facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 25, 2010, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibangali
I guess you did not really read my comments carefully.
Well, I did. You were saying that they didn't 'attempt' to chase down the total 385. So when such a mammoth task is impossible, when they can't even properly sight the older ball, you say they should've slogged and attempted to win? I can guarantee you don't have the slightest Idea how difficult chasing in Dambullah is. And that's evident from your posts when you say they' should've got something around 150/5 in 25 overs. It's as good as lost, and, I'd take 240/5 than 130 all out in 20 overs anyday, thank you. Atleast get some batting practice before a tough tour ahead.

Old June 25, 2010, 09:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Well, I did. You were saying that they didn't 'attempt' to chase down the total 385. So when such a mammoth task is impossible, when they can't even properly sight the older ball, you say they should've slogged and attempted to win? I can guarantee you don't have the slightest Idea how difficult chasing in Dambullah is. And that's evident from your posts when you say they' should've got something around 150/5 in 25 overs. It's as good as lost, and, I'd take 240/5 than 130 all out in 20 overs anyday, thank you. Atleast get some batting practice before a tough tour ahead.
You don't get it. The approach made it look as good as 100 all out...
We were never going to win...but we should have at least pretended like we're trying.we just basically had the players sunbathing for 90 overs of the match. Lankans would think twice before hosting us again every year...We should have tried to give the match some meaning. All we had here was pure match practice...one team knew from the 11th over that they were winning..and the other accepted they were losing. Pathetic...
Old June 25, 2010, 09:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
this is the difference between you and me. I want my team to win and play positively and hate this so called honorable defeat approach. There is no honour in giving up when chances are there to go for win even if that chance is next to zero. If my team gives up before trying then achieving the win is impossible. If my players play for themselves then they will be selfish and short sighted. If my coach is more concerned about few individuals then the team will suffer.

Can you not see its not just about that game, the issue is much bigger and dangerous.