facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 24, 2007, 08:34 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Bangladesh make changes to avoid whitewash in the ODI series

Current Tour

Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2007
Bangladesh make changes to avoid whitewash in the ODI series
24 July 2007
Bangladesh think tank has opted for couple of changes in the third and final ODI against Sri Lanka in a desperate bid to avoid whitewash. Sri Lanka have already gained an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three match Laqshya series by defeating Bangladesh comfortably in the first two ODIs.

Read the rest of the bulletin ยป

Old July 24, 2007, 08:44 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

it seems as though they are keen on kicking out Nafees. But im telling you, If JO gets out cheaply, then Im going to bring havoc in this forum. I mean come on, it was clearly seen that Tamim was struggling, and yet they replace Nafees for one bad game. where the hell is the justice in there?
Old July 24, 2007, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

That was a stupid move. He was the top scorer in the first game. For some reasons, our selectors just love to go back to Javed Omar. If anything, Mehrab should've gotten a game.
Old July 24, 2007, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

JO will get run and confirm his place for the next tour. BTW I don't like JO in the team. His technique is faulty but used to get runs when need to save his career.
Old July 24, 2007, 09:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
That was a stupid move. He was the top scorer in the first game. For some reasons, our selectors just love to go back to Javed Omar. If anything, Mehrab should've gotten a game.
Agreed, but what else do you expect from these guys?

Looking forward to see MM Riyad in action. I wonder if the "input" can match the "expectation", and will have something to do with his "technical output" on the field.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 24, 2007 at 09:39 AM..
Old July 24, 2007, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
echo!
Old July 24, 2007, 09:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

And Bd gets black washed. Players are not the problem. It is the system we have. duh!! Another 20 year old's career on the line.
Old July 24, 2007, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

nah amar khali T_E er kotha mone porese. JO er jonno (team theke bad porar jonno) nijeke Cat theke Tiger banaisilen. ekhon ki vaben, Cat naki Tiger!
Old July 24, 2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Mashrafe not back. Damn!
Old July 24, 2007, 09:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Interest... like our players... the selectors are also have timimg issues ... too slow to react.

Looks like they always pick the wrong time when they are selecting and dropping a player specially SN. Drop him before could have made some sense, dropping now (3rd ODI) doesn't make sense. If they really want to use Golla for 3rd ODI, then giving rest to Tamim for one game makes more sense than this.
Old July 24, 2007, 09:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Interest... like our players... the selectors are also have timimg issues ... too slow to react.
Herbology 101.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 24, 2007, 09:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

jai KODU shai LAOU. no matter what top order will fail unless SL makes the pitch low bouncy...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 24, 2007, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

In this situation nothing is gonna work. We looked clearly out of sorts, batting was terrible throughout the whole series. Even if we win this match it does not make any differnece at all. We will remain as bad as we are.

As for the changes- well, no one was performing thus why two players will be chopped? We should have sticked with the same team may be replacing Tamim. He could not impress me at all except the innings against India in the huge WC opening match.

From SN to JO it's all the same to me. It's a torture for the eyes to watch these players batting. Feets are glued with the pitch, wrong timing, fragile mind, lack of mental toughness- this is not the way to play cricket.

Selectors are becoming laughing stock day by day. But is it them or team management who took the decision to drop SN and Tushar?

เฆ“เฆ‡เฆ–เฆพเฆจเง‡ เฆ†เฆฎเฆฟเฆ“ เฆ†เฆ›เฆฟ /เฆฏเง‡เฆ‡เฆ–เฆพเฆจเง‡ เฆธเง‚เฆฐเงเฆฏ เฆ‰เฆฆเงŸ/เฆชเงเฆฐเฆฟเงŸเฆฆเง‡เฆถ เฆชเฆพเฆฒเงเฆŸเง‡ เฆฆเง‡เฆฌเง‹/เฆคเงเฆฎเฆฟ เฆ†เฆฐ เฆ†เฆฎเฆฟ เฆฌเง‹เฆงเฆนเงŸ/เฆ•เฆฎเฆฐเง‡เฆก, เฆคเงˆเฆฐเฆฟ เฆฅเง‡เฆ•เง‹/เฆ—เฆพเงŸเง‡ เฆฎเฆพเฆ–เง‹ เฆ†เฆฒเฆคเฆพ เฆฌเฆฐเฆฃ/เฆ†เฆฎเฆฟ เฆคเงเฆฎเฆฟ เฆ†เฆฎเฆฟ เฆคเงเฆฎเฆฟ/เฆเฆญเฆพเฆฌเง‡เฆ‡ เฆฒเฆ•เงเฆท เฆšเฆฐเฆฃ
Old July 24, 2007, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
it seems as though they are keen on kicking out Nafees. But im telling you, If JO gets out cheaply, then Im going to bring havoc in this forum. I mean come on, it was clearly seen that Tamim was struggling, and yet they replace Nafees for one bad game. where the hell is the justice in there?
It is called politics because tamim is the nephew of akram khan.
Old July 24, 2007, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

BD selectors read my post

I had already suggested elsewhere on this forum " I can only say, at the risk of sounding stupid - get Golla to open and Rajin in the middle order."

