facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 15, 2005, 11:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Default We want a message from BCB, why they are still silent for recruiting a Foreign Specialized Bowling Coach for Bangladesh Cricket Team?

Yes,
I saw one letter from a News Reader to Daily Ittefaq just after the ICC Championship was Over in Malaysia, and Bangladesh Cricket Team discovered a new chapter of the country's sports history for long time after it's independence.
The letter in the 'Readers Letter Column' was written in the title of 'Dream'!! The gentleman was a student of a Private University described to get a 'permanent field/stadium for the cricket player as his dream', where he wrote, in his life he want to see a 'Bangla Sachin, or Lara' at the National Cricket Stadium! A tag-of-war in between football & cricket been seen a real threat for country's rising sport, cricket at that time, we remember the days when Players were protesting in front of National Press Club for practice to National Stadium (Bangabandhu Stadium)! It is good to see, to day we have 2/3 parmanent cricket field/stadium in Dhaka, ongoing mirpur, Naryanganj, Chittagong, Bogra!!
We have invested many things for today's Cricket, but the result is not so satisfactory!! But, still, cricket of Bangladesh has given much to the citizen, and we are proud of that!
Now, let the new 'dream' to be sketched, we need one from 'Wasim Akram, Imran Khan, Waqar, Kapil Dev, Ravi Shastri, Maninder Singh, Ian Botham, Michael Holding, Cortney Walsh, Patrick Paterson, Alan Donald, Merve Huges, Glenn McGrath, Richard Hadley, Muthaia Muralitharan or Shane Warne'.
No matter, how and to whom we loose, the strategy of BCB (Bangladesh Cricket Board) must be open to discover a Bowler to get maximum benefit from one match! We need another Mashrafe, or more than that!
Otherwise, we will see much more negative comments from many commentators criticising Bangladesh Cricket in future! Problem is there, and it is identified, now, we need a best name from the Cricket World to guide Bangladesh Cricket to establish a face in bowling!! We have seen Ashraful, Aftab, Nafees Iqbal, Shahreer Nafees and we want to see atleast 5 new faces in bowing department before the coming World Cup 2007 who will be capable of destroying the oponent batting depth!!!
We have seen how & what kind of damage can cause Ashraful, Aftab, Nafees!! Now, it's time to see, the worst time of Real Sachin, Dravid, Lara, Ponting, Trescothik, Inzamam, Jayasuriya, Fleeming!
We need to see a fresh letter from another Bangladesh Cricket Fan in 'Daily Ittefaq' so that BCB recruit one another DAV W'More (Michael Holding, Wasim Akram, Ian Botham - Prince Bhai may be assistant to them) for next World Cup 2007 for the Bowling Department!!
The demand is from all the Bangladesh Cricket Lovers.
Greetings & well wishes to DAV W'More, we want him to stay as permanently in Bangladesh, in that process, we need to issue him Bangladeshi Passport like we did to Sir Gordon Grinidz! We request Dav W'More to shift his residence from Colombo to Dhaka!! We love you SIR! Never go away!

Good Wishes to Bangladesh Cricket A Team to England, and National Team to Sri Lanka in September!

Edited on, July 15, 2005, 5:21 PM GMT, by sleeping_giant.
Reason: add

Old July 15, 2005, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Why do we need 5 new bowling faces. We need a coach yes but not new 5 new bowling faces. Our bowling is young iwth the exception of Rafique and a bowling coach would make them better.
Old July 15, 2005, 02:18 PM
Test Cricketer

i agree with ya sleeping gaint..

we surely need many new faces in bowling specially pace.

Spin - we have not probz as in ODI we can have rana & rafique and in test enam and rafigue again...

We need more pacers like Mash. I wonder how much more time will it take for us to find some1 like Mash. I was happy like many who thought Shahadat would give Mash a good support but alas his bowling's nuthing special as he just cant even swing atleast like Tapashm 4get Mash..may be rajib has a raw pace but i wonder if he can swing and bowl similar to Mash....
Old July 15, 2005, 07:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

BCB should make a master plan about this. We could never be a better crickiting nation without qualified pacer. I do believe that it is really expensive to have another bawling coach. But at the same time I believe if BCB take the initiative there will be no problem for sponsor. So BCB should active without wasting time becaz there are someother new cricket nations are coming and they may over take us.
Old July 16, 2005, 01:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Howbout our batting ? Just remember the way we batted in first 2 tests at England . We need to work on both , batting and bowling ........ otherwise we have big problem in future .
Old July 16, 2005, 02:06 AM
Street Cricketer

I don't think we can do much about the pace our bowlers can generate.

