facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 13, 2014, 05:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Default Countdown to the Caribbean...

I missed those days in BC where fans used to go nuts for months before a series starts. 6 days to go, yet no thread on

- team news and rumour
- broadcast issues
- Sir Ashraful Matin

This must be the lowest profile BD series in BC ever since I joined BC. What happened? We have a series to defend.

Fyi - the team has left Dhaka yesterday, not sure when they will reach.

In the meantime, Sir Ash gave an Eid interview few days ago on TV with Golla. Golla was defending Ash as if he was born yesterday, although I started to feel sorry for Ash. Hate me if you'd like but wish him all the best on his appeal.

In terms of broadcast issue, well what broadcast issue?

Old August 13, 2014, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

i think deep down inside at the root we are still a football nation and not cricket..... we follow cricket cuz we are represented in the world and compete with the best..... when u see loss to silly teams, u lose that enthusiasm ....because cricket is a forced love for us... football is natural......

with world cup ending we are just sad.....and is having hard time getting back to somehing else...switiching gears..

my 2 cent.....
Old August 14, 2014, 01:01 AM
Cricket Savant

I will go out on a limb and guess 6 days

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 14, 2014, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Waiting for the series. This is the first fullfledge Haturu series. I want a good series for the new srilankan. Hoping for a come back.
Old August 15, 2014, 06:10 PM
Banned

We have never been so disappointed in our team - the same mistakes committed again and again and again ... most of us have given up on our team and have decided not to watch BD's games anymore as it is too stressful and a huge waste of time.

Half of the team is out of form and there is no Shakib, we have no confidence in Mushfiq's defensive loser mentality captaincy, we have no confidence in the selectors who keep on selecting the same out-of-form players. But, we are all confident that we will be thrashed big time.
Old August 15, 2014, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
We have never been so disappointed in our team - the same mistakes committed again and again and again ... most of us have given up on our team and have decided not to watch BD's games anymore as it is too stressful and a huge waste of time.

Half of the team is out of form and there is no Shakib, we have no confidence in Mushfiq's defensive loser mentality captaincy, we have no confidence in the selectors who keep on selecting the same out-of-form players. But, we are all confident that we will be thrashed big time.
You are right. I get the same vibe from fellow fans.
Old August 16, 2014, 01:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua

I don't agree that we fans are any short of enthusiasm when it comes to Bangladesh Cricket. It's just we don't post too often here in BC that we used to do. All the regular BC members are busy with their daily activities and seasonal members come only during series is on.

You may say its the low time for BC but we BD fans never give up on our team despite their poor performances. We are with the team in spirit every single moment.
Old August 16, 2014, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
It's just we don't post too often here in BC that we used to do. All the regular BC members are busy with their daily activities and seasonal members come only during series is on.
This might actually be down to the fact that there are too many junk threads being created by one or two people on here on a regular basis and that has also dragged down the quality of the forum. In the past, I guess you had more intelligent threads. I cannot help but notice that there is a vibe of a Syndicate-like feel on here as well. Members of this syndicate are free to do as they like.
Old August 16, 2014, 08:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

funny thing is that no one is countdowning, let me start,
3 days and 23 hours left
Old August 16, 2014, 05:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
This might actually be down to the fact that there are too many junk threads being created by one or two people on here on a regular basis and that has also dragged down the quality of the forum. In the past, I guess you had more intelligent threads. I cannot help but notice that there is a vibe of a Syndicate-like feel on here as well. Members of this syndicate are free to do as they like.
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ight=mod+squad

Old August 16, 2014, 05:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Sorry about the rant I'm about to do here on a certain player but I just can't understand how Mithun Ali has all of a sudden become a regular in the national team. And it seems like as soon as Faruque became selector, Mithun has come from nowhere and jumped over more quality batsmen. Has he performed so well in the A team to get a call up? He actually wasn't even making the A team forget about the national team. The likes of Naeem, Shuvagata, Shabbir, Marshall, Raqibul all deserve it more than him. They want a more pure wicketkeeper? Then select Nurul whose a promising prospect. I wouldn't have minded if Mithun outperformed these guys in the A team but how can you select a player completely out of the blue?

I understand we have others that are out of form but at least those players have success in their records and the alternatives aren't better. Can't say the same about Mithun
Old August 16, 2014, 06:37 PM
Cricket Savant

amra (not to confuse with the fruit) jotona khelar odhir opekkhay boshe thaki, money (not taka)hoy na amader playar rao oto ta anxiously wait kore...

Last edited by Zeeshan; August 16, 2014 at 07:12 PM..
Old August 16, 2014, 07:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Sorry about the rant I'm about to do here on a certain player but I just can't understand how Mithun Ali has all of a sudden become a regular in the national team. And it seems like as soon as Faruque became selector, Mithun has come from nowhere and jumped over more quality batsmen. Has he performed so well in the A team to get a call up? He actually wasn't even making the A team forget about the national team. The likes of Naeem, Shuvagata, Shabbir, Marshall, Raqibul all deserve it more than him. They want a more pure wicketkeeper? Then select Nurul whose a promising prospect. I wouldn't have minded if Mithun outperformed these guys in the A team but how can you select a player completely out of the blue?

I understand we have others that are out of form but at least those players have success in their records and the alternatives aren't better. Can't say the same about Mithun

unless he's improved dramatically he shouldn't be there, he's done pretty well with racking up FC tons in the last couple of seasons but that's about it, still averaging low to mid 30s in that format and there are others like shuvagata, asif ahmed, naeem, marshall, nurul etc who deserve it more (and tbh are probably more talented as well).

like you say we've got better options as pure bats and nurul (probably others to) as a better option as a pure keeper (but i'd place nurul as a better keeper bat and bat keeper at this point anyway).
Old August 16, 2014, 08:05 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Where is the match thread?
Old August 16, 2014, 08:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Where is the match thread?
ami ami ami ami ami!!!!!

please bhaia...please...i wanna do it

Old August 16, 2014, 10:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
unless he's improved dramatically he shouldn't be there, he's done pretty well with racking up FC tons in the last couple of seasons but that's about it, still averaging low to mid 30s in that format and there are others like shuvagata, asif ahmed, naeem, marshall, nurul etc who deserve it more (and tbh are probably more talented as well).

like you say we've got better options as pure bats and nurul (probably others to) as a better option as a pure keeper (but i'd place nurul as a better keeper bat and bat keeper at this point anyway).
Mithun Chakrabarti Ali er nam shuinai automatic choice.. Amar num ya Jodi famous hoito taile hoito amar bhaggo tao Valo hoito
Old August 17, 2014, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza

Agree with you. Not a good message to send when you snub more deserving players.
Old August 18, 2014, 01:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Agree with you. Not a good message to send when you snub more deserving players.
nurul is actually an important prospect, given his ability with both bat and gloves he could free up mushy (potentially BD's greatest ever batsman) to become what he can become as a batsman.

and no it's not a good message to snub more deserving players.
Old August 20, 2014, 03:02 PM
Banned

No expectations = no pain