They got Golla ... they couldn't get Rajin cos Bangladesh Biman couldn't arrange for his transport .

Now that Golla got picked, i risk Spitfire's ire .
Old July 24, 2007, 10:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
Now if Golla scores another golla, then you risk my ire also
Old July 24, 2007, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra

I had already suggested elsewhere on this forum " I can only say, at the risk of sounding stupid - get Golla to open and Rajin in the middle order."

They got Golla ... they couldn't get Rajin cos Bangladesh Biman couldn't arrange for his transport .

Me three
Old July 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

JO surely is a bad move. The whole team played so crap so how would replacing SN help? I believe SN is a much better player than JO. The thing is SL is far too good of a team than any other teams and no matter what, with our lack of confidence and poor skills will never win a match against a team like SL - sorry.. it hurts but true.

I think we should start from the bottom again. We had a good last year as we played against all teams lower in the ranking than us. As a result of that we had a fairly good world cup (Loss against IRE just kills me!!). This year we started with IND, didn't play that bad - came close.

Next few teams we should target are: WI - although they won the series against ENG, they are going thr' so much trouble with the captaincy, new couch etc. They sucked in the test.. could not score more than 200 in more than 3 innings.

IRE- well we lost the world cup match against them and recently they gave the windies the run for their money. Fast improving team, I won't be surprised if they go above us in the ranking by next year.

PAK - still rusty after the world cup blow.

i think the selector/committee should work harder with the ICC to get games against these team rather than playing against the tops.

Roni
Old July 24, 2007, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

I didn't suggest JO replace SN, rather that JO be there (with SN) to provide a decent start. JO could've replaced Tushar or tamim.

For all of JO's technical limitations, i am yet to see someone play better than him at the opener's slot. So it is more of lack of options than anything else.
Old July 24, 2007, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Now if Golla scores another golla, then you risk my ire also
Now that Golla knows that i risk the ire of so many prominent BD members, i am sure he's gonna perform.

Get ready with KalaJaams for me, guys.
Old July 24, 2007, 11:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Looking forward to see MM Riyad in action. I wonder if the "input" can match the "expectation", and will have something to do with his "technical output" on the field.

tc pic

Still expecting some "output" from them. I am giving up all my hope, and I wish I can stop visiting the site as there is no more good cricket left for BD. May be on 2008, if something better happens, if really BCB and other cricket organizers realize the importance of this game for BD and fans, I will start writing something positive. Otherwise I am tired of no good domestic cricket after so many failures, and requests. No planning and corruption with all the resources we had to improve this sport. What's the point of writing and discussing here then, if the whole cricket authorities are reluctant, players are not giving 100% or even making the same mistakes again and again. Time for them to step down as they are making Cricket like other corrupted and unsuccessful sports in BD. I guess I will just step down and stop following these moves, results, and everything associated with BD cricket.

I would have accepted these defeats but no actions at all from cricket authority to rectify the system and rather they are bringing another 20+ year old and making his debut. They are doing this process for 7 years and still same thing.

I wish I never got myself affiliated with BD cricket. I hope this will be my last post of this year as we are on the same page where we were couple of years back especially in batting and cricket development.
Old July 24, 2007, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS

tc pic

Still expecting some "output" from them. I am giving up all my hope, and I wish I can stop visiting the site as there is no more good cricket left for BD. May be on 2008, if something better happens, if really BCB and other cricket organizers realize the importance of this game for BD and fans, I will start writing something positive. Otherwise I am tired of no good domestic cricket after so many failures, and requests. No planning and corruption with all the resources we had to improve this sport. What's the point of writing and discussing here then, if the whole cricket authorities are reluctant, players are not giving 100% or even making the same mistakes again and again. Time for them to step down as they are making Cricket like other corrupted and unsuccessful sports in BD. I guess I will just step down and stop following these moves, results, and everything associated with BD cricket.

I would have accepted these defeats but no actions at all from cricket authority to rectify the system and rather they are bringing another 20+ year old and making his debut. They are doing this process for 7 years and still same thing.

I wish I never got myself affiliated with BD cricket. I hope this will be my last post of this year as we are on the same page where we were couple of years back especially in batting and cricket development.
I think your 'humki' on giving up our cricket heard by the authority. Thats why they decided to step down from BCB. No joke my friend, BCB JS and another 11 office bearers resigned today. Hope, this time some true cricket lover organizer will take charge and work for the development of the game.
Old July 24, 2007, 11:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
... I wish I never got myself affiliated with BD cricket. I hope this will be my last post of this year as we are on the same page where we were couple of years back especially in batting and cricket development.
I understand where you're coming from, but please stay the course bro. You're not a fair weather fan, so don't let the hard rain get you down more than it needs to ...
Old July 24, 2007, 11:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from, but please stay the course bro. You're not a fair weather fan, so don't let the hard rain get you down more than it needs to ...
yeah, a horrible loss tonight will have us cursing for five straight months and then an ODI series victory in New zealand will make SS and other pessimistic members say, "we were only kidding"
Old July 24, 2007, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Low expectation, low expectation and low expectation

Instead of Golla, Mehrab should have been given a chance. Dropping SN is not a good idea