facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who do we want to play in the SF
India 17 36.17%
South Africa 30 63.83%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 11, 2017, 11:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Don't see us winning against India.
You don't need to believe in quantum mechanics to see India cannot beat India.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old June 11, 2017, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Obviously, you won't since your Ind fan
Old June 11, 2017, 11:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
You don't need to believe in quantum mechanics to see India cannot beat India.
Hahaha
Cracked me up
Old June 11, 2017, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I believe whoever bats second will win. We need Soumya or Sabbir to click and score 50+. If both of them click chasing down 340 is possible.
Old June 11, 2017, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Oh no the mighty India. Too strong for now.
Old June 11, 2017, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

If Mash pulls this one off, I won't call for his retirement for 6 months. After which, I will go back to calling for his retirement. Haha.
Old June 11, 2017, 01:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

so we are playing ind? Damn that 84 all out will be fresh in their minds
Old June 11, 2017, 03:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
You don't even see us winning against Afghanistan. Can you say something new
Old June 11, 2017, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't understand why people are not happy at the prospect of playing India, Sri Lanka did beat them, and the South Africa side they beat today was very poor, even Zimbabwe would have good chance of beating them the way they played or choked today
Old June 12, 2017, 04:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dhoni, ABD, Chris Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Roy, I am rooting for an Indian win. Dude forget about the Pak and India rivalry. Im telling you Bang vs Ind is the new intense rivalry and will surpass any other viewership number.
Partially agree with you, but to replace the Indo-Pak rivalry, it will take sometime.

There are 2 reasons for it.

1. With Pakistan we have a history of enemity and it spills down to cricket field as well. BD is generally considered as a friendly country in India. So that "Dushmani" is missing in case of Bangladesh.

2. As I have said earlier in another post, despite the recent improvement by the Bangladesh team, you are yet to reach a level where you can regularly defeat top teams like India, England, Australia etc

If you ignore the last 10 years or so, Pakistan was genuinely great team that can beat India on any given day.

So it takes the uncertainty out of India Bangladesh matches as we know that India can beat you on 8 out 10 occasions.
Old June 12, 2017, 05:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan4mAssam
Partially agree with you, but to replace the Indo-Pak rivalry, it will take sometime.

There are 2 reasons for it.

1. With Pakistan we have a history of enemity and it spills down to cricket field as well. BD is generally considered as a friendly country in India. So that "Dushmani" is missing in case of Bangladesh.

2. As I have said earlier in another post, despite the recent improvement by the Bangladesh team, you are yet to reach a level where you can regularly defeat top teams like India, England, Australia etc

If you ignore the last 10 years or so, Pakistan was genuinely great team that can beat India on any given day.

So it takes the uncertainty out of India Bangladesh matches as we know that India can beat you on 8 out 10 occasions.
I think the BD rivalry has been created by the media and fans on social media. And as India refuses to play Pakistan on political grounds, the rivalry between India and BD can grow, but wont be as large as the one with Pak.
Old June 12, 2017, 05:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I think the BD rivalry has been created by the media and fans on social media. And as India refuses to play Pakistan on political grounds, the rivalry between India and BD can grow, but wont be as large as the one with Pak.
True. But I would say this rivalry is limited to mostly BD supporters in social media.

Indian fans, at least till now don't give a damn about India Bangladesh matches. For us it's another match that we should routinely win.

Off course this will change if BD can win few matches against India within a span of 1 or 2 years.

Till then it's a one sided hype.
Old June 12, 2017, 05:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
True. But I would say this rivalry is limited to mostly BD supporters in social media.

Indian fans, at least till now don't give a damn about India Bangladesh matches. For us it's another match that we should routinely win.

Off course this will change if BD can win few matches against India within a span of 1 or 2 years.

Till then it's a one sided hype.
If you say its only by BD supporters then you are fortunate to only see BD comments and not the vulgarity of your own country men.
Old June 12, 2017, 05:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSports
I prefer India. Atmosphere will be electric. There's a large Bangladeshi community in Birmingham. Also, India don't like facing the Fizz for some reason. Rubel v Kohli will be great. I will go with the same XI we used against New Zealand, but change the batting order around. Tamim, Sarker, Mushfiqur, Mahmudullah, Shakib, Sabbir, Mosaddek, Mashrafe, Rubel, Taskin and Fizz. Number #3 has damaged us in this tour to Europe – get that fixed.
The stadium will be full with Indian fans rather than BD fans I am afraid. Don't think many BD fans have bought tickets for the semis beforehand.
Old June 12, 2017, 06:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
If you say its only by BD supporters then you are fortunate to only see BD comments and not the vulgarity of your own country men.
Not denying that, but vulgarity is not limited to any one country.

The fact is Bangladesh is mostly rediculed in Indian social media. It's because the behavior of BD supporters doesn't match the teams performance.

You guys behalf as if you are beating India regularly. As I have said earlier, if you can win let's say 5 or 6 matches out of next 10 matches against India, you will earn our respect, untill then calm down on your rhetoric.

We don't have any enemity with BD like we have with Pakistan and are genuinely happy if BD progresses but at the same time you have to respect India's perfermance where it's due.
Old June 12, 2017, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

The fact is Bangladesh is mostly rediculed in Indian social media. It's because the behavior of BD supporters doesn't match the teams performance.

You guys behalf as if you are beating India regularly. As I have said earlier, if you can win let's say 5 or 6 matches out of next 10 matches against India, you will earn our respect, untill then calm down on your rhetoric.

We don't have any enemity with BD like we have with Pakistan and are genuinely happy if BD progresses but at the same time you have to respect India's perfermance where it's due.
So you agree it's ok to ridicule BD because of how some of the fans behave? Like as if your fans are all saints?

Everything starts somewhere, doesn't it?. I've streamed online since 2011, every site I've watched cricket mostly Indian fans start trolling and the language is disgusting/racial. Bangladeshi fans only reply back and they get called arrogant . I don't deny some BD fans can give it back as deep as Ind fans, but trust me vast majority of the trolls are from India. I follow all the BD players on FB, Ind fans mostly go there start piling on filth!
Your fans are more overhyped than Pak fans. Bangalis in nature are not aggressive, but some can be, if you push it, which your fans do.

Like I said I've visited many sites. Now I go to one site only where there's good moderation and no trolls can get away with it. I'm also one of the moderators. But most of the sites, places on the Internet I've been too, even on Youtube comment section, it's mainly Indians starting off trolling.
Old June 12, 2017, 07:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

If it is a fact, where is the proof? Even if it is the truth dont you think Indians on social media are petty to make fun of other people?

IMO many people didnt have a dislike for India in the past, but due to your media and social trolling it has given rise to such sentiments.

However I think the media and many cricketers are starting to respect us which is also a good sign.

But I agree the more regularly we beat top sides the more respect we will get.