facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 23, 2012, 11:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11
Default Ticket pricing of BPL

I saw the ticket price and kind of astonished. When, I saw the price for first time, I thought that I am counting a zero at the right hand side more. I can guarantee that, they can't fill up 10% of the stadium on a regular basis with such pricing. Here is the source of the news.

Here is the pricing:
Coroprate box: 12,000/= / chair
International Hospitality Box: 8000/=
VIP : 5000/=
Shahid Mushtaq & Juwel Gallery: 3500/=
Gallery: 500/=, North & South Gallery: 1000/=

Peoples can enjoy 2 match by single BPL ticket along with mid match concert.

I am not sure but guess that, these are 2 matches on the single day. I also have concern on this. I usually, may go after the office hours to attend the match which will start at around 6:00. If they want to push the ticket of the match starting at 2:00, I will not be happy cause I don't have time during that period.

What do you think?

Old January 23, 2012, 11:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

2 games by one ticket is a tied selling....lot of people will not be interested..single tickets have more flexibility. I was under the impression that there will be a concert before every BPL game like IPL...we have lot of bands, singers and entertainers who can really entertain.

Tickets are a bit pricy to me.
Old January 24, 2012, 02:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Tickets are way to pricey.
It would be an empty stadium, which will not be good for the tournament.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 24, 2012, 02:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Tickets are way to pricey.
It would be an empty stadium, which will not be good for the tournament.
Ek ticket e 2ta khela. Kharap ki?

গ্যালারির টিকিট ৫০০ টাকা

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক
কেউ বলেছিলেন এক হাজার। কারও প্রস্তাব ছিল পাঁচশ'রও কম। তবে কোটিপতি লীগ বিপিএলের গ্যালারি টিকিট শেষ পর্যন্ত ৫০০ টাকায় ঠিক হয়েছে। গ্যালারিতে বসে সাকিব-গেইলদের খেলা দেখতে চাইলে নূ্যনতম এই টাকা গুনতেই হবে দর্শকদের। তবে এক টিকিটে দুই ছবি দেখার মতোই, বিপিএলে এক টিকিটে দুটি ম্যাচ দেখা যাবে।

১৯ ফেব্রুয়ারি থেকে শুরু হওয়া বিপিএলে প্রতিদিনই দুটি করে ম্যাচ অনুষ্ঠিত হবে। এবং এক টিকিটেই দুটি ম্যাচ দেখা যাবে। তবে শুধু ক্রিকেট নয়, বিনোদনও থাকছে টিকিট কেটে মাঠে ঢোকা দর্শকদের জন্য। দুই ম্যাচের মাঝে বিরতির সময় ডিজে পার্টি ছাড়াও স্থানীয় এবং ভারতীয় শিল্পীদের সঙ্গীত পরিবেশিত হবে। বিপিএল শুরুর অন্তত এক সপ্তাহ আগে বাজারে টিকিট পাওয়া যাবে। তবে কোন ব্যাংকে কিংবা কোন সংস্থার মাধ্যমে দর্শক টিকিট পাবে, সেটা গতকাল পর্যন্ত নিশ্চিত করতে পারেননি বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু। 'কয়েকটি প্রতিষ্ঠান বিপিএলের টিকিট বাজারজাত করণে আগ্রহ দেখিয়েছে। তবে এখনও তা চূড়ান্ত হয়নি।'

ক্রিকেট আর বিনোদনের এই বিপিএল প্যাকেজে নদার্ন আর সাউদার্ন গ্যালারির টিকিটের সম্ভাব্য মূল্য ধরা হয়েছে ১ হাজার টাকা করে। নদার্ন আর সাউদার্ন শহীদ মুস্তাক আর জুয়েল গ্যালারির টিকিটের মূল্য কিছুটা বেশি, সাড়ে ৩ হাজার নির্ধারণ করা হয়েছে। ইন্টারন্যাশনাল গ্যালারির (প্যাভিলিয়নের পাশে) মূল্য ধরা হয়েছে ৫ হাজার টাকা, ইন্টারন্যাশনাল হসপিটালিটির মূল্য নির্ধারণ করা হয়েছে ৮ হাজার টাকা। ভিআইপি গ্যালারির আসনমূল্য ৫ হাজার টাকা আর করপোরেট বক্সের আসনপ্রতি ধরা হয়েছে ১২ হাজার টাকা।

