facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old April 8, 2013, 05:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
looks photoshopped to me

Turns out this was not photoshopped. This is a picture from a different angle.
http://alalodulal.org/2013/04/08/deep-politics/

Old April 8, 2013, 06:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Not true according to the video posted on al Jazeera...

Notice at least 2 flags in the background, meaning that there must be more outside the scope of the lens. Not as many as Shahbag for sure, but then again is anyone keeping count?
The two photos widely circulated to show "Jonoshumudro" says a different story...

Manush mara ar gari purano konodino kono dhormer hifazat kora hotey parey na.....
Old April 8, 2013, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

^ To them God may be above state - but so is "One Nation Under God'" phrase.
That is just diverting the dialog.

In fact that is a nice phrase.
Old April 8, 2013, 09:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
The two photos widely circulated to show "Jonoshumudro" says a different story...
But but but al Jazariah and Alal o Dulal picture shows a different different story. Kar different story bishshash korbu...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 8, 2013, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
But but but al Jazariah and Alal o Dulal picture shows a different different story. Kar different story bishshash korbu...
Brother... irrespective, you have to admit that these guys are playing politics in the name of Religion and Allah.... I find that wrong and as a much more devoted individual than myself, I think u should too.

You dont hurt women, injure and kill policeman, destroy property and create terror in the name of Allah... Believe what you may, but that is exactly what is being done at the moment.

You love your country, than you would demand justice for crimes against humanity committed against a nation during its liberation. Its not playing politics instead it is just the right thing to do.
Old April 8, 2013, 10:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Brother... irrespective, you have to admit that these guys are playing politics in the name of Religion and Allah.... I find that wrong and as a much more devoted individual than myself, I think u should too.

You dont hurt women, injure and kill policeman, destroy property and create terror in the name of Allah... Believe what you may, but that is exactly what is being done at the moment.

You love your country, than you would demand justice for crimes against humanity committed against a nation during its liberation. Its not playing politics instead it is just the right thing to do.
We don't know who has what level of personal devotion...we all have our own vices and battle our own demons.

At any rate, I never said they aren't playing politics. Everyone is playing the same game. Shob aak.

I can admit all of what you have said, but if you don't similarly admit that hurting women, and injuring policemen, damaging property and picking on minorities is monopolized by ALL major political parties in Bangladesh (and all other 3rd world nations), then it does no good.

That being said, there is nothing within "secularism" that should exclude a law that metes out fines and/or jail terms for people who denigrate a majority or minority religion. Key word, denigrate as opposed to saying "I don't believe ____". Even a decent criticism of religion should be allowed. Key word being decent.

But "nastiks" are quite against legislation that would criminalize such denigration of religion.

Personally, I wouldn't trust Hefazat-Jamaat, BNP, or AL with any so called "blasphemy law" because it would merely be used to muzzle political opponents. So in specific case of Bangladesh, I'm actually against a "blasphemy law". But in theory its just a ban on hate speech.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 8, 2013, 10:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

If any of you tasted the sweetness, and peacefulness of Madinah, You would love to see Islamic Law not just in government, but in the everyday lives of people, living examples of Prophet Mohammad SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam.

Which law is Greater? Allah or the law of Man? We Say Allahu Akbar every single day even those Muslims who attempt to pray daily salat at least once a day or even once a week or even once a year or even once in their lifetime has said ALLAHU AKBAR: Allah is the Greatest the greatest, the greater Greatest! Do we really mean it when we say it in prayer in front of our Lord? Does Allah not understand our needs? Why Do we Put the Intellect of Man over Allah?By Allah, I have committed many sins knowingly but I cannot choose the path of hypocricy. I Choose not to be a hypocrite in front of Allah.