Mashrafe these days aveagre 80 miles per hour in test matches and that's almost Mcgrath's pace.

With Mashrafe's pace if the ball is not new, he will be smashed all over the park if Afridi or Peterson bats.

Anyway bangladeshi cricketer's are well built athletes by any means. I don't think someone being 6 ft 2 or more will add extra pace. Shoaib and specially Sami are both very quick but they are shorter than Mashrafe.

I mean Sami looks like a slim bangladeshi more than a paki but unfortuantely we don't have anyone with the pace or firepower of Sami.

India, Srilanka both struggled to find extra yard of pace.
Malinga's action is not ideal so we can forget about him.

Zaheer Khan is probably the fastest they had when he was fit. Brett Lee and Shoaib both had suspect action and Sami has the most legitimate action and he clocked 156 km/h.

We can work on Rajib and if he can 2 balls over 140 km/h every over and average 138 km/h that won't be too bad. We need to give him ODI exposure and then he can try to play test matches. There is no point having some old Sujon playing when we have our fastest bowler warming the side bench.
Old July 16, 2005, 05:45 AM
Test Cricketer

I agree with ya amirkhan in regard to Rajib...but is all pace gonna be everything for him???

I think if he swing the ball and bit both ways...the he surely will be a gr8 bowler like Lee

Lee has speed plus good line length whn he is in form while shoaib aint that gud comp to lee in line and length.

Rajib as everybody says can bowl avg in 140km but cant swing much in both the ways...

If and only if Rajib can swing both the ways, it will be truely a gr8 news for BD cricket as we desprately need some one who is fast and can swing both the ways too...
Old July 17, 2005, 12:46 PM
Club Cricketer

Default batting strategy in 1st ODI in SL

Quote:
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
Howbout our batting ?
can we try in 1st ODI in SL as Rafique Bhai + Shahriar Nafees as opening, then if wicket fallen within first 5 overs
then Javed Belim, if 1st wick fallen around 10 overs then, try with Aftab Ahmed, otherwise Javed Belim can be shifted when we need to slow the running procedure, then pls consider Javed Belim to come next to Ashraful or before Ashraful, as far I understand, Javed knows how to bat till the 45th over even more in TEST, and can be shifted to any position if there is a demand to keep the wicket intact, otherwise, Javed Belim can not be allowed to play 50 over all alone, and I am sure nobody loves to listen 'yes we batted 50 overs'............ we have played 100 ODI in this time, and everybody know we can bat till 50 overs, and in SL the strategy in batting should be over 300 runs and it is not applicaple for us to allow such statement any more that we can bat till 50 over............ Belim is suitable for slow motion pictures, and he can be a good player if we feel the strategy should be batting slowly in any situation.........
If the wicket is there and not fallen, Ashraful can be number 4th,, whatever he scores, he needs at least 35 overs to try for batting, and god knows the way he batted against England (50 by 21 balls), if he gets 35 overs to bat, there is enough chance for him to have another 'world record' as for maximum runs in a ODI........... keep intact number 4 to Ashraful, otherwise Javed Belim can be number 4 before Ashraful, and I want Bashar as number 6 for atleast one 4 in a over for atleast next 10 overs.......... whatever the team's situation is........... he loves 'hook' and he should try with 'magical fashion'............
Khaled Mashud can be perfectly okay as number 7, and next man should be Mashrafe for faster action........
Chacha is good for 2 boundaries in a over at least.......REMEMBER CHACHA NO SIX THIS TIME, PLS DO NOT DIE AT YOUR OLD AGE AT LONG LEGG OR LONG OFF......... smash the ball with ground, you are not so quick in batting like Aftab and Ashraful, OKAY???????
Manjarul Rana is okay with 1 sixer after each 3 balls he faced.... and "Tapash wait for a good ball for a SIX"..............
I want the strategy in 1st ODI in SL should be for maximum runs, and over 300............. and Rafique+Shahriar Nafees in opening, and Aftab, Ashraful, Bashar, Masud can be perfectly allright for first 10 overs and next 5 overs + 5 overs (as per new rules) again, 12 SUBSTITUTE can be Nafees Iqbal Always, try to give him chance so that he never forget to BAT....... he is the best next one to fill up any blank within first 7.............. And, Nafees Iqbal with Shahriar is a must in Test, remember it??
How can it works???
Old July 19, 2005, 01:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Finally BCB listens to Sleeping_Giant's request.