৯ ফেব্রুয়ারি গ্র্যান্ড ওপেনিং দিয়ে শুরু হবে বিপিএলের যাত্রা। এর আগে অবশ্য ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লীগের সঙ্গে জট পেকে যাচ্ছে বিপিএলের। কেননা ৬ ফেব্রুয়ারি পর্যন্ত সিসিডিএম থেকে ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লীগের সূচি দেওয়া হয়েছে। কিন্তু এর আগেই বিপিএলের ছয়টি ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি থেকে ২ ফেব্রুয়ারির মধ্যে ক্রিকেটার চাওয়া হয়েছে। এ অবস্থায় স্থগিত হয়ে যেতে পারে ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লীগ। 'সূচিতে একটা সমস্যা হয়েছে ঠিকই। কেননা আমরা চেয়েছিলাম, ২ ফেব্রুয়ারির মধ্যে প্রিমিয়ার লীগের ম্যাচগুলো শেষ করার। কিন্তু এর মাঝে 'এ' দলের দুটি টি২০ ম্যাচ হওয়ায় সূচিতে কিছুটা এলোমেলা হয়ে যায়। এ অবস্থায় বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল, ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্স আর সিসিডিএম মিলে একটি বৈঠক বসা হবে। সেখানেই একটা সমাধান বেরিয়ে আসবে বলে আশা করছি। তবে এটুকু বলতে পারি, বিপিএলের নির্ধারিত সূচি পেছানোর কোনো আশঙ্কা নেই।' বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপুর কথাতেই পরিষ্কার, ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লীগ স্থগিত হলেও বিপিএল পেছাবে না

-Shamokal
Old January 24, 2012, 02:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Dont think the tickets are that pricey TBH . IPL ticket prices I managed to gather from Google look like this.

Quote:
IPL 4 TICKET PRICES :

Rs. 500 - A, B, C Lower Tier
Rs. 1,200 - G, H, I Lower Tier
Rs. 2,000 - A, B, C Upper Tier
Rs. 2,500 - G, H, I Upper Tier
Rs. 3,000 - D Lower Tier and F Lower Tier
Rs. 4,000 - D, E, F Upper Tier
Rs. 5,000 - T3
Rs. 8,000 - Pavilion Terrace
Rs. 15,000 - Anna Pavilion
Rs. 15,000 - Air Conditioned Hospitality seats in the middle tiers of A, B, C, G, H & I
Rs. 25,000 - Hospitality Seats for D, E & F
Comparatively BPL is better priced and Matches between Dhaka/Chittagong will be definitely sold Out.
Old January 24, 2012, 02:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Dont think the tickets are that pricey TBH . IPL ticket prices I managed to gather from Google look like this.

Comparatively BPL is better priced and Matches between Dhaka/Chittagong will be definitely sold Out.
Wanna bet with me ? :-)

IPL does not have half house now a days. They are thinking to move all the matches to day night.

Do you know how much the ticket price of last BPL was? They were absolutely free atleast I saw a match which didn't have any entry fee! All the local players were there including famous foreign guys like Shoaib Akhter, Aidan Blizzard played there too. Now, let's come to the pricing of international match. How much is the usual price. Let me recall price of Australia vs. Bangladesh series held in couple of months earlier. The price was something like:

Grand Stand - 1000/=
International Gallery - 500/=
Jewel and Mustak Stand - 300/=
Galleries - 100/=

Now you can compare those with the price of BPL.

I can recall the price comparison with world cup matches where the price was high like BPL. Remember that was a tournament of a lifetime and number of matches in Bangladesh was pretty low (6 or 7 I guess).
Old January 24, 2012, 02:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:

But you did not consider that there were 7-8 different venues for IPL where local teams have their own fan base and stadium whereas in BPL, the number of venue is only 2. You cant expect too many people coming to watch neutral team e.g. Barisal vs Sylhet in Dhaka or CTG specially when big shots will be absent.

