facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 29, 2010, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Cheating = Big Money!

Below my comment is a very disturbing and discusting news. Pakistan might be the one who got caught with their hands in the cookie jar this time but what about our players? I mean our players don't get payed much either. Shakib once openly admited that he was approched by one like Mr. Majeed which he refused. This raises concerns in my mind. I mean if this guy knows so many players/stars/etc he probably have access to almost all the country players in the cricketing world. People would pay other teams/players to loose with us with welcoming hand because it will bring them BIG money since we kinda "SUCK"(let's be honest here). It can even go vise versa. All in all, no match is being played fairly if things like this are happening (assuming most test playing nations are involved)...

What do you guys think about all this?
P.S the thread was opened to talk about how Bangladesh cricket is going to be affected by this kind of situation, not pakistan cricket.
.................................................. ...........................................
**Update** ---> actual footage on how this money scandale works -_-' ... wow that's a lot of bills
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...stan-Test.html

Source
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...sie-match.html

<<
Match-rigger boasts of syndicate's shady fortune

'We made £830k when Pakistan collapsed in the Aussie match'

CRICKET rigger Mazhar Majeed boasted that cheating in the sport is rife, with one controversial Test this year netting a shady betting syndicate more than £830,000.

His revelation that fixes go on in all forms of the game - Tests, One Dayers and Twenty20 - will horrify millions around the world who follow the sport.

And they will force cricket authorities to confront, once and for all, the match-fixing rumours that have dogged the noble game for years.

High on their list of investigations will be the Second Test between Australia and Pakistan in Sydney last January.

At the start of the fifth and final day Pakistan were in a supremely dominant position... but managed to lose dramatically.

Australia led by a mere 49 runs with just two wickets of their second innings remaining and with only one recognised batsman left.

In extraordinary scenes, Australia's last two batting partnerships managed 124 runs. That set Pakistan the relatively easy target of 176 runs to win. But they were bowled out for just 139 and lost.

There were widespread accusations of cheating at the time.

DOUBTS: Keeper Akmal dropped four catches
Pakistani coaches raised doubts about wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal, who dropped four catches and missed an easy run-out.

Three of the dropped catches were off the bat of Michael Hussey, who went on to score 134 not out.

But today we provide evidence from vile Majeed's own mouth.

To the astonishment of our undercover team, he provided detail of how the test WAS rigged and how crooked gamblers pocketed 1.3million dollars (£837,000) from it.

The part-time Muslim TV channel presenter opened up during a meeting in our car outside the Bombay Brasserie restaurant in Gloucester Road, west London, on August 18.

Explaining the scam he said: "Let me tell you the last test we did. It was the Second Test against Australia in Sydney. Australia had two more wickets left. They had a lead of ten runs, yeah. And Pakistan had all their wickets remaining.

"The odds for Pakistan to lose that match, for Australia to win that match, were I think 40-1. We let them get up to 150 then everyone lost their wickets. That one we made 1.3. But that's what I mean, you can get up to a million. Tests is where the biggest money is because those situations arise."

Majeed then continued to detail how he runs his slick operation.

Reporter: "Do we get information like there will be three no-balls in the third over?"

Majeed: "Of course, everything. And you get the indication to show if it's on or not. They'll change gloves at a certain point."

Reporter: "You will be relaying it."

Majeed: "Yeah, it all comes through me. We don't do results that often. The last one we did was against Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup which was about two months ago. And you get a script as well."

Reporter: "What does that mean, a script?"

Majeed: "This bowler is going to concede this many runs, this batsman will do this."

The spoils of Majeed's sordid trade have brought him a life of luxury in which he mixes with superstars of film, TV and sport. At the August 18 meeting, he boasted how he was involved in movies and name-dropped stars.

He claimed: "Our production company used to do all the generic TV adverts for Showtime Arabia. Showtime is the largest TV network in the world. We made a film in 2006 called Paradise Now which won an Oscar and Golden Globe. Went down really well."

