facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 16, 2012, 06:16 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
And how many of them have scored runs on a minefield? because the way Shakib and Gazi was getting rip towards the end today i honestly think there could be big trouble ahead for Bangla.
Where did u see Shakib and Gazi getting rip today??? None of the wickets came from any turn...

Old November 16, 2012, 06:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
It isn't turning "big time".. infact, its barely turning other than some rare ones
in fact the only wicket which resulted from a turn was Samuel's. All the other deliveries were arm balls/ quickers.
You're in denial i'm afraid!!!..Shakib was getting handled with total ease then suddenly the ball started gripping and turning which resulted in him getting edges and lbw chances, same thing with Gazi, hence why four wickets fell ALL TO SPINNERS,
Old November 16, 2012, 06:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr cricket
Yea, but atleast this match proves we can be competitive in Test format. We just need more chances to play top nations.
if we win tomorrow(allah, pls kobul koro. amen), then it will be faded after 6 months but would leave some impact on tigers to look at. thats all mate, just like our other wins in ODI. we wont be counted till we dont start whip up.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Yea, but atleast this match proves we can be competitive in Test format. We just need more chances to play top nations, so we can continue to improve.
exactly !!! And not to forget this performance came after 1 year gap in test cricket !! Give us more tests and we will just get "better and better"
Old November 16, 2012, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yea, but atleast this match proves we can be competitive in Test format. We just need more chances to play top nations, so we can continue to improve.
Nothing's "proven" unless you can emulate it again. IF we somehow pull of a miracle win this match, it'll be called a fluke by many, which is fair enough. We need to at least put up this kind of fight as often as possible.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Nothing's "proven" unless you can emulate it again. IF we somehow pull of a miracle win this match, it'll be called a fluke by many, which is fair enough. We need to at least put up this kind of fight as often as possible.
For Tests, a fluke is what we need now! Then we can think of winning regularly.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 16, 2012, 06:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Crucial day tomorrow , we need to bundled them out before lunch . Sami and Chanderpaul pair is their last hope !!
Old November 16, 2012, 06:25 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
You're in denial i'm afraid!!!..Shakib was getting handled with total ease then suddenly the ball started gripping and turning which resulted in him getting edges and lbw chances, same thing with Gazi, hence why four wickets fell ALL TO SPINNERS,
Sohag Gazi to Samuels, OUT, one follows the other and Sohag Gazi takes out Samuels! Flatter delivery, a touch short, it bounced up from nowhere and got big on Samuels, who ended up fending it straight to forward short leg.

Shakib Al Hasan to Powell, OUT, Shakib gets one now! late drama in this match. After tossing up a couple, he bowls this flat and outside off, Powell went back and expected the ball to come to him, but the ball went straight through, and Mushi makes no mistake behind the stumps. The centurion, who looked so comfortable, is gone.

Shakib Al Hasan to Ramdin, OUT, another one falls in the fading light! bowls this flat and quick, Ramdin took a step forward but tried to go back as the ball came in with the arm. He missed the ball and that hit him right in front of the middle

Sohag Gazi to Permaul, OUT, Gazi strikes! It was tossed up, Permaul came forward to defend and was expecting the ball to turn just like the previous two, this one didn't, it went straight on. Permaul played inside the line and heard the death rattle as the ball hit the off stick

you like your batsmen assumed that all of a sudden, the surface turned from absoloute dead to a complete mine field... and that is why they lost wickets and you are losing the argument.

it can't "suddenly" start turning... think what you are saying.

By no means, Am I saying that tmrw West indies spinners wont get turn, but none of today's wickets were based on turn.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
exactly !!! And not to forget this performance came after 1 year gap in test cricket !! Give us more tests and we will just get "better and better"
i think also the players were able to prepare quite well coming into this series. i know NCL isn't the best quality but the test players got a couple of FC matches to work on the things they needed to for FC cricket in those matches. quite often when you have a series it's not that long after another and you might play t20s and ODIs leading up to the test matches.
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
he will be back. Pet kharap aar koydin thake. He must have had lots of immodium by now
Ekhon Je situation, he will even use super glue to seal the outlet and play tomorrow..
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Though it doesn't help if we play a test series in every 1 yr =/

weshould arrange yearly test series like we did with ODIs in the past, i guess.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i think also the players were able to prepare quite well coming into this series. i know NCL isn't the best quality but the test players got a couple of FC matches to work on the things they needed to for FC cricket in those matches. quite often when you have a series it's not that long after another and you might play t20s and ODIs leading up to the test matches.
Yeah playing the NCL did hell of a good to the national team players... They came onto this test with lots of a confidence... Specially Tamim and Naeem ... They played the way they've scored runs in the NCL... I think BCB should schedule the NCL in such a way so that each of the national team players can participate in it....
Old November 16, 2012, 06:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Sohag Gazi to Samuels, OUT, one follows the other and Sohag Gazi takes out Samuels! Flatter delivery, a touch short, it bounced up from nowhere and got big on Samuels, who ended up fending it straight to forward short leg.

Shakib Al Hasan to Powell, OUT, Shakib gets one now! late drama in this match. After tossing up a couple, he bowls this flat and outside off, Powell went back and expected the ball to come to him, but the ball went straight through, and Mushi makes no mistake behind the stumps. The centurion, who looked so comfortable, is gone.