"After a marathon meeting in the absence of BCB president Ali Asghar, the advisors also decided to approach bowling coaches to assist the national team bowlers in preparation for the tour of Sri Lanka.

It was learnt that the Board has already contacted former West Indian great Andy Roberts and ex-Australian bowler Damien Fleming."

daily Star
Old July 19, 2005, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

That is great news. Andy Roberts gave us Masri last time, I am sure he will give us more this time.

Lets hope he takes this job.
Old July 19, 2005, 03:49 PM
Test Cricketer

how was damien flemming on his days?

wht kinda bowler is he...

is he good enough for our guys...

I think they should ;ve called wasim akram...

Roberts okay...
Old July 19, 2005, 03:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Could some give me some details on Flemming...plzzzzzzz....
Old July 21, 2005, 07:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Finally BCB listens to Sleeping_Giant's request.

"After a marathon meeting in the absence of BCB president Ali Asghar, the advisors also decided to approach bowling coaches to assist the national team bowlers in preparation for the tour of Sri Lanka.

It was learnt that the Board has already contacted former West Indian great Andy Roberts and ex-Australian bowler Damien Fleming."

daily Star
I guess, BCB should appoint both the giants as a permanent coach, we need to have these heroes not for the National Team, but also for the any school or club level boys............. BCB should take this arrangement, so that a fast bowler from my home district Rajshahi can take some bowing lesson in the practice field, and if the arrangement of having a fast bowling coach is permanent and there is a open access to have lesson from him/them, then I believe sooner or later, we will have the same quality bowler that Mr. Boycott's country have!!
Old July 21, 2005, 04:34 PM
BC Editorial Team

While I diagree with most of SG's assertions, someone asked for info on Fleming. In his pomp, Fleming was, after Akram the most effective fast-swing man of his time. He actually wasn anathema that way, kinda like Alderman, in that he was not a hit the deck kinda guy even tho in one Aus-Pak series he was the fastest bowler. Sadly injuries robbed him of his best years and he retired prematurely.

I think he could give our bowlers a decent tip or two on how to imitate Vaas
Old July 21, 2005, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Akram is not joining any team in the subcontinent other than his own country as a perm coach. Consultant maybe....
world class coaches are providing us results already. but we dont have any specialized coaches. We need that. It seems from a recent interview Andy Robets is available. Hopefully he will join the squad. I am abit surprised that our whole coaching/trainer team is from Australia... having a different member will add a new dimension in strategies.
Old July 21, 2005, 11:52 PM
Test Cricketer

according to 'Dainik Bhaskar' , Indian Hindi News paper, Bangladesh is planning to appoint waqar younis as their bowing coach. i dont remember their source of news.
Old July 22, 2005, 12:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by vv_sunil
according to 'Dainik Bhaskar' , Indian Hindi News paper, Bangladesh is planning to appoint waqar younis as their bowing coach. i dont remember their source of news.
Thanks for the information. I do not know how authentic the information is, if this is collected from Pakistan then it has some value, otherwise, if it is from BCB, then allways Indian Media focus cricketing news of BCB after few times, when it is almost like EXPIRED & "BASEE".
Basically, we need to block WI, Andy and a former fast swing (@) bowler. We need to learn how to thro the ball towards both the way IN and OUT, and late reverse swing (@) and as far as Waqar Yunis or any Sub Continent Bowling Coach is concerned, can not bring a good result for us, as most of the fast pitches around world, they sometimes SUFFERED & HAMMERED much from opponent batting!! We do not need any former speed master, but a swing (@) fast bowing coach. Hiring a bowling coach from England, SA, Australia can serve the purposes.

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 5:56 AM GMT, by sleeping_giant.
Old July 22, 2005, 02:34 AM
Test Cricketer

I read that in "Bangladesher Khela" BCB is on hunt to find a bowling coach now .