facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 23, 2005, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Well, I understand that some of us are puzzled how our age groups are doing so good against countris whose senior sides regularly thrashing ours. The answer is quite simple- our raw talents are as good as that of all other Test countries, if not better. But the problem is where young talents of Aus, Eng, Ind, SA, and SL have strong domestic competions to improve their skills further, we have no option but throw Aftabs and Abirs into the international stage, at a time, according to Whatmore, they don't even know their own games that well.

Edited on, August 23, 2005, 4:59 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Old August 23, 2005, 12:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Well, I understand that some of us are puzzled how our age groups are doing so good against countris whose senior sides regularly thrashing ours. The answer is quite simple- our raw talents are as good as that of all other Test countries, if not better. But the problem is where young talents of Aus, Eng, Ind, SA, and SL have strong domestic competions to improve their skills further, we have no option but throw Aftabs and Abirs into the international stage, at a time, according to Whatmore, they don't even know their own games that well.

Thats what my aussie friend told me too. Lack of domestic exposure.
Old August 24, 2005, 10:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher

Agree 100% with you.
Old August 25, 2005, 06:37 AM
Cricket Legend

People have mistaken me for being a 20+... i turned 18 quite recently
Old August 25, 2005, 07:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Since most of the us are not directly involved with the selection process we have no idea about the truth. We try to believe the selectors (although it is hard to believe any BD officials/ Politicians/ police/ heck Imams/leaders anybody and everybody).

All i think of is Dana cup and gothia cup!! shame shame and shame!!
Rather than this long list, it's easier to not trust You.
Old August 25, 2005, 07:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rudro
Please read my posts carefully. I just wanted to know if we are following age restrictions. I have the memory of 'Dana' and 'Gothia' in my mind like some other members. I was very happy to see the New Age report on the player's age.

I googled every minute to find out the winning news from Malayasia. Like many of you, I pass sleepless nights waiting to see Bangladesh perform in every corner of the globe. I feel like I am part of the Bangladesh team in any occassion. Asking such questions will only benefit our team in the long run. You might treat such postings as negative attitude, but I don't.

This is not the first time Bangladesh age group is wining. Bangladesh beat Australia in the under 19 plate Cup final last February. That was sweeter than ever. There was no such question as it was an ICC event and age restrictions were fairly implemented. Again, I just want our selectors to continue to fairly implement the age restrictions.
We understand you had the good intentions. But your thread is taken as an opportunity for those who don't.
You also missed one important point, our U-19 was overwhelmingly successful in Australia (9 wins and 1 tie including two wins aganst Oz U-19)
Old August 25, 2005, 01:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

who the hell cares? lets just enjoy cricket for gods sake. can we stop bringing this up?