facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 9, 2009, 10:16 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Major Decisions at 10th Meeting of BCB Board of Directors

Date: Wednesday, 09 September 2009

Media Release

Major Decisions at 10th Meeting of BCB Board of Directors

The BCB Board of Directors convened for their 10th Meeting today. Chairman Media & Communications Committee Mohammed Jalal Yunus informed that the following major decisions have been taken at the Meeting:

• The Board has decided that Masrafe Bin Mortaza will be captain of the Bangladesh Cricket Team and Shakib Al Hasan will be the Vice Captain for Zimbabwe’s Tour to Bangladesh in October-November 2009.

• The Board has agreed in principle to extend the tenure of Bangladesh Head Coach Jamie Siddons until the end of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011. A three-member committee will be formed to negotiate the terms and conditions of the new contract with the coach.

• Following a request from the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) the BCB has agreed that the Bangladesh Team would appear in the first ever day-night Test match during the Tour of England in May-June 2010. However, this is subject to the approval for day-night Test cricket by the International Cricket Council (ICC).

• Five (05) candidates have been short-listed for the position of the BCB Chief Executive Officer (CEO). A special committee will finalise the CEO appointment process.

• The Board has approved the appointment of Shafiuddin Ahmed FCA as the Chief Financial Officer of the BCB.

• The recommendation to extend the tenure of the National Selection Committee of Chief Selector Rafiqul Alam and Members Naimur Rahman and Akram Khan until 30 June 2010 has been approved.

Media & Communications Department, BCB
Old September 9, 2009, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

More or less good decision. No alternative.
Old September 9, 2009, 11:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Mashrafe named Captain for the Zimbabwe Series

Quote:
Mashrafe Mortaza has been reinstated as captain for Bangladesh's ODI series against Zimbabwe at home, scheduled for October this year. Shakib Al Hasan, who led Bangladesh to their maiden overseas Test series win in the absence of an injured Mortaza, will be his deputy.

Shakib had been appointed as stand-in captain in the absence of Mortaza, who had sustained a knee injury, and he led by example, scoring a match-winning 96 against West Indies at St George's to seal Bangladesh's first overseas Test series win. He followed that up with a 3-0 whitewash in the subsequent ODI series and a 4-1 defeat of Zimbabwe.

Jamie Siddons, who oversaw the recent run of successes as coach, has had his tenure extended in principle until the 2011 World Cup in the subcontinent. A Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) release stated that a three-member committee will be formed to negotiate the terms and conditions of the new contract.

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvzim09/...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS
Old September 9, 2009, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Good Luck Mashrafe.
Old September 9, 2009, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

yipeeeeeeeeeee i dnt know if he'll be a good captain like sakib though
Old September 9, 2009, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

JAMIE SIDDONS AGAIN, SELECTORS AGAIN?

khaled mahmud is the one who supported jamie siddons through out the WI/ZIMB series

BCB khali shesh duita performance bichar korei coach and selectordere rakhlo.......what can i say.........it's like doing the homework at very last time and get a 100 in the test
Old September 9, 2009, 12:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved

khaled mahmud is the one who supported jamie siddons through out the WI/ZIMB series

BCB khali shesh duita performance bichar korei coach and selectordere rakhlo.......what can i say.........it's like doing the homework at very last time and get a 100 in the test
Sorry! Didnt get your point
Old September 9, 2009, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
Sorry! Didnt get your point
about jamie siddons: except the series against WI/ZiMB......did he have major success? a 20 thousand bucks monthly paid coach who loves to take vacation after every series......he is the the head coach of bd......still he doesn't know that much about our domestic cricket.......he is that kind of who is not willing to pick players from the domestic cricket(if u compare him with dave whatmore)

selectors: they believe in politics......yes u can love politics but why would u bring into cricket? also i guess they brought only one player raqibul who is the only potential one .......they also brought naeem/riyad.......but still u can't be dependant on them......one day they do well..one day they do bad...just like other bd players

hopefully now u understand!
Old September 9, 2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
It's a good move, though, Bagh mama-k soriye deya uchit chhilo...
Quote:
Don't see any prob., bro.
Winning is the key, isn't it?!!
Old September 9, 2009, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
It's a good move, though, Bagh mama-k soriye deya uchit chhilo...

