facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 24, 2007, 04:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Brainwash the Jayawardene innings into our Talented tenth

If anybody watched the first half if Jayawardene's innings it's really similar to a typical Bashar innings but once he got to 50 he took off like a Jet. The problem with Bashar is he can't get to 50 let alone 25 but Ash's 87 he paced himself very well and I know SN played a knock like that vs Zimbabwe but Aftab, Tamim and Ash (I think he gets it).

Jayawardene didn't rotate strike at all in the begging he scored 2(20) i was reading CI commentary and they said he was blocking comfortably so he knew what he was doing trying to avoid a collapse but I believe our guys can pace an innings like that and take singles at the same time. Tell Habibul he needs to play he's shots in his brain hes trying to pace himself but he needs to do a Micheal Vaughn and just Attack.

Sakib can pace himself really well but he usually loses his wicket trying a jump slash which he should stop and I think he'll learn.

Last edited by cricman; April 24, 2007 at 10:15 PM..

Old April 24, 2007, 06:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Cricman...honsetly, I think that's enough for Bashar. This guy's almost in his retirement age. He can't change. This kind of innings is necessary for any batsman, not only the captain.

BTW, does anyone else find the thread title misleading?
Old April 24, 2007, 09:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

I c the end of Hablu after the home series.
Old April 24, 2007, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

Wierd, ill-organized, scattered if not misleading.
Old April 24, 2007, 10:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

bashar was the most succcessful captain of the history of this team, let's not forget. i have espect for his speech but i feel he should try to set up examples for the rest of the team rather than the rest of the team setting examples for him!
Old April 24, 2007, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
yes, its hard to figure out what Cricman tried to say in the title...
Old April 24, 2007, 10:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I think it is time for BC to sum up a tribute of HB's entire career. I remember Bashar playing for Biman wearing a sun-shaded white hat always smiling face. He has come a long way and he has shown his potential. A very few Bangladeshi has achieved success at top level in their international career (i mean not only cricket). Bashar is one of them. I would like to request the writer's of this forum to draw a true picture of HB's cricketing years so all the fans can get a humble idea about this phenomenal cricketer of BD.
Old April 25, 2007, 06:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
If anybody watched the first half if Jayawardene's innings it's really similar to a typical Bashar innings but once he got to 50 he took off like a Jet. The problem with Bashar is he can't get to 50 let alone 25 but Ash's 87 he paced himself very well and I know SN played a knock like that vs Zimbabwe but Aftab, Tamim and Ash (I think he gets it).

Jayawardene didn't rotate strike at all in the begging he scored 2(20) i was reading CI commentary and they said he was blocking comfortably so he knew what he was doing trying to avoid a collapse but I believe our guys can pace an innings like that and take singles at the same time. Tell Habibul he needs to play he's shots in his brain hes trying to pace himself but he needs to do a Micheal Vaughn and just Attack.

Sakib can pace himself really well but he usually loses his wicket trying a jump slash which he should stop and I think he'll learn.
Good thinking!

Actually, Bashar is a unique guy. I mean he is differnt guy. If u see in the bangladesh team itself the way he plays n every1 else is differnt.
So, we cnt expect nything like that from Bashar atleast in ODI's. Time has coem for him to go out of odi and play only test.
Test matches he is gud. He looks so differnt there.only the thing which he shld concentrate is that he shld improve his defence. if he can do that he will go a long way in test.
Old April 25, 2007, 10:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I am having a very very hard time following what you meant in your thread opener. care to explain yourself a little bit more succinctly?
Old April 26, 2007, 01:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Bashar, as a basman is still my favorite. He is still the one I can depend on the most in the BD team.

All he has is some mental problems and he is vulnerable under pressure. Once captaincy is gone, I am sure he will bounce back to form.
Old April 26, 2007, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

There is a difference in class between Jayardane and Bashar. Jaya can take his time, play himself in with the pitch and bowling and then increase the rate when needed as he got all the shots in the book. Bashar is heavily dependent on few scoring shots which are usually all covered in one day cricket and he is a poor runner. He didnt take his time in the number of innings he played, rather he was struggling all along.

There is also big difference of a certain thing called "Guts". You can almost count on Jayardane to perform when it matters. I wont be surprised if he comes up with something similar in the final. when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. on the other hand, about hablu................. well you know.
Old April 26, 2007, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
There is a difference in class between Jayardane and Bashar. Jaya can take his time, play himself in with the pitch and bowling and then increase the rate when needed as he got all the shots in the book. Bashar is heavily dependent on few scoring shots which are usually all covered in one day cricket and he is a poor runner. He didnt take his time in the number of innings he played, rather he was struggling all along.

There is also big difference of a certain thing called "Guts". You can almost count on Jayardane to perform when it matters. I wont be surprised if he comes up with something similar in the final. when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. on the other hand, about hablu................. well you know.
I agree with most things about bashar but don't you think its going too far by saying he doesn't have guts? go back to our first test match against India and you will who had the guts in the team.

Please some people goes too extreme. he is old so he can't do all those things anymore but don't just start saying stupid stuff...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 26, 2007, 04:25 PM
Club Cricketer

We should respect Bashar for what he has accomplished, and his services till the WC2007. I think as a BD fan we should not disrespect someone who has been a solid performer when we were building the infrstructure and the team we have now.
However, I would have to state that like Flemming and some others, he should let go the captaincy of the team. Don't retire yet, but support the new captain till he gets his feet wet!!

Last edited by CricketCrazzie; April 26, 2007 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: word!