It should have been-

single match - 300 Tk
2 matches - 500 Tk

Those who want to watch 1 match, can also buy tickets but relatively higher prices compare to 2 matches ticket.
Old January 24, 2012, 04:20 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

500 tk for seeing a domestic t20 match will be too much for normal people..and most of them wouldn't have the time to see 2 matches...so it should have been a single match ticket plan

price should have been around 250-300
Old January 24, 2012, 05:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
But you did not consider that there were 7-8 different venues for IPL where local teams have their own fan base and stadium whereas in BPL, the number of venue is only 2. You cant expect too many people coming to watch neutral team e.g. Barisal vs Sylhet in Dhaka or CTG specially when big shots will be absent.

It should have been-

single match - 300 Tk
2 matches - 500 Tk

Those who want to watch 1 match, can also buy tickets but relatively higher prices compare to 2 matches ticket.
Now how do they catch if one has bought single or double match ticket. i dont think they will evacuate the stadium after 1st match. it is a very lengthy process. and there will be programs between the matches. and you can always give bribe to the checkers. so i guess double ticket will be better for bcb. but the price is really high for neutral matches.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 24, 2012, 07:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Any schedule out yet? If not, when is it coming out?
Old January 24, 2012, 07:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Tickets are so over priced !গ্যালারীর সিংহভাগই ফাঁকা থাকবে ।লাগবা বাজি ?!?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 24, 2012, 08:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

BPL is not for the poor :P
Old January 24, 2012, 08:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Do you know how much the ticket price of last BPL was?
The matches you are referring to werent BPL . They were not franchise based and nothing as compared to the BPL . They werent even televised IIRC . This is a full pledged T20 Tournament with everything IPL style with crazy money involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Now, let's come to the pricing of international match. How much is the usual price. Let me recall price of Australia vs. Bangladesh series held in couple of months earlier. The price was something like:
You cant compare international macthes to league matches . Gate/ticket Money for international matches goes to BCB , If I am not mistaken . Whereas for the BPL , it goes to the franhise owners . A good example would be , watching England play Brazil at wembely would cost me 25 pounds, where watching Chelsea playing bottom placed Balckburn rovers would cost me 50 pounds at Stamford bridge.

Pulling crowd in Bangladesh is easy . I remember a couple of years back , there was a match between Uganda U19 Team and Nepal U19 and it was house full . It was free but that tells you how passionate people are about the game . 500 taka for two matches and some live music is not pricey IMHO.
Old January 24, 2012, 08:29 AM
Test Cricketer

* deleted - double post*
Old January 24, 2012, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Gallary ticket should not be more than 300 taka. This is way too much
Old January 24, 2012, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Why there will be 2 matches in 1 day in Dhaka everyday ? This is complete stupidity. There are 20 days for 33 matches and 8 of them in chittagong. So there should be 1 match at noon in chittagong and 1 match at evening in Dhaka. In fridays and Thursdays, 2 matches can be played in Dhaka .
Old January 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

weekdays e 2ta match tao abar eto dami tickt? best of luck filling up the stadium kortripokkho!
Old January 24, 2012, 10:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
The matches you are referring to werent BPL . They were not franchise based and nothing as compared to the BPL . They werent even televised IIRC . This is a full pledged T20 Tournament with everything IPL style with crazy money involved.

You cant compare international macthes to league matches . Gate/ticket Money for international matches goes to BCB , If I am not mistaken . Whereas for the BPL , it goes to the franhise owners . A good example would be , watching England play Brazil at wembely would cost me 25 pounds, where watching Chelsea playing bottom placed Balckburn rovers would cost me 50 pounds at Stamford bridge.

Pulling crowd in Bangladesh is easy . I remember a couple of years back , there was a match between Uganda U19 Team and Nepal U19 and it was house full . It was free but that tells you how passionate people are about the game . 500 taka for two matches and some live music is not pricey IMHO.
I definitely hope so. But I think the reality is different for BD. Here Bangladesh Vs. Australia will definitely pull much bigger crowd than say Abahoni vs. Mohamedan provided that both ticket price are same. You need to build a brand like ManU or Chelsea first. And, in soccer unlike cricket teams are more popular than countries. Also, people won't care whose pocket they are filling, franchise or BCB, they will care about what they will see and how much will they spent for it.