Don't see any prob., bro.
Winning is the key, isn't it?!!
bro come to america and visit some high schools(american high schools ain't a joke)......where teachers put final grade for students based on the whole year performance....if u start to do all the hard work last term of the marking period, teacher will be impressed, but he/she will still give u a lower grade..........even in real world....if want a job promotion.....the boss is gonna chq ur whole yr performance.......

cuz we are bengali, we always pick the last perormance!

dui ekta joss joss match jitle manush kemon change hoye jai!
Old September 9, 2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
yipeeeeeeeeeee i dnt know if he'll be a good captain like sakib though
Might be a better one, who knows!?

Wish my captain a happy return
Old September 9, 2009, 12:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Good decision by BCB. As for selectors, apart from bagh mama I am happy with it.
Old September 9, 2009, 01:41 PM
Cricket Sage

i'm not sure if keeping mashrafee as the captain is the best thing to do. our pacers are getting hammered day in and out, and when mash comes back we need him 150% fit, but i think we need him more as a front line bowler than a captain, beside he can always help out sakib in the field.
Old September 9, 2009, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Good decisions except about selectors. These selectors are incapable. That has been proved again and again. Yet another tenure is a worst decision.

What are the decisions on:

1. Sending bowling and fielding coach on overseas tour.
2. Dead line to select CEO.
3. New foreign fielding coach.
Old September 9, 2009, 06:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Anyone interesetd in voting whether JS should STAY or GO? No one??!!!

Ok then.
Old September 9, 2009, 07:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
Anyone interesetd in voting whether JS should STAY or GO? No one??!!!
I would not mind if BCB decided not to extend Siddons' contract. His assistant coaches are more effective in shaping players than he is.
Old September 9, 2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I would not mind if BCB decided not to extend Siddons' contract. His assistant coaches are more effective in shaping players than he is.
Tamim, Mashrafee, Shakib, Ash and others said many times that Siddons is doing a good job for the team. He might has a bad mouth, other than that he is doing ok IMO.
Old September 10, 2009, 01:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Tamim, Mashrafee, Shakib, Ash and others said many times that Siddons is doing a good job for the team. He might has a bad mouth, other than that he is doing ok IMO.
Do you think that they had any option of speaking against him in public?

Unless someone wants to ruin his career/position in the team.
Old September 9, 2009, 08:01 PM
Cricket Guru

On a second thought, I may like to see Siddons to continue just to keep Lipu and other BCB matobbors from meddling with the national team. Current BCB is turning out to be very nosy about team selection and team management. A local coach will definitely won't get the same respect from them like a foreign coach gets. A new foreign coach will also likely to struggle to find his feet in politics around the national team. Siddons on the other hand has done well to be in a dominating position in team politics in his time with the national team so far.
Old September 10, 2009, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Surprised that the discussion about Siddons cover almost 80%. We need him. We have many things to learn from him.
Old September 27, 2009, 04:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

‘লক্ষ্য’ খুঁজে পাচ্ছে না নির্বাচক কমিটি
]ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ২৭-০৯-২০০৯ ১৫:২০

মন্তব্যপ্রিন্ট বিসিবি অফিসের নির্বাচক কমিটির ছোট্ট রুমটিতে আগের সেই ব্যস্ততা নেই। জরুরি কাজ থাকলেই কেবল আসছেন প্রধান নির্বাচক রফিকুল আলম। আকরাম খান আসেন মাঝেমধ্যে। নির্বাচক কমিটির আরেক সদস্য নাঈমুর রহমান তো আসেনই না। তিনি আসলে নিজেকে আর নির্বাচক কমিটির সদস্যই মনে করছেন না!
সামনে জিম্বাবুয়ে সিরিজ। এর পর ভারত আর শ্রীলঙ্কার সঙ্গে দেশেই তিন জাতি সিরিজ। আছে নিউজিল্যান্ড সফর, আসবে ইংল্যান্ড দল। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে বাংলাদেশ দলের এই ব্যস্ততার ঠিক আগের সময়টাতে নির্বাচক কমিটি ভাসছে অনিশ্চয়তার ভেলায়। বর্ধিত মেয়াদ শেষ হয়ে যেতে পারে ২০১১ বিশ্বকাপের আগেই। সামনে ‘বড় কোনো লক্ষ্য’ নেই বলে কাজে-কর্মে কেমন একটা নিরুত্সাহভাব তাঁদের মধ্যে।

