facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 5, 2011, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
Aarrrrgh enough already!!! Just because you're an automatic selection for your cricketing skills doesn't necessarily mean you're an automatic skipper!! Grow a brain you guys!!

In fact, if you are causing persistent disharmony in your team, I would seriously question what your criterion of 'automatic' selection really means!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Old September 5, 2011, 08:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Mushy is the only player who can be the captain ATM. As for the vice captaincy role, it's a tough call to make TBH.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: shakib,shourav

Quote:
Aarrrrgh enough already!!! Just because you're an automatic selection for your cricketing skills doesn't necessarily mean you're an automatic skipper!! Grow a brain you guys!!

In fact, if you are causing persistent disharmony in your team, I would seriously question what your criterion of 'automatic' selection really means!
Old September 5, 2011, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Dhaka, Sept 5 (bdnews24.com/Reuters) — Bangladesh have sacked captain Shakib Al Hasan and his deputy Tamim Iqbal following the team's dismal tour of Zimbabwe, the Bangladesh Cricket Board said on Monday. Update 1

Bangladesh were expected to prevail against Zimbabwe, who were making their Test return after five years out of the format, but slid to an embarrassing 130-run loss in the only Test in Harare.

The defeat came after Tamim claimed that Zimbabwe's opening bowlers, Kyle Jarvis and Brian Vitori, were ordinary. Vitori and Jarvis chipped in with four-wicket hauls as Zimbabwe completed victory.

Bangladesh's misery continued in the five-match ODI series that followed, as they went down 0-3 before winning the dead rubbers. The BCB reacted to the loss by launching a probe to evaluate the team's performance.

"Shakib and Tamim and have been removed from their posts as they failed to lead the team to success in Zimbabwe," BCB spokesman Jalal Yunus told reporters after a meeting of the Board of Directors.

Shakib was appointed captain on a permanent basis in February and was due to lead the team until Bangladesh's home series against Pakistan in December.

Earlier he led the side on an interim basis in the absence of injured Mashrafe Mortaza and almost single-handedly guided Bangladesh to an unprecedented 4-0 win over New Zealand in a one-day series last year.

He came into conflict with officials when he questioned team selection before the Zimbabwe tour and received a written caution.

Bangladesh's next opponents are West Indies who they host in a Twenty20 International, three one-dayers and two tests starting in October.
http://cricket.bdnews24.com/details....r69gcfascn6fj1
Old September 5, 2011, 08:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:

Old September 5, 2011, 08:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Suppose there was a grouping in the team, now who ever the new cap will be, was once somehow victim of the grouping (for example- Ash, SN). Do you think they wont take revenge against Shak/Tamy? Can you imagine the consequences?

I wish BCB will make someone from the middle.
Anyone trying to take revenge will go by the same line....

So, I think none will even think of revenge...if Shakib can be removed... every other person can be.... If I take your logic, then Shakib has to be captain for eternity and he continues what he was doing... it has to stop somewhere. I personally would have preffered a warning and some good counselling for Shakib...instead of removing him, but then we dont have all the facts to decide.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:

May be we should remember Shakib's automatic selection does not come from good relationship with selectors or being a nice guy, rather his performance speaks for himself. As i said if we had 4-5 guys like him, then i would also prefer someone with better public relations. But till now he is the only one, even Mushy doesnt perform regularly, others are not even worthy to mention. from our birth as test nation, we had nice guys like Sujon, Bashar, Ash as our captains and what have we achieved? May be its time to think outside the box and accept something outside of our so called bhodro-chele culture.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:37 AM

Have been waiting for this change since WC, finally it comes. A lesson was needed badly for them, hopefully they will learn.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Riyad captain hole ami cricket dekha bondo kore dibo...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
I've already...
Old September 5, 2011, 08:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

though this might not be good for Bangladesh Cricket, lets just be happy that this will relieve a lot of pressure off Shakib. I am happy that we have prevented an immediate burn out on Shakib.

He will be Bangladesh Captain again, and that next time, he will be ready.

as for Tamim, he deserved getting sacked.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old September 5, 2011, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Many of my friends here will disagree, but I think this is the right decision for Bangladesh cricket.

Shakib has unfortunately lost his humility and although a fine leader on the field, off the field (and by that I include in the dressing room and during training) it is reported his behaviour did not live up the the high standards of an international captain.