During an earlier meeting at London's Hilton Park Lane, the slippery crook even name-dropped celebs he could invite to a launch party for our investigator's "business venture". Majeed boasted: "I know a lot of footballers and I know a lot of English actors as well."

He then added that he knew one of the most famous Hollywood actors "very well." The News of the World is not naming him but he is a global superstar.

CHEAT'S SPOILS: Majeed's £1.8m Surrey mansion
Majeed also bragged of knowing one of the world's top tennis players and claimed he had arranged for Salman Butt to be in pictures with pop stars and a world famous US rapper. It was during the Bombay Brasserie meeting that he revealed the Oval test being played at the time against England was fixed.

He said: "England, there's brackets. Like tomorrow (August 19) there is no bracket because the Indian market is not open. The third day (August 20) there's brackets.

"I give out the information the night before or morning. What's going to happen at the end of the fourth day. But we now are not going to do any results for the next two games because we want Salman Butt to be captain long term." Then he outlined the prices bookies pay him for his information.

"The results, like brackets, we charge anything between £50,000 and £80,000 pounds per bracket.

"And for results, Twenty20 is about £400,000. No-balls is easy. No-balls, you know, there's not that much money anyway, we know that.

"You can make a bet if you wanted no-balls you could probably get up to £10,000 each, yeah. That's simple.

"But in terms of results, depending on who we are playing, sometimes it can be £300,000. The max it can be is £450,000. You can speak to any bookie in India and they will tell you about this information and how much they'll pay. If you had the information and they knew that it was coming from the source they'd pay you that money themselves."

He said his prices were justified because he had to bribe senior players. Majeed explained: "If you've got six players, they're taking such a big risk, yeah."

In an earlier meeting, he had told of the players' desire to get in on match-fixing. "They will be up for it. I told you they will be up for making money. They need to make money." His name-dropping and endless bragging was interrupted by phone calls from Pakistan captain Butt and keeper Akmal. But two-faced Majeed wasted no time in having a go about his own players.

He said: "You'll find there's only a few players who are genuine and who are actually here for the love of the game and there's not many believe me. A lot of them are just looking for money, women and food.

"They make money and they need to make money. The problem is if they don't then they're not going to have enough money for the rest of their lives. In cricket there's not enough money.

"How much they're getting paid is a joke. I came from a football background and I can see the difference in football and cricket. It's huge."

Majeed, who runs a property company with a multi-million pound portfolio called Bluesky Developments, also admitted being party to ball tampering, another cheating ruse that has blighted cricket.

He shamlessly claimed: "I used to go out on the pitch to give the players their drinks. Whenever we couldn't get a wicket I'd have a lump of Vaseline on my hand. Shake their hand. They'd put it on one side of the ball and the ball would suddenly start in-swinging."

Today, after our astonishing revelations, Majeed's tampering with cricket has finally come to an end. >>>

Last edited by godzilla; August 29, 2010 at 01:30 AM..

Old August 29, 2010, 12:58 AM
Banned

god forbid we are ever involved in such immoral acts.
Old August 29, 2010, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

fter reading this[and the cricinfo articles], I have lost will to watch any cricket games. It's a shame for international cricket that we still have not eradicated match[spot] fixing.
If I am to watch a sport that is fixed and staged, I would rather watch WWE or High school musical. Any international game not involving Bangladesh will not be able to attract me anymore.
Old August 29, 2010, 01:52 AM

"Muslim TV presenter". smh.
Old August 29, 2010, 01:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

We are not yet that attractive targets. Let us get settled in the test areana, a few cases here and there, will always happen. No country has been out of it, cae ught or not.

Of course Pak is like, that's their only aim of playing cricket. What else can you expect from such a corrupt & indisciplined cricket board. BCb is ill organized, but not to that extent yet. When the Board is corrupt an un professional, what you can expect from the players.

