facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 12, 2015, 10:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Official England thread (Drama, matches, players anything and everything)

We are eyeing to cross them in rankings. We haven't played against them any series lately. Plus all the drama that is going on and will be going on in near future....

Strauss vs Pieterson ROUND 2.

Strauss doesn't trust Pieterson thus closes the door for him (KP) to return to the England side. I like it. The weaker they are they better for us. However, Strauss offered a consulting job to Pieterson, lol.

Old May 12, 2015, 10:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Here are some interesting tweets:
I see the head boy is making English cricket the laughing stock again! #StraussLogic
— Graeme Smith (@GraemeSmith49) May 12, 2015

"I don't trust @KP24 enough for him to play for England but I trust him enough to advise me on ODI cricket" #strausslogic .
— Kumar Sangakkara (@KumarSanga2) May 12, 2015

Congratulations @KP24 on a fantastic innings. Only spoilt by Strauss & Tom Harrison. Keep your chin up and keep scoring runs! #KPForEngland
— Geoffrey Boycott (@GeoffreyBoycott) May 12, 2015

Just pick your best available players and let's stop over complicating sport.... It's a game of Cricket .. Nothing more Nothing less...
— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) May 11, 2015
Read that my old mate Strauss has said KP won't play for Eng, but offered him an advisory role to help Eng ? What the ? Serious ? #shambles
— Shane Warne (@ShaneWarne) May 12, 2015
If Strauss wanted instant public acceptance & the whole country to support Eng again, he should have said, "I want KP back in the team" !!!
— Shane Warne (@ShaneWarne) May 12, 2015
I have no agenda in this , I thought If @KP24 was to play again he should fight his way back in which he has , as for personality he can ..
— andrew flintoff (@flintoff11) May 12, 2015
Be high maintenance then again so was I , but you do grow up and change . I wish I had the chance to play in my mid 30's reckon I'd have...
Have been better ! Like all other fans I'm intrigued to know the reasons building for the future is lame . Only then will this be put to bed

I see Mr Strauss has allowed personal grievance to influence his decisions. Seems extraordinarily petty and immature. Doesn't bode well.
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) May 12, 2015

LINEKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It was never about KP's ability as a batsman, so why should the 326 n.o change anything?
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) May 12, 2015
Old May 12, 2015, 02:33 PM
Cricket Savant

The only exciting thing about English batting is KP....and he's not even English.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 12, 2015, 02:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Best for us....don't care what happens to english cricketing fraternity...with this, our rise to overthrow the colonial masters of the game has never looked brighter...entering number 5 is looking REAL GOOD...with the way the events are building up in the cricketing world...india and saffers' understimation of Tigers....plus Windies supposed tour..and ofcourse. English cricket's new ways of finding lows.....it's like destiny is putting all the things in the right places at right time for Tigers' ascent
Old May 12, 2015, 04:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
...it's like destiny is putting all the things in the right places at right time for Tigers' ascent
One makes his or her own destiny. What is BCB doing to keep us up there when we reach it? After this year, the home games will be gone. Are we prepared for the away tours? Can we get ready for those tours in time?
Old May 13, 2015, 02:57 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Strauss is a joke.

He doesn't trust KP but was offering a job? Wtf!!!
Old May 13, 2015, 11:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Having been told to go back to county cricket and score runs by the incoming ECB chairman, Colin Graves, two months ago, Pietersen will feel "let down in the way he's been treated", according to Alec Stewart, Surrey's director of cricket. "He's given up a £250,000 contract to play in the IPL, he's done what's been asked of him and now unfortunately from Kevin's point of view the door has been shut," Stewart said.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...ry/874653.html

Aam'o galo sala'o galo.
Old May 13, 2015, 12:21 PM
Cricket Guru

After what KP had done to Strauss, what was he expecting?!!!
Old May 13, 2015, 03:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

Eshen, if you are gonna be top dog, you gotta maximize your talent base. Including one who has called you a doos. I think Pietersen's expectation was fair:
Quote:
I went into the meeting expecting Strauss to say that England’s batting order is good at the moment but if I continued to score runs and if an injury occurred then I would be in contention to play. I would naturally have to earn my recall, but at least I would be eligible
source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...nd-deceit.html

This is pure pettiness.
Old May 13, 2015, 06:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Bangladesher hoye khellei to hoy

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 15, 2015, 04:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Wow. New development. Had KP was incorporated Cook would have left the team. Interesting!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricke...-would-5693336

Kevin Pietersen England recall would have sparked walk-outs by captain Alastair Cook AND backroom staff

Us or him: Cook spelled out to ECB chiefs what recalling Pietersen would mean

Alastair Cook was ready to walk away from international cricket if Kevin Pietersen had been offered a way back to the England fold.

And Mirror Sport understands that new director of cricket Andrew Strauss has prevented a full-scale revolt at the ECB following his decision to leave the controversial batsman in the international wilderness.

From Cook at the top to everyday ECB employees below, the strength of feeling against Pietersen at cricket HQ was enough to convince Strauss and chief executive Tom Harrison that a return was impossible, regardless of how many runs he scored.

Strauss took full responsibility for the decision on Tuesday, but behind the scenes Cook represented the feelings of several players when he made it plain he was ready to give up his England shirt if Pietersen was brought back.

Cook has constantly referred the decision regarding Pietersen to the top brass above him, but after an apparent softening towards the Surrey batsman in recent weeks, he delivered the ‘us or him’ ultimatum, and left Strauss and Harrison with a clear choice to make.

But it is the revelation that other members of administrative staff - those who work in the offices - also felt that way which will shed more light on the decision.

A source close to the ECB said: “There are people who would absolutely have walked away rather than deal with Kevin again. "He has made life incredibly difficult for a large number of people over the years and the idea that he might be back horrified them.”

Cook was savaged in Pietersen’s autobiography.
The pair fell out irreparably in Australia as the Ashes were lost 5-0 and Cook stood squarely behind the initial decision by Paul Downton to send Pietersen into exile.

His latest intervention may not have altered Strauss’ viewpoint on Pietersen, but it will certainly have been a factor in the decision that the ECB hope will allow the England team to move on and build for the future.

Pietersen had been expected to fly to India on Friday and hook up with the Hyderabad Sunrisers for the final stages of the IPL season, but is now set to miss out because of an Achilles injury.
Old May 15, 2015, 04:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ECB better get rid of KP for good, this guy will always bring controversy, like Shoaib Akhter, no matter how good a player he is it is better for Eng to try to move forward without him.
Old May 15, 2015, 06:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Both sides are acting like children. No idea what happened behind the scenes previously but they should of had a new start, wiped the slate clean. Strauss should've been more open and forgiving, Pietersen should have shown more commitment.

I do wonder if the recent addition to the saga was about testing pietersen's commitment, but then it wasn't a very fair test if that's what they were doing.

Cook doesn't deserve to be England captain and neither did Strauss, if they cared about cricket in their country (which they should being its captain) then they should of handled things a lot differently. Sure Pietersen plays a part in this but it takes more than just him, this has gone on for years now and across captaincy so it's clear multiple people are involved in this and it's not just Pietersen being the sole cause of issue.
Old May 16, 2015, 12:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Lol England needs to get rid of their 'backroom staff', they're useless and of all teams they have the largest ones who pamper their players but have no results to show for.
Old May 21, 2015, 08:39 AM
Cricket Savant

We have a total circus now. Cook denies of ultimatum. I guess I have to wait for Cook's biography to know some more juicy stuff.
Old May 21, 2015, 07:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Moeen century tomorrow
Old May 22, 2015, 05:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Moeen gone, I recant