facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
excuse me? they have played tri series, test series against India, New Zealand, England (twice), T20 World Cup, Asia cup.

U think this isn't enough? well than explain pls how they will improve with only 2 more series to go before the world cup if they can't in like 6???
And had close match against all those 3 teams in tests. If you look win/loss ratios, yes, pretty poor, but if you care to look a lil beyond that, then they gave all of the above teams a scare.

Old June 23, 2010, 11:58 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
And had close match against all those 3 teams in tests. If you look win/loss ratios, yes, pretty poor, but if you care to look a lil beyond that, then they gave all of the above teams a scare.
Buddy there is a huge difference in giving a scare and loosing a close match. If u can't give the opposition for a while than why play at all?

Its time we think beyond giving other team "scare"
Old June 23, 2010, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

This is very close to KDPP. You are assuming many things like Shakib being a selfish. Look it in another way, he is just taking more responsibility when other bowlers are failing. To each and every opponents he is our best bowler and therefore, you see him bowling more often in critical situations than Mash or Riyadh.

About his captaincy, in few matches he did very good job; but in few others his decision making was hampered by the team's strategy and the players doing bad. For example, when you bring in Mash to break a partnership and an out of form bowler like him can not do it, the captain has only a few choices left.

His batting form is patchy at the moment. That also contributes to assuming him as a bad captain. Wishing him all the best to regain his golden touch.
Old June 23, 2010, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Buddy there is a huge difference in giving a scare and loosing a close match. If u can't give the opposition for a while than why play at all?

Its time we think beyond giving other team "scare"

I couldn't remember a single occassion where Bangladesh could this consistently come close to winning/drawing matches. One good match in a bluemoon follows by a streak of innings defeats. And this despite being the average age of the team just 26 odd.

Or if you expect them to magically win matches overnight, well, lets not better argue further.
Old June 23, 2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
This is very close to KDPP. You are assuming many things like Shakib being a selfish. Look it in another way, he is just taking more responsibility when other bowlers are failing. To each and every opponents he is our best bowler and therefore, you see him bowling more often in critical situations than Mash or Riyadh.

About his captaincy, in few matches he did very good job; but in few others his decision making was hampered by the team's strategy and the players doing bad. For example, when you bring in Mash to break a partnership and an out of form bowler like him can not do it, the captain has only a few choices left.

His batting form is patchy at the moment. That also contributes to assuming him as a bad captain. Wishing him all the best to regain his golden touch.
Buddy i have said it before, saying it again, i am a big fan of Sakib's bowling. No doubt he is fantastic. But if u have seen him batting, u will notice, he plays so absentmindedly. His batting shows no sign of captaincy what so ever. He looks arrogant. In tests, when the team is 2-3 down and he comes in as a captain obviously we expect him to take lead play proper test. But he always gives his wicket. He plays those unnecessary shots and gets out cheaply. Its ok if Tamim does that because his wicket always comes in with good runs but not from him, he makes about 10-20 runs and leaves. He was never able to stop a collapse smthing mushy and mahmudullah, naeem did bunch of times. He is not a bad captain but his captaincy is making his performance bad
Old June 23, 2010, 12:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Agreed. Why the hell would you have more than one captain? That's one of the most stupid ideas ever thought of in cricket.
Because we dont have a ****ing Ponting or Smith in the team. No one in the team can actually lead this team all by himself. It killed Shakib, and who ever is next, it will kill him too. The idea is stupid for other teams, but not for us. We dont have that kinda player who has good leadership skills and can lead the team all by himself.
Old June 23, 2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:

I couldn't remember a single occassion where Bangladesh could this consistently come close to winning/drawing matches. One good match in a bluemoon follows by a streak of innings defeats. And this despite being the average age of the team just 26 odd.

Or if you expect them to magically win matches overnight, well, lets not better argue further.
But I am not, it seems like a worthy goal to a lot of us to scare the opposition away. We should be able to go for draws.....but even draws are not even close
Old June 23, 2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Because we dont have a ****ing Ponting or Smith in the team. No one in the team can actually lead this team all by himself. It killed Shakib, and who ever is next, it will kill him too. The idea is stupid for other teams, but not for us. We dont have that kinda player who has good leadership skills and can lead the team all by himself.
Agreed
Old June 23, 2010, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
But I am not, it seems like a worthy goal to a lot of us to scare the opposition away. We should be able to go for draws.....but even draws are not even close
Draws are not even close? The top order has never been this consistent with youngsters like Zunaed and Imrul in good form and Tamim on fire. Just the middle/lower order need to click, and draws and even wins aren't that far!
Old June 23, 2010, 12:20 PM