বিসিবি রফিকুল আলমের নির্বাচক কমিটির মেয়াদ ২০১০ সালের ৩০ জুন পর্যন্ত বাড়ালেও সেটা গ্রহণযোগ্য নয় নাঈমুরের কাছে। জাতীয় দলের সাবেক এই অধিনায়ক কাল টেলিফোনে জানালেন ক্ষোভের কথা, ‘ব্যক্তিগতভাবে আমি এখন নিজেকে নির্বাচক কমিটির সদস্য মনে করি না। চুক্তি শেষ হওয়ার পর আর তাই অফিসে যাইনি। আমাদের মেয়াদ যে বাড়ানো হয়েছে সেটা আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে জানানোও হয়নি। পত্রিকায় পড়েছি।’ এই জায়গায় নাঈমুরের মতোই বক্তব্য আকরামের। মেয়াদ বাড়ার ব্যাপারে এখনো আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে কিছু শোনেননি তিনিও। যদিও প্রধান নির্বাচক বলেছেন, এ ব্যাপারে বোর্ড তাঁদের সঙ্গে আগেই কথা বলেছে।

নাঈমুরের ক্ষোভের সবচেয়ে বড় কারণ, ‘বোর্ডের এই প্রক্রিয়াটাই আমার কাছে গ্রহণযোগ্য নয়। আমরা দুই বছর কাজ করেছি। তাতেও যদি বোর্ড আমাদের যোগ্যতা নিরূপণ করতে না পারে তো ৯-১০ মাসে কী হবে?’ রফিকুল আলমের নেতৃত্বাধীন তিন সদস্যের নির্বাচক কমিটির মেয়াদ শেষ হয়েছে গত ৩১ আগস্ট। ৯ সেপ্টেম্বরের বোর্ড সভায় নির্বাচক কমিটির জন্য নতুন চাকরি শর্তে সে মেয়াদ বাড়ানো হলেও নাঈমুর বলছেন, ‘চাকরি শর্ত যদি নতুন হয় তাহলে তো মেয়াদ বাড়ানোর প্রশ্ন আসে না! নতুন শর্তে নতুন চুক্তিই করতে হবে। এর আগে যখন আমাদের মেয়াদ এক মাসের জন্য বাড়ানো হলো, আমি একজন বোর্ড সদস্যকে অনুরোধ করেছিলাম নতুন শর্ত নিয়ে আমাদের সঙ্গে আলোচনা করতে। কিন্তু তাঁরা সেটা করেননি।’ নাঈমুরের কাছে নির্বাচকের কাজটাকে এখন আর সম্মানজনক কিছু মনে হচ্ছে না, “আগে শুনেছি, এটা একটা ‘অনারারি জব’। কিন্তু এখন মনে হচ্ছে এটা শুধুই একটা ‘জব’...অন্য দশটা চাকরির মতোই। ‘অনার’টা আর নেই এখানে।”

