facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2011, 01:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..
Default Consistency is our greatest enemy

dont blame the coach don't blame the players cos the real problem here is Consistency, CONSISTENCY IS OUR GREATEST ENEMY which we need to fix

Old March 21, 2011, 02:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

We have been hearing it ever since BD got the test status. Seems like there's no solution to it!
Old March 21, 2011, 02:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

And I just hated Tamim's big mouth during this WC!
Old March 21, 2011, 02:19 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

If you are ranked 8 or 9 in the world by default you will be inconsistent. It's like saying losing is our enemy. That's obvious.

Australia, India, SL have been consistent. That's why they are where they are.

You only get consistency by being a better team.
Old March 21, 2011, 02:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
If you are ranked 8 or 9 in the world by default you will be inconsistent. It's like saying losing is our enemy. That's obvious.

That's what I keep on thinking. It has been 10.5 years now since we entered the Test Arena, but we are yet to find that golden thing- ''Consistency''!

Who knows, may be we will never have a solution to this problem!
Old March 21, 2011, 03:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

I know we are ranked at number 9 we can perhaps FIGHT CONSISTENCY by doing things that makes us more consistent with our performance i am not asking to become number 1 ranking team in the world right away we should focus on fixing our consistency problem , Instead of blaming it on the players & head coaches , and senior officials . if we can solve our consistency and perhaps help ourselves to go upto 6-7 why not work on it.
Old March 21, 2011, 03:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irampool
And I just hated Tamim's big mouth during this WC!
Don't Blame on players they did well they won 3 games out of six and tamim has contributed in matches against India, England & Ireland as well so the problem here is basically Consistency
Old March 21, 2011, 04:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Normally I'd say: INconsistency is our biggest enemy and therefore consistency is our biggest challenge. But since we're amazingly consistent with our inconsistency, I'd have to agree.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 21, 2011, 04:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
dont blame the coach don't blame the players cos the real problem here is Consistency, CONSISTENCY IS OUR GREATEST ENEMY which we need to fix
What r u saying? Don't blame anyone means, none takes responsibility for inconsistency? or is it something we can import & install ?
Old March 21, 2011, 04:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
What r u saying? Don't blame anyone means, none takes responsibility for inconsistency? or is it something we can import & install ?
its something we need to solve rigth away it might take time but u have to work hard for it nothing comes easy without hard work
Old March 21, 2011, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:

Very well said Ian. We weren't as good as many of the Bangladeshis made us believe. We are still no.8/9 and for a reason, we still have a long way to go before we can regularly challenge Ind/SL/Aus/SA. The sooner we realize, the quicker we can get to work and the better we will become.
PS: I think the NZ series ended up bloating our expectations and increased the pressure on the boys. A 3-1 loss would have kept people's expectations low and a lot less heartbreaks.
Old March 21, 2011, 06:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
Ever heard the word called "accountability"?
Old March 21, 2011, 06:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

we need to fill in the team with more consistent plyrs like TI,Sak,Imrul.
Rubel as a bwlr is more consistent than Shafi.
Inclusion of Jahurul in place of Mushy will improve our bttng consistency.(as well as the WKeeping)
Old March 21, 2011, 07:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Ever heard the word called "accountability"?
words dont mean anything we have to solve it or at least try to be consistent for some time
Old March 21, 2011, 08:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I respectfully disagree with you, max. Others have focused on the responsibility part; but I will go on the consistency part.

Over the years, I think, I have observed a very consistent pattern of our performances and management. Here are a few of those patterns:

1) Against minnows, we have been pretty consistent, when they failed to fight against us. Most of our wins are against Zim and Kenya.

2) When the minnows put up a fight, we faltered. Again, Ireland, Zim, Netherlands are examples.

3) Against the top sides, we have won a few matches when our bowlers clicked and the batsmen did not bat like their usual crap. However, we have been handicapped when the opponents have been on fire. We have consistently been incapable of handling the pressure.

4) We have always batted to improve on our stats, not for wins, when the opposition had a big score.

5) After every win, the coaches have reaped the benefit. After every loss, they have mentioned our ranking.

6) Tamim has always shown zero respect to his batting partner, be it Golla, or SN or Imrul or Ashraful. Examples, run outs.

7) Our lower order had consistenly helped to post a so-called 'shommanjonok' score in the past. Now a days, out top order does the same, as Rafique-Mash-Pilot have been replaced by Tamim-Imrul-Junaed. Our middle order was always consistently crap, bar one or two players like Akram, Nannu and Bulbul.

8) The BCB has consistently been non-professional after the Saber Hossain era. They have dumped good coaches like Greenidge and Dave and have shown confidence in craps like Mohsin and Siddons. The selection has consistently been influenced by names and connections irrespective of performances on the field. The current situation is probably the worst one, where the coach's good book is the only criteria for selection.
Old March 21, 2011, 08:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

^Couldn't have put it any better myself bro. WTG Baundule!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 21, 2011, 08:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I respectfully disagree with you, max. Others have focused on the responsibility part; but I will go on the consistency part.

Over the years, I think, I have observed a very consistent pattern of our performances and management. Here are a few of those patterns:

1) Against minnows, we have been pretty consistent, when they failed to fight against us. Most of our wins are against Zim and Kenya.

2) When the minnows put up a fight, we faltered. Again, Ireland, Zim, Netherlands are examples.

3) Against the top sides, we have won a few matches when our bowlers clicked and the batsmen did not bat like their usual crap. However, we have been handicapped when the opponents have been on fire. We have consistently been incapable of handling the pressure.

4) We have always batted to improve on our stats, not for wins, when the opposition had a big score.

5) After every win, the coaches have reaped the benefit. After every loss, they have mentioned our ranking.

6) Tamim has always shown zero respect to his batting partner, be it Golla, or SN or Imrul or Ashraful. Examples, run outs.

7) Our lower order had consistenly helped to post a so-called 'shommanjonok' score in the past. Now a days, out top order does the same, as Rafique-Mash-Pilot have been replaced by Tamim-Imrul-Junaed. Our middle order was always consistently crap, bar one or two players like Akram, Nannu and Bulbul.

8) The BCB has consistently been non-professional after the Saber Hossain era. They have dumped good coaches like Greenidge and Dave and have shown confidence in craps like Mohsin and Siddons. The selection has consistently been influenced by names and connections irrespective of performances on the field. The current situation is probably the worst one, where the coach's good book is the only criteria for selection.
Very good posts with lots of key points...i wish these brains and thoughts are there in BCB...
Old March 21, 2011, 08:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:

We all know about the ranking and we have seen what the no. 9 ranked team did to the no. 8 one. Ranking does not dictate losing matches. It is actually the other way around. We are ranked as no.8 or 9 because of losing matches.

What can our coaches do to make us win consistently? Or, we should continue losing only because we are ranked #9?

----------------
Thanks, SS and Sohel bhai.