Last edited by BANFAN; August 29, 2010 at 02:55 AM..
Old August 29, 2010, 02:15 AM
Cricket Sage

It may also be complete lie. If that guy, 'Majeed' was genuinely earning money by doing it, why he would destroy his business by saying all these to a reporter voluntarily? Crazy... stuff to believe
Old August 29, 2010, 02:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
It may also be complete lie. If that guy, 'Majeed' was genuinely earning money by doing it, why he would destroy his business by saying all these to a reporter voluntarily? Crazy... stuff to believe
You completely missed the message, nothing new though.
Old August 29, 2010, 02:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Ok, so pakistani players been involved in match fixing.
Whats so shocking about it???
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 29, 2010, 02:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
He shamlessly claimed: "I used to go out on the pitch to give the players their drinks. Whenever we couldn't get a wicket I'd have a lump of Vaseline on my hand. Shake their hand. They'd put it on one side of the ball and the ball would suddenly start in-swinging.">>>
So thats how Pakistan stole the Multan test away from us? Vaseline! Now it make sense how come all of a suddent the ball started to swing so much after the lunch break and BD batting got folded dramatically in minutes! Some people are born cheaters.

I have a feeling some umpires are aslo involved in match fixing. Some of the outs they give or dont give are beyond imagination. Is Ashoka one of the superstars?
Old August 29, 2010, 02:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
So thats how Pakistan stole the Multan test away from us? Vaseline! Now it make sense how come all of a suddent the ball started to swing so much after the lunch break and BD batting got folded dramatically in minutes! Some people are born cheaters.

I have a feeling some umpires are aslo involved in match fixing. Some of the outs they give or dont give are beyond imagination. Is Ashoka one of the superstars?
I can't comment on the test match since I never witnessed it with my own eyes but for the umpires, why not? If players are considered as civilians and umpires are considered as cops in the cricket world, everything is possible. There are afterall corupt police man and surely corupt umpires exists aswell. Ashoka is most likely one -_-'...
Old August 29, 2010, 03:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
I'm also thinking its a lie. Lets wait and see what comes out of the investigation.
Old August 29, 2010, 03:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
You completely missed the message, nothing new though.
So what's the message?

You think it is so easy for a professional bookie to vomit out everything in details to an undercover journalist? Do you think the bookie thought he was ricky ponting?

There are many A$$holes who comeout to media and make such scams for fame. A professional will never do it this way. And the final msg of the Article says:

Quote:
Today, after our astonishing revelations, Majeed's tampering with cricket has finally come to an end. >>>
How can even that be guaranteed by a journalist? You think a media disclosing a criminal act, ends everything? I'm sure you are more intelligent than me, why don't you help me? better give the message you got instead of assessing my comments, nothing new though ...

And it may also be true, but can't conclude from this writeup/presentation, needs more evidence.
Old August 29, 2010, 03:03 AM
Banned

the reporter guy was undercover.
Old August 29, 2010, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
because he didn't know it was a reporter, he thought he was a guy who was going to invest thousands of $$$ in his betting syndicate and he was giving him a 'marketing pitch' of sorts. sting operations like this are very elaborate and reporters go to enormous lengths to create a believable identity.
don't forget he did predict the huge no-ball from aamer.

reyme, interesting point you make, I don't know if asoka is crooked but ICC should definitely look into umpires as well, I think this is something that has never been focused upon.
Old August 29, 2010, 04:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Some Indian and Pakistani bazighors are killing cricket. This worldcup is going to be a money making opportunity for Indian bazighors. Indian police need to stop these people immediately.
Old August 29, 2010, 04:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

