facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 24, 2018, 07:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I disagree. His spin bowling is nothing extraordinary. Spinners like Herath and Vettori are better left arm spinners than Shakib despite what stats say. I will personally rely on Vettori's spin for ODIs, and Herath's spin for Tests than Shakib's spin. His batting is even worse – nothing special. Has a horrible technique. Scores the bulk of his runs against weak bowling attacks. Also, you have to consider the conditions he plays under. He's a very good player, but definitely not an all-time great. Personally, I think Afridi is a better spin bowling all-rounder in ODIs than Shakib. Afridi was a game-changer and match-winner.

Old January 24, 2018, 07:13 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Goddamn Tiger100, you kinda slayed it dude. Take it easy bruh...
Old January 24, 2018, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I don't think his greatness is just to do with cricket. Because yeah, like many have said, he particularly does not impose his will or have a killer instinct like all the greats have. But what makes Shakib Shakib is how he does not give a F, sometimes at the peril of the team. Made himself super rich, got the hot wife, room full of man of the match trophies, slices and dices the numbers game perfectly to remain atop the all rounder charts. I think cricket is a very small fraction of what constitutes the essence of the Magura man. It's about coming out of the corrupt hellhole that is Bd, and just enjoying life, taking it easy, playing the game, riding off to sunset.
Old January 24, 2018, 07:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

He will always be defined by that 'Balls grabbing' episode; hence will not be the greatest.
Old January 24, 2018, 07:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I don't think his greatness is just to do with cricket. Because yeah, like many have said, he particularly does not impose his will or have a killer instinct like all the greats have. But what makes Shakib Shakib is how he does not give a F, sometimes at the peril of the team. Made himself super rich, got the hot wife, room full of man of the match trophies, slices and dices the numbers game perfectly to remain atop the all rounder charts. I think cricket is a very small fraction of what constitutes the essence of the Magura man. It's about coming out of the corrupt hellhole that is Bd, and just enjoying life, taking it easy, playing the game, riding off to sunset.
Well put Roey.

I also think Shakib’s key to success is his attitude. By thinking he is the best and not give a f about anything.
Old January 24, 2018, 07:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
He will always be defined by that 'Balls grabbing' episode; hence will not be the greatest.
Not sure if you are being sarcastic. But that episode doesn’t even come close to the top 10 things that will define Shakib.
Old January 24, 2018, 07:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Not sure if you are being sarcastic. But that episode doesn’t even come close to the top 10 things that will define Shakib.
Okay for your convenience

Here it is : /s
Old January 24, 2018, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
I think it does. And I am glad it does! It's a part of his don't give a F life. Tell the media to F off, who try to lecture us condescendingly about what is right and wrong while at the same time protecting the elites.

The man was mad, had a towel on, and the camera just keeps focusing on him, it could be spur of the moment thing. Hell, could have even been a joke. Big deal. But the colonial cricket media tries to please their English masters, "Shakib Al Hassan was seen making a rude gesture". Oohhhh, how rude. Really? How dare he bring disrespect to the gentleman's game. Total joke.
Old January 24, 2018, 08:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Getting spicy now, only had to mention balls grabbng
Old January 24, 2018, 08:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Great post by tiger100. Please replace the "down" in thread title with "up". Or more precisely, replace "go down" with "on his way".

Iceman>Dadaman

He is not going down anywhere.
Old January 24, 2018, 11:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Numerous occasions, lol. BD as a team haven't won against credible opponents on "Numerous" occasions yet.

This is your forum, of course Shakib will win here, that's a given, but don't take such notions outside BC, you will be embarrassed.
Here are two articles from outside BC:
.................................................. ...................
Overall, Shakib has three performances in these two lists, which is the most for any player. In fact, he alone accounts for nearly 11% of all such performances (three out of 28). Only two others - Botham and Hadlee - figure more than once, which is a good indicator of Shakib's all-round pedigree, and his ability to bring it all together with both bat and ball in one match.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...er-going-today

His all-round numbers in Tests stand up to the toughest scrutiny. With the bat, he averages 40.85, which is better than averages of the four great allrounders of the 1980s, and also better than Tony Greig (40.43), Keith Miller (36.97), Shaun Pollock (32.31), Chris Cairns (33.53), and Andrew Flintoff (31.77). His bowling average of 32.45 is better than those of Garry Sobers (34.03), Flintoff (32.78) and Jacques Kallis (32.65).
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...hakib-al-hasan
Old January 24, 2018, 11:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
So if you are not sure then why do you bother to respond?

Amrao bharikkiana "regulator" mentality ante pari icha korle...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 24, 2018, 11:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Shakib is a fantastic player but he needs some iconic match winning performances against big teams to claim legendary status. two wickets and 35 runs per match would look perfect on a spreadsheet but not enough to earn him the ATG status.

I will get out of here now, already became the villain of this thread, lol. ������

Champions Trophy victory over NZ(A knockout match for Both Bangladesh and NZ mind you). if that wasn't a match winning performance i don't know what is(Riyad also did his part)

Beating India in 2007. another Match Winning knock. Asia Cup 2012 knocks against India and Sri Lanka. Beating India in 2-1 in 2015 where he scored vital fifties and took crucial wickets...

Shakib single handedly destroyed NZ in 2010. NZ not a big team?

how about that Match against Sri Lanka when Mendis and Murali were the two most feared bowlers in world cricket. his 92* was certainly a match winning knock. Granted, the only regret I have is his performance in World cup matches against big teams...that is one area i think he can improve on. but other than that, what are you talking about?
Old January 24, 2018, 11:30 PM
Cricket Legend

It's okay lads, Indians barely watch any Bangladesh matches yet believe they are experts on our mediocre players.

Please be made aware that Saurav's Ganguly's NUMEROUS ATG innings against an ATG Pakistan side was the pinnacle of ATG performances.
Old January 24, 2018, 11:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I think it does. And I am glad it does! It's a part of his don't give a F life. Tell the media to F off, who try to lecture us condescendingly about what is right and wrong while at the same time protecting the elites.

The man was mad, had a towel on, and the camera just keeps focusing on him, it could be spur of the moment thing. Hell, could have even been a joke. Big deal. But the colonial cricket media tries to please their English masters, "Shakib Al Hassan was seen making a rude gesture". Oohhhh, how rude. Really? How dare he bring disrespect to the gentleman's game. Total joke.
As someone who achieved nothing but mastery of arm chair cricket critique, I think I will completely ignore you and stroke my petty ego having an one manup ship policing people's behavior.

Capish?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 24, 2018, 11:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Shakib ball tampering incident:

Old January 25, 2018, 12:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

That is just bollocks