facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 23, 2008, 11:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Default Strategies to create better NCL: all suggestions welcome

i was motivated to start this thread even before the second test "South Africa versus Bangladesh" began and only after reading another article bashing Bangladesh and it is always blamed on our First-Class infrastructure, lack of experience. a member suggested that BCB should withdraw Bangladesh from Test Cricket and focus on improving the First-Class Cricket in Bangladesh soil.

in fact, here is the link:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...d=1#post782839

what do you think? i think we should continue to play test Cricket as it is humiliating, though valuable experience for us, at the same time organize longer NCL's and away 'A' team tours where our domestic players will be more exposed to foreign conditions and they can expand on their cricket knowledge and experience. what do you think we can do as of now? and how do think it should be done?

Old November 24, 2008, 12:23 AM

Solutions:
1. Layoff BCB current administrations
2. Make bouncy pitch
3. Increase facilities for the players
4. Bring good foreign coach
5. Provide world class training
6. Make a good high performence and A team to make NCL more competetive
7. Send them Australia, SA, New Zealand etc. for training
8. Train our local umpires and bring foreign umpires to train
9. Increase financial supports for local umpires, organizers etc.
10. Appoint one of our BC Guru to overtake the cricket administration

Last edited by kalpurush; November 24, 2008 at 12:35 AM..
Old November 24, 2008, 12:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

first things first, most important thing imo is to provide the players with good facilities and coaching. not just at the national team level, NCL teams need good coaches and need good pitches and grounds to play on as well as having good doctors, physio's, trainers and nutritionists (maybe even sports pyschologists to help deal with the mental side of things on and off the field) around to help get their bodies to where they need to be and to improve or maintain that, other thing is to have gyms for all the players that can be easily accessed by the players. in fact the things i just mentioned should be provided for national teamers, A teamers, academy players, NCL players, and any youngsters around the age group national teams.

next would be things like having top quality umpiring, better facilities for 2nd XI NCL teams and academy teams (other than the national academy) and studying the opposition using tv footage or whatever avenues possible to do so but these are things that should be dealt with once the important things have been put in place, though the national team should already be doing these things so it should be just a matter of filtering what the national team is doing down through the levels as far as possible.

these are things that the BCB can put in place to help the players and coaches perform to their potential. still at the end of the day it comes down to the players, they have to learn how to take in all the advice from the doctors, trainers, nutritionists, physio's, coaches, sport pyschologists etc and they have to have the work ethic and motivation to work and succeed in this sport because if they can't do that then they'll probably always struggle to perform.

also the NCL teams should go on tours to other countries and play some decent quality FC sides.
Old November 24, 2008, 04:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Solutions:
1. Layoff BCB current administrations
2. Make bouncy pitch
3. Increase facilities for the players
4. Bring good foreign coach
5. Provide world class training
6. Make a good high performence and A team to make NCL more competetive
7. Send them Australia, SA, New Zealand etc. for training
8. Train our local umpires and bring foreign umpires to train
9. Increase financial supports for local umpires, organizers etc.
10. Appoint one of our BC Guru to overtake the cricket administration
...And from where do you propose we acquire the sheer amount of money required for all this?
Old November 24, 2008, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

In ideal situation, all NCL teams have 2nd XI and Under 19 teams. A league of 2nd XI will run parallel to the NCL (e.g., if Rajshahi plays Khulna at then Rajshahi Stadium then Khulna 2nd X1 will play Rajshahi 2nd XI at Khulna Stadium at the same time). This will create competition among players to get selected in NCL teams which is somehow missing right now I think.

BCB alone cannot run all these ... NCL teams should be independent to run cricket in their region... they need money!
Old November 24, 2008, 06:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_fan_bd
In ideal situation, all NCL teams have 2nd XI and Under 19 teams. A league of 2nd XI will run parallel to the NCL (e.g., if Rajshahi plays Khulna at then Rajshahi Stadium then Khulna 2nd X1 will play Rajshahi 2nd XI at Khulna Stadium at the same time). This will create competition among players to get selected in NCL teams which is somehow missing right now I think.