Personally, my preference would be for Mushy to take over. He takes his cricket extremely seriously, is a hard worker and is great at encouraging the players in the field...
Old September 5, 2011, 08:47 AM
Banned

Shakib will be back in another 1 year, this has to be done, mashrafi bin mortaza is a auto choice for captain when fit, until then mushfiqur rahim (c) and shariar nafees (vc)
Old September 5, 2011, 08:47 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
Many of my friends here will disagree, but I think this is the right decision for Bangladesh cricket.

Shakib has unfortunately lost his humility and although a fine leader on the field, off the field (and by that I include in the dressing room and during training) it is reported his behaviour did not live up the the high standards of an international captain.

Personally, my preference would be for Mushy to take over. He takes his cricket extremely seriously, is a hard worker and is great at encouraging the players in the field...
i agree with your last point there. he encourages from behind the stumps, and that's the captain's duty, to marshall your troops. but sometimes he overdoes it, and it has no effect. just my observation.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Ahmad
Shakib will be back in another 1 year, this has to be done, mashrafi bin mortaza is a auto choice for captain when fit, until then mushfiqur rahim (c) and shariar nafees (vc)
I agree separate test and ODIs captain is an option worth exploring...
Old September 5, 2011, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

যাক অনেক দিন পর চায়ের টেবিল গরম করার মত একটা বিষয় পেলাম !
Old September 5, 2011, 08:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I dont agree and I think we should come out of Mashrafe illusion as soon as possible... if he can just play in some crucial matches only, that's bonus.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

I just hope Shakib don't take the captaincy again when BCB come back crawling ..... Idiot BCB.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Quote:
It never works... it will ruin our cricket further. Unity of commant is essential for building a cohessive team... division doesnt help..
Old September 5, 2011, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Agreed. Mushy for Test's, Riyad for ODI's, and Shakib/Riyad for T20's.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by banfan
i dont agree and i think we should come out of mashrafe illusion as soon as possible... If he can just play in some crucial matches only, that's bonus.
what do you mean, he is a bad leader?

I am talking seeing his performance and not personal relations...

He has experience and also the best seam bowler plus great leader and humble in the field.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:58 AM

Lets not underestimate the process of judgement, all those reports from related officials and staffs, not taking in account those reports itself a recipe of disaster. They are young and a whole lot future are still out there, let them learn in the right process, and come back grown better.
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
i agree with your last point there. he encourages from behind the stumps, and that's the captain's duty, to marshall your troops. but sometimes he overdoes it, and it has no effect. just my observation.
Did you notice (in the ODIs against Zim) the way he was encouraging the fielders to return the ball to the stumps every ball? He seemed to have some sort of points system in palce, so that every time they returned it to the keeper, they gained a point.

It's a very small thing, but it demonstrates at least two things; 1. that he is genuinely fond of the game and 2. that he can motivate the guys in a simple, competitive yet encouraging way..
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by banfan
it never works... It will ruin our cricket further. Unity of commant is essential for building a cohessive team... Division doesnt help..
so brother, does mashrafi has any divisons?

I did not see this when he was in charge,

rather i saw shakib as best all rounder in world...

Back then, it was all about if shakib, mashrafi performs we win!

THIS TIME ROUND, WE CAN ADD SHAKIB, TAMIM, MASHRAFI AND MUSHFIQUE PERFORM WE WIN!!

GOOD DEVISIONS OVERALL, (PLEASE NO ASHRAFUL ANYMORE)

I CAN SENSE ASHRAFUL INVOLVED IN THIS BEHIND THE SCENE!
Old September 5, 2011, 09:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
It never works... it will ruin our cricket further. Unity of commant is essential for building a cohessive team... division doesnt help..
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think it's more likely to work where the captain in one format doesn't play the other format.

For example, Cook could work as England ODI captain because Strauss (test captain) has retired from ODIs. In the past however, this didn't work when Nasser Hussain was test captain and Vaughan was ODI captain. On the other hand, it seemed to work when michael clarke was captain of the ODI team while Ponting captained the test side. It largely depends on the personalities involved.

We could, say, have Mashrafe as ODI captain (retired from tests) but mushy as test captain. But of course this is a bad example as Mashrafe is not fit....
Old September 5, 2011, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

A good decision considering the current state of Shakib and Tamim as leadership materials. This had to stop. Its time to hand over the captaincy to our natural born leader Musfiqur Rahim who was also the captain of Shakib, tamim and co in u-19 and was very successful as a Captain. About vice captain i am not sure as i dont want to make a non-performing chagol a permanent feature in the team.