chichichi,this is so shameful.i have very strong emotions for cricket but if it is so polluted...
Old August 29, 2010, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
Some Indian and Pakistani bazighors are killing cricket. This worldcup is going to be a money making opportunity for Indian bazighors. Indian police need to stop these people immediately.
the cricket betting syndicate is run by dubai, karachi and to a lesser extent mumbai underworld with agents in important locations like london, primarily because london has a big (legal) betting business. the satta bazars as it is called in India has come down a lot since their glory days of the 90's when mumbai and dubai were the twin capitals of betting and match fixing after the central police really went after them.
this is also the reason why BCCI was stopped by govt from playing at sharjah. right now the big movers (from what I know from media reports) are from dubai with smaller affliates in other countries like Ind, Eng and Pak. there are still independent smaller betting rackets in India but these are usually too small to indulge in fixing. unfortunately they tend to have smalltime politicians in their pocket so that police can't touch them.
Old August 29, 2010, 04:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
the cricket betting syndicate is run by dubai, karachi and to a lesser extent mumbai underworld with agents in important locations like london, primarily because london has a big (legal) betting business. the satta bazars as it is called in India has come down a lot since their glory days of the 90's when mumbai and dubai were the twin capitals of betting and match fixing after the central police really went after them.
this is also the reason why BCCI was stopped by govt from playing at sharjah. right now the big movers (from what I know from media reports) are from dubai with smaller affliates in other countries like Ind, Eng and Pak. there are still independent smaller betting rackets in India but these are usually too small to indulge in fixing. unfortunately they tend to have smalltime politicians in their pocket so that police can't touch them.
More agreeable and acceptable with the boldy one.
Old August 29, 2010, 05:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
because he didn't know it was a reporter, he thought he was a guy who was going to invest thousands of $$$ in his betting syndicate and he was giving him a 'marketing pitch' of sorts. sting operations like this are very elaborate and reporters go to enormous lengths to create a believable identity.
don't forget he did predict the huge no-ball from aamer.

reyme, interesting point you make, I don't know if asoka is crooked but ICC should definitely look into umpires as well, I think this is something that has never been focused upon.
I don't think a guy of his income (As the article says) & a ring master needs to go on retailing to every one, if that journalist could lure him (Bookie), he really needed to prove his ablity to invest. It is highly un realistic that the bookie will jump into convincing an unknown person like that, without checking his financial & related credibility for such business.

I don't like to assume the worst, although I have full confidence on the Pak players that they are capable of doing it. I'm not fully convinced with the entire setup of the story. There are quiet a few loose ends.
Old August 29, 2010, 06:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ME

people are starting to say its a scam as in all of this fixing story has been made up, to reduce the sympathy for the pakistan flood
Old August 29, 2010, 07:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Pakistan is a rotten nation, i strongly believe, this flood is a punishment from Almighty Allah for their ill deeds from current leaders and past miscreants !

ps: this is my personal view. Nobody is entitled to agree !
Old August 29, 2010, 07:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
In UK betting is legal so it doesnt threat as much as Indian illegal betting market. India is the biggest betting market for cricket by a large margin and the whole market is illegal which is very concerning. Even in this scandal Azhar Mazeed claimed his clients are Indian. Match fixing wont be stopped unless these people are stopped. Indian govt centrally should take some steps to stop this for a better worldcup.
Old August 29, 2010, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by asddsa
Pakistan is a rotten nation, i strongly believe, this flood is a punishment from Almighty Allah for their ill deeds from current leaders and past miscreants !

ps: this is my personal view. Nobody is entitled to agree !
Though I feel deeply for the victims, yeah, I think it's their Karma getting back at em.. And what's further shocking is these retards were playing for cheap bucks in Ramadan while the whole country was struck by a disaster.

Makes me puke, really.
Old August 29, 2010, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

http://sports.in.msn.com/cricket/art...mentid=3947687

Proud of our Shaks
Old August 29, 2010, 07:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Though I feel deeply for the victims, yeah, I think it's their Karma getting back at em.. And what's further shocking is these retards were playing for cheap bucks in Ramadan while the whole country was struck by a disaster.

Makes me puke, really.
exactly. Couldnt agree more !