BCB alone cannot run all these ... NCL teams should be independent to run cricket in their region... they need money!
yep agree with this. BCB needs to get the ball rolling though imo otherwise it won't get done but yeah each NCL team/region needs it's own board and selection panel etc.
Old November 24, 2008, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
...And from where do you propose we acquire the sheer amount of money required for all this?
just what I was thinking.

i think one thing essential in making our NCL work is foreign players.

they don't have to be off the hook crazy players, but seek out players like Taibu, Rainsford, Utseya, Redmond, Elliot and all the ICL players (they must get bored during the off season). A move like this will expose our players to different players, cultures and playing styles, thus integrating them for internationals.
Old November 24, 2008, 07:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_fan_bd
in ideal situation, all ncl teams have 2nd xi and under 19 teams. A league of 2nd xi will run parallel to the ncl (e.g., if rajshahi plays khulna at then rajshahi stadium then khulna 2nd x1 will play rajshahi 2nd xi at khulna stadium at the same time). This will create competition among players to get selected in ncl teams which is somehow missing right now i think.

Bcb alone cannot run all these ... Ncl teams should be independent to run cricket in their region... They need money!
আপনার পরামর্শ খুব ভাল লাগল।

বিভাগীয় ক্রীকেট এসোসিয়েশন না করা ছাড়া উপায় নাই। বিভাগীয় এসোসিয়েশন গুলোর লোকাল ক্লাব লীগও থাকা দরকার। এসোসিয়েশন গুলোকে অটোনমি দিয়ে দিতে হবে।

তাদের নিজ নিজ স্টেডিয়াম তারা মেইন্টেইন করবে বিসিবির গ্রাউন্ডস কমিটি পুরা বিষয়টি সুপারভাইজ করতে পারে।
Old November 24, 2008, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Providing better grounds, training facilities, and coaching staff will obviously help a league to improve. However, I believe the main problem with NCL is that its structure is inherently flawed.

Payscale & Selection: Ram-Sham-Jodu-Modu all get same pay in NCL. Playing well in a season does not mean you will get a higher pay or offer from a better team next season. It's good enough to be a mediocre player to ensure you will get to play for your divisional side seasons after seasons and keep getting paid like everyone else.

Organization: Someone already mentioned we need autonomous regional sports bodies to create a competitive league. Unfortunately our regional sports bodies are too corrupt and inept to trust them to go autonomous.

Finance: Regional sports bodies can't generate revenues of their own or get sponsors, which also has do with lack of strong organization.

Talent Scouting: Divisional teams don't have their own scouts, they just pick players from Dhaka clubs and BKSP.

Team Integrity: Veterans like Akram and Bulbul accused that players in NCL play as individuals, not as teams. IMO, making the players play for two different teams (in NCL and in Dhaka league) hampers them from growing as teams.

Followers: There were reports that people of Rajshahi were cheering for Ashraful even when he was playing against their own team. NCL teams have no loyal fan base. Followers of NCL (including I) follow the league to see how their favorite players are doing, and care very little about any particular team.

IMO, the way forward for FC cricket in Bangladesh is not NCL, but to create a FC league involving top Dhaka clubs i.e. something like proposed CCDM cup. Dhaka clubs are the only strong autonomous sports bodies in Bangladesh who I believe can support professional FC teams on their own. Dhaka clubs are corrupt too, still much more efficient than regional sports bodies are.
Old November 24, 2008, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

1. Cut down NCL teams. Make it 4 (the old divisions).
2. Instead of present two rounds of matches make it four rounds
3. Make at least two homes for each NCL team with different pitch characteristics
4. Ensure every division run their own district leagues (May be two tier with relegation and promotion)
5. Ensure there is A team and U23 teams for the division and parallel league run (with no first class status of these leagues)
6. Lessen dependency on U19 team; Instead run a school league
7. Let the divisional body have their own commercial wing to attract local sponsor. For example Square being from enterprenure from Pabna could sponsor Rajshahi divisional team
Old November 24, 2008, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

we should do what India is doing,IPL and ICL.It has a lot of players from other countries and the domestic players gets to play them.Simplify..
1.Make a BPL (Bangladesh Primier League).
2.Bring other players from other countrie to play for our domestic teams.

