facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 31, 2016, 05:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Romij Raja keno Bangladesh er chagol paey.
?

Old April 1, 2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
One of my cousin brother also studied in India. I heard from him that Kolkata bengali are treated badly in other parts of India. They are treated like third class citizen in India. For this reason, many kolkata bengalis don't want to learn Bangla or don't want to communicate in Bangla. They either prefer English or Hindi. Most of the young generations are ashamed of their root (many came from Bangladesh). No wonder why kolkata bengalis hate (or may be jealous) Bangladeshis more than any than races in India.
You are talking about things you don't know.
Old April 2, 2016, 12:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
You are talking about things you don't know.
No, I am talking about things which I came to know but did not experience it by myself. You could say what I did know may not be true !
Old April 2, 2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
No, I am talking about things which I came to know but did not experience it by myself. You could say what I did know may not be true !
You don't understand how India works. And understanding that from an input of a single person is up to you. It's a cricketing forum so I stop here.
Old April 2, 2016, 09:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
You don't understand how India works. And understanding that from an input of a single person is up to you. It's a cricketing forum so I stop here.
So please tell us how it works? We have had BD journalists being denied hotel coz of their nationality. Then few other members also alluded to it with their personal experiences. It's definitely more than one person.
Old April 2, 2016, 09:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

Friends why not we just stick to cricket? I understand that there are wrongs in every country but thats a different issue and can be debated in a different forum. Lets stay away from that.
Old April 2, 2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
So please tell us how it works? We have had BD journalists being denied hotel coz of their nationality. Then few other members also alluded to it with their personal experiences. It's definitely more than one person.
Please refer to the original post which has no relationship with this incident.
Old April 6, 2016, 09:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

I read this article. It appears to be a balanced one, but the article in fact little biased against BD fans in my opinion. He quoted from papers like Dhaka Tribune, but did not mention about the articles of the mainstream newspapers like Daily Star or Prothom Alo. I submitted about 5 comments, but those were not published. I think cricinfo was mainly publishing the comments that supported the author. He failed to explain why Wasim Akram, Gavaskar, Harshley, West Indian commentators, Shourav, etc are popular in BD. Why BD fans reaction to Wasim and Ramiz are different?
Old April 6, 2016, 11:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

I love Ramiz Raja's commentray...top bloke. Remember in that Asia cup final when MS Dhoni hit that six off Al Amin his commentary was gold - " That has absolutely punctured the spirit of the crowd!" LOL

Legend
Old April 6, 2016, 12:53 PM
BC Editorial Team

Austin - and you'd have been perfectly fine it it was an India vs Pakistan match and a Pakistani batsman had done that to win a game? If Raja had made that comment then you'd still think he was a legend, right?
Old April 6, 2016, 01:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Austin - and you'd have been perfectly fine it it was an India vs Pakistan match and a Pakistani batsman had done that to win a game? If Raja had made that comment then you'd still think he was a legend, right?
His response would be Raja should grow up, he's immature blah blah blah....Why bother?
Old April 6, 2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I would love to know to understand how India works. It would be an opportunity for me and many others to know more about India, it;s people and culture. Please enlighten us using the Forget Cricket section ... would be much appreciated.

Much thanks
Old April 6, 2016, 05:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Just read that article. The writer nailed it on each point.

We are very passionate fans. Sometimes we react OTT. We fans need to calm down a bit and take things easy. Maturity will come by time and progression of the team but showing anger and reacting whimsically won't help the cause. Otherwise, people like Ramiz will keep poking at us and making fun of us.
The article is basically saying the BD fans to grow. The author thinks we are overeating to Ramiz's comments. But it is interesting to observe the "overreaction" of the author and the indian and Pakistani fans (most probably) to the "reaction" of BD fans. Let me point out some of the observations of Jarrod:

- Jarod said" ..........It was a very smartly written analysis of the situation, and it showed that the BCB clearly have a quality lawyer on their side.
But he put it on Facebook. What other lawyer would release private information about his work with a cricket board on Facebook, in a public post?..............."

I have seen lawyers talking about their cases on TV/Newspaper. What's wrong with Facebook? Is it illegal or unethical?

- Jarod ".....Over the last couple of years there has been no one in cricket who hasn't suffered at the hands of an angry Bangladesh fan for a slight, real or imagine..."

Everyone in cricket has suffered at the hands of BD fans? What an unfair and wrong comment. How WI or NZ fans have suffered at the hands of BD?

-Jarod "....No, because simply put, the major teams don't care or even notice Bangladesh exists........."

They actually started caring when India was kicked out by BD in 2007. They started changing the format, reducing the team, etc. etc.
Old April 6, 2016, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
I love Ramiz Raja's commentray...top bloke. Remember in that Asia cup final when MS Dhoni hit that six off Al Amin his commentary was gold - " That has absolutely punctured the spirit of the crowd!" LOL

Legend
As long as you love him. We are happy.