facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 29, 2005, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Default Continuation of Billah\'s idea of Ganguli as batting coach.

The gate of opportunity has openned wide now.

With the exit of Dalmiya, Ganguli's life is about to get much harder in the Indian cricket world. Coupled with Dravid's emargance as a good captain and Ganguli's off form, we can expect that Ganguli is about to get very bitter about Indian Cricket. The racism in Indian cricket just might make him very interested in doing something for Bangladesh's cricket. Lets hope Farooq start the ground work. He can connect to our batsmen like no others.

Old November 29, 2005, 12:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

:duh:
Old November 29, 2005, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

khaise..eki teame rafique and ganguly together? somebody gonna get a hurt real bad...
Old November 29, 2005, 12:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
somebody gonna get a hurt real bad...
If I have to guess, I guess it would be Ganguly rather than Rafique.

Edited on, November 29, 2005, 6:08 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old November 29, 2005, 12:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

he will teach batsmen how to be a [..edited...],that's for sure.dont start another jimi amarnath saga.

Edited on, November 29, 2005, 6:37 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Reason: mod.content
Old November 29, 2005, 01:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I want an ex-test captain living partially in Calcatta as our coach (batting or head coach down the road). Steve Waugh.
Old November 29, 2005, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

relax guys...I think he is joking...... or is he
Old November 29, 2005, 11:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Ganguly as batting coach..........................
I thought these forum members are well-wisher of Bangladesh cricket team.................
Old November 30, 2005, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by TeamManager
Ganguly as batting coach..........................
I thought these forum members are well-wisher of Bangladesh cricket team.................
I also.
Old November 30, 2005, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

No cricket for 2 months. This kinda topic was bound to happen. We are boreddddddddd.
Old November 30, 2005, 04:27 PM
Banned

Just a reminder to some of our members:

We forget too quickly what an explosive ODI player Ganguly is. He started a good 6 years after Tendulkar, if I remember right. Then, he reached the 1000 run milestones beating Tendulkar on a regular basis up to 8000 or 9000 runs. That is an astonishing speed. He belongs to the exclusive 10K club. Jointly he holds the world record partnership in ODI runs with Tendulkar.

Just like Imran Khan, Ganguly also had to learn to methodically DISRESPECT his opponents such as the English and the Aussies. For example, he would regularly show up late at the toss, just to tick off Steve Waugh. He showed his talent with his bat, while staying one step ahead of his foes in thinking and planning. This is an essential element in winning the mind game that is missing in the mindframe of our lads.

In the least, with the 2007 WC ahead of us, (which, by the way is an ODI tournament), we should give this idea it's due diligence, even as a temporary solution. One more thing, probably no other batting coach would understand the beurocracy and power play of the internal cricket politics better than him. This could actually be an advantage for us.
Old November 30, 2005, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

You guys are also underestimating the language barrier of our batsmen. Ganguli could reach them like no others.
Old November 30, 2005, 05:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Despite all his skills and past achievements as a player and as a captain, I fear given an opportunity to coach, Ganguly will become another Chappel of Bangladesh. I see conflict with under performing superstars in the team.

Ganguly and Chappel may hate each other, but make no mistake, there is lots of similarity between them, and that may be the reason why they cannot stand each other any more.

Now if you think Chappel may also be good for Bangladesh, then thats a different story.
Old November 30, 2005, 07:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

If we can utilize Ganguly's talent as a batting coach and then some how convince Waseem Akram for our bowling coach then we will have something to show to the cricketing world.
Old November 30, 2005, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Gang may score 10k run. But still he can not play fast bowler bowling at his body. May be Basar/Ash learn how to play spin, the grumyness but forgot how to pull and hook. By the way, Gangs brushiness is nothing to do with Cricket. Imran or Ranatunga never came late to toss to psyched out opponent. Imran has enough confidence on his team and himself that he urged to start neutral umpire. If you want to teach leadrship to Basar then bring Imran or Ranatunga.
Regarding language barrier, CB could appoint a translator and I think after DW 5 yr, our players could understand the instruction.
Lord Snooty would just bring disturbence in the team
Old December 1, 2005, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Ganguly and Chappel may hate each other, but make no mistake, there is lots of similarity between them, and that may be the reason why they cannot stand each other any more.

Now if you think Chappel may also be good for Bangladesh, then thats a different story.
I was thinking about the similarities between Ganguli and Chappel yesterday as well. I was thinking about the Shottojit Roy short story where a guy killed another guy who was exactly like him.