Want to learn about Qur'an? Want to Learn about what Shariah is all about? here:

http://www.bayyinah.tv/sp/9942-bayyinah-tv

For the record, Islam came down to PROTECT people's rights and values and right to choose between right and wrong, as Allah says in Qur'an:

Quote:
Sahih International
And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.
Surah Ambiya, Ayah 107 (Chapter 21, Verse 107)
Old April 8, 2013, 10:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Those people who want to access bayyinah.tv for free, please send me your email address, in sha Allah i can hook you up
Old April 8, 2013, 10:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

oh Rifat, what have you done?
Old April 8, 2013, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

&

http://www.irtiqa-blog.com/2013/04/c....html?spref=tw
Old April 8, 2013, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
If any of you tasted the sweetness, and peacefulness of Madinah, You would love to see Islamic Law not just in government, but in the everyday lives of people, living examples of Prophet Mohammad SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam.

Which law is Greater? Allah or the law of Man? We Say Allahu Akbar every single day even those Muslims who attempt to pray daily salat at least once a day or even once a week or even once a year or even once in their lifetime has said ALLAHU AKBAR: Allah is the Greatest the greatest, the greater Greatest! Do we really mean it when we say it in prayer in front of our Lord? Does Allah not understand our needs? Why Do we Put the Intellect of Man over Allah?By Allah, I have committed many sins knowingly but I cannot choose the path of hypocricy. I Choose not to be a hypocrite in front of Allah.

Want to learn about Qur'an? Want to Learn about what Shariah is all about? here:

For the record, Islam came down to PROTECT people's rights and values and right to choose between right and wrong, as Allah says in Qur'an:

Brother, Islamic laws are all good and better than man-made laws. But its just that many people, myself included, are worried about the people who will implement such laws. In Saudi Arabia they claim to follow Shariah but the amount of hypocrisy, injustice and zulm over poor people that takes place in name of Islam is enough to turn someone uninformed about Islam away from it altogether. You have had similar episodes of Shariah in Afghanistan, Mauritania, Somalia and FATA, none of them anything to write about.

And you may even have a situation where opposing hypocrisy in name of Islam will be interpreted as opposing Allah swt Himself.

Some people dont want Islamic laws because they dislike Islam, others dont want them because they are concerned about being stuck with a grossly imperfect application of Islamic laws
Old April 8, 2013, 11:58 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib,Viru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

What will be the punishent in a gang rape case under sharia law and who will give the vrdict?
Old April 9, 2013, 01:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Brother, Islamic laws are all good and better than man-made laws. But its just that many people, myself included, are worried about the people who will implement such laws. In Saudi Arabia they claim to follow Shariah but the amount of hypocrisy, injustice and zulm over poor people that takes place in name of Islam is enough to turn someone uninformed about Islam away from it altogether. You have had similar episodes of Shariah in Afghanistan, Mauritania, Somalia and FATA, none of them anything to write about.

And you may even have a situation where opposing hypocrisy in name of Islam will be interpreted as opposing Allah swt Himself.

Some people dont want Islamic laws because they dislike Islam, others dont want them because they are concerned about being stuck with a grossly imperfect application of Islamic laws

I agree with your assessment 100%
Old April 9, 2013, 03:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
What this shapla chottor and jono shomudro makes 1 thing clear
- There is a vast amount of people unhappy and fundamental to the nation

hence
- The Government - whoever it may be MUST alleviate the situation of the common man. It is time to narrow the gap of the super-rich and the poor in Bangladesh.
- It is time to tackle corruption and ensure that the common man have their necessities fulfilled.
- It is time to listen to the suffering of all.

Or else - a revolution will take place - which if designed after the Original Long March may not be a bad thing to jolt Bangladesh into productivity and progress.

Forget about Islamic Revolution - Bangladesh needs a meritocracy revolution
Good to see that you have realized; one problem can't be addressed in isolation, people have their own priorities and a people's movement needs to be inclusive. Inclusion of fair governance/ Corruption issue would have sealed it for majority. Shahbag would have been a more inclusive movement than as it looks now a pure Awami movement.

The Locked Shahbag thread OP was with this feelings in mind that you just expressed in above post.

I'm sure, there are many in those HeI long March, who will support a punishment for War crimes, but they have burning issues of their lively hood and anti AL sentiment, which has been successfully tapped by HeI... They couldn't have done it.

Whether Shahbag tried to get govt fav so they tried to fit into AL acceptability or AL staged Shahbag to get political advantage. Kotha/Both at the end is same ... A movement can't be successful & be supported by people, if it's under the government's shelter.