It seems like draws are close for like day 1 and 2 but slowly it goes farther and farther..................thats my observation anyways............
Old June 23, 2010, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Buddy i have said it before, saying it again, i am a big fan of Sakib's bowling. No doubt he is fantastic. But if u have seen him batting, u will notice, he plays so absentmindedly. His batting shows no sign of captaincy what so ever. He looks arrogant. In tests, when the team is 2-3 down and he comes in as a captain obviously we expect him to take lead play proper test. But he always gives his wicket. He plays those unnecessary shots and gets out cheaply. Its ok if Tamim does that because his wicket always comes in with good runs but not from him, he makes about 10-20 runs and leaves. He was never able to stop a collapse smthing mushy and mahmudullah, naeem did bunch of times. He is not a bad captain but his captaincy is making his performance bad
I agree with you about Shakib's 'bad' style of batting. But it has nothing to do with his captaincy. Captain or not, he would have batted and bowled the same way as he is doing it now. The problem is, he has been successful many times batting in the same aggressive style and it is difficult to change it. But I also expect him to adapt his batting to the situation.
Old June 23, 2010, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Smith is no great captian actually, he, with such a dream team under his wings, often resorts to defensive tactics. And about captiancy skills, doubt anyone could do a great job in that dept. And captiancy 'killing' players is not a good reason to rotate captiancy, it's gonna have a negative impact on the team. Shakib might not be doing a great job ATM, but he'll improve with time. But this rotation thingy is gonna leave team in shambles, and won't work anywhere with any team. Be it the Irish or the Aussies.

And if not Shakib, no issues, but pretty please, stick with one player!
Old June 23, 2010, 12:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
And captiancy 'killing' players is not a good reason to rotate captiancy, it's gonna have a negative impact on the team.
I never said that. I said, if they do change the captain in the future, who ever is next will lose his head too. Shakib used to be the only guy who had a head on his shoulder, and knew what he was doing. Too bad Mashrafe had to get all injured, or else ...

Mash could just stand there and be a "captain", while we have Tamim at the top, and Shakib in the middle. (And Riyad with enough chances to bat and bowl)
Old June 23, 2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I agree with you about Shakib's 'bad' style of batting. But it has nothing to do with his captaincy. Captain or not, he would have batted and bowled the same way as he is doing it now. The problem is, he has been successful many times batting in the same aggressive style and it is difficult to change it. But I also expect him to adapt his batting to the situation.
But thats my point, he always plays like this. dunt u think he should change it because he is a captain and should take more responsibility? Because when the captain plays arrogantly than u can't blame other ppl if the follow his way....
Old June 23, 2010, 09:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Ponting and Smith have most of the world's best players in their arsenal. Our captains fail to appear great leaders because they don't have that kind of line-up. You're proposing to make an already inconsistent team even more inconsistent. Buchanan must have been smoking weed when he came up with that idea.
Old June 23, 2010, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I never said that. I said, if they do change the captain in the future, who ever is next will lose his head too. Shakib used to be the only guy who had a head on his shoulder, and knew what he was doing. Too bad Mashrafe had to get all injured, or else ...
Or else what? Mashrafe injured or not injured is pretty inconsistent. Period.
Quote:
Mash could just stand there and be a "captain", while we have Tamim at the top, and Shakib in the middle. (And Riyad with enough chances to bat and bowl)
A captian who drops sitters? Wow, that'd be a great motivation to the entire team!
Old June 23, 2010, 11:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Tamim is our Aravinda, unfortunately Shakib is not the Ranatunga we would like to have.
Old June 24, 2010, 08:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

No suggestion to have a change of captain yet ??? That's the worst thing that can happen with us now.
Old June 24, 2010, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Tamim is our Aravinda, unfortunately Shakib is not the Ranatunga we would like to have.
The issue is not shakib : but the others 9 players they are quite ordinary

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old June 24, 2010, 09:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
The issue is not shakib : but the others 9 players they are quite ordinary

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Shakib is a big issue..... better make it 10. He needs to perform. He cannot become Ashraful.
Old June 24, 2010, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Shakib is a big issue..... better make it 10. He needs to perform. He cannot become Ashraful.
5 wickets @ 34.20 and 2 of 3 matches fielding first. Not bad at all. The avg would've been better but that Pak match was a bowlers nightmare.

Obviously we expect way better than that from him, hope he'll do well in the Eng series.
Old June 24, 2010, 10:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

i think that the wicketkeeper mushfiqur should be captain because he looks lke he knows everything that is associated with cricket,i have a quote that rahim said on their tour last year against the west indies(the so called second string)this is rahim talking to riyad,btw rahim is keping and riyad bowling,''riayd if you put the ball in the right areas them we will create opportunities and wickets will come"end of quote,after that we all knew what happen,riyad got 5 wickets on debut and the tigers won the test match,brilliant..,./,./
Old June 24, 2010, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
i think that the wicketkeeper mushfiqur should be captain because he looks lke he knows everything that is associated with cricket,i have a quote that rahim said on their tour last year against the west indies(the so called second string)this is rahim talking to riyad,btw rahim is keping and riyad bowling,''riayd if you put the ball in the right areas them we will create opportunities and wickets will come"end of quote,after that we all knew what happen,riyad got 5 wickets on debut and the tigers won the test match,brilliant..,./,./
And all Mush gotta do is just bat patiently and take care of his shot selection, but I seldom see him doing that
Old June 24, 2010, 10:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

he looks like the guy who will captain the ship
Old June 24, 2010, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
he looks like the guy who will captain the ship
Hmm.. Encouraging a team is one thing.. Captaincy is a different ball game. Anyways, I don't mind him being the captain.