facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 12, 2014, 12:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default shakib to come back for ZIM series

He's coming back early according to Papon miah. Source = daily star

#OneTeam1Dream

Old August 12, 2014, 01:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

If this happens then i'd disagree with it.

OK, his punishment was politically motivated and a bit harsh but once the decision was made the BCB should stand by it. Once you make a stand and send a warning out to players about behaviour the worst thing you can do is back down from the punishment and reduce it, because now the BCB looks like a weak organisation that bows down to certain players.

Just my thoughts
Old August 12, 2014, 03:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

2 wrongs can't make a right. He's already missing out on CPL and WI series. Let's see what happens to his NOCs. Punishment was excessive starting from crotch grabbing incident.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 12, 2014, 07:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

dekse WI er sathe jodi shakib kheleo tarporo harar somvobona bepok. so take nay ni- harle jeno ghure fire ai excuse dite pare.. but zim er sathe hara ta man- ijjoter bepar so shakib k dhukay dibe..
Old August 13, 2014, 08:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Advice to BCB: "Bhabiya Korio kaaj, Koria Bhabio na".
Old August 13, 2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Advice to BCB: "Bhabiya Korio kaaj, Koria Bhabio na".
"churey na shoney dhormer kahinee"!!!
Old August 13, 2014, 02:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C

OK, his punishment was politically motivated and a bit harsh but once the decision was made the BCB should stand by it. Once you make a stand and send a warning out to players about behaviour the worst thing you can do is back down from the punishment and reduce it, because now the BCB looks like a weak organisation that bows down to certain players.

Just my thoughts
On top of that, Papon, the President, was so animated in the press conference, (I watched it again just the other day) that this sort of indiscipline, he (Papon) and his cronies never encountered before plus this was a stern message to the other players.

By the way, does anyone know if Shakib withdrew the harassment case (wife) off?
Old August 13, 2014, 03:24 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

^I would be really surprised if he didn't and BCB still lessened the punishment. Papon mentioned few times that he is pleased with Shakib's recent activities. And we all know that case may have played a major role if not the only role for that punishment. .
Old August 14, 2014, 08:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
gold..hehe
Old August 14, 2014, 08:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
^I would be really surprised if he didn't and BCB still lessened the punishment. Papon mentioned few times that he is pleased with Shakib's recent activities. And we all know that case may have played a major role if not the only role for that punishment. .
We all know that he is not the best Shakib we saw few years back but the entire incident just messed up our chance for a good test cricket after long time. There are many incidents like this happen with the cricketers in other countries when stern warning and penalty fees are applied, and the case gets dismissed. We still have to think without Shakib and prepare his replacement but there is no one yet and I doubt in next 5 years there will be someone like him. If BCB is that much concerned what steps they are taking to create a player like that caliber. Get professional, stop the drama and animated press conference with political emotional scenes and childish display of behavior.
Old August 14, 2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
We all know that he is not the best Shakib we saw few years back but the entire incident just messed up our chance for a good test cricket after long time. There are many incidents like this happen with the cricketers in other countries when stern warning and penalty fees are applied, and the case gets dismissed. We still have to think without Shakib and prepare his replacement but there is no one yet and I doubt in next 5 years there will be someone like him. If BCB is that much concerned what steps they are taking to create a player like that caliber. Get professional, stop the drama and animated press conference with political emotional scenes and childish display of behavior.
I wish if some one like you were in BCB ...to take our cricket ahead.
Old August 15, 2014, 01:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C

Just my thoughts
How is the punishment politically motivated? Shakib is closer to AL than to BNP.

Why is it so difficult to accept that Shakib did something punishable?
Old August 15, 2014, 04:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Because he messed with the wrong guy's son, which is why it was politically motivated. Its not always about those two parties.
Old August 15, 2014, 06:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

another prime example of hujugey bangali
takes decisions emotionally without thinking and then realizes how silly it was.
Old August 15, 2014, 08:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur86
How is the punishment politically motivated? Shakib is closer to AL than to BNP.

Why is it so difficult to accept that Shakib did something punishable?
First, you do not know who Shakib is closer to - we all can only assume. Second, politics in sense of not party politics. It is linked to case he has against the four men. I am not sure if he has withdrew the case as of right now.

If the punishment was solely to discipline then it wouldn't be this heavy to begin with or they wouldn't had to retract some of it. It was emotionally driven and unanimous (in Papon's word - anonymous - watch the video). Why emotion is involved? Because it has connection to politicking the entire BCB committee. Them harassing happy VIP men parents have multiple ties to the Board, Papon, and Bangladesh Parliament.
Old August 15, 2014, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
"Bilat ghurey Makkah jowa "
Old August 15, 2014, 08:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
First, you do not know who Shakib is closer to - we all can only assume. Second, politics in sense of not party politics. It is linked to case he has against the four men. I am not sure if he has withdrew the case as of right now.

If the punishment was solely to discipline then it wouldn't be this heavy to begin with or they wouldn't had to retract some of it. It was emotionally driven and unanimous (in Papon's word - anonymous - watch the video). Why emotion is involved? Because it has connection to politicking the entire BCB committee. Them harassing happy VIP men parents have multiple ties to the Board, Papon, and Bangladesh Parliament.
Un-anonymously when I saw that I

Pretty pathetic that he's the board president. And we wonder why we haven't progressed. Can't get better when you have incompetent people like him running our cricket
Old August 16, 2014, 01:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

You missed the point completely. Shakib made something wrong, and therefore has been punished. If anyone claims that his punishment is political, it is his duty to prove that.

You are right that we can only assume about his political orientation. And for this simple reason no one should mention politics as a reason of his punishment.

However, you may claim that Shakib is completely innocent and therefore, he does not deserve any punishment. That would make your stance clear. Why emotion is involved, why not this or that was done, whether it is politically motivated or not - these are meaningless talks.

You may hate Papon and the BCB for your own personal opinion and mental satisfaction but you should not support indiscipline of the players for the sake of the team and the player himself.
Old August 16, 2014, 01:32 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Un-anonymously when I saw that I

Pretty pathetic that he's the board president. And we wonder why we haven't progressed. Can't get better when you have incompetent people like him running our cricket
Papon may be a pathetic board president (he is not though) but that does not justify our best player's wrong doings.
Old August 16, 2014, 05:21 PM
BC Editorial Team

Ankur, big fan of Papon? That Papon is a class A clown is pretty evident in his public behavior and his actions. To every one!
Old August 16, 2014, 05:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Ankur, big fan of Papon? That Papon is a class A clown is pretty evident in his public behavior and his actions. To every one!
Old August 17, 2014, 02:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Saw this coming a couple of weeks before Eid. BCB now has the opportunity to right all of their wrongs by making sure the greatest multi-sport athlete of our time also "comes back" with Shakib against Zimbabwe. Why not win for a change? Why not have one of our own score a couple of test triple hundreds? Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 17, 2014, 01:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

on a serious note : shukur alhamdulillah
Old August 17, 2014, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Why in the world someone would name their name "Papon"?
Are we really short of a name? What does Papon means anyways?
Old August 17, 2014, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Sohel bhai Nazzar pisone lagse ken? ... Nazza to koyek bochor dhore national team er ashe pashei nai ... anyway enjoying the nachorbanda approach ... things are so bad we should select a non performer every month and bash him all month long