facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 13, 2005, 06:31 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Is this the end of Australian Dynasty

lossing odi with bangladesh.............................lossing agianst england in oneday.................................and now giving away the ashes to england.......................and not to mention more then half of the team is facing aging crisis..............
is this the strat of the decline of aussie cricket????????????

Edited on, September 13, 2005, 11:54 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content: All caps removed. Please try to avoid all caps (forum rule # A.2.1). Thanks.

Old September 13, 2005, 07:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

NO way man. We still have plenty of talent in this current team, and the next generation show a lot of promise..
Old September 13, 2005, 08:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Australia 3
West Indies 0
Old September 13, 2005, 08:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Beware the sleeping dragon....

Australia have yet to be tested in all these years (apart from India and West Indies in 1995). England caught Australia napping, so now that they are awake, I will be very surprised if they allow England to consolidate on their Ashes victory in 18 months...
Old September 13, 2005, 10:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Australia will remain good to very good even after Warne and Mcgrath are gone. They just won't steamroll people all the time like we were accustomed to, in the last ten years or so. They will lose a lot more but still will win their share of games. To be frank, you don't replace Warne and McGrath with anyone. They are once a lifetime player and both played together! They have to be really lucky to have two such players at the same time. So, no dynasty, but still a very strong team, always in the top three. There will be more parity in cricket. England should be the best team in years to come. Not quite Aussie like, simply because they don't have any spinner of quality or none in the horizon either. So, they will count their losses in the sub-continent.
Old September 14, 2005, 12:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

by the way they lost to england in ODI but won the trophy convincingly. They are a force in ODI for sure. With new blood they will be tough to handle in WC07. Perfect timing to reload. England is still #5 in my book in ODI.
Aus, SL, NZ, WI (full strength) or SA. Pakis are crazy.

Edited on, September 14, 2005, 5:09 AM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old September 14, 2005, 01:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Australia stil the #1 in both Test and One day. Loosing Ashes will only make them even stronger
Old September 14, 2005, 07:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

I would expect Australia to resume business as usual when they start playing again.

They will beat the World XI because Australia are a team, the World XI are not. The WIndies will be thrashed because they were no good, and I think they will beat SA.

Whatever, McGrath and Warne are irreplaceable so Australia will never be as good as they have been this era again in my lifetime after they retire.

About the Ashes next time, I an quietly confident England will win that. Mainly because injury permitting Englands team will be almost the same, wheras Australia will probably of had to gel new players into the side.

England ARE NOT the number one side in the world despite what some people say. To get that tag (unless Australia go on a losing streak) they have to beat India and Pakistan away, and then retain the Ashes in Australia.
Old September 14, 2005, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

australia will still be a good side in 2 years time, but they wont be as good and several teams will be vying for the top spot without a clear no. 1
Old September 14, 2005, 11:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

I too think Australia will be good side for another 2 years. They will be playing the current players for 2 years and after two years there going to be 3 to 5 players going to retire soon inluding Gilchrist, Hayden, McGrath, Warne... That time would be the time Australia's end with lots of new players coming to team and they will be taking 3 to 4 years to establish and at this period there going to lots of team defeating Australia.

If they dont want to this happen, they should give rest to Hayden, Gilchrist, McGrath, Warne etc by rotation and give chance to Haddin, Hussey, Bracken, Williams McGill and other players right now against Westindies and Bangladesh and make them grow. They should be aiming to develp team for the World Cup and after World Cup. They dont want some new players to come in bunch into the team right.
Old September 15, 2005, 02:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
I would expect Australia to resume business as usual when they start playing again.

They will beat the World XI because Australia are a team, the World XI are not. The WIndies will be thrashed because they were no good, and I think they will beat SA.

Whatever, McGrath and Warne are irreplaceable so Australia will never be as good as they have been this era again in my lifetime after they retire.

About the Ashes next time, I an quietly confident England will win that. Mainly because injury permitting Englands team will be almost the same, wheras Australia will probably of had to gel new players into the side.

England ARE NOT the number one side in the world despite what some people say. To get that tag (unless Australia go on a losing streak) they have to beat India and Pakistan away, and then retain the Ashes in Australia.
Australian cricket team can still be considered as a number 1 team, although their dominance might not be as prominant as it has been, as for England, they showed Australia can be beaten but they r far from being number 1. Australia didnt even play well but still all the tests that England won were close ones. Also dont forget India, they drew the series against aussies down under, Let English cricket team do that atleast.
Old September 15, 2005, 03:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

England have only been doing well for 18 months. Australia did well for 18 YEARS.

England do indeed have a lot to do yet. The rankings don't lie, they show that Australia have been consistent over a long period of time, something England have yet to do.
Old September 16, 2005, 01:58 AM
Cricket Legend

I think after SHane Warne they will face problem in their spin department. McGill is old too.
Old September 16, 2005, 02:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by jabbar
Beware the sleeping dragon....

Australia have yet to be tested in all these years (apart from India and West Indies in 1995). England caught Australia napping, so now that they are awake, I will be very surprised if they allow England to consolidate on their Ashes victory in 18 months...
well said..........

i just cant wait for the next ashes.....counting days.....
Old September 16, 2005, 02:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
.....About the Ashes next time, I an quietly confident England will win that. Mainly because injury permitting Englands team will be almost the same, wheras Australia will probably of had to gel new players into the side.
I guess this comment is influenced by the notion that all players (Trescothic, strauss, pietersen, vaughan and flintoff) will be inform. hmmm...it would be interesting to see, to say the least, how things will turn out if some of them arent. I think this time around next year, Aus will be much better prepared. They will try to exploit the weakness of english players to spin from the start (especially at SCG). They will have inform bowlers at their disposal (pick inform players from domestic cricket). They will not make the mistakes that they made this series. Ponting will be a much wiser captain, wont have those blemishes on field. And you can bet that by this time next year, Aus will be equally efficient in the art of reverse swing.

As was this series, Eng are now in unchartered territory. They have won the ashes series fair and square. But defending it in Australia will be the ultimate trial. I am not so sure of that.

As to Mcgrath and Warne, I think they wont end their career until after the next ashes series (hopefully winning it back).
Old September 18, 2005, 02:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

guyz u cn say dat this is the start of another dynasty 4 aus!
Old September 18, 2005, 10:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketboy
I think after SHane Warne they will face problem in their spin department. McGill is old too.
Maybe Cameron White can step up. He is Voctorian, so when Warney comes back to Melbourne, he'll get a chance to mentor Cameron and hopefully get him up to Test standard.
Old September 18, 2005, 10:07 PM
Test Cricketer

I must say though, this Ashes series is wonderful for Test cricket, and the game of cricket in general. Hopefully the ICC won't make Twenty20 a major format now (even though I think it is a useful format for introducing newcomers to the game...)
Old September 19, 2005, 03:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

I agree jabbar.

I am already bored of 20/20 to be honest.

The more it is played, the more wiser the bowlers and captains will come to restricting the scoring, and the big hitting will soon be cut down to an unappealing level.

One 20/20 a tour, nothing more. A tournament or series of it would be a bad idea.