I never missed a single series of Bangladesh for last 6 years or so. I even went to stadium to see most of the world cup matches by purchasing ticket from black market by paying several times, but I don't think, I will go to stadium to watch couple of matches of BPL because of this pricing. May be one or two among forties. I truly hope that most of the people will not hold the same perception that I am holding.
Old January 24, 2012, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

বিপিএলের টিকিট বিক্রি করবে শিহাব ট্রেডিং

ঢাকা: বাংলাদেশ প্রিমিয়ার লিগ (বিপিএল)’র টিকিট বিক্রির স্বত্ব পেয়েছে শিহাব ট্রেডিং কোম্পানি। মঙ্গলবার এক সংবাদ বিজ্ঞপ্তিতে এই তথ্য জানয় বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল।

এবিষয়ে বিস্তারিত জানানো হবে আনুষ্ঠানিক সংবাদ সম্মেলনে।
Old January 24, 2012, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

They got the ticket sale rights for 450 million taka!

And now the tickets way too expensive for gallery.
They can double the corporate box price and reduce the gallery ticket by half.
In bd you can sell 2 kinds of tickets. Very expensive and very cheap,
There is no middle ground...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 24, 2012, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Goal should be to fill the gallery to the brink.
So sell each ticket 100 taka each per game.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 24, 2012, 03:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Only 27000 tickets in Mirpur. 16000 in CTG

So ticket prices are reasonable. Price komiye dile shudhu maramari katakati hobe.

India kom rate e dite pare karon tader 50K+ seats ache.
Old January 25, 2012, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

You can buy tickets online from this website starting today (26th)

www.easy.com.bd

The tickets for the money-spinning Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20 will be available at twenty designated branches of Dhaka Bank across the country from January 30.

The online ticket sale through www.easy.com.bd will however start from today.

Shihab Trading Company, who brought the ticket-selling and distribution rights for Tk 45 crore, announced the ticket rates at a press conference yesterday. Eight matches from February 18 to February 22 will be held at the Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong while the remaining 25 matches including semifinals and final will take place at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

The first-ever BPL will start on February 10 at Mirpur with each match day consisting of two games, an afternoon match and an evening match. The first match will start at 2pm while the second match will begin at 6.30pm.

The two semifinals are scheduled to be held on February 28 while the final will be held on February 29 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

Each person will be able to buy a maximum of five tickets and one can watch both matches in a day with one ticket.

Twenty percent of the total tickets will go to the BCB's accounts for meeting the complementary demands while twenty percent tickets will be available online.

We are delighted to get the rights. We are hopeful about selling tickets as we will try to add glamour to the cricket by bringing in Bollywood stars like Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukherjee and Preity Zinta,” said Salim Chowdhury, chairman of Shihab Trading who are the franchise owner of Dhaka Gladiators, when asked about the expensive rates of the tickets, the cheapest ones being priced at Tk 500.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=219871
Old January 25, 2012, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Too expensive

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old January 25, 2012, 10:55 PM
Banned

The pricing makes little more sense now considering the fact that 2 matches can be watched with 1 ticket and one and half hour long (5.00-6.30) entertainment will be provided in between matches. I have a feeling that the stadiums will still be packed.

এক টিকিটে দুই ম্যাচ, তবে...