Shakib Al Hasan to Ramdin, OUT, another one falls in the fading light! bowls this flat and quick, Ramdin took a step forward but tried to go back as the ball came in with the arm. He missed the ball and that hit him right in front of the middle

Sohag Gazi to Permaul, OUT, Gazi strikes! It was tossed up, Permaul came forward to defend and was expecting the ball to turn just like the previous two, this one didn't, it went straight on. Permaul played inside the line and heard the death rattle as the ball hit the off stick

you like your batsmen assumed that all of a sudden, the surface turned from absoloute dead to a complete mine field... and that is why they lost wickets and you are losing the argument.

it can't "suddenly" start turning... think what you are saying.

By no means, Am I saying that tmrw West indies spinners wont get turn, but none of today's wickets were based on turn.
LOL excuse me did you actually WATCH the game today? if so you wouldn't need quotes from Cricinfo to support your biased argument!!!, the fact is your spinners were totally feckless until the ball started getting grip late in the day and turning, and if that wasn't evident in the Samuels wicket then i don't know what you were watching!!!,

Now you can fool yourself into thinking the pitch is gonna be dead and we'll just roll over and allow Bang to win, but I KNOW what i saw out there today, and i'm extremely confident that our spinners will cause serious problems with the way the pitch was playing, infact today ten wickets fell and guess how many went to spin? SEVEN!!! , and it will only get worse tomorrow!!.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:42 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Disagree.. you have to beat Zimbabwe, West Indies and NZ in Test matches regularly. Playing top nations is not going to happen because BD results are so poor.

I fully understand the passion but be realistic. If BD cannot beat Zimbabwe over and over or the 8th ranked team regularly, then playing Australia, India, SA and England will make no difference.

The problems are internal, not external. It's not about who BD plays, but HOW they play
Old November 16, 2012, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Disagree.. you have to beat Zimbabwe, West Indies and NZ in Test matches regularly. Playing top nations is not going to happen because BD results are so poor.

I fully understand the passion but be realistic. If BD cannot beat Zimbabwe over and over or the 8th ranked team regularly, then playing Australia, India, SA and England will make no difference.

The problems are internal, not external. It's not about who BD plays, but HOW they play
Exactly.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Tomorrow morning is a BIG session! The lead isn't enough yet for WI and they are in a 50-50 position. This means BD have a REAL chance to press on here and bowl out WI to chase less than 280.

Brilliant effort.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
if we win tomorrow(allah, pls kobul koro. amen), then it will be faded after 6 months but would leave some impact on tigers to look at. thats all mate, just like our other wins in ODI. we wont be counted till we dont start whip up.
Agreed to all

Quote:
If we win this, it will be our first victory against the big "8" nations. It will also change the way other nations looks at us.

Lets pray for the best.
@Mr. Cricket:

It definitely doesn't change opinions.... But why are you so bothered about other people's opinion? Our own feelings and opinion is more important that other people. Does it change with one win? It doesn't ..so, wait for ourself to form that opinion first...

One win can make us feel good, but doesn't prove anything...
Old November 16, 2012, 06:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Now you can fool yourself into thinking the pitch is gonna be dead and we'll just roll over and allow Bang to win, but I KNOW what i saw out there today, and i'm extremely confident that our spinners will cause serious problems with the way the pitch was playing, infact today ten wickets fell and guess how many went to spin? SEVEN!!! , and it will only get worse tomorrow!!.
Agreed that spinners will be more effective tomorrow....waiting to see how our boys handle them...
Old November 16, 2012, 06:51 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
It definitely doesn't change opinions.... But why are you so bothered about other people's opinion? Our own feelings and opinion is more important that other people. Does it change with one win? It doesn't ..so, wait for ourself to form that opinion first...

One win can make us feel good, but doesn't prove anything...
I am dealing in facts not opinion. I love the passion in BD and the hope that winning a test match will magically transform things. But it won't.

People's opinion have huge value and everyone is entitled to theirs. No issues. I am pointing out that it doesn't change fact about cricket that's all.

I hope BD can win this Test match. Nothing would thrill me more and nothing would help the team more than finally winning a Test at home. This would be for the fans. They deserve something to cheer about.

I can believe I am the best player when I am the worst. That's up to me and no one can change that view if I don't want to listen. But then I mustn't think I can change the view of the world about me if the facts are against me. It doesn't stop me living in my OWN world though....

I hope BD can bowl WI out and stride to victory. They will never have a better chance to do so.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Ian, that wasn't directed at you...
Old November 16, 2012, 06:55 AM
Cricket Guru

What a fight by our boys!
Old November 16, 2012, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Tbh the pitch isn't turning that much. Shakib got wickets with his best ARM deliveries and the one Gazi got Permaul didn't even turn, it just straightened. The only one that bounced awkwardly was the one to Samuels. We have a fair chance to win this one tomorrow imho
Old November 16, 2012, 07:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Tbh the pitch isn't turning that much. Shakib got wickets with his best ARM deliveries and the one Gazi got Permaul didn't even turn, it just straightened. The only one that bounced awkwardly was the one to Samuels. We have a fair chance to win this one tomorrow imho
Wicket ball may not have turned that doesn't mean that wicket wasn't turning...and an arm ball is effective when the other balls are turning... But yet it wasn't too much turning for us. But both WI spinners were getting some turns even today morning...
Old November 16, 2012, 07:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

If Chanders is back i think we have a good chance of making it till lunch, after that i think only one team can win it from there.
Old November 16, 2012, 07:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Here there are lots of controversy going on regarding the impact of test victory. As a team we have progressed in last 1 year. We have shown our improvement in Asia cup. We have never won a test against full strength W I. If we can win tomorrow, we can prove that our improvement curve is upword. So how come people say this test victory will not have any impact ?
Old November 16, 2012, 07:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
If Chanders is back i think we have a good chance of making it till lunch, after that i think only one team can win it from there.
if sammy go early,then chander will play with tailenders.