facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 15, 2010, 09:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe
Default Bangladesh's final overs batting deficiency

This is now turning into a major problem for our batsman. The top three imo have now come to be somewhat reliable batsman. In our last few ODIs we have built a solid platform, but miserably failed in the latter stages of the innings. So why could that be? What are the reasons for this, and how can we imporve that aspect of our game?

Well the first issue that needs to be discussed is the batting power play. When should this be taken? I think that the bd team use this wrongly. Batting PP does not mean mindless slogging, it might not even mean attacking batting. It could be used to disrupt the bowling captains bowling options, as he has to bowl his better bowlers during the powerplay and so the lesser players will bowl in the final overs. Making it easier to slog in the latter overs.

Next we need to see who is our best attacking batman, and who can score swiftly at more then a 100 strike rate??
For me, players like riyad and rahim are not suited for this job. They are the type of players who need to 'play them selves in', get used to the wicket and then go on to attacking mode maybe. So who can play this role?
I think shakib is the best suited to come into this position at #7. Our middle order should look like this #5 riyad #6 mushy #7 shakib.
This lineup is far more suited to attack in the final overs.

What do you guys think? What can BD do to improve this area of the game. Changes in tactics, ie taking batting PP earlier? Changes in batting lineup?....