facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 18, 2006, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Preparation for year ahead

The tigers preparation has not been discussed in detail. However, would it be prudent to take certain surgical steps to correct a few problems, that cannot be used as excuses when we finally meet Australia (assumption being that the series will go ahead)

In order of priority, I would look into following factors and adjust a plan accordingly:

Set deadline for Tiger's commitments this year. We cannot be at the mercy of foreign board's whim to set our annual schedule. This is a management problem as our board are to flexible when negotiating with others. Schedules should be realistic to provide the players ample time to prepare.

Immediate finalisation of preliminary group of 30- which means that no new faces should be brought in at this late stage. In some ways this is set but the availability of afew key players such as Mashrafee and Tapash should be examined.

Composition of a viable A team- get the team order set so that there can a few practice games between A team and the National team. Ideally we should have had a few by now interspersed between the premier league.

Bowling coach- once and for all, the need for a part time bowling coach is important. I would like to see a coach on ground working with our frontline attack and getting to know the behaviour of our new pitches, such as Bogra.

Batting coach- i think this may not be necessary or more likely that the BCB are satisfied with Dav in this role. And the local coaches may have to play a more crucial role to determine the gaps and come up with a training programme at short notice.

Finalise venues and the pitch preparation details in advance so that players are aware of what to expect.

Overseas commitments of individual players- BCB should give enough freedom for aspiring National players to pursue careers overseas(contracts). But they should think about dealing with the degree of overseas burden and how they can ensure that the contracted player is getting the best exposure and benefit for the National team.

Old January 18, 2006, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Bowling and batting coach is a must for Bangladesh. I don't know why they don't bring someone fulltime for those positions. These bowling and batting coaches can not only work with the national team but also with A team, age group team and can conduct coaching seminar and stuff like that.
Old January 18, 2006, 12:56 PM
BC Editorial Team

If we need a separate Batting Coach, Bowling Coach and Psychotherapist, pray tell what is Mr. Davanol doing?
Old January 18, 2006, 01:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
what is Mr. Davanol doing?
Mone hoi Bhuri te Shorsher tel deye chader upor madurey boshe rodh pohachen.
Old January 18, 2006, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Well he should take care of the team and make stratergies, selection of the team and things like that... but details of bowling and batting should come from bowling and batting coach....
Old January 19, 2006, 03:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

How many crucial catches our fielders have dropped over the last few years? Too many for my liking. For a team like us, dropping dollies at slips or elsewhere tend to bite us more than say other teams, simply because we don't get too many chances to redeem ourselves. Catching is a big problem for us , particularly in the slips, and must emphasize on that. To begin with, we must indentify the three best slip catchers and persist with them. Bring in a great fielding coach who also was a good slip catcher, and make the desired three or four of the bunch to work with him on all aspects of that position.
Old January 19, 2006, 07:32 PM
BC Editorial Team

Beamer, I don't think we need a fielding coach. If you look at our drops, you will realize that they happen so much because most of our catches come haphazardly. We might have a session where our bowlers are doing nothing, batsman is having a great time and then all of a sudden we'll get a catch. Those sort of things are not a issue of technique but concentration - that's the short term fix. Longer term our bowlers need to become adept at building and sustaining pressure so that at every ball the fielders _expect_ a catch to happen. That's why the Aussies are such great slip fielders and the Windies before them were. Our fielders simply don't expect the chance to arise.
Old January 19, 2006, 09:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
If you look at our drops, you will realize that they happen so much because most of our catches come haphazardly. We might have a session where our bowlers are doing nothing, batsman is having a great time and then all of a sudden we'll get a catch.
That could be said for most teams bar Australia. Anyhow, there have been countless times where balls have been dropped within a couple of overs of each other.
Old January 20, 2006, 04:28 AM

Preparation for year ahead

BCB president : Good by Mr. Lobby.
Old January 20, 2006, 08:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

I like BD bowlers. I think they are good but BD batsman need to improve much much more.