This will give our domestic players a chance to face tough players without being in the national team and when they get in the national team,they will already have some experience of the tough foreign players.
Old November 24, 2008, 10:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
i want to know where that 60 million u.s. went? the money bcb got from the nimbus deal? i know our a-team, academy, u-19, u-17 teams are travelling a bit, but still it's a decent chunk of money even in this market to think that they spend it all on sending the boys around to play and the national coaches compensation....i want to know how we got it (if it was in installment) where(what bank and why) it's kept as investment, what is it being used for, why aren't we still making/applying the sporty pitches, COM'ON for hell's sake! what happened to the planning of executing more gyms divisional level and whatever happened to the concept for sylhet int'l cricket stadium?
i demand to know...right now...
Old November 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
b_K bhai to dekhi kan kata ramjaan- er chaiteo khepse....

Last edited by Zeeshan; November 24, 2008 at 02:25 PM..
Old November 24, 2008, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

-One of the first things the new board should do is to cut down the teams from 6 to 4. Merge Sylhet and Chittagong together and do the same with Khulna and Barisal. Sylhet and Barisal are NOT good enough to field a decent XI of their own. This will ensure the cream of the crop play the top domestic tournament in the country. This will also reduce the expenditure and make it possible to spend more money on facilities.

-Now if they do the above the main concern would be the no. of matches being played. My solution is that NCL should ditch the One-Day matches and just focus on 4-day matches (Premier league should be for OD and T20 matches). And I also propose that two seasons are played a year so at the end each division is playing 12 FC matches a year.

-Each team should have a first squad, an A squad, B squad and an U-19 squad. This will ensure more people can play proffesional cricket and slim down the chances of missing a talent. The first team and the A team should get the use of the best pitch and the best facilities while the lower teams get alternatives.

-BCB should slowly decentralise the tournament so that each dvision have their own board and can make their decisions. They should do the talent scouting and organise district tournaments in their divisions.

-Have four different types of pitches: 2 batting pitches, a pacing pitch and a spinning pitch.

-BCB should make it more of a performance based payment method. Players should still have seasonal contracts but the real money should be earnt by performance. ie healthily rewarded for taking wickets, catches and scoring 50s and 100s

-In each game have a foreign umpire standing with a local umpire.

-Make knowledgeable personalities like Bulbul, Nannu, Pilot, Gani, Dipu, Shujon coaches of the teams instead of any Tom, Dick and Harry.

-Unban the ICL players.

To finance all this I suggest BCB promotes this tournament through the media by getting top players in adverts. They should also open a charity so that people can donate for the improvement of domestic cricket. I know thousands of people who would be more than happy to help their team. Try and get sponsors. Try and sell the TV rights. I don't there they can go and beg but we have to something about this dire situation.

Last edited by bdchamp20; November 24, 2008 at 12:54 PM..
Old November 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=27697
Created by Warwolf couple of months back.

Marketing strategy concerns:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=27550

Another thread were have lots of posts concerning BCB strategy: Warwolf and others
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...reply&p=684751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1st, Thank you for opening a thread like this. I was going to do that myself and pondered all weekend long on few things. You just made my job way easy.

Since dropping x and dropping y is not the answer and members here have more understanding on the players ability, I will focus on somewhere else.

BCB:
The ultimate blame goes to the CEO or to the board of members for any failure (for any organization). You are also accountable. Ranting to improve domestic cricket and looking at the factual information is a failure in the making.