টাকার খেলা বিপিএলের সবকিছুতেই টাকার ছড়াছড়ি। টিকিটেও সেটা আর বাদ থাকবে কেন? বাংলাদেশের দর্শকেরা আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট ম্যাচও যেখানে ৫০-১০০ টাকায় দেখে অভ্যস্ত, সেখানে ঘরোয়া টুর্নামেন্ট বিপিএলে টিকিটের সর্বনিম্ন মূল্য ৫০০ টাকা! প্রতিদিন ম্যাচ থাকবে দুটি, এক টিকিটে দুই ম্যাচ।
৪৫ কোটি টাকায় গেম অন স্পোর্টসের কাছ থেকে বিপিএলের টিকিট বিক্রির স্বত্ব কিনেছে ঢাকা ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজির মালিক ইউরোপা গ্রুপের প্রতিষ্ঠান শিহাব ট্রেডিং হাউস। কাল শেরেবাংলা স্টেডিয়ামে সংবাদ সম্মেলন করে জানানো হলো টিকিট-বৃত্তান্ত। বিপিএলের টিকিট বিক্রি করবে ঢাকা ব্যাংক। ঢাকা মহানগরের ১০টি শাখার বাইরেও এই ব্যাংকের মাধ্যমে টিকিট বিক্রি হবে চট্টগ্রাম, নারায়ণগঞ্জ, কক্সবাজার, সিলেট, বরিশাল, রাজশাহী, বগুড়া ও খুলনায়। ব্যাংকে টিকিট বিক্রি শুরু হবে ৩০ জানুয়ারি থেকে। তবে www.easy.com.bd ওয়েবসাইটে গিয়ে অনলাইনে টিকিটের ভাউচার সংগ্রহ করা যাবে আজ থেকেই। অনলাইনে বিক্রি হবে মোট টিকিটের ২০ শতাংশ।
বিপিএলের টিকিট-বৃত্তান্ত সাধারণ দর্শকদের জন্য হতাশার। মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা স্টেডিয়ামে পূর্ব গ্যালারির প্রতিদিনের টিকিটের মূল্য ৫০০ টাকা, উত্তর ও দক্ষিণ গ্যালারি এক হাজার টাকা। ক্লাব হাউসের টিকিট তিন হাজার ৫০০ টাকা। আন্তর্জাতিক গ্যালারি ও ভিআইপি গ্র্যান্ড স্ট্যান্ডের পাঁচ হাজার টাকা। আট হাজার টাকা করে দাম করপোরেট লাউঞ্জ ও আন্তর্জাতিক গ্যালারির (উত্তর) টিকিটের। এ ছাড়া বিসিবি লাউঞ্জ ও করপোরেট বক্সের টিকিটের দাম ১২ হাজার টাকা করে। এই হিসাবে প্রতিদিনের সব টিকিট বিক্রি হয়ে গেলে শুধু টিকিট বিক্রি থেকে দিনে আয় হবে ছয় কোটি ৭১ লাখ ৩৬ হাজার টাকা।
চট্টগ্রামের জহুর আহমেদ চৌধুরী স্টেডিয়ামের ম্যাচের ক্ষেত্রে অঙ্কটা তিন কোটি ২৭ লাখ ছয় হাজার ৫০০ টাকা। বোঝাই যাচ্ছে, টিকিটের দাম সেখানেও চড়া। সাধারণ গ্যালারির টিকিট সেখানেও ৫০০ টাকা। অথচ গত বিশ্বকাপেও ২০০ টাকায় ওয়ানডে ম্যাচ দেখতে পেরেছে দর্শক।
১০ থেকে ১৬ ফেব্রুয়ারি পর্যন্ত প্রতিদিন দুটি করে ম্যাচ হবে মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা স্টেডিয়ামে। ১৮ থেকে ২২ ফেব্রুয়ারি চট্টগ্রামের জহুর আহমেদ চৌধুরী স্টেডিয়ামে পরের আটটি ম্যাচ। এরপর বিপিএল আবার ঢাকায় ফিরবে। ২৪ থেকে ২৭ ফেব্রুয়ারি গ্রুপ পর্বের বাকি ম্যাচগুলোর পর ২৮ ফেব্রুয়ারি দুটি সেমিফাইনাল, ফাইনাল পরদিন। প্রথম ম্যাচটি শুরু হবে বেলা দুইটায়, দ্বিতীয়টি সন্ধ্যা সাড়ে ছয়টায়। দুই ম্যাচের মাঝে থাকবে গান-বাজনা।
টিকিটের দাম যে বেশি, বলিউডি অলংকারই সেটার মূল কারণ। সংবাদ সম্মেলনে শিহাব ট্রেডিংয়ের চেয়ারম্যান সেলিম চৌধুরীর ব্যাখ্যা, ‘টি-টোয়েন্টি ক্রিকেটে অনেক এক্সাইটমেন্ট থাকে। এক টিকিটে অনেক কিছু উপভোগ করবে দর্শক। অনেক সেলিব্রেটি আসবে। ডিজে থাকবে, গান থাকবে। প্রিয়াঙ্কা চোপড়া, রানী মুখার্জি, প্রীতি জিনতার মতো বলিউডের তারকাদের আনব আমরা। টিকিটের দামে এসবের বাজেটও ধরা আছে।’ লটারির মাধ্যমে মাঠে আসা দর্শকদের জন্য আকর্ষণীয় পুরস্কার থাকবে বলেও ঘোষণা দিলেন তিনি।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...26/news/219529