মেয়াদ যেহেতু বাড়ানো হয়েছে বর্তমান নির্বাচক কমিটির কাজে বোর্ডকে সন্তুষ্ট ধরে নিতেই হবে। কিন্তু সেটা হলে, বিশ্বকাপকে সামনে রেখেও মেয়াদটা কেন মাত্র ১০ মাসের জন্য বাড়ল? ২০১০ সালের জুনে যদি এই নির্বাচক কমিটিকে বোর্ডের কাছে অযোগ্য মনে হয়, মাত্র সাত মাস পরের বিশ্বকাপটার জন্য কি তখন নতুন নির্বাচক কমিটি খুঁজবে তারা? মাত্র ছয়-সাত মাসের মধ্যে সেই নতুন কমিটির পক্ষে কি সম্ভব বিশ্বকাপের দল তৈরি করা? প্রশ্নগুলো সাবেক প্রধান নির্বাচক ফারুক আহমেদের, ‘এই সিদ্ধান্তের একটাই অর্থ হতে পারে। বোর্ড নির্বাচকদের ওপর ভরসা রাখতে পারছে না। কিন্তু ভরসাই যদি না থাকে, কেন তাঁদের আরেক মেয়াদে রাখা? আর যদি তাঁদের ওপর আস্থা থাকে তাহলে কেন এই কমিটিকে একবারেই ২০১১ বিশ্বকাপ পর্যন্ত রেখে দেওয়া হচ্ছে না!’ ফারুক মনে করেন, বিশ্বকাপের দল তৈরির কথা মাথায় রেখেই গঠন করা উচিত নির্বাচক কমিটি, ‘নতুন কমিটি আনলে এখনই আনা উচিত যাতে তারা বিশ্বকাপের দল তৈরির কাজ করতে পারে। তা না হলে এই কমিটিকে এখনই জানিয়ে দিতে হবে তারাই বিশ্বকাপের দল বানাবে, তাতে কাজেরও সুবিধা হবে। এ রকম একটা সময়ে নির্বাচক কমিটির মেয়াদ মাত্র ৯-১০ মাস বাড়তে পারে না।’

বিসিবির নির্বাচক নির্বাচন কমিটির সদস্য জালাল ইউনুস অবশ্য মনে করেন, মেয়াদ অল্প সময়ের জন্য বাড়ানো হলেও তাতে নির্বাচকদের হতাশার কিছু নেই, ‘২০১১ বিশ্বকাপ পর্যন্ত মেয়াদ বাড়ানো হয়নি কারণ সে ক্ষেত্রে কাজের মূল্যায়নের জন্য সময়টা বেশি দীর্ঘ হয়ে যেত। মাঝখানে আর মূল্যায়নের সুযোগ থাকত না। তবে আমরা ইতিবাচকভাবেই চিন্তা করছি। আশা করি, বর্তমান নির্বাচক কমিটি তাদের দায়িত্ব ভালোভাবে পালন করতে পারবে। মেয়াদ কত সময়ের জন্য বাড়ল সেটা ভেবে তাদের হতাশ হওয়ার কিছু নেই। তাছাড়া নতুন চাকরি শর্তে তাদের সঙ্গে নতুন করেই চুক্তি হবে।’ তবে জালাল ইউনুস স্বীকার করেছেন, নতুন চাকরি শর্ত তৈরি ও তা বাস্তবায়নে তাদের গতিটা একটু শ্লথই। এ ব্যাপারে বিসিবির ক্রিকেট অপারেশনস ও নির্বাচক নির্বাচন কমিটির প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেনের বক্তব্য, ‘নির্বাচকদের চাকরির নতুন শর্তাবলি নিয়ে কাজ চলছে। শর্তাবলি চূড়ান্ত করে সেটা বোর্ডে অনুমোদন করতে হবে। তার আগে আমরা অবশ্যই নির্বাচক কমিটির সঙ্গে এ নিয়ে আলোচনা করব।’

http://www.prothom-alo.com/newsite1/...9-28/news/8175
Old September 27, 2009, 06:05 PM

"dutjoy" amader nirbachok - vabtei kemon jani lage!
Old September 28, 2009, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Durjoy once did not accept call up to the National Team, I remember. Khelar cheye shomman ta boro- obhiman ta boro.

On another note, Mainul Haque was the selector who once sacked him from the Team saying "orokom bowling amio hat ghuriye korte pari". That guy, I heard is one of the candidtaes shortlisted for BCB CEO position. Durjoy might be waiting to see what happens before going to the office again. If he's thinking about doing what Rafique did to him before retiring at the press conference, that would be interesting...
Old September 28, 2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
Durjoy once did not accept call up to the National Team, I remember. Khelar cheye shomman ta boro- obhiman ta boro.

On another note, Mainul Haque was the selector who once sacked him from the Team saying "orokom bowling amio hat ghuriye korte pari". That guy, I heard is one of the candidtaes shortlisted for BCB CEO position. Durjoy might be waiting to see what happens before going to the office again. If he's thinking about doing what Rafique did to him before retiring at the press conference, that would be interesting...
Getting interesting in deed...