1. Things to ponder:
a) Home court: Currently in National league, Barisal plays their home matches in Bogura, Sylhet plays in Fatullah. You expect people of bogura to support Barisal when there is a match against Rajshahi? What home court advantage does the these two teams enjoy? How are you going to get the crowd invloved? Who is going to watch the four day matches? Let those two teams have their own divisional stadium and improve domestic infra structure.

b) Academy team: Either Fatullah or Bogura can be their permanent home. The facilities are there. Some minor adjustment can be made. Go away from BKSP and Dhanmondi. Those can be used for other purposes.

c) Increase standard of Domestic Cricket: Well if the national players stays out of the domestic cricket (National league) then I suggest add an experienced international player or two (from other countries) in the national league teams.

d) Decentralise Cricket: Each division needs to have their own committee, facility and freedom on getting the players. May be a draft system can be implemented. They need to have their own financial independancy. Get your trusted people, train them and appoint them to different divisions. I am sure there more than six honest person in BCB who can devote their time for their respective divisions (Full-time positions).

e) Number of games: Increase the number of games in National league. May be divide the six teams in two conference. May be they play among the conference more number of matches. And then at the end Finals are played out among each conference teams. This how you create rivalry.

f) Asking help: Australia, NZ, SA, England even in WI; communicate with boards/clubs and if necessary beg to get two players in their teams for one year. May be out of five three would accept. That is total of six players getting valuable experience that they can bring back to the local leagues. Get your egos out of the window. No one will help unless we help ourselves. Be humble and get things done.

How much good can Dollar, Rubel, Shubhashish, Kayes, Sadat be if they get the opportunity. Do not recruit them in the national team early.

Already tired of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Adding to my post:

Selectors:
Captain: If I ask you guys to name a captain for your best Pakistan 11 team that you have watched playing, you would all be unanimous and say Imran Khan. Yes, an Oxford graduate who knew the game well to change on the fly according to situation he faced. We don't have any Oxford graduate but at least we can make our captain a student of the game by sending him in to video sessions on how captains reacted in different situations. Posing for ads are all good, but training and preparing the most important person on the field is partially your job too. Help siddons in area please.

BCB:
g) Education: Education is a must for these young boys. Make sure they have some sort of formal education. Specially for the captain. He needs to be sent to training camps on how to conduct himself.

h) Training camps: With Rafique, K Mashud and Habibul Bashar out of the National team, make training camps for young boys in several parts of the country with them conducting the camp. Let our new bowling coach accompany them also.
Finally this net practice method for the national team needs to be changed. 4 and 6 balls are killing bd cricket.

BC's resource is just too much. All one has to do is, a little research.
Old November 24, 2008, 01:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

many great suggestions indeed. thanks everyone!
Old November 25, 2008, 02:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
The Tigers skipper informed that they had worked out their first Test mistakes over the last three days, but he believed that there were a few things that could not be solved overnight with practice in the nets and on the drawing boards.

"We have to improve facilities at home if we want to cope with this kind of condition. You can't survive if you are not habituated with this kind of pitches. Unfortunately we have a very wrong thinking that the bouncy pitch should be grassy, no we need sporting wickets where the ball comes onto the bat at a particular height,” he demanded.
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=64948

I hope the BCB listens to the captain and improve the pitches all over the country.
Old November 25, 2008, 02:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Get a Grant/Loan From the BCCI of about 100 Million and Send all 6 Teams to the Three FC Domestic Leagues in India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan for 3 Seasons

2 Teams Each in Each League, rotate the teams every Season, In the mean time Fix the Stadiums, Facilities and Pitches during.
Old November 25, 2008, 02:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

where did the $60 mil go?
Old November 26, 2008, 01:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
where did the $60 mil go?
আমারও একই প্রশ্ন। কই গেলো? শুনেছিলাম কিছু নাকি ব্যাঙ্কে ইনভেস্ট করা হয়েছে।