facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2003, 12:24 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Bye All

After this heartbreaking WC, I need to take a time off.

BD team has hurt me every way possible.

Now I need healing time.

See ya.

Old March 1, 2003, 12:33 PM
Cricket Legend

I completely understand what you are going through. Most of us on the board have been overseas through most of BD's matches since Test status. The first time I watched BD play Test cricket, against Pakistan in Bangladesh, I was so disappointed that I took a long break from this board. Then I came back for a little while, went back to Dhaka for summer, saw the matches against SL and took another long break from the board.

Its one thing following BD cricket on CricInfo. But when you actually see the guys play, you realize just how bad they are. Ever since last winter when I watched our team play Pakistan, I have been saying that we are rubbish and dont belong at this level. I'm sure those of you who got to watch BD play in this world cup after a long time know exactly what I mean. You can't get a feel of how bad they are till you see them play.
Old March 1, 2003, 01:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I'm taking a long break too from this board ppl....very disappinted from the BD's poor performance through out the WC.....heart breaking....
Old March 1, 2003, 06:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Depression has set in properly now...

Man, our cricketers are doing everything to lose their fans. Enjoy your holiday from Bangladesh cricket, Rajputro, Sham and Ehsan.
Old March 1, 2003, 07:50 PM
Cricket Legend

I'm not going anywhere. I already knew how crap our players are. Somehow, I'm not even that depressed today. I just saw it coming, especially since the Canada defeat.

I am sure I've shared this with you guys before, but I went to Dhaka stadium for the first day of our Test Match against Pakistan last January. It was a half-day hartal so I left home after 12. Anyway, I picked up a couple of friends and went to pick up the third at Shantinogor, practically 5 minutes away from the stadium. When I got to his house, we were 130 odd for 3, with Sumon having just reached his fifty. We set off for the stadium, hoping to see a Sumon century and perhaps some good batting from Bulbul as well. Guess what, by the time we bought our tickets and got into the stadium, Bangladesh was 160 all out! That series opened my eyes to how crap we are. And then against SL last summer, I saw more glimpses of absolute stupidity. In one innings, I think our first innings in the second Test, Hannan scored a run a ball 20. Basically, he hit 5 fours and played and missed the other 15 balls. It was TERRIBLE. He drove at every ball, hit 5 that went to the boundary, missed the rest and then got out. And I'm sure few of us have forgotten that we went from 80 for 3 to 87 all out in Dhaka against WI.

I don't know what the point of this post is. I guess I am just trying to say that I'm too used to BD ****ing up to care anymore. For all of you feeling depressed today, dont guys. Our time will come, but don't expect it anytime soon. If you are in it for the long haul (perhaps 15-20 years), then surely we will have things to cheer about.
Old March 1, 2003, 08:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

I'm not depressed.....i thought we might have had a chance but Pilot and our fielders cost it for us. Be sure to return to the board after your absence Raj and Ehsan
Old March 1, 2003, 09:20 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Hope it\'s a short break

Well, I am staying here. I have DUMBED myself down and now that I think about it - for an ASSOCIATE team (ie, not a TEST team), Bangladesh didn't do all too bad over the years.