Anyway... What we think hardly matters... Right or wrong, everything has a natural outcome on merit and it can be delayed but can't be denied.... And then we will see what's the new point of no return. Then we can basically do nothing.

Countries like Afghanistan, Somalia & Iran etc who were much more politically secular than we have ever been...have landed in extremists hand, because, they over did it. We must understand that in a country with 90% Muslims, how far we can go with western concepts of secularism & the need for it's modifications to suit the religious sentiments; rather than trying to change the religion to adjust with secularism. Everyone wants to learn by doing their mistake; that's arrogance or lack of understanding your own religion.
Old April 9, 2013, 03:54 AM
Banned

I was watching the event live on tv and saw a lot of flags in Shapla Chottor. Just Saying.
Old April 9, 2013, 04:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
I was watching the event live on tv and saw a lot of flags in Shapla Chottor. Just Saying.
I wont say a lot, but yep there was. Then you should also see those thousands of hands in rage grabed there own shoes (mostly rubber thongs) up in hands in a speech recons these Atheists needs some treatments with shoe-bashing.
Old April 9, 2013, 07:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

স্লোগানের বিবর্তন

Old April 9, 2013, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Brother, Islamic laws are all good and better than man-made laws. But its just that many people, myself included, are worried about the people who will implement such laws. s
You are right, the people who are suppose to implement the law may not be as pious as they should be.

But i don't get one thing, suppose a man does robbery or damage public property, why he should be jailed? he is further more eating up public money and resources while staying in jail, rather he should be given some serious back slash in front of the public with his name and photo publish all over and set him free. There is no reason hanging up the issue. off topic but just a thought..
Old April 9, 2013, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
^^

You are right, the people who are suppose to implement the law may not be as pious as they should be.

But i don't get one thing, suppose a man does robbery or damage public property, why he should be jailed? he is further more eating up public money and resources while staying in jail, rather he should be given some serious back slash in front of the public with his name and photo publish all over and set him free. There is no reason hanging up the issue. off topic but just a thought..
There is a humane way of punishing people and than there is also a barbaric way.......
Old April 9, 2013, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Now it’s nice to see that they raised our national flag in their procession. At least they are acknowledging the presence of Bangladesh, showing solidarity with its independence and symbolizing the importance of flag in a mass gathering like this. That’s why the presence of Bangladeshi flag in a religious gathering which was filled with Islamic fundamentalists shouldn’t be ignored by any stretch of imagination. Though if someone from the minor religion had designed it who knows what sort of stupid action they would have taken.
Old April 9, 2013, 09:00 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I like the imperfect man made laws that govern our country. Somehow i couldn't fall in love with the sweetness behind chopping hands off, lashings etc.
Old April 9, 2013, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
^^

Ya ya, why should we stop there, the process should continue. We should cut his hands, put pencil in his eyes or may be fry him in a huge saucepan. Probably a particular stadium is also needed and maybe we will become rich by selling tickets of such nice events.

Today we will cut the hands of moti. Please come and join us.
Ticket price-VIP lounge: 2000tk, gallery:300tk
Old April 9, 2013, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
স্লোগানের বিবর্তন

দিলেন তো আমার ফেইসবুক পোস্ট থেইকা মাইরা
Old April 9, 2013, 09:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
দিলেন তো আমার ফেইসবুক পোস্ট থেইকা মাইরা
doya kore amar profile e jaye dekhe ashen ami kokhon share marchi, ar apni kokhon ! burqa kincho ? beshi kotha koiyo na, H-E-I e kintu amar uncle ase !
Old April 9, 2013, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by naimul_hd
doya kore amar profile e jaye dekhe ashen ami kokhon share marchi, ar apni kokhon ! Burqa kincho ? Beshi kotha koiyo na, h-e-i e kintu amar uncle ase !
ইসস কথায় আসেনা "চোরের মায়ের বড় গলা" আর এইসব ভয়-ডর গিয়া অন্য কারো-রে দেখায়েন! কামে লাগতেও পারে যদি লাইগ্গা যায়