batting lineup we have, scoring a 250+ against those attacks would be a wishful thinking. Hense my little tiny window of "asha" is getting closed by the seconds. Now the only thing I have is prayer for a miracle similar to cardiff.
Old February 6, 2007, 05:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
To beat any test team at Port of Spain one must at least score 280+. I am not making this up without any type of research. Be it Ind, SL, NZ or WI. Heck even a 300 would be hard to defend the way other teams are scoring. With the batting lineup we have, scoring a 250+ against those attacks would be a wishful thinking. Hense my little tiny window of "asha" is getting closed by the seconds. Now the only thing I have is prayer for a miracle similar to cardiff.
with bashar's captaincy...even if we scored 300, it could easily be chased.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 6, 2007, 11:03 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

not because under alien conditions we fall in quality, when playing Zimbabwe - Just reading the match reports and glancing at the scorecard - I fear that this is exactly what happened today - both at the top (team management - captaincy) as well as at the bottom (players themselves).

The team management chose to select 2 spinners regardless of the fact that Zimbabwe pitches favor pace bowlers (seam bowlers - like Khaled Mahmud - Forhad Reza), Captain did not choose to bowl Aftab even though he's in the final eleven (or is Aftab still injured to bowl?) and too much reliance on the spinners even with a score of a mere 153. Then the players themselves - Razzak is a good spin bowler, yet he could not bowl like he always does (or does he always bowl better in the subcontinent turning pitches - like all Deshi spinners?).

I also fear that one of our strenghts has shown us to one of our weaknesses - left arm spin bowling. Why are there so many left arm spinners in our domestic cricket? We are proud to produce so many left arm spinners, who are a rarity in the rest of the world, however, doesn't it mean that our local batsman have some vital technical flaws who are playing in the domestic cricket? Why else would players like Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mashrafee Bin Murtoza get out to left arm spin of Sean Williams?
Old February 6, 2007, 11:25 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

To add more misery, Rafiq had to leave the field after a collison with Sibanda.

I hope he will be fit before Friday.
Old February 6, 2007, 11:31 AM
Test Cricketer

IMVHO Zimbabwe are not as weak as they are usually considered... a very young team but cricketers like Sibanda, Taylor, Williams, Chigumbura, Ireland... are talented and will have a good international career. What has made Zimbabwe weaker in the last times is the chaos about both the country and the board, not lack of talent, so I wouldn't consider this defeat to be so shameful.
Old February 6, 2007, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

To win after scoring 150 you need some good bowlers. And some good tactics, some good and clever thinking but sadly Habibul got none of those. You just can't win spreading your fielders out. He has never been attacking at all. We saw in recent past and today we can easily understand this when one of their batter scored 80+ with just 2 4's. This is dull captaincy.

But after all we failed to click in batting. That was the main reason of this loss.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 6, 2007, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Reality check: Dhopash kore akash theke porlam. Poshchat desh e ektu bethao pailam. Maja mone hoy dui tukra korte pari nai. Tobe reality bujhe gesi.

Eibar urar agay parachute niya urbo...jaate porleo poshchat deshe betha na pai...ami abar ektu mota ki na, tai!!!
Old February 6, 2007, 11:42 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Reality check: Dhopash kore akash theke porlam. Poshchat desh e ektu bethao pailam. Maja mone hoy dui tukra korte pari nai. Tobe reality bujhe gesi.

Eibar urar agay parachute niya urbo...jaate porleo poshchat deshe betha na pai...ami abar ektu mota ki na, tai!!!

Fazal er joggo vaigna