But, I think Chappel would have been perfect for Bangladesh. So, Fazal - I don't need to kill you..
Old December 1, 2005, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

ok, let me drop my hard-earned two cents here, as opposed to letting go of the ones that i picked up from the street the other day, which i've been doing so far on this thread. (sorry about that)

there's no doubt that ganguly's a great batsman and the best captain that india's had in a while. it's also true that he will understand our players better, being from the same background, and that our players will in turn be able to express themselves without having to lose anything in the translation. however, ganguly is known to have acted selfish on several occassions in the past, and everyone knows about his arrogance and the fact that onar power paile matha thik thake na.

under these circumstances, the plan might back-fire and the team might end up in a complete mess, with a few members rooting for ganguly while others against him. a lot of things can happen. the indian team did well to not let the ganguly issue hamper their concentration on the field, but they were able to do so because they are packed with players who are ranked among the world's best, and have a leader like dravid, whose cool-headedness we all know about.

akhon ganguly jodi eki natok bangladeshe eshe kore by any chance, then amader 20/22 bochorer chelera (jaderke kina shob kichu chamuche tule khawate hoy - not that it's anything bad) etake kibhabe handle korbe etao ekta kotha.

now i dont belive this is bound to happen; however, why appoint someone who you know has been the root of many problems in the past?

bola to jaay na - gangulyr jei mejaj o to kono playerke galio diye boshte pare...and after his display of indifference towards the welfare of the junior players in the team, i wouldn't be surprised if something of that sort does happen once he's appointed as a batting coach.

Edited on, December 1, 2005, 10:57 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old December 1, 2005, 07:02 PM
Cricket Legend

good thing about gangu is his aggresiveness, that was the reason for his success as indian captain. gangu didnt have problems with chappel, i think rather it was the other way round. chappel being an australian believes in playing the best 11 and as ganguli was not performing for a long time, this collision was bound to happen.

i will propose not to make the gangu coach but give him citizenship and make him captain of bd. he is decisive, can count how many overs his bowlers are bowling and so.>>>>>>>>> way better than bashar
Old December 2, 2005, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
ok, let me drop my hard-earned two cents here, as opposed to letting go of the ones that i picked up from the street the other day, which i've been doing so far on this thread. (sorry about that)

there's no doubt that ganguly's a great batsman and the best captain that india's had in a while. it's also true that he will understand our players better, being from the same background, and that our players will in turn be able to express themselves without having to lose anything in the translation. however, ganguly is known to have acted selfish on several occassions in the past, and everyone knows about his arrogance and the fact that onar power paile matha thik thake na.

under these circumstances, the plan might back-fire and the team might end up in a complete mess, with a few members rooting for ganguly while others against him. a lot of things can happen. the indian team did well to not let the ganguly issue hamper their concentration on the field, but they were able to do so because they are packed with players who are ranked among the world's best, and have a leader like dravid, whose cool-headedness we all know about.

akhon ganguly jodi eki natok bangladeshe eshe kore by any chance, then amader 20/22 bochorer chelera (jaderke kina shob kichu chamuche tule khawate hoy - not that it's anything bad) etake kibhabe handle korbe etao ekta kotha.

now i dont belive this is bound to happen; however, why appoint someone who you know has been the root of many problems in the past?

bola to jaay na - gangulyr jei mejaj o to kono playerke galio diye boshte pare...and after his display of indifference towards the welfare of the junior players in the team, i wouldn't be surprised if something of that sort does happen once he's appointed as a batting coach.

Edited on, December 1, 2005, 10:57 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Well said. Arekkhan kotha - Amago playerra bideshi coacheder Banglae Gaali dite obhbhosto , shutorang...
Old December 2, 2005, 04:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Khati Ancholik bhasha tee gali dele Ghoti Babu nao bujte pare.

Edited on, December 2, 2005, 10:00 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old December 2, 2005, 09:29 PM
Street Cricketer

i heard Dave WM is learning those bangla gali..just kidding
Old December 2, 2005, 11:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Let Dangulidada open for Bangladesh; we give him citizenship and ask fans not to call him "ghoti!"
Old December 3, 2005, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Haradhon
Let Dangulidada open for Bangladesh; we give him citizenship and ask fans not to call him "ghoti!"
then
miss the soap opera "Greg - Gang Show"
miss the threads and posting "Lets drop JO because he scored 2 centuries but slow and bring X, Y , Z because he score 6 with a strike rate of 300"